Start by marking “Darkness Fades (Darkness Falls, #3)” as Want to Read:
Darkness Fades (Darkness Falls, #3)

Darkness Fades

(Darkness Falls #3)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  971 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
Kayla knows she has to save the world from the vampire virus, but what she didn’t realize was just how complicated it could be. As the secrets to the cure start to unfold, Kayla realizes that not only will her strength be tested, but her willpower as well. Tough choices will have to be made. In the end, she must decide just how much she’s willing to sacrifice to get to a c ...more
Published October 12th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Darkness Fades, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darkness Fades

Evie Collins
Jan 07, 2013 marked it as to-read
I'm waiting anxiously for this final book... but the cover really disappointed me.
Juliebells ♫
I struggle to describe how bad this is, but in all honesty, it reads like really amateurish fanfiction for a couple of reasons.

I've read the first book about a year ago and it was bad; but I'm one of those people who have to finish a series.
First I spent about 15 minutes reading summaries and reviews, even my own, of the first two books because I couldn't even remember most of what had happened: they're that memorable.

Also: Get a fucking EDITOR, woman, or learn your goddamn grammar; the sheer am
Christina
10-14-13 It has FINALLY been released! Yay!! (Happy dance)

Saw on her blog that Darkness Falls will be released September 30, 2013

Edit 10-7-13
Update: My editor is working on Darkness Fades right now so it should be ready in a week and a half give or take a few days. Sorry, it's behind schedule. (From her blog)
Lise
Jun 10, 2013 rated it liked it
I was so excited to read the third and final book of this series. However, I was a little disappointed with the way it was written. It seemed rushed and there were some inconsistencies and numerous spelling errors as well. I just wish the author put as much detail into this book as she did in her previous books.
April J
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
At first I loved this series and expected the final book to really deliver on the details; however, there were a major loose end that was never completed/explained.

The Highers language, this seemed to be a big deal in the previous book, especially when a non-higher was found to know or understand their language, yet no explanation was even given has to where this language even came from. The whole language thing hinted at the Highers being an alien race or from some unknown/unheard of region, bu
Liz Ann
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book felt like it was a rush write to me. I really enjoyed the first two books in the series, then this one I read in 3 hours. I don't think everything was finished either. I think I left the series with more questions than answers.
Kristin Campbell
Jun 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cd_authors
What a great ending to this series!

I love this series; the different types vampires, apocalyptic world, love triangle, suspense. I waited so long for this book and it didn't disappoint. Jessica has a way to build suspense and keep it last. Battle and fighting scenes can be visualized perfectly, where in other books I'm wondering, "Wait, how did that man go from ripping whats-his-faces head off on the bottom of the stairs to suddenly being on the top of the stairs, falling over? When did he climb
Anna
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Pretty consistent writing (and editorial misses) in the final book of the series. The too-ing and fro-ing of the various 'viruses and antidotes' remains fairly vague, as does the transition from all out assault to victory in the final pages, nevertheless I was invested enough in the characters to let that go. A satisfactory close to the trilogy, and an entertaining weekend read, though a high level of violence makes it a questionable YA despite the age of the protagonists.
Jen
Aug 09, 2014 rated it did not like it
Nice idea for a story but I couldn't get past the major errors in grammar. If children are reading this it will reinforce their current issues with there/their/they're and than/then (seriously how can two completely different words be confused?)which the author seems incapable of using in the correct places.
These errors amongst others really detract from the story.
Tara
Sep 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Meh....

I can honestly say that only emotion that I muster after finishing this book is let down. There was simply nothing that felt worthwhile and it seemed like all of the character development went out the window.
Bcoghill Coghill
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
I truly enjoyed the story. But this final episode me left me a little wanting more plot and less romance. is that to much to ask? The first installment created an expectation of more story than I found in this episode .
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book was just not a page turner for me like the other two were. The story was somewhat lacking and I found myself skipping pages. Overall, I feel pretty disappointed in the execution of this final chapter in the series.
Katy Horner
Dec 03, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked it but it wasn't as good as the first two...
Nicole
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
great series, wish there was more. Loved the characters great all round read no matter what your age
Gigi
Mar 02, 2017 rated it liked it
3 stars

Well, its finished.
Read it one day.
And quite satisfying as well.

It was fast and bloody and dirty.
But not as much as I wanted it to be.

I liked how not everything got resolved at the end, I mean the end here, is like another starting block for the characters, to eventually go out and continue their duty.

Due to the shortness of the book, I think some things happened to fast, and again to easily. Particularly the rescue mission at the beginning. And characters changed personalities and motiv
Kimm Reilly
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
I dreaded the end to this series because I had a feeling that no matter what happened I was going to be disappointed. Unfortunately I was right. The book was both too short and too long. The important things-if there hope of finding the cure, if both the brothers be saved, was Kayla still being led astray, who was truly good and who was evil- felt rushed, love story was almost non existent and yet the book.dragged.on.and.on. The characters transformed from the complicated, confused and damaged p ...more
Natalie
I've been looking forward to finishing this series for awhile. It's nothing phenomenal, but it was fun and I like Kayla.

While I enjoyed reading this, I didn't love it. The ending wasn't very satisfying to me. I felt like it was kind of cop-out and everything wrapped up to nicely. Sorenson is a creative writer, but she stays on the surface in this book. I would have loved to see her go deeper with the characters and their relationships.

Kayla finds herself trapped with the Highers and then Aiden
David Roberts
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am reviewing the teen fiction novel Darkness Fades by Jessica Sorensen which is a very good story which I bought from kindle. This book is a bit of a horror novel and might be unsuitable for younger readers. The lead character is a kind of half human, half vampire entity called a day taker and has been captured. Her friend who has become a day walker with the aid of a blood transfusion and now has incredible strength rescues her but she is reluctant to leave Sylas who was attacked by something ...more
Jacqueline Vey (Bradley)
Oct 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Yes!!!! All my favorite characters are back!!! Kayla, Sylas, Tristan, Aiden, and Maci!! I am such a fan girl for Sylas! Those of you who have read the series…you know why ; ) I finished this book in one day! I couldn’t put it down because I soooo wanted Kayla to have her happy ending and for all of this madness to end. This book continues off when Kayla and Sylas were captured in the end of the second book.

I don’t want to give anything away, but there is alot of fighting, and blood shed. There
Megan
Nov 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Nicholas Reardon
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have just finished all three books in the Darkness Falls series and what I think is most important to pass on it is that you have to read all three, it is a trilogy so just reading the first is pointless as all you will be is confused.

The covers all look great.

No. 1. Darkness Falls
A very different sort of vampire story and by the end of book one you will not have the faintest idea of what is going on.

No. 2. Darkness Breaks
By the time you get to book two the story opens up and hints are given a
Halston Seabolt
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading the final book in Jessica Sorensen's Darkness Falls trilogy. The perfect ending to an amazing story. This trilogy sucked me in from the very beginning. I couldn't stop reading. The characters are so well developed and the way she lets you see little snippets of Kayla's past was so well done. The way you can connect with Kayla even though she's not human anymore is amazing. Loved the little twists she throws in with some of the main characters. They make you want to keep r ...more
Megan
May 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Overall, I enjoyed reading this series. It had its ups and downs, but it was an interesting world to read about. The ending, however, was drawn out and far too predictable.

(view spoiler)
Kris Harte
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-3-love
I love how(view spoiler). The end was perfect. It had the perfect climax and ending. I was frantically flipping pages and re-reading them. The way Sorensen wrote this trilogy where Kayla has flashbacks is a good way to tell readers what exactly happened to Kayla when she was experimented on. I think she should actually do a novella about it because that's what I'm most curious about. I'm so glad Slais won Kayla's heart. I l ...more
Clarice
Sep 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
kayla and sylas have been caught in the end of the last book. this one starts there with us knowing sylas is changing into an abomination while kayla is being tortured. aiden comes to her rescue though. but aiden isn't aiden anymore. and kayla has a hard time deciding whether he is good or bad. while kayla is intent on finding sylas, she must save the world as well.
as much as i have looked forward to this book coming out, i was a little disappointed that it lacked the punch that the other two h
Uju
May 10, 2015 added it
Kathryn
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was spectacularly intense and I loved every second of it. Unfortunately the spelling errors ran absolutely rampant and left me wondering if the author even read through the work before publishing it. At one point the error goes as far as to call one character by the wrong name which left me gasping in shock that this character had shown up only to realize he hadn't. It was very annoying, but errors aside the book was amazing.
Savanna
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
Again I thought this was another original concept, straying from the traditional sense of Vampires, which i really liked!! However the way this book was written was disappointing... i was really looking forward to this book and they way this book was written really ruined it for me!! I thought the language style was a bit immature and it lacked feeling as well as visual imagery!!
Madison Schroeder
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Best book sad and good ending

Best book sad and good ending

I loved the plot line and the characters. I definitely fell in love with Salas he was my absolute favorite person. in all this was a great book but the ending was really surprising but yet still predictable... sort of...some of it was surprising but others were known
Lindsay
Dec 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Great ending to a really good series. I was sad to see a main character die, but that is how it goes in the dystopian type like world. I so think that it was for a worthy cause though, and I will not rant and rave because it was a tragedy. Lots of excellence happened from it and for that it was worthy. Great how it ended short and sweet, and not forced like ones that are recently published!
  • Lost Seraphine (Seraphine Trilogy, #2)
  • the Dark (The Portal Trilogy #1.5)
  • Blood Lies (Alexandra Jones, #3)
  • I Am I (I Am Alive #3)
  • Falling Ashes (Fire Mage, #3)
  • Touch (Reaper Novellas  #1)
  • Dark Horizons (The Red Sector Chronicles #2)
  • Blood Doll (Vampire Agápe, #3)
  • Evanescent (The Countenance, #2)
  • Undying Love (Undying Love, #1-3)
  • Driven (The Warrior, #2)
  • Sneak Thievery (The Fade, #2)
  • Winter Rose
  • Chaos (Agents of Evil, #2)
  • Dovetailed (Immortal Essence, #3)
  • Blood of Eve (Trilogy of Eve, #2)
  • Anomaly (Causal Enchantment, #4)
Jessica Sorensen is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author from the snowy mountains of Wyoming. When she's not writing, she spends her time reading and hanging out with her family.

Darkness Falls (3 books)
  • Darkness Falls (Darkness Falls, #1)
  • Darkness Breaks (Darkness Falls, #2)