Start by marking “La marcha zombi” as Want to Read:
La marcha zombi

La marcha zombi

Max Brooks vuelve a sorprendernos con cuatro visiones del universo zombi..En «El desfile hacia la extinción», vemos la guerra entre zombis y humanos a través los ojos de un vampiro preocupado, por primera vez, por el futuro. China muestra todo su poderío en «La Gran Muralla», donde la invasión zombi se combate con trabajos forzados en una extraña construcción. «Steve y Fre ...more
Published January 31st 2012 by DeBolsillo (first published June 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about La marcha zombi, please sign up.
Maddison Farrawell If you have read World War Z, this book is like bonus stores to that book. Its short and sweet not amazing, but not terrible. Worth reading if you enj…moreIf you have read World War Z, this book is like bonus stores to that book. Its short and sweet not amazing, but not terrible. Worth reading if you enjoyed WWZ. (less)

Start your review of La marcha zombi
Rebecca McNutt
These zombie stories, can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em off. Despite the zombie subgenre fad having passed ages ago, books like this one keep popping up to feed off of readers everywhere. And from time to time everybody likes a good zombie thing, like an old George Romero film or a well-written story, but not when it's been done a hundred times before and then some. Closure, Limited has no depth in my opinion, no originality, not even anything new to offer the genre other than the usual post-a ...more
Becky
I really enjoy Max Brooks' stories. I love his insightful way of looking at the zombie culture, what it represents, what it means for us, what we would, or could, do about it if it were to occur.

I recently recommended Max's World War Z to a friend, and loaned him my copy so he could read it. (Don't worry, it's back in my possession now, and unharmed. :D) He returned it with the comment that it was probably one of the best stories about society in crisis he'd ever read, and that the realism was i
Alice
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombies
If I had paid £5.99 for this book I'd have been extremely pissed off! It's only 120 pages (the print over covers about three quarters of the page).. and.. well it's not great. I loved LOVED World War Z but this does not live up to it, it's wreaks of cheap, lazy money making off the back of that. Even the writing isn't up to Brook's usual standard.

I can only assume the endorsements on the back are for World War Z, and whoever wrote the blurb that calls this a "terrifying new collection of short
Zedsdead
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Zombie fans.
Recommended to Zedsdead by: Tim Lehnerer
Shelves: review, anthology
Four short zombie stories from the zombie master himself.
------------------------------------

Closure, Limited: A Story of World War Z--Picks up right where WWZ ended in the aftermath of the zombie apocalypse. The interviewer visits a post-war company that goes to great lengths to make zeds up like lost loved ones so that the client can achieve some measure of closure. With a handgun.

Well-written and realistic, a solid addition to the oral history of the zombie war. 4 stars.
---------------------
Georgina
Jun 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great little book with a few short zombie stories...If you're expecting descriptions of gore however then avoid this book, this looks more at the survivors and the war they wage upon the undead in order to survive. It deals with self sacrifice, hope and strategy. I particularly enjoyed the story 'The Extinction Parade' because it dealt with vampires too..

All in all a great book if you're after something to read in a day, however it fell short of 5 stars because I would have liked to ha
Kaitlynn
Holy crap, it really is short.

Anthology includes 4 stories, all in the same world as WWZ, set during and after the war.

Chapter 1 - Set after the war, a company makes bank (view spoiler) This one had the voice closest to WWZ, in my opinion, but its all buil
Bonnie
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't get enough of this author so I got this book through interlibrary loan. It ended up coming from Ohio. Crazy.

So the first story follows the writing style and it's okay. It's really secretive until the end so I don't want to give anything away but I'm not sure why the excess effort would be spent on something like this when there's civilization to rebuild. I suppose it depends on how long after the war the story was.

The second story was two stories in one and were told in a completely diff
Otherwyrld
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
This was a short (a very very short) collection of just 4 short stories seemingly set in the same universe as World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War. I say seemingly because it is not specifically stated as such, it is just that the stories are all zombie related.

All are entertaining in their own way, the best of the bunch is probably the one which posits the question of how vampires might react to their food source all turning dead and inedible. It's a question that has been asked befo
Kat
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great little extra to World War Z! Written in a similar style, it brings you back to a world after a zombie epidemic!
Jade
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent zombie stories, but disappointing Max Brooks' stories.
Ghostcat
I've been hooked and smashed by World War Z so I wanted more. I enjoyed these short stories, especially the one with vampires. Now I'm on my way to finally read The Zombie Survival Guide!
Dawn Peers
"No closure, whatsoever"

I am a huge fan of Max Brooks' work and of World War Z, as I am sure practically everyone who buys this is.

If you have never read any of Brooks' work before, do not buy this as a first foray in to his work, it doesn't do him justice at all.

I was so excited to hear another Brooks' compendium of stories was coming out. Imagine my disappointment when a wafer thin 'tome' with paper quality matching that of a pulp paperback landed on my door.

Still, not to be one to judge the b
Chris Bissette
This collection of four stories from World War Z author Max Brooks is good fun, and a nice addition to his growing body of WWZ-related works.

The book opens and closes with stories told in the same style as World War Z - that is, interviews with survivors of the war. It's a style that works well for Brooks, and I love getting a glimpse into the minds of the different characters that he has populated his world with. Opening story 'Closure, Limitied' (the title story of the collection) is the best
Toby
Apr 15, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't feel that such a short "book" deserves a long review, so it won't get one. Four stories are in this book, none of which are especially good or well written. One features vampires which, for me, was a complete turn off. I love zombies and all they represent, however I find vampires uninteresting and personally would prefer to keep the two undead creatures far distant from each other!

Annoyed by that, the poor quality of the stories, and the sense that I'd paid to read something that has b
January
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: a, fic
I'm a fan of WWZ and this book, which felt like a hastily-produced expansion, was a let down. There were only four really short, unrelated stories. How about taking more time to write more stories and releasing a decent book, huh? There were appalling grammatical mistakes: the plural of Asian was "Asian's", and for every "construction sight" I came across I did a mental facepalm. Construction SIGHT?! Was this book not edited?? And, sigh, one of the stories was told from the POV of a vampire. Peo ...more
Jim Shaughnessy
Sadly, Brooks fails to live up to the quality of his previous work here. Weak storylines, lack of resolution and one story that is too bizarre even for zombie fiction makes this book one to not worry about missing.
Tasha
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An addition to World War Z this tells more personal stories from survivors. The Closure Limited company is something I could imagine happening in todays society. I didn't enjoy the supernatural The Extinction Parade so much, mixing genres I don't think go well together.
Adam
Feb 22, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia
A very short book - disappointingly short. The stories within were worth reading, however perhaps only buy this book if on offer.
T.A.
Jul 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've always wondered what would happen to vampires in a zombie Apocalypse and now I know.
Johanna
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
I LOVED World War Z and this collection of short stories is another good wee zombie read, just not up there with Z. Max Brooks (son of Mel) is the master of writing zombie stories, but he writes about zombies not just as a gritty horror but “as the perfect lens for examining societal collapse. Zombies are SARS... or the hurricane that drowned an entire city or ‘the master race’ that burned an entire continent” as Brooks tells it. It’s his way of commenting on our society and our own destruction ...more
Andrew Bulthaupt
I listened to this book via Goodreads.

This book is a compilation of several short stories set in Max Brooks' World War Z universe. They span a wide variety of locations and people to help expand the world he created with The Zombie Survival Guide.

Some of the stories break new ground and introduce new characters and events that we haven't seen previously, while others revisit things from past installments. It's a nice variety that lets the book stand on its own but rewards people who have read th
Ashley Dotson
After World War Z, this collection of short stories fell extremely flat.

In Closure, Limited I think there was a decent premise, but it was cut so short that in the end it's barely memorable.

I don't even remember the name of the second story, just that there was some janitor reading a fiction book about zombies as he wasted away hiding from them? Again, some potential, but meh.

The third short story, the zombie war from the perspective of vampires, takes up most of the page count and is probably t
John Naylor
I own but haven't got round to reading other Max Brooks books. I might have made an error starting with this one as I lack the background to at least two of the short stories.

There was one (possibly stand alone) story that I did really enjoy. It was based on vampires and how they had to adapt to a zombie apocalypse. I found this to be an interesting take on both genres.

Other stories seemed to end too abruptly without reason or explanation. There was enough here for me to read more from the auth
Junhao
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5 stars. It's a short collection of 4 stories which you can finish in less than 2hrs. As a standalone book, it's just average but if you have read World War Z by the same author, then these four stories expands on that stellar world-building. The only gripe I have is that the 3rd story, while bringing in an interesting new concept, doesn't seem to fit in with the world of World War Z and of the other three stories in this collection. Do read World War Z first before deciding whether you woul ...more
Tim Broughton
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good little stories for a very short read. I'd say a 4 hour sit down you will have this book finished.
The best part is probably the second story in the book. Vampires have began eliminating the 'subdead' so they have a food source left to feast on! A brilliant take on another species point of view!
James
May 05, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was SOOOOOOOOOOOO confusing. World War Z was soooooooo much better than this tiny snack. Every story in this collection confused the crap out of me, except the last one. There was much more action in World War Z than in this book. I understand that this book is much shorter than World War Z, but c’mon, VAMPIRES???? Such a stretch. And that’s not a spoiler. One of the stories includes vampires. Disappointed.
Jamie Ogilvie
It’s okay, World War Z is my favourite book and the short story’s are more complimentary other than new chapters. The most in depth and closest to being like a new chapter of the book was the Extinction Parade. It feels disappointing, I love the world Max Brooks makes because it feels so real and unbelievable and then, vampires? Sort of soiled the amazing world I loved.
Richard Thomas
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice extension of the zombie universe as set out by Max Brooks. The swapping of narrative styles though interesting for the short stories can be difficult to track if you aren't paying full attention to the book
l
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Too short. However, interesting take on a couple. Change out zombie threat, vampire threat, to approaching deadly disease epidemic, religious zealot uprising, etc. and these stories, as other zombie tales, are scary because of reality.
Andi Is Awesome
The best thing about this was how short it was 🙄
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Miniatures: The Very Short Fiction of John Scalzi
  • Sword of Kings (The Saxon Stories, #12)
  • Marionette: A Zombie Series (Marionette Zombie Series Book 1)
  • Terra baixa
  • Inside HBO's Game of Thrones: Seasons 3 & 4
  • Lost Encyclopedia
  • Habla de nosotros
  • Inside HBO's Game of Thrones: Seasons 1 & 2 (Game of Thrones Book, Book about HBO Series)
  • Tu sexo es tuyo
  • Run The Gauntlet
  • Beside a Burning Sea
  • The Last Present (Willow Falls, #4)
  • The Diary
  • Graceful (Willow Falls, #5)
  • 13: Thirteen Stories That Capture the Agony and Ecstasy of Being Thirteen
  • The Waitress
  • Sure of You (Tales of the City, #6)
  • Little Gods
Max Brooks is The New York Times bestselling author of The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z. He has been called ”the Studs Terkel of zombie journalism.“

Brooks is the son of director Mel Brooks and the late actress Anne Bancroft. He is a 1994 graduate of Pitzer College. His wife, Michelle, is a screenwriter, and the couple have a son, Henry.