Start by marking “Taste of Fire” as Want to Read:
Taste of Fire

Taste of Fire

Incessantly teased by childhood peers over an uncharacteristic scar from a fiery car crash, spirited Terri Neal finds comfort in her father's explanation: "The flames licked your arm, but when it tasted you, it knew you were special, and the fire was afraid." Her father's shadowy death in a mysterious building fire prompts Terri to develop into a dedicated, top-notch firef ...more
Published April 2012 by Desert Coyote Productions

To ask other readers questions about Taste of Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taste of Fire

J.P. Lane
May 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to
Looking forward to reading this new one by Jeannie Faulkner Barber.
Kimmie
May 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
First I would like to commend Jeannie Faulkner Barber on dedication and gratitude to firefighters, police officers and workers everywhere. Her presence and Taste of Fire has helped bring attention to the people who risk their lives every single day. That being said, Jeannie has poured her heart into bringing Terry Neal to life, with great success. Taste of Fire is filled with excitement, mystery, and romance. I truly enjoyed the depths of the relationships and want to thank Jeannie for such a gr ...more
Bernadette Martin
Apr 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a great novel and a worthy collection to anyone's bookshelf. I found the story well written, exciting, and entertaining. The characters are so comfortable and easty to relate to. Jeannie has written a potential classic. If anyone is hesitant of this read, do not be. It will 'light your fire.'
Great job Jeannie.
Fran Riedemann
Sep 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Melissa
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book..Didn't want to put it down
William Hare
"Taste of Fire" is a story about a young woman's search for identity. Within that search mysteries exist that need to be resolved before TerriO'Neal can reach the pinnacle of resolution.

Jeannie Faulkner Barber's well-crafted novel is set in a small Alabama town in which TerriO'Neal seeks identity after s fiery childhood car crash that has left her scarred and a mysterious fire in a building that has claimed the life of her father. The fire and her resulting scar are explained by Terri's father w
Phyllis A. Still
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Past and present ignite into a volatile confrontation that threatens to rob Firefighter, Terri Neal, of love and life. But Terri has been burned before. She braves the flames to save lives, it's a passion instilled into her soul. Taste of Fire, by Jeannie Faulkner Barber, combines realistic fire and rescue with romance and drama to draw readers into the mysteries of Terri's past: why her mother abandoned her and why her father died. I think Dr. Tucker Abraham's behavior is unprofessional when he ...more
Faye
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The swift and taunting way this book is written keep me turning the pages. The characters are so identifiable and real. It's as though they live next door. It kept my attention and I couldn't put it down. Ms. Barber has a unique way of drawing you into the story as if you're part of the family. Swept up in the emotions of this mystery, I didn't want it to end. I can't wait for her next book to come out!
Place
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I actually know this author and find everything she does tastefully written with an ease, but ingenious twists when I least expect it. Taste of Fire is also dedicated to the people in around the world that keep us safe. I read on the cover that it's dedicated to firefighters, rescue workers, and police which personally makes me proud to know Ms. Barber. She is a genuine person and so is her writing. My suggestion is that everyone buy and read her books.
Monte Barber
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Everyone knows if you get your hands on a good mystery, you can't put it down. Well, that is exactly what Taste of Fire is and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The way it's crafted makes me wonder what will happen in the next book. If you haven't read Taste of Fire, you've missed out on a great opportunity. I love the way it ends. It was a surprise.
Andy Plonka
Dec 10, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: src
Had this book not fulfilled a requirement for a book challenge task, I would not have finished it. Uninspired characters, plot that got lost on its way to completion, and a lack of editing out unnecessary information really left little to like about it.
Leroy
Debbie Maxwell
Jun 20, 2012
Cassaundra Aunna
Jun 07, 2012 rated it liked it
I won this book on Goodreads First Reads.
Bernadette Thompson Martin
  • An Angel Box
  • Zagreb Cowboy
  • In the Matter of Michael Vogel
  • To Have and To Kill
  • Blanche Cleans Up: A Blanche White Mystery #3 (Blanche White series)
  • Rebound
  • The Best American Mystery Stories 2015
  • Doing Max Vinyl (Annie Ogden, #1)
  • Into the Killer Sphere (Chase Williams detective stories #1)
  • Tales of Jack the Ripper
  • Destiny Never Sleeps: Quest of the Two Queens (Destiny Never Sleeps #1)
  • The King of Shanghai (Ava Lee, #7)
  • Du
  • The Pyramid Legacy
  • The Hidden (The Hidden #1)
  • From the Ashes (Ravenwood Mysteries #1)
  • Blood of the Wicked (Chief Inspector Mario Silva #1)
  • The Secret by the Lake
Jeannie Faulkner Barber was born and raised in Marshall, Texas . Writing has been one of two passions in her life, the other being drag racing: she drives her own race car. She met her husband Monte at the track. She is an active member & officer of the East Texas Writers Association She lives in Kilgore , Texas with Monte. They have three sons and nine grandchildren.