Start by marking “Faith at Work: Finding Purpose Beyond the Paycheck” as Want to Read:
Faith at Work: Finding Purpose Beyond the Paycheck

Faith at Work: Finding Purpose Beyond the Paycheck

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  28 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Explore the benefits of applying the basic tenets of faith -- teamwork, perseverance, trust, and goodwill -- at work while connecting with the funny and heartfelt lessons learned along the way by Kevin Lowry.
Published 2012 by Our Sunday Visitor (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Faith at Work, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faith at Work

Mar 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012-list, favorites
This is a great book, hands down. Kevin Lowry is approachable and I found that, though he wrote what is undoubtedly a business book, it’s applicable to all of us who work, whether we work at home or in an office or on the road. Lowry taps into his experience and his wisdom, shares his faith and his insight, and tops it all off with a bit of humor and perspective. I really enjoyed reading it and I will be encouraging others to read it as well.
Tiffany
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I originally put this book on my to read look because I'm passionate about integrated Christian living, and was excited to meet an individual with a similar interest and see another book written on this book by a fellow CPA and Ohio-based business leader. At the time, I did not realize that it would address the concept of faith at work from a foundation of Catholicism. As I read the book, I found myself having to lay aside statements or references to Catholic beliefs to concentrate on the underl ...more
Sylvia Jeronimo
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Good stories that are inspirational and practical. Great prompters for prayer and group discussion. Wish more scripture was used.
Stuart
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
How many people work for the Church? What about missionary work? I'll even count people who work for organizations that help spread the Gospel either by word or deed. If you fit into these three categories, then you are not Kevin Lowry's target audience with his book. While I know your jobs aren't always easy or fulfilling, I believe that the spiritual rewards you see from the people you minister to can be uplifting. Instead, this book is intended for us poor working stiffs in the secular world ...more
Steven R. McEvoy
May 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Few books have as an immediate an impact on all areas of your life as this book will. This book was stunningly designed to help you be a better servant of God and through that a better employee and coworker. With every chapter you learn new lessons that you can start applying immediately. Each chapter is broken into three sections - first the text of the chapter, second, action steps and third, questions for reflection. As I read this book I found that I would read a chapter a day, and the next ...more
Barbara
Sep 01, 2012 rated it really liked it

I actually enjoyed reading this book. It is very light but the concepts are sound. Now that I have finished, I am taking each chapter and working on the questions and reflections. I did not give it 5 stars because I wished it could have been longer.
Dave Brandt
Mar 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great insights. Helped me recognize that I have a great gift in my work and a great responsibility and privilege to make Christ known in that environment. Thank you and may God bless you Kevin.
Laura J.
Sep 22, 2014
Kevin
Mar 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Hee-jung Cranford
Mike Durand
Oct 12, 2014
Andy Upah
Dec 02, 2014
Kevin Lowry is a convert to Catholicism and the son of a former Presbyterian minister. He and his wife Kathi met at Franciscan University, where they discovered the richness and beauty of the faith. After spending time as spiritual nomads, the couple met Scott and Kimberly Hahn, and faced the inevitable. They entered the Catholic Church at Easter Vigil, 1992.

Kevin and Kathi have eight children and
More about Kevin Lowry