Start by marking “Mind's Eye (Mind's Eye, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mind's Eye (Mind's Eye, #1)

Mind's Eye

(Mind's Eye Trilogy #1)

Seventeen-year-old Kearly Ashling can travel anywhere her mind takes her—literally. Becoming Empress of the planet Cyeor and battling monstrous, otherworldly creatures isn’t a problem. Living among the elves on the Plains of Glasslyn has yet to be an issue, as well. Even touring normal places like Paris, London, Tokyo, and the Amazon Rainforest isn’t difficult.

But travelin
Published January 1st 2014

To ask other readers questions about Mind's Eye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mind's Eye

Aditi
May 08, 2014 rated it liked it
I hereby declare, I'm officially a YA novels fan!
Well huge thanks to the author, Rebecca A. Rogers, for mailing me with an e-copy of her book in exchange for an honest review.

Mind's Eye is not any kind of chicly love-story, instead its gripping and highly intriguing tale of a teenage girl, Kearly, with a super special ability,(like seriously cool!)till it’s very last pages. Kearly can travel in her mind, can visit unknown places, can do a battle and can certainly fall in love with the people of
Sa
That cover is so cute!The plot was simple and things happened too conveniently but it works for this story.Kearly was likable and realistic.Books like this remind me why I love YA so much!
Shana Festa
Apr 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

Yes, Yes... I've already admitted my weakness for YA Fiction; but there's just so much good stuff out there! Now I have a list about a mile long of series that I'm waiting on the next book. Add that to my TBR and I will never get to the end of either :)

I always said that if I could have a superpower I would want to be invisible; but now I think I've found something much better than that. Wouldn't it be fascinating to be able to esca
Liz
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was asked to read this book in exchange for a honest review.

Kearly Ashling is not my first impression of Mind’s Eye. Well, it was Kearly, but I didn’t know it was. I got to start this book on a totally different planet, and that was pretty cool…

Now, Kearly comes across as your typically ill adjusted, angry at the world, rebellious teenager. Dark hair, dark clothes… what we called emo when I was a middle school teacher.

Her mother, Tabitha, certainly isn’t any help. Smoking, drinking, and probab
Angie Elle
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
***This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.***

I really enjoyed this book. The idea of being able to create your own world and go wherever you want to is exciting! The consequences of doing that, not so much…

I really liked Kearly. She was just your average teen (aside from her ability, of course) who liked hanging out with her friends and getting away from school. She could definitely be a badass who wasn’t afraid to stand up for herself or her friends, and I liked t
Shelby
Mar 31, 2014 rated it liked it
** 3.5 Stars **

* I received a free eCopy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review **

Mind's Eye is a very unique read. I was impressed by the amount of thought and imagination that the author put into the writing of this book.

Kearly is an average high schooler with a not so average ability. Kearly can travel anywhere in the world. And anywhere not in the world. The sky is the limit. Or rather, her imagination is the limit. If she can think it, she can go there. Unfortunatel
Sarah Capps
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amber
Mar 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook, young-adult
I was very intrigued about the premise of this book. To be able to go wherever you could possibly imagine? I am one of those people who lives in there head. A big day dreamer, so that just made this even more of a fun idea.

Kearly is a great lead character. She's very witty and snarky. She doesn't take any bull from anyone. During one of her "trips" she meets this guy Dom, who she didn't make up. He works for an agency that stops people with Kearly's abilities by erasing their imaginations and m
Elizabeth Alsobrooks
I never bore my readers by rewriting the cover blurb of a book, but I do need to say that I wish I was a Dreamer! But I suppose as a writer I am the next best thing and will have to be satisfied with that.

Obviously I enjoyed the premise of this book. Clearly Rebecca has a wonderful imagination too. With Kearly, we have a believable 17 year old with a horrible home life that makes us wish her well in her fascinating form of escape.

The plot is a bit slow in the beginning as the author lays out t
Tia
Mar 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book in return for an honest review, and honestly I am now hooked on this series!

Kearly is a high school student that has the ability to physically travel any where that her mind can imagine real or of her own creation. One day she's celebrating her victory in battle as Empress of Cyeor and a mysterious man pops into her world, she knew she hadn't created him so how did he get there? He demanded she stop using her ability or that he and the others would erase it. How could someo
Marissa Hakala
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book through Goodreads First Reads.
Kearly Ashling is a high schooler with the ability to go anywhere in her imagination. It's all fun until a guy appears threatening to completely take away Kearly's imagination if she keeps using her ability. This soon leads to Kearly becoming a fugitive from M.I.N.D, a corporation that wants to get rid of all "Dreamers."
I really liked Kearly. She was strong, stubborn and funny. The book took me a little while to get into, but soon I couldn't
N.N. Light
While I had excitement over the premise of this book, I found it difficult to connect with the characters. There's an underlying message I didn't agree with and the cliffhanger was horrible. Why did I give it a three-star instead of one-star? The author's writing ability is superb and she kept me turning the pages because I needed to know what would happen next.

My Rating: 3 stars
Melanie
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ry-2014, read-in-2014
4.5*s
review posted here...
Mind’s Eye is the first book in the Mind’s Eye series in which we meet Kearly Ashling, a seventeen year old girl whose imagination can literally take her anywhere. Kearly uses her means of escape often to balance out the wreckage that is her home life but that has brought her to the attention of a mysterious man who warns her not to use her powers again for what she does is wrong & if she doesn’t stop….he will erase her imagin
Dixie Conley
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
Okay, wanna know what the one fucking huge flaw in this story is? It never even once tells us what is so bloody bad about having an imagination. Yes, having this gift allows you to create and inhabit imaginary worlds. But who is that hurting? Does it hurt the dreamer? Does it hurt the world as a whole? Is making up new worlds somehow destroying our world? Are all the imaginary worlds real somewhere and thus the dreamers must be stopped because they're abusing real people? What? But, no, the stor ...more
Joy
Mar 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-of-2014
I really enjoyed this book. It is not like any other that I have read. I loved the premise of individuals who can enter their imaginations and interact with the characters they have created there. I also thought how the Kearly has to battle and run from the top-secret organization made the story more engaging and left you wondering what was going to happen next. The story was fast-paced and kept me turning pages. I also really enjoyed the main character Kearly. She is an extremely strong charact ...more
Dakota Hurlburt
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Cj Mackenzie
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have received this book in exchange of an honest review.
I’m always ready to read a good young adult paranormal story and Mind’s Eye is definitely one.
Right from the start I liked the premise of this book and thought it was both different and original.
The main character is funny and witty and I liked her immediately.
The plot moves rapidly and the story is well-written and very interesting and I think any Young Adult and Paranormal fan would enjoy this story.
Melissa
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed this book very much. The author did a great job with character development and the storyline was flawless. I loved the the female lead was a strong one. Kearly wasn't afraid to stand up for herself and though she came from a less than perfect home she never let it get her down. I will definitely be on the look out for the next installment! Can't wait to read other stories from this author too!
Teresa
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It is a different concept than what I am used to but I was entertained the whole time. I will definitely read the next book.
Kirti Fadnavis
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
early is a great lead character. She's very witty and snarky. She doesn't take any bull from anyone. During one of her "trips" she meets this guy Dom, who she didn't make up. He works for an agency that stops people with Kearly's abilities by erasing their imaginations and memory. He gives Kearly a warning that if she does it again he will strip her ability away from her.

I didn't really know what to think of Dom at first. He just came off as very cocky and kind of arrogant. But you do discover
Jason
Jan 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Amanda
Feb 13, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
The idea behind this book was a pretty cool one.

I thought the depth was a bit lacking but the story was enough to keep me engaged and wanting to know more.

I would have liked to see more details about M.I.N.D instead of surface information. I was left mildly confused at to the WHY of what they did. What was the purpose of taking away the imagination ability? I never understood the danger it imposed.
Willow
Jan 31, 2014 marked it as to-read
SOooo interested in this book!
Melissa
Jun 02, 2017
Zulea
rated it it was ok
Jan 24, 2015
  • Dead Chaos (Valkyrie, #3)
  • Within the Shadows of Mortals (Ashen Twilight #2)
  • Earth Warden
  • Mere Mortal
  • Grizzly (The Realms, #1)
  • Burning in a Memory
  • Bones of the Fair (Darest, #2)
  • Fragile Brilliance (Shifters & Seers, #1)
  • Quick Fix (Ciel Halligan, #2)
  • Elfkind
  • Redemption (Hearts of Stone, #1)
  • Home for the Homicide (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery, #7)
  • Notable (Smith High, #3)
  • The Break of Dawn (Vamp Chronicles, #7)
  • Unnatural (Holloway Pack, #4)
  • To Rise Again
  • Frozen Flames (The Genesis Files, #1)
  • Hooked (Hooked, #1)
Rebecca expressed her creative side at an early age and hasn't stopped since. She won't hesitate to tell you that she lives inside her imagination, and it's better than reality.

Follow Rebecca on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram to stay updated regarding her books and reviews, or sign up for her newsletter.

Mind's Eye Trilogy (3 books)
  • Mindful (Mind's Eye, #2)
  • M.I.N.D. (Mind's Eye, #3)