Start by marking “Blood and Whiskey (The Cowboy and the Vampire, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood and Whiskey (The Cowboy and the Vampire, #2)

Blood and Whiskey

(The Cowboy and the Vampire #2)

Wanted: Lizzie Vaughan, Dead or Alive. Relationships are always hard, but for a broke cowboy and a newly turned Vampire, true love may be lethal. After barely surviving an undead apocalypse in The Cowboy and the Vampire, Tucker and Lizzie hightail it back to quirky LonePine, Wyoming (population 438), to start a family. But she's got a growing thirst for blood and he's real ...more
Published May 1st 2012 by Pumpjackpress (first published March 24th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Blood and Whiskey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood and Whiskey

Start your review of Blood and Whiskey (The Cowboy and the Vampire, #2)
Julie
Jun 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, e-book
The Cowboy and the Vampire: Blood and Whiskey ( Book 2) by Clark Hays and Kathleen McFall is a 2014 Pumpjack publication. ( Originally published in 2012) I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

True to my word, I am giving this series the benefit of the doubt and reading the second book in the series after having gotten off to a rather rocky start with the first book.

Lizzie is now living in Wyoming with Tucker and is pregnant with his child. Yes, she is about to have
Deborah
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Gothic vampire western romance with humour....part 2

With the forth and final book due out in June I've decided to re-read the previous books and I'm so glad.
After reading 'The Cowboy and the Vampire: a Very Unusual Romance' I was hooked, it's the kind of book that you love or hate and if you make it to the end you're hooked, well that's how it was for me. One of the problems with the first book was categorising it, and while you could argue that it doesn't matter what category it falls into and
Janet
First, thank you to Clark Hays for sending me a copy of this book! Authors are like rock stars to me so I'm always thrilled to talk to them. Having said that...I'm still going to be honest in my review, and I think I liked the first book in the series, The Cowboy and the Vampire better. I just don't follow politics very well, and some of Lizzie's interactions with the Consul--and her grand plan for the vampires--was beyond my grasp. I still love the characters (especially the long-suffering Rex) ...more
Niina
Blood and Whiskey starts where The Cowboy and The Vampire left off, Lizzie is now the Queen of The Vampires and she’s pregnant with Tucker’s child, conceived before her turning. What the whole Vampire race is eager to witness if she can turn humans now, if she can then her rule begins and she’s determined to make change - if she can’t then it spells doom to the Royal Vampires who will become extinct and free reign to the Reptiles who won’t miss their chance at gaining freedom and power.

It’s not
Lori {Romancing the Dark Side}
Originally reviewed on Romancing the Dark Side

A dark and thrilling world of cowboys and vampires!

As the newly turned Vampire Queen, Lizzie Vaughan is trying to adjust to immortality. With her friends and human boyfriend Tucker by her side, Lizzie is working on controlling her sudden lust for blood while expecting her first child. Things seem to be falling into place for Lizzie and Tucker but the chaos soon ensues. To establish her role as Queen, Lizzie calls a meeting with the vampire Council to
Chrystal
May 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
I did not realize when I requested Blood and Whiskey that it was a second in a series, I suppose that is my issue for not reading the details about the book. I just fell in love with the title and cover and I was sold on the book without really reading the synopsis, but that didn't really diminish my thoughts on the book. I just really want to go back and read The Cowboy and the Vampire now, because I think it will be an amazing read.

A quick run down of the happenings in this cowboy and vampire
Selene
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Reading Lark After Dark Full Review

With a title like that, it’s no wonder while reading this book I felt like shouting out, “Bite me!” and “Giddy up!” This sexy and thrilling sequel to Hays and McFall’s first novel, The Cowboy and the Vampire, gives us a deeper connection to the heroes we met in its predecessor. Protagonists Lizzie and Tucker are still going strong and continue to surround themselves with very colorful characters. Plot was rich and the settings familiar, yet surprisingly otherw
Alison
Apr 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm ready for book three please! This was such a fun ride. Here's my top 10 reasons why others should read Blood and Whiskey:
10. Vampires
9. Cowboys
8. Awesome love story
7. Hot vampires
6. A consciousness realm called the Meta where Vampires hang
5. Nice nod to Oregon
4. There's a blood farm in it!
3. MacGyver-style weapons
2. Kick-ass female lead with an even more bad-ass side-kick
1. Girl on Vampire-Girl naughtiness

Seriously, this book has great suspense, cool vampire-lore, tear-jerking and wonderful
Kriss
Mar 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Grab a beer, a bowl of peanuts or a martini and some brie cheese or if you are not a human? “There’s no reason to get all pissy, Have something to eat. Or someone, I guess I should say.” (location 150) grab the book and enjoy yourself. I know I did AGAIN with the second in the series.

I discovered this original blend of two of 20th centuries greatest book selling subject matters, cowboys and vampires this fall from a random tweet. Social media at it's finest! How can you say no? The two authors
Alexis Neal
A perfectly serviceable sequel to the surprisingly readable The Cowboy and the Vampire.

This installment starts off with Lenny, our favorite conspiracy theorist/munitions expert/militiaman--or rather, with his niece Rose. Rose has been living on the streets in Portland, but a run-in with some very well-dressed cowboys scares her into calling her uncle, and he and BFF Tucker barrel into town, gun a-blazin'. Trouble is, Rose ain't in Portland anymore, and when the two friends run her to earth, they
Marlene
Sep 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Originally published at Reading Reality

Blood and Whiskey by Clark Hays and Kathleen McFall is definitely "A Cowboy and Vampire Thriller", just like it says in the subtitle. Meaning that it involves a cowboy, (actually multiple cowboys, but one in particular), a vampire (again multiples, some good, some definitely not so good) and is it ever a thriller.

Also, it's the sequel to The Cowboy and the Vampire (reviewed here), and it helps a ton to have read the first book first. These vampires have a w
Lissette
Jun 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Lonepine, Wyoming is a far cry from the life Lizzie Vaughan had previously known. Yet she's willing to give things a shot for the sake of her unborn born child and her beloved boyfriend, Tucker. Still reeling from the events that occurred during the Undead Apocalypse, Lizzie's trying her best to fit in, to make the most of her time with Tucker. Yet that's easier said than done.

Her new life as the Queen of the vampires leaves her yearning for blood at every turn. Tucker has discovered a new blood
Erin Cole
Mar 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
There’s something for everyone …

Once again, authors Kathleen McFall and Clark Hays have penned another gripping, action-packed, romance adventure starring our favorite bloodthirsty vampires and witty, tough cowboys.

What better place for a vampire apocalypse to take place than in the small, western town of LonePine, Wyoming, population 438. In this sequel to The Cowboy and the Vampire, Lizzie and Tucker have much more to lose than just their lives and love for each other … Lizzie is pregnant!

Char
Kimberly
Aug 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-bookshelf
This was just one of those books that had me hooked from the first page! As a person who hasn't read the first book in this series I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed this one. I mean I knew as soon as I read the summary I would like it but I didn't expect the book to have me laughing out loud so often and I mean real laughter not the bemused chuckle you have when you see something cute.

I found the writing to be great there was so much going on in the story at all times I have no idea
Cocktails and Books
Blood and Whiskey is a quirky story of good versus evil, or in this case cowboy versus vampire. However, the vampires aren't all evil so it's hard for the cowboys to figure out just who they're supposed to be going after.

Lizzie Vaughan finds out fairly quickly that being the Vampire Queen isn't all it's cracked up to be. To stop a potential power play and to help align the Council more fairly, Lizzie agrees to convene the Council to LonePine so she can prove once and for all who she is and move
Author Cari
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This exciting cocktail of vampires, cowboys and theosophy will have you thirsty for more. I wasn’t sure the mixture of blood and whiskey would be an enjoyable one when I picked up the first book The Cowboy and the Vampire, but it turns out that to be an unforgettable combination that goes down incredibly smooth. I couldn’t wait to down the second book, Blood and Whiskey, as soon as it came out.

This time around Lizzie and Tucker have returned to LonePine, Wyoming, to settle down and start a new
Billy
Aug 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Lizzie's life has recently turned bizarre as she has become a newbie vampire and to top that off she is carrying Tucker's child, in which he insists that they tie knot. Of all the places in the world to live, she is living in the small town of Lonepine, Wyoming, population 438. Since her father is deceased, she is forced to become the Queen Vampire, but in order to keep the throne she must impress the corrupted Council of Nine by turning a human into a vampire.

Despite being a creature of the nig
Andrea Guy
I fell in love with the first book in this series, The Cowboy and the Vampire. This book is just as good, if not better than the first. I have to say though, you should read the first before diving into this one, things will make much more sense that way.

This book picks up where The Cowboy and the Vampire left off. Lizzie is pregnant and waiting to see if she has the ability to turn Adamites (humans) into vampires. It is a shame her pregnancy isn't an easy one! Clark and Kathleen have a lot of
Jun 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
This sexy, campy story is as delicious as a good steak (or veggie burger, for the vegetarians among you) and just as delicious to bite into! I fell in love with several of the characters, characters who really seem like they could be people you know with all their quirks and endearing (and not so endearing) ways. I also loved the dialogue, which included so many sassy zingers I had to stop marking the pages down since my adoration of Clark and Hays prose was mutilating my copy. The vampire polit ...more
Susan
Jan 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I can't remember how I discovered The Cowboy and the Vampire way back in 1999 (there was once these things called books with pages that you turned...) but it was like nothing I had read before. The mix of laconic, down-to-earth but heroic cowboy and blood-thirsty yet world-saving vampires was unique and delivered in a not-quite-serious but not-quite campy style. Keep in mind that this was five or years before vampires became hot, thanks to Twilight.

So when I saw that Cowboy was an Amazon Kind
Melania
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Dad, Tucker, Rex (the dog), Lizzie, Elita, and Lenny are back. Between dealing with the international assembly of vampires descending upon Lone Pine, a small podunk town in BFN Wyoming, and a possible human blood farm in Oregon, Lizzie and Tucker's vampire/human relationship is put to the test. So is Lizzie's new vampire status-- beneficiary of Lazarus's estate and by default Julius's wealth. Not to mention her pending pregnancy. Tucker will do just about anything to protect his lover and the mo ...more
Scott
Aug 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Where do I start? The saga of Lizzie and Tucker continues with Blood and Whisky. The characters in this story are unique and very entertaining. The overall storyline was fast paced and kept my full attention from first page to the last. Plenty of surprises here and more of the clever humor and wit that readers have come to expect from McFall and Hayes.

This episode (of a hopefully LONG Saga) brings in more back-story to the first book.

The authors didn’t skimp on the lipstick and skin in this vo
Gloria
May 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first book by Hays & McFall, the Cowboy and Vampire, I was very excited when Blood and Whiskey came out. I was not disappointed! I love how the authors were able to let each of their writing "voices" shine while keeping the story continuous. It's a great mixture of two stories that could easily stand alone, one of the cowboy and one of the vampire, but for me the best parts are when they are together.

There is lots to love about the book, plenty of action, sexy vampires, a blood
Michelle
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I think I can't wait for book #3. Please tell me, Clark, there will be a book #3 right?

One of my favorite things about this series is the sheer volume of action. There isn't an idle moment with this bunch of characters.

One small complaint...stop with the whining about your girl eating evil people, cowboy! A vamp girl's gotta eat! lol

Anyway, I could give you a synopsis of this book but just go read it! It's totally worth it.

And thank the Almighty that none of these dang vampires sparkle in the s
Mindy
Jun 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Every time I say I will not read another vampire story a book like this comes along. Funny, charming, quirky, and unique. This book is what this genre is supposed to look like. The writing is clean, fast paced, and fresh.

I definitely give this book 4 out of 5 clouds.

This product or book may have been distributed for review; this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books
Check out my blog post, learn a little more about the series and the artist for the awesome new covers.

In Blood and Whiskey, the saga continues with Lissie, Tucker, Lenny, and Dad, and even the Blue Heeler dog Rex. There is lots to do dealing with the International Assembly of Vampires descending upon Lone Pine (Tiny town in Wyoming). This part of the politics, reminds me of the True Blood (Sookie Stackhouse series) to a certain extent, and having the manufactured blood too. BUT, these autho
Rebecca
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the rules of writing book reviews, according to those people that apparently know such things, is that you shouldn't give away how you felt about the book in the opening sentence. Well, mission accomplished. I made it to the fourth. I seriously love this series!

The Cowboy and the Vampire: Blood and Whiskey is the second book of the Cowboy and the Vampire Series. If you have not read the first The Cowboy and the Vampire: A Very Unusual Romance, you should do that now. Seriously, now.

The se
Lisa
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this second book of the Cowboy and the Vampire Collection, Tucker and Lizzie are back in LonePine attempting to put recent events, at least in perspective, if not behind them. Lizzie begins to find out what her destiny is in the vampire world, while Tucker struggles to make sense of it all and tries to figure out where he fits in. The agents of evil still have their sights on Lizzie, however, so there is never a dull moment.

I have read a LOT of vampire books, mostly for fun, but also as part
Patty
Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Looks and sounds awesome cant wait to read it..
Louisa
Sep 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great, great, great book, really enjoyed it! Hope that there might be a 3rd book, so we can see their baby! But if not, great ending!

• Rejected (Shadow Beast Shifters, #1)
  • Secrets in the Sand (The Lost Pharaoh Chronicles, #2)
  • Salvation in the Sun (The Lost Pharaoh Chronicles, #1)
I'm a writer, ex-poet, lapsed cowboy and whiskey enthusiast living in Portland, Oregon, with my lovely life, writing and backgammon partner Kathleen McFall.

We've written eight books together so far, including the first book in our new sci-fi Halo trilogy:

Scorched Earth
Gates of Mars

We also wrote an alternative history series about Bonnie and Clyde:

Resurrection Road
Dam Nation
Radioactive

And we wr

The Cowboy and the Vampire (4 books)
  • Red Winter (The Cowboy and the Vampire, #0)
  • The Cowboy and the Vampire: A Very Unusual Romance
  • The Cowboy and the Vampire: Rough Trails and Shallow Graves  (The Cowboy and the Vampire, #3)