Start by marking “Impact (Wild Men of Alaska, #1)” as Want to Read:
Impact  (Wild Men of Alaska, #1)

Impact

(Wild Men of Alaska #1)

He’ll fight anyone or anything to get her back.

Alaska State Trooper Skip Ozhuwan has waited five years to reunite with Wren Terni, the woman he’s always loved. Flying back home for his sister’s wedding with only him and Wren in a chartered bush plane guarantees he’ll have her undivided attention.

Ever since Skip arrested her five years earlier, Wren vowed never to lay eyes
Nook, 50 pages
Published March 12th 2012 by Story Vault (first published March 9th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Impact, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Impact

MsRomanticReads
This review can also be found on my blog.

I loved the setting for this story, and I felt transported to the equally beautiful and harsh environment. As for the story itself, the push and pull between the once lovers was palpable and entertaining. Despite those good points, I'm sad to say that this novella just didn't do it for me.

I found myself a little confused by their history. Skip past the spoiler link if you don't want to know too much about Skip and Wren's history.

(view spoiler)
Cindy ~
Jun 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Skip Ozhuwan and Wren Terni grew up together in a small Alaskan town. They were childhood sweethearts. But that all went south when Wren's mother committed suicide and Wren blamed her abusive father. Not wanting to face the pain Wren turned to a life of drugs and Skip had to arrest her and send her away. This was also after she shot him.

Five years later Wren is coming back to Egegik for Skip's sister wedding which she is the Maid of Honor. She has to get there on a puddle jumper with Skip to ma
Lady Heather
Nov 29, 2014 rated it liked it
3. 5 Stars

This was my virgin read of this author.

This is a short story about a couple who had a difficult past.

They never stopped loving one another in the 5 years since their separation, and they finally have an opportunity for a second chance.

This story is their journey of letting go of past, forgiving one another, and having the courage to move forward.
Epiphany
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tiffinie-helmer
Impact is the first book I have read in the Wild Men of Alaska group of stories. I really enjoyed Wren and Skip's story, I only wish it was longer. The descriptions of Alaska are wonderful and make me wish I had not turned down that job so many years ago.
Malinda
3 stars

This is a short story about 2 ex-lovers that get trapped together in a crashed plane during a storm in the wilds of Alaska. Wren and Skip grew up together and were each other's first loves. The full details are sketchy but it appears that certain things ended Wren on a path where she got hooked on drugs and Skip had to arrest her for her own good. I didn't have an issue with that but I did find it strange that he dropped out of her life for 5 years and thought it would be easy to get back
Janet Juengling-Snell
Nov 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love stories about lovers who reunite for a second chance at love. And I love stories that take place in my home state of Alaska!

With this short story by Tiffinie Helmer, I have both.

When Wren Terni returns to her village for a wedding, the last person she wants to see is Alaska State trooper Skip Ozhuwan, the man who arrested and sent her to jail for 5 years. But as luck would have it, he is on the same small 3 seat plane as her. When they crash in the mountains, these two have to face each o
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Oct 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wren Terni isn't looking forward to seeing Officer Skip Ozhuwan yet there he stands in small King Salmon Airport. He's just like she remembered with a few changes to his physique that she can see. Wren wonders if he thinks of her like she does him. She really doesn't want to be here flying home to Egegik for her best friend's wedding. Skip wants to spend time with Wren before his sister's wedding before she gets caught up in all the wedding festivities. Skip is stunned with how beautiful she is ...more
Katrina
Apr 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
A well balanced romance mixed with a little suspense and smexy moments. Great underlying storyline with compelling characters- a bit of danger and drama to keep us on the edge of our seat. And also a bit of heat to spice up the romance.

Characters I'm sure that will pull you into the pages . The . Chemistry between Wren n the sexy trooper will certainly mpact your read loll !!! I certainly wouldnt mind snuggling up to him on a cold Alaskan winters night ** wink wink ** ...

A short quick. read th
Victoria
3.25 RATING- I actually wanted to read book two in the Wild Men of Alaska series. After seeing Impact was the first book and only 50 pages long, I thought I'd start there, although after reading both, they are not connected.

Impact was a very short read but had some cute moments. It's a quick snapshot of a second chance romance that blooms again after a plane crash. The story isn't very believable but it was a decent read. I liked the hero but wasn't that big of a fan of the heroine.

Note: At the
Tina
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
Excellent read! I loved this short story so much. Great characters, location, humor. I especially loved being in Wren's POV. She's a funny, funny girl! I couldn't ask for much more. Very pleased with this, and was very entertained as well. I'd read it again, and I can't wait to read the other books in the series.

The only thing that kind of bothered me was Wren's name… I kept misreading it as When on my tiny phone, which was a pain each time :(. Damn eyes playing tricks on me! Unfortunately, that
Natalie
Mar 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Tiffinie Helmer does a GREAT job at mixing suspense and danger with some really surprising and laugh-out-loud humor. The hero and heroine were very real to me and I feel like I got lost in the wilds of Alaska with them. I loved how much depth and humanity shone through the pages in such a short time. The only critical thing I would say about this is that it left me wanting a lot more. More of the story, more of the characters, and more adventure and danger in Alaska. I hope she keeps this up bec ...more
Newbee (JoAnn) Brown
Sep 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Not sure I would have been so obsessed with the other person if I was in a fight to survive, but  then this was a romance book after all,lololol... And there was a point I thought "Well get it over with all ready."  But all in all it was a good story for being so short.

Deffinately for mature adults ....

The author did a great job of supplying enough info of how these two people got to where they're at in life... But this would  have been a great ending for a full size book!

Looking forward to rea
Kelly
Sep 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Oh, yay! Snowed in (not in a cabin, but in a downed plane, but who am I to quibble?) and forced to cuddle up to conserve body heat! I do so like that! Fun and sexy, I liked that Skip and Wren knew each other from before and that Skip was determined to win Wren back. *thumbs up*

This book was a free Kindle download I picked up 09/15/12 for the Why Buy the Cow? reading challenge.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
Sarah Louise
Jan 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: free, kindle
It was a quick fun filled read,the basic dynamics of the story were good and Wren had complexited written all over her ..Skip was definitely the more down to earth Guy..who just wanted to protect her..it was a sweet love story ;)
Beverly Donnell
Oct 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this short story. It was the first one of her books I have read ... Yah new author for me
Becky
Sep 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
Okay this book had a good strong concept for a good read however, it fell short very, very short. Very shallow story execution, 2nd chance romance that gave plenty of issues this couple had to work through to get their HEA, but sadly it was wam bam thank you mam, swept under the rug HEA the end! Not recommended read.
Liz
Wren is flying with Skip, her ex BF, to his sister's wedding when their plane crashes. He still loves her despite her past and the major issues she had.

This was a crazy redemption story with little depth.
Beth
Feb 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute, quick read. Not much meat as it’s so short. It feels like I came in one the middle of a story that I was supposed to know some backstory to.
pamela myers
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute book.

Wren is going home for a wedding. Skip is taking his sister's wedding cake to her. They end up on the same plane. It gets worse before it gets better.
Dec 03, 2012 rated it it was ok
I absolutely loved Bearing All, a novella by Ms. Helmer, and so I probably started this book with unrealistic expectations. Unrealistic or not, Impact was very disappointing. While the scenario wasn't improbable (crashed bush plane in Alaska) the characters' reactions to the situation were. The narrative jumps from descriptions of how many layers of clothing are needed to prevent hypothermia to the characters stripping naked and having sex. I would think that the threat of frostbite and possible ...more
Tamara
Jan 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Impact was a different kind of romance novel and I will admit I had a little problem with the plot line. I guess what I really had a problem with was the heroine. I may be a bit judgmental when it comes to certain things and the heroine in Impact,Wren is a former drug addict. I understand we all make mistakes in life and Wren certainly had a sucky enough life to feel the need for "escape" but I found her hard to sympathize with for some reason.
Skip arrested Wren 5 years ago and sent her to priso
Theresa
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Short, but very expressive! This novella is the prequel to Hooked, which just released this week! Not to many characters to meet in this short story, but I get the feeling there is a lot in both of their pasts that led them to do what they did. And now a bit about the story ...

It has been 5 years since Wren had seen Skip, her ex-boyfriend. The last time she saw him he had arrested her. After she served her time and clean-up her drug addicted act, she had become successful in Anchorage. Now
Tonileg
Everyone understands how hard it is to see your ex after a big bad break-up. The first time is probably the worse, and the most awkward because you need to redefine roles and act differently when the last time you were getting naked and making life plans together.
Alaska State Trooper Skip Ozhuwan and Ms. Wren Terni have had a monumental break-up when he arrested and sent Wren to jail. I'd say that was a guaranteed break-up material with a lot of residue anger and a heavy dose of finger pointing
Jane
Impact is the second book I have read in the Wild Men of Alaska group of stories. I have also been to the Alaska tundra several times but always in the summer when the weather is suppose to be good and twenty-four hour per day of daylight. I can picture this story easily as to location where it really has a raw natural beauty that is unlike any other.

The story has some tough love in it and sometimes that is what you have to do for the ones you love when they make bad choices in using drugs. The
Pam H
Oct 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Wren Terni is heading home to be the maid of honor in her best friends wedding in the small village of Egegik Alaska. She knows there is no way she is going to avoid seeing Skip Ozhuwan the only man she has ever loved, the man she shot, the man who sent her to jail.

Skip Ozhuwan had this all planned out, being on the same bush plane from King Salmon Alaska to Egegik with Wren. He has never stopped loving her, he just needed to give her some time to stay sober and time to get over her anger at him
Silverana
Sep 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: free-kindle, loan-to
SPOILERS**************** Despite the situation they are in with a dead body with them on the plane, they seemed to easily and readily tease each other and have attracting thoughts for one another. These thoughts and actions could have probably worked even with their disastrous situation, however, I think the way everything was worded made the characters seem dull and somewhat heartless. The actual main storyline, of a hero arresting the heroine to help her, and then coming back for her was actua ...more
Sassafrass
Jan 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebie, kindle
originally posted @ http://sassafrass.booklikes.com/post/...

This was a cute little short about love that was found again, in the least likely of places...a plane crash. I don't know if I could have forgiven the love of my life if he shot me, but Skip certainly had a more forgiving hear than I do.

IMPACT certainly was a nice little introduction to the hotness that can be found in the chill of the Alaskan Wilderness.

This was also a nice introduction to Tiffinie Helmer's writing. I look forward to
Nicole
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
I think it was entertaining enough for the amount of pages. There were some confusing things about the female lead's past that didn't really made sense to me but aside from that The story was cute enough. The characters were kind of inconsequential since you can barely make a connection with them,but I still liked Skip and thought he was cute.

Overall, fun, little read. Don't expect anything amazing.
Conny
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I got this book as a free download and I really enjoyed it. It had everything you would want in a romance novel, great characters, overcoming obstacles and some great make out scenes, and lets not forget a plane crash. The only negative thing was that I finished reading the book so fast, I guess it would qualify as a short story since I read it in a couple of hours. However great entertainment as long as it lasted.
Mikki Helmer
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When Skip and Wren are marooned in the middle of a snow storm after a terrifying plane crash all their long buried history comes spilling out into each other's arms. With bears and a snow storm, a dead pilot, and no help able to get to them until tomorrow, they might survive, if it weren't for each other, because what's more dangerous than a broken heart let alone two?

I highly recommend this book as the first novella from Tiffinie Helmer.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Lawless (Aspen, #2)
  • Eye of the Abductor
  • Bucking Hard
  • Being Nobody (Witness, #1)
  • Storm Warnings
  • Willow (Flower Child, #2)
  • Cursed Heart (Cursed, #2.5)
  • The Boy Who Knew Me When (From Boys to Men Trilogy, #1)
  • A Valentine's Surprise (Seasons of Love, #1)
  • Stranded!
  • In a Lover's Silence
  • Snowed In
  • One Night with the Playboy (Whiskey River, #5)
  • Whipped (Brought to his Knees anthology)
  • Capturing Cora (Romps and Rakehells, #1)
  • For Him (For Him, #1)
  • Amazing Grace (The American Soldier Collection, #3)
  • Teaching Melody
USA Today Bestselling Author Tiffinie Helmer is always up for a gripping adventure. Raised in Alaska, she was dragged 'Outside' by her husband, but escapes the lower forty-eight to spend her summers commercial fishing on the Bering Sea.

A mother of four, Tiffinie divides her time between enjoying her family, throwing her acclaimed pottery, and writing of flawed characters in unique and severe situa

Wild Men of Alaska (4 books)
  • Moosed Up  (Wild Men of Alaska, #2)
  • Dreamweaver (Wild Men of Alaska, #3)
  • Bearing All (Wild Men of Alaska, #4)