Start by marking “Vengeance” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Vengeance

A.J. Scudiere

Vengeance (The Sin Trilogy #1)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  120 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
How would you react if the mafia took out your entire family? Cynthia Beller came up fighting. Years of training have made her the mafia's worst nightmare, but there is another who is out for Vengeance too and an FBI agent close on her heals.

Find out what is "right" and what is "justified" in AJ Scudiere's VENGEANCE.
Audiobook
Published 2010 by Griffyn Ink (first published October 22nd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Vengeance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vengeance

Katy
Aug 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of thrillers/suspense
Recommended to Katy by: JKS Communications
Shelves: ebook
Please note: Originally read 9/14-15/2011; I am re-reading the book before I read the 2nd book in the series, Retribution. I received the original file from JKS Communications in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Book information: Genre: Suspense
Reading Age: Adult
Trigger Warnings: torture, murder, rape (not on page, historical), suicide (historical)
Animals: Several guard dogs are killed; deer is killed for food

My Thoughts and synopsis: Vengeance is exactly my kind of story.
Terryann
At the age of 11, Cyn is brutally attacked and watches as her parents are murdered right before her eyes by the Russian Mafia. Lee is an accountant for the same bad guys. After Lee tries to get the them back for their evil ways, his wife and daughter are murdered. Both Cyn and Lee independently go out for vengeance. Cyn by turning ninja, Lee by guns and brute force. Unfortunately, they keep running into each other, while going after the same guys. They also have to contend with the FBI. This boo ...more
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
Aleisha Allen
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

The best thing about Vengeance by A.J. Scudiere a heroine, named Cyn and her night Lee. She is no damsel in distress and she can safe herself. She is fully capable of protecting herself and avenging the murder of her family. Yes, she saw her whole family murder in front of her.

Lee has similar motive and seeks out Cry after stumbling upon her at several times. They are both want to murder the same person. Lee discovers her true identity and urges her to help him kill. Together they go out on a ki
Kim
Mar 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wayne Jacobs
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

Good action packed mystery/thriller. Could this happen in real life? I am sure it does. A lot of unsolved cases for police could have happened this way. You assault a woman and this could happen to you.
Jamie
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW. Twists and turns on every page full of didnt see that coming.. Great book I cant wait to read #2.
Garry
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A plodder

Prodded my way thru ..but it was well worth it..good read good characters and a great ending ..well worth sticking with
Steven Brandt (Audiobook-Heaven)
A J Scudiere’s first audiobook, Resonance, was a sci-fi medical thriller about the earth’s magnetic fields going through a polar shift. Her second audiobook, Vengeance is about a couple of mafia crime victime who decide to fight back, embarking on remarkably similar paths. Does Scudiere suffer from a split personality? No, I think she really is that versatile. These are two very different novels but Scidiere writes both like a pro. I suppose some credit has to go to her researchers, but ultimate ...more
Allizabeth Collins
Description:
Vengeance by A.J. Scudiere is appropriately titled; it's about getting vengeance, and lots of it. Claymore Beller was an accountant for the Russian mafia, until the day he tried to turn them over to the IRS, resulting in the murder of his entire family, and of Claymore; or so they thought. Claymore's youngest daughter Cynthia survives and makes it her mission to get vengeance on the men who killed her family.
Lee Maxwell's family was also killed by the Russian mafia for his own betr
D. Alan
Feb 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
engeance is a wonderfully crafted tale of two unlikely people who choose a dark path after tragedy strikes; a story of two victims who strike back. Cynthia Beller was a child when her parents were killed by the Kurev family. Lee Maxwell’s wife and daughter were killed by the same Russian mafia family because of his work at a financial firm who handled the mob’s accounts. Instead of moving on with their lives, they disappear in search of payback.

Cyn, now nineteen has become known to the FBI as th
Avry15
Oct 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
originally appeared on:Bookshelf Confessions

*I won a free copy of this book from Librarything Giveaway*

the book had carried me away from the very first page, from the title vengeance-this book was all about.

i find the storyline really interesting, this was full of dark0thriller/crime/actions, it was also interesting to have a female counterpart here. the story says that you can never run away from the mafia, once you made a mistake everyone you love would pay it...
Nine years ago, Claymore Beller
Jessica Bronder
Jul 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Lee’s wife and daughter will killed because he worked for the Russian mafia. Since then, he has gone of the grid and is taking out different members of the family to get revenge for the deaths. While trying to kill another member of the mafia family, he stumbles upon a petite brunette placing a large red bow and gift card on the all ready dead family member that Lee was planning on killing.

Cyn lost her family to the same Russion mafia. After loosing her sister in foster care, Cyn started trainin
Valentina
Sep 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book by Ms. Scudiere that I’ve read, and what has struck me the most is how different her books are from one another. This not only applies to plot lines and characters, but also to pacing and style. She created a new, wholly different reading experience with this book compared to the last one I read.
What drew me in immediately were the two main characters, Lee and Cyn (or Sin, as she is also called). They are brutal yet endearing killers out to get revenge for the wrongful de
Ali (Ali's Bookshelf )
I was given the chance to review this audio book, Vengeance, from Audio Juke Box and I’m very glad I took the chance on this one.
Usually, I wouldn’t choose this kind of genre but, I wanted something different than my norm. So let’s get down to it and see what I think about Vengeance by A.J. Scudiere and the audio quality of this story performance.
Vengeance is a great story of two people who have had way to much history with a certain family. These two people cross paths along the way as they s
Nicole Galloway-Miller
The best thing about Vengeance by A.J. Scudiere is the kick-ass heroine, Cyn or Sin as the other main character Lee calls her. She is probably the strongest female character I’ve ever had the honor of reading about. I despise “damsels in distress” and no one would ever characterize Cyn as a damsel and she is most certainly not in distress. She is fully capable of protecting herself and avenging the murder of her family. With a similar motive, Lee, the gunner, suffers a severe loneliness that pro ...more
Melysah Bunting
Vengeance by A.J. Scudiere is a mystery/crime novel which features two people who are deeply affected by the mafia. Cynthia is a teen girl who lost her whole family to the Kurevs. Lee is a former account of the Kurev family who lost his daughter and wife. The pair are out to seek revenge on the ones responsible.

Owen is a FBI agent trying to pin down the killers who are leaving random mafia people dead. Owen dubs the girl the "grudge ninja". The ninja leaves bows attached to her victims like Chr
William Bentrim
Sep 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-for-swap
Vengeance by A.J. Scudiere

If your taste runs to Old Testament justice, this is a must read. Two souls overcome with anger and rage wreak havoc on the villains who provoked them.

In many ways I found myself more touched by the enormous pain that Lee and Cyn(Sin) felt in this book. They were both involved in horrific situations that scarred their very being. Out of the hundreds of people each year in similar situations, they responded with uncanny similarity of goal and dissimilar behavior. The ca
ILoveBooks
Sep 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Have you ever felt like murdering someone? Ever had your whole life turn upside down? The reader is privileged to live vicariously through the main characters in this novel. The book is a thriller and very fast-paced, perfect for readers who have been bored with their previous reads.

There are two very well-developed characters in this book. They come from very benign backgrounds as far as who you might expect to go on a killing rampage (only the bad people
Tanya
Oct 12, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The publisher sent me a copy of Vengeance to read and review. I was not familiar with the author and was glad to be given a chance to read one of their books. Vengeance starts out like other books I have read where there is a victim who is getting even for a past injustice. What makes this book different is that while the first character is getting even she comes across another person doing the same thing that she is doing. In fact they end up at the same place at exactly the same time to do the ...more
Sharon Michael
Oct 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Suspend belief and settle in for a fast read with this serial killer action/mystery that is relatively bloody/graphic and still manages to be entertaining with occasional touches of humor.
It has to be the characterization that does it for me in this one as the storyline follows two serial killers out for vengeance against mob killers and the agent in charge of the national task force to apprehend them and his wife.

I tend to not identify with sadistic serial killers but in this case the author ma
Amy
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This author rocks!! I enjoyed her book God's Eye quite a bit. While this is an entirely different story, I liked it for similar reasons - interesting characters, great pacing, and I could not help but get completely wrapped up in the story. The late-developing romance was believable and completely NOT cheesy... In fact, this is a book not about romance but about healing on a very human level. And it's not shoved in your face - its just a very enjoyable journey that you can finish with a sigh of ...more
Craig
*free copy won through contest on a book review blog*

At first I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about Vengeance. It started off a bit slow. However it quickly became one of my favourite books. The characters were incredibly developed and I really enjoyed how it slipped back and forth from different view points. At times I found myself saying "the FBI agent is a moron for not thinking of this" but I guess that could have been because I had knowledge he didn't.

I would recommend Vengeance to al
Mary
Dec 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A young woman seeks to avenge the violence the mafia unleashed upon her family nine years ago. Now, having become a skilled ninja, she is ready to take down those who killed her father, and mother, and destroyed her sister, leaving her alone at the age of nine. Cyn (a.k.a. “Sin”) will take these monsters down, one at a time. She also works to take out others who do harm to the innocent, through her own brand of vigilante justice.

For my full review, visit: http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.act..
Shiy Conrow
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What would you do if you witnessed the slaughter of your family at age 11 by the Russian mafia? What would you do if you are the accountant for the same mafia and while trying to do the right thing they murder your wife and kid. Both Cyn and Lee independently go out for revenge. Cyn becomes a deadly ninja, Lee uses guns and brute force. Then there is the FBI who keep getting in the way. This book is dark fast paced and witty. I loved it.

**Disclosure: I received this product for free, almost free
Jesi
Jul 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who enjoy action books
It was enthralling, but the ending was ...anticlimactic. I'm not entirely certain that it COULD have any other ending, though. Still, I was disappointed after everything else. The characters ...I *guess* you could say that they grew. Maybe they healed. Not sure what to call it. Again, it's a problem that I have with the ending - the characters just... weren't believable. For a thriller/suspense/action type book, though, it was enjoyable mindfluff.
Karin
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“You didn’t know what tense was until you’d been underground for almost four years, killing hit men for sport, and living with another killer who you were only recently certain wasn’t truly sociopathic.” I enjoyed this book even though I thought it was VERY long! I would recommend it to those who enjoy suspense and vengeance.
Dawn
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi
A lone girl turns assassin to get revenge for the death of her parents and sister. Someone is getting to her targets before she does. There is another assassin getting revenge for the death of his wife and daughter. They team up to get he job done.
Krizia Anna
Jan 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: a-j-scudiere
It was a good book. It was exciting. I love how the author showed the FBI side and also the serial killers' side. The plot is different, something new. I love the twist at the end. The story just started a bit slow for me.
Felix Bearden
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though we are "a nation of laws", it is still satisfying that justice is rendered in spite of the authorities failures.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Hailey's War (Hailey's War #1)
  • Fezariu's Epiphany (The Elencheran Chronicles #1)
  • All He Saw Was The Girl
  • My Dead Friend Sarah
  • Song In The Wrong Key
  • Aventurine Heart
  • Mocked by Faith (Mocked, #2)
  • Sela (Leland Dragon #2)
  • Devotions For the Beach and Days You Wish You Were There
  • Rebel Streets: A Novel of the Irish Troubles
  • Original Sin
  • Stowaway
  • Three Wishes
  • Sweet so Fragile
  • Die I Will Not (John Chase/Penelope Wolfe Regency Mysteries, #3)
  • The Rexworth Manifesto
  • White Lies
  • The Devil's Pitchfork (Derek Stillwater, #1)
It’s AJ’s world. A strange place where patterns jump out and catch the eye, very little is missed, and most of it can be recalled with a deep breath. It’s different from the world the rest of us inhabit, but anyone can see it - when we read. In this world, the smell of Florida takes three weeks to fully leave the senses and the air in Dallas is so thick that the planes “sink” to the runways rather ...more
More about A.J. Scudiere...

The Sin Trilogy (3 books)
  • Retribution (The Sin Trilogy, #2)
  • Justice (The Sin Trilogy #3)