Start by marking “Only Love Is Real: A Story of Soulmates Reunited” as Want to Read:
Only Love Is Real: A Story of Soulmates Reunited

Only Love Is Real: A Story of Soulmates Reunited

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  6,550 Ratings  ·  414 Reviews
HAVE YOU LOVED -- AND LOST -- SOMEONE ACROSS TIME?

In Brian Weiss's bestseller Many Lives, Many Masters, nearly one and a half million readers met Catherine. In a hypnotic trance, Dr. Weiss's young patient summoned memories of many past lifetimes, demonstrated an astonishing ability to transmit transcendental messages, and turned the life of a respectable psychiatrist upsid
Published March 1st 1997 by Grand Central Publishing (first published 1996)

Saurabh Sharma
Dec 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All
There are books that tell a story. We read them, enjoy them and put them away, forgotten, in some shelf of the mind. But, once in a lifetime there comes a book that refuses to be forgotten, that stirs our mind and changes our thoughts forever. Only Love is Real by Dr. Brian Weiss is one of those.

Only Love is Real, is a story of soulmates reuniting with each other across lifetimes, yes you read it right, not across years, but lifetimes. It is based on real life accounts, recorded by Dr. Weiss as
Versha
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘Only love is real’ is not merely a love story but a story of ‘LOVE’ itself which is the essence of life that never dies. The story reveals an enchanting journey or a miracle which takes place in Elizabeth and Pedro’s present life which also connects them with their past, told from the point of view of Brian L. Weiss. The concept of “soul mate” which he explains is not just about lovers it something more.. beyond that, something eternal. The experience that he shares with so many patients proves ...more
Jessi
Jan 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Anyone who is curious about exploring "life after death" and reincarnation ought to start with Dr. Weiss's books. Famous for his work in regression therapy, the ivy league educated highly respected doctor started out skeptical and doubtful of the veracity of past life regression, but as his work with patients began to produce unquestionable results his beliefs have changed and his books are devoted to explaining this process and the amazing clinical results achieved as his patients are able to o ...more
Jen
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
After having a dream about this first book by this author and reading it, this come came across my path too. Enjoyed this one as well.

At one time a few months after I moved overseas (new place, new language, new people), I experience a bout of serious isolation and aloneness.. I didn't get out of bed except to go to work and cried, a lot. Then about two weeks of that I was in bed and and felt my room glow and get warm. All I felt was this loving, warm presence and then I had this knowing (don't
Actual rating 3.5 stars. This was an interesting book, and the only reason it's not rated higher is that I found the writing style occasionally cramped the story itself.

The parallels between this and what Theresa Caputo the Long Island Medium has to say about souls in her book are really interesting; I just read her book recently and had never really read much about the subject before. I was surprised, although I'm not sure why, by the immediate similarities I noticed.

This book, as the title s
Louise
May 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This was a phenomenal book! I'm sure I'm not alone in wondering what happens after we die. Is there another life in some other place, are we reincarnated, or is everything we've each believed in and been taught a big hoax and there is nothing after this life?

Dr. Weiss's book takes you through the 'true story' of his hypno-therapy sessions with a 35-year-old women named Catherine. Catherine was having a lot of difficulties in her life, was unhappy and had many fears and phobias.

During her many mo
Rose Guieb
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, it picks up on the same information Brian Weiss wrote about in his other book Many lives, Many masters which I also enjoyed. I will be reading that book again and commenting on it as soon as I am finished I enjoy reading about past lives and I especially enjoy reading about past life regression therapy. I do believe that we plan our life before birth and our plans include things that will help our soul learn as much as it can in this lifetime while helping the other s ...more
Erin
May 30, 2013 rated it liked it
I read this book after Many Lives, Many Masters. I was interested to learn more about how people travel through lifetimes together and the meaning of soulmates. Like Many Lives, Many Masters I enjoyed this book. It has made me think about my life and relationships differently. It is comforting to think that you might see your love ones again in future lifetimes and it also helps to explain why you sometimes feel a very strong pull or instant connection with certain people.
Somi mhd
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
روح انسان آب را می ماند، از آسمان فرود می آید و به آسمان بر می بالد و آن گاه دوباره به زمین باز می گردد، یک تناوب ابدی
گوته
و عشق غصه را التیام می دهد...
اگر به عشق اجازه دهید آزادانه جاری شود، بر هر مانعی غالب خواهد شد.
(از متن کتاب)
یکی از بهترین کتاب هایی که تا حالا خوندم، عنوان کتاب گویای همه چیز هست، تنها عشق حقیقت دارد، داستانی از همزادان باز پیوسته جفت های معنوی....
Ebony
Aug 15, 2009 rated it it was ok
I wish I hadn’t read this one. It’s just not as powerful as Many Lives, Many Masters. The first book read like a journey from disbelief to belief. I liked learning to believe with Weiss. Only Love is Real is two or three books later and it feels artificially crafted, like he’s trying to fill pages, force a captivating story, sell me on the idea of soulmates. He keeps inserting his personal life and platitudes, and frankly, I wasn’t interested. I wanted to know about Pedro and Elizabeth’s love st ...more
Anne
May 28, 2009 rated it liked it
An excerpt that gets at the main message of this book, which is, as the title states, all about Love. It is one more reassurance that through Love we are able to forgive and heal.

'God is one,' she began. She struggled for words. 'It is all one vibration, one energy. The only difference is the rate of vibration. So God and people and rocks have the same relationship as steam and water and ice. Everything, all that is, is made up of the one. Love breaks down the barriers and creates unity. That wh
Swati Pande Pande
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Only Love is real is technically the first book that I have understood in it's full earnest of what "Brian Weiss" is all about! Though a decade plus ago my friend Asha Bhandarker had given me his Many lives Many Masters to read, I could fully get in tune with Brian's philosophy only after "only love is real.."

This is an amazing journey of soulmates that traverses various births...hundreds, thousands of them! Somewhere it coincides with Hindu Philosophy of re-incarnations and meeting your soulma
Ria Majumdar
Dec 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant book that has cemented my own beliefs about souls and reincarnation, Only Love is Real isn't just the story of soulmates and love being the only thing that truly matters in the end. The book is a clarion call for everyone living in fear. It teaches you that the soul is immortal and cannot be harmed so you shouldn't be afraid to live, to make decisions that ring true to your heart and intuition and pursue risks because ultimately the soul can never truly be hurt.

If you wish to learn
Yalinda Carames
Una historia maravillosa donde Brian Weiss nos deja nuevamente en claro que nuestra alma es como el agua, viene del cielo, se eleva hacia el cielo y vuelve despues a la tierra, como un eterno ciclo.

Nada sucede por casualidad, creo en la reencarnacion, en el destino, en la energia, en la ley de la atraccion y tambien creo que a medida que vamos viviendo vamos descubriendo los lazos que nos unen a otras personas mas alla del tiempo.

Estoy segura que ya he estado aqui mil veces antes y espero regres
Crisadmaiora
Aug 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
As always Brian Weiss' books aren't a mere report of his experiences with his patients but a soothing journey into our ancient fears and the power of our minds. In this book he tells us that each of us is connected to a special soul that we meet again and again in our different lives. Kindred spirits do exist and return in the shape of a love mate or a relative or a best friend, to be forever connected to you through time and space.
Vani
Jan 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
There are times when you want to be reminded of certain things, some intricate lessons in simple language and an uncomplicated tone. Exactly when I was going through one of those times, did I get to read this book. An account of two of his patients and their regression therapy, Dr. Brian Weiss has compiled his experience. The book wins at motivating us to believe in a life after death and the cycle of reincarnation. Reading this book is an amazing ordeal in itself!
Shilpa
A story of soulmates reunited. Pedro and Elizabeth were both in therapy with Dr. Weiss because of deaths in their families. To help them through their grief, Dr. Weiss regressed them to previous lives and was stunned as they each described the same past lifetime.He chose not to interfere and let fate take its own time and finally sees them reunited through will of their destiny.
Ilva Bekmane
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Similar book to Journey Of Souls.. But a lot easier to read! Heartwarming :)
Priyanka
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
One of those books that need not be analysed; only read, felt and absorbed.
Anya
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: based-on-truth
A thought-provoking story.... one that can bring you comfort if you choose to believe in it.
Shubha Gupta
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reinstating, what I have always believed in. Destiny, karma and past lives. Another wonderful piece by Dr. Weiss, who introduced this wonderful realm of synchronicity and serendipities several years ago for me and opened a door to magic and mystery.
Helen
I LOVED this book, though definitely needs to be read after Many Lives, Many Masters. It is by the same author and is quite inspiring. Unlike his first book, which is fairly general about many aspects of life, this book approaches past lives from the idea of love, soul mates, and romantic relationships specifically. For me, it helped solidify the concept that we all have a path, even if we can't see it in front of us, and that everything truly does happen for a reason.
Dina Octivina
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Some books you read.
Some books you enjoy.
But some books just swallow you up heart n soul.
(Yeah, this one definitely is).

It's a wrap, finally! #whoootsaaahhh 😁

While the 1st book gave me so much energies, this one hit me with so many sharp feelings, literally.
My heart beats wildly, goosebumps, i had some stolen breath, I feel pains (until now honestly), few times tears welled up, trembling out of my will, that I decided to take a rest for a while in the middle. #grin #sigh.

I knew I will have an em
Emeraldia Ayakashi
Sep 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
" There are books that tell a story. "
Brian Weiss, the famous hypnotherapist who has written several books on the subject, writes about this in Only Love is Real, a book about hypnosis and soul mates finding each other again.

Your soulmate travel across oceans of time and the depths of heavenly dimensions to be with you again.
She comes from the other side, from heaven. They look different, but your heart knows her.
Your heart has held her in arms like yours in the moon-filled deserts of Egypt a
Adriana
Sep 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Interesante toda la cuestión de la reencarnación y el encuentro con las almas gemelas y las almas compañeras. Me gustó: La reencarnación es un puente hacia un mayor conocimiento, la sabiduría y la comprensión. N os recuerda lo que debemos tomar y lo que debemos desechar; por qué estamos aquí y qué instrumentos necesitamos para seguir adelante; la increíble orientación y ayuda que recibimos a lo largo del camino, y que nuestros seres queridos vuelven a nosotros para compartir nuestros logros y al ...more
Amisha
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Its time we celebrate Re-birthdays for "It is not nore surprising to be born twice tban once, everything in nature is resurrection". Kudos to the author for the enigmatic theme of soulmates reunited because the ever changing world today needs a reminder of who it actually is and where we inherently belong.
Having completed the book its is obvious and soul comforting that we never lose our loved ones. And when you will encounter your soulmate, it will be an intuitive knowing, a feeling of familia
Anmol Rawat
Only Love is Real Full Book Review

The book talks about past life regression (something I can never believe in fully). It suffices for a quick read and has many beautiful messages regarding love and life. If you're reading for that purpose, this book is actually good (not great). However, if you started reading it to find about the story of soulmates reunited, there is not much of a story. Anyhow, a nice read and you will definitely learn a couple of things by the time you finish it.
Omaira
Sep 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Un libro en el que un psiquiatra te narra algunas experiencias de pacientes que se han sometido a sesiones de regresiones a vidas pasadas y te cuenta como esto les ha ayudado en su vida actual. Salvo en las últimas páginas, es una lectura bastante ágil y que te produce muchas reflexiones, además de dejarte pensando en la posibilidad de que exista algo más allá de esta vida y que la muerte no sea el final"

Reseña completa: http://entrelalecturayelcine.blogspot...
Nilu
Jan 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'm overwhelmed and mystified after reading this. Although skeptical about lot of things related in the book, the romantic in me enjoyed the read. Some of the ideas were gooseflesh inducing. There were several instances that contradicted the theory or reasoning of 're-incarnation' and 'God'. There are simple truths to be learned or be reminded of. therefore I will recommend the book for anyone interested.
Sherry Lynne
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Have you felt very strong emotions for someone whom you just met? Emotions that cannot be explained? Emotions that go against logic and reasons? Perhaps, Brian Weiss can enlighten you.

This book (along with Weiss' other books) will make you look at the people in your life in different perspective. It will make you wonder how long have you and your loved ones been travelling through time together.
  • Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives
  • Life After Life: The Investigation of a Phenomenon - Survival of Bodily Death
  • Talking to Heaven: A Medium's Message of Life After Death
  • Past Lives, Future Healing
  • The Divine Spark: A Graham Hancock Reader
  • Saved by the Light: The True Story of a Man Who Died Twice and the Profound Revelations He Received
  • Many Mansions: The Edgar Cayce Story on Reincarnation (Signet)
  • Ultimate Journey
  • Shakkai: Women of the Sacred Garden
  • Messages from Your Angels
  • Enchanted Love: The Mystical Power Of Intimate Relationships
  • Linda Goodman's Star Signs
  • Your Soul's Plan: Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born
  • The Heart of the Soul: Emotional Awareness
  • Edgar Cayce: The Sleeping Prophet
72099
As a traditional psychotherapist, Dr. Brian Weiss was astonished and skeptical when one of his patients began recalling past-life traumas that seemed to hold the key to her recurring nightmares and anxiety attacks. His skepticism was eroded, however, when she began to channel messages from "the space between lives," which contained remarkable revelations about Dr. Weiss's family and his dead son. ...more
More about Brian L. Weiss...
“If you rely exclusively on the advice of others, you may make terrible mistakes. Your heart knows what you need. Other people have other agendas.” 171 likes
“«Todo es amor... todo es amor. Con el amor llega la comprensión. Con la comprensión llega la paciencia. Y entonces el tiempo se detiene. Y todo es ahora.»” 2 likes