Start by marking “Haunted Moon (Moon Coven, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Haunted Moon (Moon Coven, #0.5)

Haunted Moon

(Moon Coven 0.5)

A teenage witch-to-be in Galway, Ireland, Leeny Moon was prepared to take her rightful place in the circle along side of her family. That was until she witnessed firsthand the forthcoming nightmares she would be expected to face, vampires.

The fight between go
Kindle Edition, 1, 38 pages
Published March 27th 2012 by BKC Publishing

K.B. Miller
Mar 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
I am so proud of how Haunted Moon turned out! I have wanted to write Leeny's story for a very long time, but things were getting in the way.
I took a week, and let ,Aileen Fionna, tell her story. I hope that you enjoy it! Please leave me a review.
Love, Hugs, and Kisses,
Kymberlee xoxo
Delphina
May 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
What a wonderful treat! I loved compulsion and was happy to see that there was a prequel! I actually picked it up the first day it was available. This is the story of Lilyann's grandmother and she was such a powerful influence in the lives of the characters in Compulsion that I was immediately drawn into this novella. One of the nice things about this novella is that if you are a compulsion lover, it adds to the tale. If you are new to the world of Compulsion, it gives you a chance to explore it ...more
Jennifer  Davis
Apr 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved this novella. I haven't read Compulsion yet, but had no issue understanding what was going on in this short. From my understanding, the events in this book happen before the storyline in Compulsion. It revolves around Lenny, and her coming of age to be initiated into the Moon Coven. You will learn the frustration, fears, and doubts, that Lenny endures during her witch in training process. In gives you and insight of how life was with her family and what role each one plays. The author has ...more
Jennifer Wright
I am so excited, because if KB Miller can draw us in with this novella, I can't wait to see what she can do with a full length novel or a serial novel. I really enjoyed Haunted Moon, and am excited to read Compulsion when it releases. This is a great way to get a feel for KB's writing style.
Jacquie Talento
Apr 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the beginning of a truly good story to Compulsion. This is Leeny’s story and her beginning of becoming a Moon witch and her acceptance of her gift. Ms. Burks-Miller has a wonderful way of telling her story.
Julie
May 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Before Lilyann stepped into her destiny to lead the coven, there was another powerful Moon witch...her grandmother. A teenage witch in Galway, Ireland, Leeny Moon was prepared to take her rightful place in the circle along side of her kin. Until, she witnessed firsthand the forthcoming nightmares she would be expected to face.

The fight between good versus evil begins here...

Blessed Be~

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

I love having a short story which leads to the main book, the back story always helps when
Melissa
May 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Where to start? When I first read Compulsion I was in love. It was one of my first true five star books for review. So I was very excited when Kymberlee Burks-Miller posted that she was coming out with novella series books based on the Moon clan. It allowed me to continue on with the Moon family addiction. Luckily for me, Haunted Moon did not disappoint.

The first in the Moon series starts with Leeny Moon. Leeny has just gotten her first grimoire.... the same grimoire that Lilyann finds, and us
Justine
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a novella by K. B. Miller about a young soon to be witch.
Leeny is in line to become a powerful witch like her mother is and grandmother was. Leeny is lead the coven someday. She is prepared until one night a vampire attacks her and her mother Rose. Rose stakes the evil vamp. Leeny watches it all unfold and from then on doesn't want to become a witch if that is what it entails. This really upsets her younger sister who keeps being told that she isn't mature enough to be a witch just yet,
Lynn Worton
May 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a novella written by Kymberlee Burks-Miller which shows Leeny Moon, Lilyann Moon's grandmother, as a teenager growing up in Galway, Ireland. This is a fantastic short story that shows a teenager on the cusp of being accepted into her family's wiccan circle. Leeny is a strong character in Compulsion, but in this novella, we see her as an uncertain teen who is only just learning her craft. I thoroughly enjoyed this novella, and hope to read the next story in the Compulsion series soon. If ...more
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Mar 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All genres
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: K.B. Miller
I give this sweet little Novella 10*s!! It was an awesome perspective on Lenny's thoughts about becoming a witch and the trials she she struggles with in her thoughts. To finally realize that its her destiny and that she can take on the responsibility to protect not only the ones she loves but the people of the town against the bad vampires. Thank you Kym for the awesome little Novella!! This is a Must READ!!!
Paranormal Books R Us
May 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was a wonderful back story to see how things started with Leeny Moon and the decisions she had to make for her life and family. It was a quick read which is great if you're short on time and totally worth it. I haven't read the other books in this series yet and you don't have to to get completely swept away in Leeny's story. But I can tell you I can't wait to read Compulsion, and Harvest Moon because I have to know what happens next in this magical series. I'm Hooked! :)
Anne (Angel Anne Reviews) Nelson
“What a powerful little package,” that’s what I found when I read Haunted Moon!! They say that good things come in little packages, but so does dynamite.. Well in the case of this explosive novella, that’s a good thing J

I absolutely loved this novella, but I didn’t want it to end so fast.. Ugh L Thank you Kymberlee for such a explosive read.

Lenny is a young witch (or soon to be witch) in the most powerful of covens, the Moon
Coven. Not just any witch, but the thirteenth female Moon witch.
She lea
Candy Smith
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing

I really enjoyed Haunted Moon. I usually do not read books that are mostly about witches but Kymberlee Burks-Millers really made it an intriguing read. It was an easy read and the story flowed well. It kept my attention and had wanting to know what was going to happen next. I can't wait to read the next book to see how the story progresses.
Leeny Moon is about to be initiated as a full fledge witch. Her mother brings her out one evening to start her training. Leeny knew that as a witch it was her
Paranormal Reads
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this novella. Being able to see another side of Lenny before she became a kick butt Wiccan was great.

We get to meet her at sixteen right before she becomes member of the Moon Coven and see her struggle with becoming a witch and fighting for those she is suppose to protect. But one day everything changes when her sister is threatened. Lenny looks into herself and finds the courage she needs to stand up to the vampires and accept her place in the Coven.

I loved the little bit we earned abo
Sabrina
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing

I loved the little bit we earned abo
Bonnie Bernard
Jun 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If there is anything wrong with Haunted Moon, then it's the length. I wanted more! Well, to be fair, I knew it was a novella, so the length really isn't a complaint...I just WANTED MORE. The story was engaging, the characters believable, the drama and tension well played, and the dialogue nicely paced. I especially enjoyed the tension between the family members. Gripping and realistic.

Others have given a summary, so I won't. Suffice it to say, this nibble of Kymberlee's work makes me want to fe
Sara Nelson
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book on Amazon for only 99cents!!

I first started to read Compulsion by K.B. Miller. It was the first book, and a couple of chapters into it I stumbuled apon Haunted Moon and started it right away. I am so glad that K.B. decided to do a novella just for Granny (Leeny)! At first I was shocked that Leeny did not want to be a witch, but as the story keeps going she gets stronger and follows her fate to join the Moon Coven. I loved every part of this book! K.B. Miller you did an amazin
Jennifer Treviño
This novella is GREATNESS!! I enjoyed reading it from beginning to end, &I was left wanting more more more! =D Leeny & Colleen remind me of my girls in many stages of the story. Seeing the very realness of their duties to protect & what that entailed through young Leeny's eyes was a great idea! A VERY GOOD READ! And...Off I go to purchase Compulsion (the first full length novel in the Moon Coven series) as soon as it's available. =*} Thanks for getting me hooked! :)
Brittany
Apr 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love the cover on this short story companion to the Moon Coven Series by the author. And I really loved that it could be a stand alone book since I have not yet read the first book, Compulsion. The author brilliantly weaves a tale that leaves you wanting more. I loved reading about the characters and can't wait for the re-release of Compulsion to be able to continue following them! I recommend this book to everyone who likes a good witch story :)
RaeBeth
May 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Haunted Moon by Kymberlee Burks-Miller pulls the reader into a magical world where vampires and witches exist. The novella is well written and the plot is interesting. I fully enjoyed reading this novella and I plan on reading the entire Moon Coven Series.
Chuya
Jun 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing

This book was given to me for a review.
It was amazing. I couldn't put it down. I read through it so quick that I'm dying to read Compulsion next. I absolutely loved the story. Not at all what was expected. I'm definitely recommending to all my reader friends. Well done K.B. Miller.
Bryce Miller
May 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
HAUNTED MOON by Kymberlee Burks-Miller
We all got a taste of what Kymberlee Burks-Miller could do when she released her debut novel Compulsion. And, we all fell in love with it instantly as evidenced by all of the artwork, personal stories, and volunteerism of fans from all over the world. In the beginning of the story we met Lily, The teenage girl main character who would go on to become a powerful witch leading her Moon Coven against evil vampires. Lily receives a cell phone call from her dad.
Amy Erstad
Dec 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I totally love this novella.
I didn't want to stop reading it, which is always a sign of an excellent book, and even better an excellent author.
I first of all loved the dialect that was used.
While I, of course, have never experienced the supernatural events of this book in person, I have experienced the real life struggles that Leeny goes goes.
I so felt for Leeny while she was going through both her family struggles, and her magical struggles. Being the eldest daughter, it has to be tough when
Autumn
May 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was great! I can not wait to read the second book in the series to see where this goes. I got this book for free and just now got to start reading it. It was an amazing 30 minute read for me. Haunted Moon is the back story to Compulsion. In Haunted Moon you follow the character Aileen or Leeny and how she is being taught by her mother the ways of the family. Who by the way are witches. In this book you will deal with vampires and witches, and Aileen has to learn how to protect her fami ...more
Mindy/fangedmom
May 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
For a novella, this book was incredible. I am now HOOKED and have to read this series.

I am a huge fan of witches. Especially witches from the 1800's and the 1900's. I love the history that goes along with a family of witches. This book DOES NOT DISAPPOINT!

I was instantly set in the Irish scene with the young, soon to be witch Leeny Moon. She is almost 16 and ready to become a full powerful witch like her dear mother. After an event that almost changes her mind to even embrace her heritage, Leen
Apageaway
May 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book I’ve ready by KymberleeBurks-Miller and I was very anxious to get to read it. I feel completely in love with her first book in the Moon Cover Series, Compulsion. This book is the first novella and is a touch on the back story of Grandma Leeny Moon. It was great learning more about when Leeny first became a witch. The story defiantly shows how not even the strongest or most confident were always strong or completely confident. This was a great first novella and a great pac ...more
Lisa Markson
Jun 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Lisa's review of
Haunted Moon
By Kymberlee Burks-Miller

I have to say I am now a proud member of The Moon Coven and cant wait for more.  I love how  Kymberlee incorporated family traditions and the importance of what legacies that each family member contributes to who you are.  Family is one that is worth fighting for in life and I was not disappointed in this touching and compelling story.  The way she was able to bring life to the characters you couldn't not love each and everyone of them.  I am
Angel Haze
Jun 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Aileen-Fionna Moon is a young witch, excited at the thought of becoming a witch until she witnesses her mother kill a vampire. The attack should not have affected her as it did. The war between the witches and vampires is nothing new. It was her job to protect. And yet, the death of the vampire haunts her. Suddenly, she finds herself struggling with her Wiccan heritage and her own beliefs of good and evil.

Haunted Moon is a great teaser for Kymberlee's Moon Coven Series. It's a fast and easy read
TJ
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Haunted Moon is one of those stories that instantly appeal to you. I can’t say much without revealing the whole story but I’ll just say its hard to put down once you begin.
Haunted Moon follows the life of Aileen-Fionna Moon or Leeny as she is called. She’s a witch in making belonging to one of the most powerful covens. Follow the story to see how she goes through different phrases, gets to know her powers and comes through it all in the end.
An amazing read! Can't wait for the full fledged novel
Mad about
May 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The second installment tells the story of Aileen/Leeny moon, Lily's grandmother and her training to become a witch. Unlike Lily, Leeny knew she was a witch and was studying to start her combative training in preparation to join the Moon Coven.

It's far more intense than Leeny realised as reality is obviously far different that just studying from a book. Her ethics are questioned when seeing her mother destroy a vampire which has attacked them and Leeny has to make a choice on which is the right a
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Bloodstone Oracle (The Dark Gifts, #2.5)
  • The Vampire Hunter's Daughter, Part VI (The Vampire Hunters Daughter, #6)
  • Sky Blue  (Ruby Blue, #3)
  • Wilted (The Witching Pen series, #0.5)
  • The Faery Hunt
  • Tales of Aradia the Last Witch Volume 1
  • Embrace (Gryphon, #2)
Okay, so I'm supposed to tell you about me...
Seriously, if I wrote a book about myself it would take you 10 minutes to read and you would be bored stiff after the first 2! LOL

I'm a full-time writer, wife, and mother. Which basically means there's always a surplus of pencils lost somewhere in my hair, I usually have some place to be(I'm always late), I have a bad habit of calling family and friends

Moon Coven (3 books)
  • Compulsion (Moon Coven, #1)
  • Conversion (Moon Coven #2)
  • Blood Moon (Moon Coven #2.5)