Start by marking “Tempted (Dark Protectors, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Tempted (Dark Protectors, #2.5)

Tempted (Dark Protectors #2.5)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  4,330 Ratings  ·  225 Reviews

On the run from a mental institution and her vindictive half-brother, it's safe to say that Sarah Pringle's happy life as a schoolteacher is on hold. Too bad that as far as self-defense goes, "run and hide" is the best she's got. And with the monsters that started her escape hot on her heels, that's not going to cut it for long...

That is, unless
Published March 27th 2012 by Kensington Publishing Corporation

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
First read Dec 15 2014
Reread Nov 23 2016
Rereread 2/12/2018

What a great lil novella. I loved getting to see more of Max. I loved him from the first two books and Sarah was great. This story had so much meat to it. It didn't feel rushed or like something is missing like most Novella I read. I think it could have been a full novel though, but it was great getting to see max fall in love and get his HEA.
Sophia Triad
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires, experiments
Max & Sarah

Max Petrovsky is a huge, strong, scary vampire, the right hand of Kayrs bothers and a nanny. Particularly, he is little Janie’s babysitter.
Little Janie wanted him to look after her as soon as she discovered that his eyes are pink.
The King needed to be absolutely sure:

Dage: “You’ve spent two hundred years protecting the Realm, fighting for our people, ensuring my safety.”
Max: “So?”
Dage: “If you had to make a choice, if it came down to it, if it came down to the death of your king
Claire Robinson
4 - "Sorry, vamp. Not going to happen." Stars!

Rebecca Zanetti, managed to pack an awful lot of story into this novella. I wish it had been longer and that is the only reason I dropped it down a star. I think Max and Sarah had enough going for them to get a full length book.

We have seen glimpses of Max throughout the previous books as he is Janie’s main guard. I have had a soft spot for him since the beginning; I mean who wouldn’t go all squishy for a guy who is happy to let a little girl paint h
JoLee (Wickedly Delicious Book Blog)
I was excited that Max got his own book. Wish it was full length, but I will take what ever I can get with these sexy heroes, Rebecca has created. I have been curious about Max since the beginning of this series when he started being Janie’s bodyguard.

Loved how we got to see his past and how he became Janie’s bodyguard. He is so sweet to Janie in Fated #1 and Claimed #2, but it was a treat to see him with her for the very first meeting in the beginning of Tempted. It is amazing how this huge va
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Loved it!

This is what I was hoping for from this series!

It focused on the couple, but did not ignore the overall storyline. They were both likable (although I already loved Max from book 1), hot for each other, the story moved fast (it was a novella)and had a happy ending! Yippee!

Renégade ♥
4 stars

"Don't panic here, darlin'. But we're about to snuggle."

Okay, I'm just a wee bit excited over here...

Image result for fist pump gif

Because I liked this one and had fun with it.

He waited as she settled her stance. Then went for a knee shot.
It was the worst side kick he'd ever seen. Her worn tennis shoe bounced off his knee, causing no more hurt than a breeze. She stumbled and he reached out to steady her. His hand easily wrapped around her bicep. "Where the hell did you learn to fight?"
"The internet," she gasped, try
Feb 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tempted is such a wonderful novella. Max is such a sweetheart for an enormous, deadly male. I wasn’t sure I’d like Max in his own story, he seemed sort of bland as little Janie’s bodyguard. But when the king offered Max the job of guarding the four year old and after talking with her, when Dage asked Max if it came down to saving the king’s life or Janie’s, Max responded…”she lives.” I fell so hard for him from that moment. Sarah is perfect for him and the type of heroine I adore…a smart, intell ...more
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great addition to the series. Love Max. Happy reading!
T.J. Shaw
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampire
It’s been a long time since I sat down and read a book in one sitting…a long time. And I fell into TEMPTED by accident. I’d signed up for a giveaway of Ms. Zanetti’s latest release, SHADOWED over at Tome Tender Book Blog (, although I didn’t win, the book sounded interesting. Then while scanning through my Kindle looking for the next read, I saw that I had TEMPTED. What a great discovery TEMPTED and Ms. Zanetti turned out to be. TEMPTED is a wonderful take on the ...more
Shari Kay
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-uf
Sarah and Max.

This is a short novella and it truly suffers from the lack of length. Sarah's acceptance of all things otherworldly was way too easy. Her capitulation to mate with Max was so instalove I got whiplash.

I liked Max. I'm glad he found his HEA. But there just wasn't enough meat in this one to connect.
I'm telling you... this series is getting even better! This was only a novella but I loved it!!

Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Loved this, Max intrigued me in the previous two books with how he was putty in Janie's hands so I really wanted his story. For a novella this was brilliant, paced just right with just enough information not to leave the reader wanting. Both characters were perfect for each other with no unnecessary drama and the best bit - I got more than a peek or two of Conn and Jase.
May 06, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I don't think I've ever read of a more brainless, spineless heroine than Sarah. I mean seriously, at least have some self-respect and sense of self-preservation. And Max was not one of my favourite heroes, eather.

Some might find this a great story, I just wasn't one of them...
3.5 Stars

Pretty good for a novella - a little book with a lot of story containing plenty of action.
Julia's Book Haven
Max <3 Wish his story would have been longer and had more Janie scenes, but still, Max! <3
Great novella that includes a hulking giant of a vampire, my current favorite, Max. I fell in love with Max during and particularly at the end of the prologue. Swoony goodness right there ladies. If you don’t read anything else in this short book, you absolutely must read the prologue.

I like novellas but have a hard time finding one that gives me plenty of meat along with plenty of steam, a great alpha and a heroine I don’t want to throw through the window. This one met all my novella wishes an
Ivana Azap Feješ
Tempted by Rebecca Zanetti is the book #2.5 in the Dark Protectors series. This one is about Max, Janey's bodyguard. Bodyguard and warrior, Max always gets his man. In this case he’s not after a man though, he’s after a scared woman on the run. Sarah knows what she saw and what she saw was a vampire attack. Labeled as crazy and shut away she escapes only to run into the one thing everyone tells her isn’t real…..a vampire. Russian by birth, he is completely sure that his heart does not exist. Tha ...more
4 short but still action-packed, sexy and badass stars

This is a solid novella that is romantic and exciting with lots of paranormal action, and Max and Sarah’s story fits nicely into the Dark Protector world.

Max’s role in the series so far has primarily been that of Janie’s guard. A big, dangerous vampire who is fiercely protective of his charge and who is happy to play go fish and have his nails painted by a 4 year old. What’s not to love?

Sarah has recently escaped from a mental institution an
Laura the Highland Hussy
Read my review at Demon Lover's

This is a good novella and easy to slip into the world. For some reason I thought this was aliens, but I guess not? It's vampires and Kurjans. But I'm not sure if they're otherworldly or what.

Sarah has escaped the psych hospital where her half-brother had her committed, and she's on the run. She had a run-in with the Kurjans, but thinks they are vampires...monsters. Her half-brother Andrew wants her controlling shares in their grandfather's pharmaceuticals comp
Apr 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tempted by Rebecca Zanetti
Book 2.5 in the Dark Protectors Series
Humans with enhanced abilities such as Sarah Pringle has, are potential mates for the vampires. So the Kurjan's are trying to destroy their mates and possible mates with a virus. Max is one of the good guys. And he finds himself suddenly in charge of a small human girl, Janie, who makes his cold heart warm. Not warm enough to have a mate to protect as well...or maybe that choice is not his once he meets Sarah Pringle.

Sarah escaped t
Listened to on audio. Karen White, the reader, was awful! Really think I would have enjoyed this better in print. Any time the action or smexy stuff starts she winds up her voice like everyone is constantly at death's door. It was wearisome and VERY distracting.

Sarah, the kindergarten teacher who owns the majority shares in a pharmaceutical company and Max, the big grumpy vampire with a heart of gold.
I love the scene when they first meet and she tries to defend herself thinking he's the bad gu
3.5 stars = pretty good. I am new to Zanetti's Dark Protector series and there is only basic jist of Zanetti's world woven in to Tempted to bring new readers up to speed - from what I could glean there are good fanged blood drinking immortal warriors and another race of bad fanged guys but I am not exactly sure of what sets them apart and why they are enemies. Still that was enough, I guess, that I still enjoyed this connected short. Mostly I think, because I am incredibly hero-centric and I lik ...more
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Definitely another fun little book. I enjoyed this one a bit better than the first book. Sarah is ready to kick butt and she doesn't care who is coming after her. She's a spunky school teacher who can see... vampires. I liked Sarah better than Cara. Sarah had a raw deal with her crazy step-brother but at least she now has protectors.

The story moved at a fast pace and I like this world Ms. Zanetti built. It is fun, sexy and the men are hot. The men are alpha males but they aren't asshole dominant
Mindy Lou's Book Reviews
Max & Sarah's story:

Fun, fast paced PNR series. Great storyline, characters and suspense. Instalove, mates for life, possessive Alphas and grotesque evil foes. There are Vampires, Shifters, witches, Demons and more. This is a continued storyline focusing on a different couple per book.

I loved this novella on Max and Sarah. Just the idea of a hulking vampire that watches over 4 year old Janie made him loveable to me in the very short appearances in books 1 & 2. We do not get to see him wi
May 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened, 2016
An enjoyable installment. This one is about Max, Janey's bodyguard. Despite his appearance, Max is such a big teddy bear. Sarah seems to accept things very easily but then, this is a novella so it's understandable.
Megan Fall
This book needs more stars. Loved reading Max's story. Can't wait to read the next one.
Liz Lovesrainbows
Excellent! Read it out of order but it just makes me want to read the rest of the series!! Loved it!!
Ashley Wallace
Sigh... This was just too short for my liking but that's only because I love these characters!
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: readers of Dark Protectors series
  • Lucas (Vampires In America, #6)
  • Callum (The Cursed Clan, #1)
  • Falling for You (Trueblood, #2)
  • Vampire Dreams Revamped (Sons of Navarus, #0.5)
  • Phantom Shadows (Immortal Guardians, #3)
  • Jared (The Protectors, #2)
  • Inferno (Lords of the Were Universe, #4; Tales of the Were, #2)
  • Damek's Redemption (Legacy, #6)
  • Chained by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #2)
  • Darkest Hunger (Desires of the Otherworld, #2)
  • Seduced by the Vampire King (Vampire Warrior Kings, #2)
  • His Choice (Dante's Circle, #3.5)
  • Seeking Pack Redemption (Pack, #3)
  • Eternal Beauty (Mark of the Vampire #4.5)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Rebecca Zanetti has worked as an art curator, Senate aide, lawyer, college professor, and a hearing examiner - only to culminate it all in stories about Alpha males and the women who claim them. She writes dark paranormals, romantic suspense, and sexy contemporary romances.
More about Rebecca Zanetti...

Dark Protectors (8 books)
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
  • Claimed (Dark Protectors, #2)
  • Hunted (Dark Protectors, #3)
  • Consumed (Dark Protectors, #4)
  • Provoked (Dark Protectors, #5)
  • Shadowed (Dark Protectors, #6)
  • Marked (Dark Protectors, #7)
  • Vampire's Faith (Dark Protectors, #8)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Sing: A Novel of Colorado (The Homeward Trilogy #2)
    $14.99 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
    $4.99 $2
  • Buried (Bone Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Mess (Broken #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • One More Night (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)