Start by marking “Frog” as Want to Read:
Frog

Frog

Weber Yates's dreams of stardom are about to be reduced to a ranch hand's job in Texas, and his one relationship is with a guy so far out of his league he might as well be on the moon. Or at least in San Francisco, where Weber stops to see him one last time before settling down to the humble, lonely life he figures a frog like him has coming.

Cyrus Benning is a successful
Published April 25th 2012 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Frog, please sign up.
Hiridessa I think the title comes from Weber (one of the MCs) thinking that he is the frog in the relationship while Cyrus would be the prince.

Start your review of Frog
Jenni Lea
Wow. Oh, wow.

I get now why everyone loves this book. I get the high ratings now. I get it.

This book is like sitting in your front porch swing, drinking sweet tea on a warm summer day, just watching the world go by without a care in the world.

It’s like coming home from a long, hard day at work and having a candlelight dinner ready and waiting for you.

It’s like walking into the living room and seeing your husband asleep on the couch with your newborn daughter curled up on his chest.

It’s like slee
Nick Pageant
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
A lot of people around here call Mary Calmes "crack." I need some more of this sweet, sweet crack. I want to smoke it all day and all night; when the crack runs out, I will knock over a gas station to get some more of this delicious goodness.

The MC of Frog, Weber, is the perfect guy; he seems a bit rough around the edges at first, but then you find out he's actually an angel who's good with kids, animals, and everything else under the sun. I was waiting for the scene where he charms a grizzly be
Christy
Apr 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars!!!

photo 95265160-840f-40d0-98c5-0de4ba2a4c7a_zps9a570953.jpg

Frog was a pleasant surprise for me. It a lot of sweet with the perfect amount of sexy thrown in. I loved the authors writing style and both of the main characters were so damn lovable!
“We both know you could do better than me.”

“We believe two different truths."

Weber Yates doesn’t have any family and has spent a majority of his adult life in the bull riding circuit. Many years ago he met Cyrus Benning. Cyrus is a neurosurgeon. He’s settled in San Fransisco with his jo
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Oh, Mary, where have you been my whole life?

Seriously, my heart grew two sizes while reading this book.

And even though I wanted to throttle Web more than once for not realizing that he's more than good enough and lovable enough and beautiful enough for Cy, I still loved him and want him to come train my children who are little shits and not nearly as perfect as Carolyn's boys (no, really, where did she find these kids?).

There are some smexy scenes in this one, but the focus is love. LOVE, peo
Gigi
Re-read June 2016 - fucking perfect

There is nothing I can say about this book that will do it justice. I can just say, "Read it. It was phenomenal. It will make your heart sing." If you don't believe me, you can read the thousand plus other reviews written here at GoodReads. I am speechless with emotion at how much I loved this book. This will be one I'll come back to again and again when I'm feeling blue and need a little piece of sunshine.
Susan
Sep 17, 2012 rated it really liked it

Audiobook review August 21, 2014

I’ve read the ebook version of Frog twice. The first time I loved it (4 stars), the second time I really liked it (3.5 stars), but couldn’t get past my initial niggles. But, what Frog does well as a book is…well…it serves as a comfort read. It’s one of those stories you can go back to time and again and just enjoy.

The audiobook version is one of those that really adds something to the story. Hearing the cowboy drawl in the narrator’s voice, making everything W
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
My first book by Mary Calmes and I was pleasantly surprised. This book was perfect for my current mood. It was sweet and sexy with very little conflict. Just a feel good straight up romance with some hot cowboys to boot (what can be wrong with that!). I will definitely be trying more Mary Calmes in the future.
Nazanin
Jun 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
3.5 Stars

Seven months ago, Cyrus had given Weber an ultimatum; stay forever or never come back. He was just tired of waiting. Web left but then he came back again but not for good, so Cy decided it’s a good chance to show him when someone loves you unconditionally nothing else matters…
Told in single POV, 1st person, it’s a standalone novella. It was insta-attraction/lust; I knew it is the author’s specialty so I didn’t mind. It’s low angsty and an easy quick read. Web was so headstrong and I lov
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
Apr 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Seriously, everyone who loves some sweetness!!
Can I Fall In Love With A Book? You Bet Your Sweet Ass I Can!!

Of all the cute, sexy, awesome books I've been reading lately Frog takes the cake. Not only does it take the cake but it takes the cake, body slams all of the other books and stands on top of them yelling "I'M KING OF THE WOOOOOOOOOORLD!!!".

Web is a cowboy and an amateur bull rider at the end of his career. He's 44, homeless and has forty-two dollars to his name. The one sunshiney bright spot in his life is the brilliant neurosurgeon,
LenaRibka
May 28, 2014 rated it did not like it
DNF at 62%

I tried.

Should I mention, I wanted to like it?
Though I'm not sure I wanted to like it.

I THOUGHT I needed something easy and cute and hot.
I still need something easy and cute and hot...but SOMETHING.
It was NOTHING. About NOTHING.
And it has at least 3 kids to much for my taste.
Not that I don't like kids, but I don't like them in this amount in my MM books.

I know, it is unfair to compare books, but to read it after Joseph Hansen was not a good decision. For the book.

It is a comfort
Emma Sea
Oh the sugar! Oh the wish fulfillment! It's not like Calmes is a good writer, but god, this hits every little shameful button in my stash of secret desires: to be cared for, fed, and loved, forever, by a possessive, rugged, strong man with a big prick. And a cowboy accent :-)
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

11/29/15 Reread - This gets bumped to a full 5 stars!!

I must have been in a picky mood the first time I read this because I found NO flaws this time.

Still is, and always will be, a favorite! Just wish it was available in paperback so I could add this to my shelves.

"You've never been so aggressive before."

"I never knew you belonged to me before."

----------------------------------------

***4.75 Stars***

"Thank you for wanting to hold me, Weber."

"Thank you for lettin' me, Cyrus.
Barbara➰
After three years of on again, off again visits, Weber is back to see the only man he's ever kissed. The only man he's ever wanted for more than one night. The only man he's ever loved.
"The man was mine. Heart, body, soul. All mine. I was such an idiot"~Cyrus

But he's not good enough for the neurosurgeon who could have any one he wanted. Anyone on the same level as him. Not some out of work, ex rodeo drifter.
"Our chemistry was combustible, but we could not have been more dif
Kaje Harper
Jul 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comfort-reread, m-m
Other than an infuriating inability to see his own worth, Weber Yates is perfect. He's very sexy, honest, caring, intuitive, self-reliant, competent, affectionate in public, kind to women and children, and adored by almost every human and animal who comes in contact with him. Oh, and he's a tall cowboy and he cooks. Perfect. By all rights, I should hate him. But the author's skill is such that I actually adore him just like everyone else in this book. This is a sweet story about Web slowly allow ...more
Susan
Fluff fluff fluffer the fluff.

description

Weber and Cyrus meet each other on the ranch were Weber is working. It is lust at first sight. But because Weber is a bull rider and Cyrus a neurosurgeon they don't get to spend a lot of time together (and they live miles apart). The book starts with Weber calling Cyrus because he is in town. Cyrus is so happy to hear from him and picks him up from the bus station. Cyrus is determined to keep Weber this time.

I loved these men together. It was sweet, it was fluffy, I
Eugenia
Totally adorable, super gushy, mushy, and sweet with just a bit of “what defines a man” inner angst for our rambling cowboy Weber.

I was sucked in from the get-go with a super hot scene behind a tool shed between two strangers who end up being our MCs.

Typically, I’m not a Mary Calmes fan since I find her writing a bit OTT in a bodice ripper kind of way. But here, it worked for me due to the short length of the story, and the loveliness of Weber...the man everyone loves except himself. I also en
Amy Lane
Apr 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I wanted this book so badly from the moment the first excerpt was published. I LOVED the entire first chapter--Weber, calling Cy, forgetting the bad, remembering the good, tore up and alone, and wanting only the comfort of Cy's company. It was beautiful, beautifully written, and Weber may not have understood everything, but he sure did understand how to be a foundation for all good things to be built upon. There were no big misunderstandings, and the character comes to understand what we ALL und ...more
DW
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm-love
Boo... What did I miss? I just really didn't like it!!
Chelsea
re-read January 2019 - just as wonderful this time round!

Review

That was absolutely gorgeous!! No angst, but sooo much emotion and the sweetest book I've read in ages! I loved all of these characters, the boys were super super cute! Sometimes kids can be unrealistic or quite annoying, but not these boys.

I really liked that while Weber was rather annoyingly stubborn about leaving again, once he realised he loved Cyrus and was needed by the boys, he sat down and THOUGHT about his other options, ins
Ann
Ummm - not so much.

I regret to inform you that I will be unable to join the love fest for Frog, please accept this basket of mini muffins in lieu of my attendance - *runs away*

I tried, I really, really did. I have to say, I totally get why this is such a comfort read and why it is THE go to book for a literary hug. I get that part.

For me though, oy, the sweet was a little painful. There is sweet, which I like and appreciate, and then there is SWEEEEEEEET. This was the latter. Unfortunately, whe
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
Reread (listen) 1/9/017, Month of Mary 5/9/2017, 1/25/2018, 3/29/201
Reread 6/4/2020 I really needed that.
******************
Original review8/21/2015

I needed fluff to combat taking my only child for the start of his first year in college. I knew that any book by Mary would deliver. Frog did not disappoint. The narration by K.C. Kelly was nice (a lot better than I expected).
Kassa
Jun 19, 2012 rated it did not like it
I actually finished the whole book, which I consider a bit of a feat, considering I didn’t like this one. I didn’t hate it to the depths of it’s soul but frankly I find very little appealing about Frog. It’s clichéd, ridiculous, full of perfect Gary Stu characters and the author’s voice is muddled with too many cutesy and perfect moments. There is no tension, no romance, and no real genuine emotion by anyone without even getting into the various situations that simply wouldn’t happen in real lif ...more
Lenore
I won't review this.

All I'll say is that it should have ended at around 70%. It would still have been 99% sugar fluff, but it wouldn't have taken that sharp turn straight down to sugar-coma-ville.

It's one star for the book and one star for my dear friend, Susan, who recommended it to me. You tried, love. That's what counts! Plus, it worked. My brain has been effectively numbed.
* A Reader Obsessed *
Ok I know I'm a little late to this Mary Calmes party and there isn't much I can add to this fan favorite.

I really, really liked this. It totally hit my angst buttons of want, desire, insecurity and doubt. I also admit that though not much happens, I was perfectly ok with that. As I've said about past Calmes books, I appreciate stories depicting couples in their every day lives - it must be my love of epilogues because it was so enjoyable watching these two care for each other despite Weber's st
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Omg. I don't think I will ever recover from this 💞
Christina Marie
Has your day gone to shit?

Are you finding it hard to smile?

Are the people around you driving you insane?

photo AngryandAlone_zps86c20d6a.gif

Think there's no answer?

There is!!!!!!!!

Try Frog by Mary Calmes.

It removes sadness, and has special ingredients designed to inject fluffy goodness straight to your heart.

photo AdrenalineHEart_zps2f20b48c.gif

Doctor recommended, CM approved.

Guaranteed to make you feel good.

*Side affects include, but are not limited to: overheating (on account of the sexy), lack of sleep, smiling until your cheeks hurt, sentimental tears,
Kat, short for Clara

I just read and loved a book which had a character who was a gay cowboy version of Mary Poppins and featured a fluttering, quivering, and pink puckered hole(s).

I think this is Mary Calmes' face every time she snares someone with her weird voodoo shit.

~Volha~
I absolutely loved this book. It was funny, sweet, light-hearted and sexy. I adored both men. They may be different but they love each other fiercely and after some thinking are finally ready to build a life together. I enjoyed Weber and his easy way about everything. But what made him less perfect were his misgivings and doubts about himself, the fact that he, just like anyone else, needed to find himself in order to finally understand what it was that Cyrus saw in him. I liked Cyrus and how fr ...more
Sheri
Oct 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Comfort read. Perfect gentlemen. Endearing pair.

Everyone has a favorite food that makes them feel better no matter the day, a reliable security blanket of happiness. I believe I have found my go-to ‘pick me up’ author. This is definitely a mood type of story. If you are need of a beaming smile and a happy heart, this is the book for you.

Cyrus is swept off his city shoes by an elusive cowboy from the moment their eyes locked. He gives this rodeo wanna-be star a glimpse of the man he aches to be,
Meags
4 Stars

I can easily see why this is a favourite among Calmes’ fans. Here, she did what she does best and created another fabulously romantic story featuring an all-consuming, passionate and epic love, which sometimes leans towards the boundaries of unrealistic, but is always enthralling and addictive for romance readers like myself.

I enjoyed the dynamic between wandering cowboy/bull-rider, Weber, and well-to-do, prestigious neurosurgeon, Cyrus. Their relationship angst was the kind I eat right
BUDDY READ- Wency, Lolita and Rach :) 114 38 Nov 03, 2013 04:17PM
Romance Readers R...: March PIFM buddy read- Frog 31 39 Mar 07, 2013 06:37PM

• Muscling Through
  • Perfect Imperfections
  • The Last Thing He Needs (The Last Thing He Needs, #1)
  • Nowhere Ranch
  • A Second Harvest (Men of Lancaster County, #1)
  • The Weight of It All
  • Promises (Coda Books, #1)
  • Rattlesnake
  • The Heart of Texas (Texas, #1)
  • The Blinding Light (The Tav #1)
  • The Locker Room
  • Spring Strings
  • Beyond the Sea
  • Red Dirt Heart (Red Dirt, #1)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1)
  • Spooky Business (The Spectral Files, #3)
  • Disasterology 101
Mary Calmes believes in romance, happily ever afters, and the faith it takes for her characters to get there. She bleeds coffee, thinks chocolate should be its own food group, and currently lives in Kentucky with a five-pound furry ninja that protects her from baby birds, spiders and the neighbor’s dogs. To stay up to date on her ponderings and pandemonium (as well as the adventures of the ninja) ...more