Start by marking “The Betting Season” as Want to Read:
The Betting Season

The Betting Season (Regency Seasons #1)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  268 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
In AVA STONE's By Any Other Name... Lord Cleasby bets Mr. Potsdon five hundred pounds that Lord St. Austell will bed Lady Philippa Casemore before the end of the season. ~ April 19, 1813

Lady Philippa Casemore caused quite a scene at her very first ball of her very first season. She even landed herself, somehow, on the pages of the infamous betting book at White's gentleman
ebook
Published March 2012 by Night Shift Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Betting Season, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Betting Season

LeeAnna Lane
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
True love will find you when you least expect it.

A young Lady and a rake of a Lord finds themselves written up in White's betting book. What will come of this bet? Will the girl lose her reputation or will they find true love? I enjoyed finding this out. I hope you do too.
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Jun 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, historical
I'm so excited that I finally got a chance to read The Betting Season. This book has been in my kindle waiting for me to read it. However, I kept putting it off. I know, it's a shame. Especially, when I really love the authors that went in it together. The four authors that were part of this anthology are Ava Stone, Catherine Gayle, Jane Charles, and Jerrica Knight-Catania. I have read books from each of these authors and love their writing.

Now about the book: What would the season be like witho
Monica
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Okay

It was cute, the stories were VERY short. Not so much room for character development. And there were only three of the girls talked about- the fourth girl they talk about Alice I have no idea what happened with her.
Also due to the fact that each chapter or "book" was supposed to be about things going on for the characters at the same time there was a lot of repetitiveness from one to the other- I understand the reason for it but it was less helpful than I think the authors thought it was.
Se
Alice
Nov 02, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three short interrelated Regency Romances

Four debutant friends from a Ladies Academy come to London for their first season. This book contains three of their stories, each written by a different author. All 3 girls end up in White's betting book, creating a scandal yet it leads them to their true loves. Very nice but short, and the standard Regency Romance set up of minor scandal, a rake, and a wedding. Fun, and a pleasant read. The fourth girl, Alice, is also to be married but her story is not
Jeene Hobbs
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Romance for three school friends

These are three related, well integrated stories by 3 different authors with 4 school chums in their first Season. All of the stories revolve around bets placed in White's betting book concerning 3 of the young ladies.

There are other similar collections by these three authors also worth reading.
Mary
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: challenge
I really enjoyed these quick little stories, featuring a series of scandalous bets at White's. It's quite a busy social season for all these young couples who find their Happily Ever After in the most unexpected ways.
Bev Ross
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The betting season!

I really like multiple stories revolving around the same place in time that way you really get a feel for what's going on from several points of views !! I loved it! Very good read from some very awesome authors!
Gypsie Holley
Three novelettes about a set of friends that happen on the same timeline. Interesting reading that way.
Donnamiller
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read

I really liked this book it finished everything. Before the end of the book a fresh and talented writer. Congratulations
Meg van Meter
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Four ladies are a good read

A little predictable but a fun way to get there. Four school friends start in on a
London
Season to find husband s--or not.
Amanda
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
Way too soppy and insipid. Yes, I get they are all 'innocent' but enough with the cliche surprise that a person uses a tongue to kiss.
Alice Yandle
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Must Read

The trio of ladies who wrote this kept me turning the pages till early in the morning. I couldn't put it down!
Christina
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short & sweet

3 different stories but they are also the same with the focus on different people. All take place about the same time.
Karen
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
Concurrent humorous tales about three young debutante being noted in White's gentleman's club infamous betting book.

Sweet
Nov 19, 2015
Kathryn
Oct 23, 2015
Lilybound
rated it did not like it
May 14, 2015
  • A Summons From the Duke
  • Pariah (Old Maids' Club, #2)
  • The Wedding of the Century & Other Stories
  • The Diamonds of Welbourne Manor: Justine and the Noble Viscount / Annalise and the Scandalous Rake / Charlotte and the Wicked Lord (Harlequin Historical)
  • Midnight Scandals
  • To Walk in the Sun
  • Two Turtledoves (The House of Renwick)
  • Whispered Music (London Fairy Tales, #2)
  • Three Times a Bride (Scoundrels, #3.5)
  • An Invitation to Sin
  • His Yankee Bride
  • An Encounter at Hyde Park
  • Lords of Desire
  • How to Build the Perfect Rake
  • A Regency Christmas Eve
  • A Regency Invitation To The House Party Of The Season
  • An Illicit Engagement (The Gentlemen Next Door, #2)
  • A Victorian Christmas
Ava Stone is a USA Today bestselling author of Regency historical romance and college age New Adult romance. Whether in the 19th Century or the 21st, her books explore deep themes but with a light touch. A single mother, Ava lives outside Raleigh NC, but she travels extensively, always looking for inspiration for new stories and characters in the various locales she visits.

Feel free to visit her a
More about Ava Stone...

Regency Seasons (10 books)
  • A Counterfeit Christmas Summons (Regency Seasons, #1)
  • By Any Other Name  (Regency Seasons, #2)
  • My Lord Hercules (Regency Seasons, #3)
  • A Bit of Mistletoe (Regency Seasons, #4)
  • The Lady Vanishes (Regency Seasons, #5)
  • Prelude to a Haunted Evening  (Regency Seasons, #6)
  • The Lady Unmasked (Regency Seasons, #7)
  • Lady Patience's Christmas Kitten (Regency Seasons, #8)
  • Lady Hope's Dashing Devil (Regency Seasons Novellas Book 8)
  • Lady Grace's Husband Hunt (Regency Seasons Novellas Book 9)