Start by marking “Inner Guide Meditation: A Spiritual Technology for the 21st Century” as Want to Read:
Inner Guide Meditation: A Spiritual Technology for the 21st Century

Inner Guide Meditation: A Spiritual Technology for the 21st Century

A completely revised edition of this best-selling title. Describes the transformational journey to enlightenment and awareness using the tarot, astrology, the Qabalah, the alchemy of transformation, and analytical psychology.
Published November 1st 1987 by Weiser Books (first published April 28th 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Inner Guide Meditation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inner Guide Meditation

Start your review of Inner Guide Meditation: A Spiritual Technology for the 21st Century
Kelly Nezat
Jul 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was the first metaphysical book I read in the late 80's. It introduced me to the power of the imagination, journeying to other 'realms' and meeting with my Guide- an experience that has been the most life changing event of my life. His writing is a bit dogmatic. Ed was an astrologer and a Jungian Analyst. He had very particular beliefs and he shared them. What is most striking about his contribution is that he offers others a path to find out their own truth. So, if you get hung-up on Ed's ...more
Paul Bard
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Carl Jung admitted that his methods of inner exploration (Active Imagination) were risky, but it is not until this work was published that a safe and reliable way to conduct shamanic work has been established.

"The Inner Guide Meditation" is a superb collection of tips, guidance, and ideas on archetypal inner work. The author seems to conflate inner and outer levels of truth at times, which can lead to unintentional absurdities, but if you regard his pronunciations of inner truths as his
Davida
May 08, 2009 added it
This is one of those books I will refer back to often. I really enjoyed it and even met my own inner guide.
Christopher Miller
Read and Follow These Instructions Carefully

(All quotes are from the Second Impression in 1983 of The Aquarian Press publication dated 1982).

There is one thing about human beings that is consistent throughout the world: we do not follow instructions carefully. The reason for this title is to get your attention.

Sit in a comfortable, straight-back chair, with your spine erect and both feet flat on the floor. Separate the two sides of the body (don't have your arms or legs touching each other or
John Kulm
Apr 23, 2009 rated it liked it
Presented a way to find your guide,but presented it as if it's the only way.
The section on "projection" made me understand how I see myself in others, rather than seeing others; made me see that I need to learn more about projection.
The author had some odd ideas, like, "The accidental arousal of Kundalini can produce the phenomenon called 'spontaneous human combustion.'" Oops.
Yana
Apr 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ценна книга. Но част от инфото беше неизползваемо за мен.
Jean-Pierre
Aug 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
A highly intriguing method I look forward to practicing. Just make sure to take Steinbrecher's own advice while reading this book: if something doesn't feel right, don't go with it.

While on the whole, Steinbrecher's method seems sound, some of the applications and contexts he's writing about seem very much the products of their time, especially in regards to human sexuality.
Harriett Lane
May 26, 2015
Neil
Sep 07, 2017
Julie
rated it did not like it
Jan 07, 2016

• The Artist's Way
  • Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing
  • You Can Heal Your Life
  • The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales
  • Many Lives, Many Masters: The True Story of a Prominent Psychiatrist, His Young Patient, and the Past Life Therapy That Changed Both Their Lives
  • A Course in Miracles