Start by marking “Fathoms of Forgiveness (Sacred Breath, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fathoms of Forgiveness (Sacred Breath, #2)

Fathoms of Forgiveness

(Sacred Breath #2)

There is no divorce in the undersea kingdom of Adlivun. Marriage is a bond that lasts until death—even if death comes in several centuries, and in that time your spouse happens to become your sworn enemy. This is the conflict that General Visola Ramaris faces when she learns that the mighty Vachlan is behind the attacks on her kingdom. She has sworn to protect Adlivun with ...more
Published March 15th 2012 by CreateSpace

Aditi
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews, ya, fantasy
Fathoms of Forgiveness is the second book in the Sacred Breath series by the author Nadia Scrieva. In the first book, Drowning Mermaids, we were left torn apart with a deadly war that took away the peace and charm from Aazuria's underwater kingdom. Similar to Drowning Mermaids, this book, Fathoms of Forgiveness, too doesn't fall behind in some promising, adrenaline-rushing actions and some nerve-racking, unravelling mysteries. Nadia Scrieva has already proved in her book 1 that she is one hell o ...more
Bradley Morrison
May 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite

I won this book through “Goodreads First Reads.” It’s actually the first one I received in the mail.

If you haven’t read Nadia Scrieva’s first book “Drowning Mermaids” don’t be discouraged. The characters will drag you in and make you feel like family before you know it. I wish Callder appeared more in this book though. Funny! Funny! Funny!

This book is such a good read, I’ve enjoyed it immensely! I never, for one second, thought I could be surprised at so many levels. Even now as I write this I
Matchesrulezu
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This author is not afraid to hurl us into morally questionable and gruesome details.

That's one of the things I like.

While what happened to little Corallyn made want to throw up and I desperately hoped that maybe it was a trick, everything else going on made me want to keep reading. I couldn't put the book down (well, my Kindle)and I loved that. My favorite thing was seeing more of Visola and Vachlan's relationship. While he is a questionable character, I can't help but like him. And I love that
L_manning
Aug 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Taking up where Drowning Mermaids ended, Fathoms of Forgiveness takes us back to the underwater world of Adlivun. Aazuria is getting ready to wed Trevain, while Trevain is adjusting to his new reality. Aazuria's primary general Visola has recently learned that one of the people behind the most recent attack on Adlivun was her estranged husband Vachlan. It turns out that Vachlan wants Visola, but Aazuria cannot live without her best warrior. Vachlan soon forces their hand though, and Visola does ...more
May
Apr 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Visola is such a strong and likable heroine that you can't help but love her. She's definitely not perfect but she's one of the most honourable characters in ficition! :) There are some dark and sad moments in the book but it's a great book! :)

Book one is free right now on amazon.... It's just as terrific and gives you more background on the kingdom.
Lisa
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was not disappointed by this second book of the series. I liked that the story focused more on Visola and Vachlan. And the author did a great job of keeping the momentum going, and telling more back-story at the same time. Really enjoyed this, Visola is so funny and spunky.
Blue Rose
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow

That was a heart stopping, action packed, suspense filled journey of epic proportions. I might need something light and fluffy before I take on the next story, which I definitely will read.
Nicolas
Dec 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Mrs. Scrieva continues the adventures of her characters here in the next part of the Sacred Breath saga. This time the story switches focus from Trevian and Aazuria to Visola and Vachlan. Nadia really personalizes and adds a lot of depth to her characters here as she reveals more of their history and the various motivations that drive them. This is designed so that it can be read on its own, but is of course more enjoyable when you have read the first in the series.

I cannot compliment Mrs. Scrie
Stevie Seber
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Fathoms of Forgiveness just as much this time as the first time I read it; I loved reading about Visola and Sonia, Vachlan though I still haven't warmed up to him quite as much as Visola has; I love reading the banter between Visola and Trevian, they make me laugh every time they argue.
Lissette
Jul 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For the past two hundred years, Visola Ramaris has dealt with her husband's betrayal. Convinced of her supposed infidelity, he's done everything in his power to torment her and the citizens of Adlivun. She's done her best to ignore his existence, short of keeping a deaf ear in regards to his triumphs and recent exploits. Yet she can't deny she still feels something for Vachlan Suchos.

After Aazuria's little sister goes missing, Visola realizes just how far her husband will go in order to have her
Brenda Ayala
Mar 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is that I really hope this series stays as strong as it started. If it does, it will no doubt be one of my favorite series. In the second installment, we find that Visola must confront her estranged and ruthless husband: the man who is essentially leading an army to take over all the underwater realms.

I liked the change in focus. In the first book, most of the focus is on Aazurdia and Trevain. Their love story was allowed to develop and grow. In Fathoms of Forgiveness, it's Visola'
Linda
Jan 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-mermaids
I liked Visola's story better than Trevain and Zuri's. That is a first for me. Maybe because Visola is irreverent. She made me laugh, but she was also loyal....no matter what. In the first book, even knowing Trevain was her grandson, she still was more loyal to Zuri. You have to appreciate that about someone. She loves wholeheartedly as well. Even though her husband walked away from her for 200 years, she still loved him. Him, I wanted to smack. How the heck did he believe the old king over her? ...more
Gary
Apr 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ex-Husband and Wife Dig Up Ancient Issues and Try to Kill Each Other

Yes, it’s as fun as it sounds! Maybe fun isn’t the right word to describe graphic torture and bloodshed, but it was definitely an enjoyable read. I was a bit sceptical at first because I didn’t like the idea that Visola’s love interest was this monster that we learned a little about in the previous book. But everything was revealed in a very absorbing way, including a delightful flashback to Australia in 1797.

There was a fantast
Thomas Bernal
Apr 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
What made Empire such a good sequel was the character development, peeling the emotional layers of both hero and villain. What you find under the hard edged public image of General Visola is a woman, imperfect and perplexing, with nuance and breadth of emotion. The story takes her through the gates of hell and into the nightmare scenario of anyone who wears the mantle of protector. The grit and gore, of which there is plenty, are weighed in both shock value and as catalyst for introspection. How ...more
Sam
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Where the first book introduces us to the Mermaids of Adlivun and their undersea world this book takes us beyond. This story belongs to Visola, Aazurias best friend, protector, general of her army and grandmother to Trevain and Callder. 200 years ago Visolas husband deserted her and their unborn baby on a rumor that she cheated on him and that the baby wasn't his. In the undersea there is no divorce. Vachlan has become her enemy although she still loves him. This story has Visola and Vachlan com ...more
LastBreath
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars.

*****Warning*****

This book contains a whole lot of nastiness. If you haven't a stomach for cruel and barbaric punishment this may not be for you. I mean there are some disturbing scenes in here that I thought would be covered up with a "...then I woke up!" Nah-ah-ah, not this here fairytale. Perhaps I've been reading the more gentle type of books, or maybe I was holding out for the Happy Ever After. whatever the case, you have been warned.

With the portent of doom aside, I am happy to
Melody Mol
Mar 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found love in this book, and you will too! The core of this book is the story of Visola, whom one cannot help but admire after understanding what she has gone through and how far she is willing to go in life for sake of her honor. There are so many 'heights' to this book that embody the build-up of admiration and sympathy for the characters. As one could expect in a book that is so strongly about Visola, there are so many funny parts to the book.

There are some dark parts to this story that add
Jenny
Jan 05, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the series and it was a much faster read than the first book. I am enjoying the twist on the sea mythology but this book didn't hold my attention as well as the first book. It was a bit predictable. I also have a hard time believing what came between Visola and Vachlan for 200 years was based on a simple lie/misunderstanding. I realize that those two characters are built to not have good communication skills, but I couldn't get believe that it cause a rift and death fo ...more
Mark
May 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is definitely not a typical mermaid tale, and it is a series that gets more impressive with every turn of the page. I wish there would have been more action, but it was still pretty interesting. Visola is a tough gal and it was crazy to see the things that happened. I don’t know if I liked this one more or less than the first – they are different in their own ways, but I think I liked the world building better in the first. Sometimes I thought like I needed to be reminded better of where th ...more
Constance Carter
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was excited to read more of this series and this instalment definitely did not disappoint. I love the unique world the author has created here, such great twists on mermaid mythology in exciting ways. The writing is spot-on as well, a really great, readable style. I liked how it interlinked with the first book but was also a new story introducing new characters.

Visola is just a fantastic character. She's funny as well as strong and principled, a well rounded female character that doesn't have
Monica
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is the reason that I love Vizo so much! She is such a determined individual. This is my favorite book so far!!! I have read all the way through tides of tranquility, which I do believe is my second favorite. I had a very hard time putting this one down, in fact I have read this book twice. If you have read drowning mermaids, you absolutely have to read fathoms of forgiveness. This one is definitely action packed and worth the money!!!!
Lorena
Nov 05, 2012 rated it did not like it
After reading the first book, I want to add this book to my do not bother files.

I am afraid that the curiosity I feel about knowing what happens with Trevain is not enough to put up with the arduous labor of reading this second book of the Sacred Breath Series.

However, since I am afraid I won't remember in the future I am adding it, first time ever I do so, to my do not bother files without having opened the book.
Taylor
Jul 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
This series just gets better & better. What happened to Aazuria!? AHHH. I love that in this book we learn more about Visola & Vachlan's past relationship. Visola is definitely my favorite character in the series. Even though, all of the characters are great in their own ways. I just love how tough & spirited Visola is.
Deborah
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This being the second book in the series I really liked the further development of Visola Ramaris the good friend of Aazuria. This lady is one hellion !!Visola and her twin Sionna seem polar opposites but wait.....that is for another book Aauzuria's kidnapping at the end of this book really gets one to wondering
Ashley
Mar 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I quite liked this book, it was a quick read. It flows continuously from the first book. I feel like the story line was well continued, but I also felt that it was a bit anticlimactic in parts. I do look forward to continuing the series.
Melissa
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
definitely not as good as the first book. left me with enough of a cliff hanger to want to read the next. that is all.
Emily Lecates
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Omg. These books just blow me away!
Marti
Jul 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I did not like this book as much as the first one because it seemed to forgive and even excuse wife abuse. I know this is a fantasy but I did not like that aspect of this book.
Carmen Morris
Apr 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have really enjoyed this series! I am happy I downloaded the first book in the series which was free on Amazon.
Ashley
May 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
Better.
Bookworm Bitches : Fathoms of Forgiveness Free on Amazon Today and Tomorrow! 1 15 May 19, 2012 02:28PM
  • When Earthlings Weep
  • Roots (The Witchbound Series, #1)
  • The Flight of the Griffin (The Flight of the Griffin, #1)
  • The Night Beat (Necropolis Enforcement Files #1)
  • Gone at Zero Hundred 00:00 (McSwain & Beck #1)
  • A Wicked Awakening (Wicked, #1)
  • Butterfly Potion
  • Roma Arroyo (Will Austin Adventure Series, #1)
  • Dark Side of Valor
  • The Phantom Queen Awakes
  • Blue Violet (Svatura, #1)
  • Ocean of Love
  • On Guard for Thee (War and Strife in 1812)
  • Nightshifters (Dangerous Lovers Collection)
  • Rematch (Vortex, #1)
  • When, At Last, He Found Me (Memoir of a Mermaid, #1)
  • Darkness Rising (Legends of Marithia, #2)
  • Discovery in New York (DraculaVille, #1)
Nadia Scrieva lives in Toronto, Canada with no husband, no kids, and no pets. She does own a very attractive houseplant which she occasionally remembers to water between her all-consuming writing marathons.

Sacred Breath (7 books)
  • Drowning Mermaids (Sacred Breath, #1)
  • Boundless Sea (Sacred Breath, #3)
  • Abyssal Zone (Sacred Breath, #4)
  • Tides of Tranquility (Sacred Breath, #5)
  • Maelstrom (Sacred Breath, #6)
  • Poisoned Waters (Sacred Breath, #7)
“Each meeting occurs at the precise moment for which it was meant. Usually, when it will have the greatest impact on our lives.” 56 likes
“I can never gain something without losing everything I had before.” 9 likes