Start by marking “All The Difference” as Want to Read:
All The Difference

All The Difference

Once again, everything isn't what it seems in the wonderful suburb of Grandville. ALL THE DIFFERENCE is the story of three women whose lives become entangled by the choices they make and how, ultimately, one of them turns to murder to achieve her goals.

Roommates Laura and Angie couldn't be more different. Laura is a local celebrity, the television anchor who is motivated
Published March 29th 2012 by Real You Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about All The Difference, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All The Difference

Samantha March
Apr 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved Here, Home, Hope, the debut novel from Kaira Rouda. She embodied what I hope to do with my writing – inspire other woman. When Kaira asked me to host her at CLP Blog Tours for her second novel, I was blown away. Of course I was ecstatic, and I’m happy to report I highly enjoyed All the Difference. I thought this book was very different from her first, but to me it just showed the talent that Rouda possesses. The story is set in Grandville, and follows multiple characters in th ...more
Suzanne
Jun 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading "Here, Home, Hope," I couldn't wait to read Rouda's next book, All The Difference. It was a stunning novel that immediately drew me into the story, with the tragic pasts of all three main characters gradually revealed as the events of the book unfolded. It really is amazing what a difference one's childhood can have on the choices that we make as adults. Due to their various circumstances, the three main characters, Ellen, Laura and Angie were left with no moral compass. One abused ...more
Nancy French
SPOILERS AHEAD! I'm surprised at the ratings this book has. Thank goodness it was a free Kindle download and I didn't pay any money for it.
It was so poorly written and the big twist at the end is not really a twist since the killer starts suddenly acting manipulatively. It didn't make sense for her to make a turn around like that when her sections were written from her point of view. Ah well, another notch on my 2017 challenge.
Jamie Rose
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
All the Difference

Struggled to get into this, took me a while to finish because I just kept getting bored. The characters were incredibly shallow and unlikable. I found a few things about the investigation of deaths lazily implausible. Not for me l, but as usual, I must have missed something or other readers have different ideas of a good story because it's rated highly by others so...
Kathleen
Apr 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three different women, three different choices in lifestyles, one murderer ... the men of Grandville aren't safe from one of these women.

Kaira Rouda takes the readers for a suspenseful thrill ride with her second novel, All The Difference. The story is about three very different types of women: the mother figure, the power figure and the hooker. The author weaves a story that reads like a modern day Peyton Place. The intriguing storyline is filled with enough suspense that keeps the reader capti
Nicola
Apr 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I first became interested in All The Difference because of the cover. I really love it! I love the colours it uses and I like the relaxed and fresh vibe it gives off. I knew instantly that I had to take a closer look at this book. The description sounded intriguing and mysterious and I was excited to dive into this one. I'm quite glad I decided to give it a go as I really did like it. It was extremely interesting and captivating!

All The Difference is a bit different to what I've been reading lat
Alisha
Apr 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Even with all the characters in the beginning causing me a lot of confusion, I found this story to be A+ reading. The depth of the characters, the realities of their pasts and struggles were all written incredibly well. Laura as the type A personality without much care for anyone else, had a perfect history to show how she became as self-centered as she was. Angie, the waitress, was ridiculously silly, young, and naive. She'll never really be much of anybody, but she's the kind of character you ...more
Stephanie Youssef
Aug 21, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Too many books, too little time to bother finishing this one. It honestly feels like reading a spellchecked first draft--it's nowhere near "book ready".

I've made it about a third through, and I cannot stomach anymore of this poorly written Desperate Housewives-y fan fiction.

The only reason I downloaded this book is because it was free, and the blurb that accompanied it sounded somewhat interesting. It, however, stopped there.

The characters are two dimensional, no character development, and I can
Kelly
Jul 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
No idea why so many people like this. Not a single character is likable in the least. Dialogue and random relationships between people are odd. Nothing is the least bit realistic. Some say it's a murder mystery but that's really only the last third of the book, and it's pretty obvious. Can't count how many times I rolled my eyes. Almost gave up on it several times. All of a sudden it just ends - but I can't say I wasn't grateful.
Christine
Apr 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book tells the story of three women whose choices and actions affect each others lives. It is more complicated than it sounds though. Two of them sleep with the other woman's husband, and then one day he is killed. It initially appears to be an accident, but it seems some people have their doubts about that.

This was a very entertaining book and I was able to read it very quickly. I was anxious to find out what was going on, and I liked how the writing kept me engaged in the story. There was
Wal.li
Dec 07, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Verdacht

Sie sind starke Frauen. Janet, die ihren Mann verlässt, nachdem er sie betrogen hat. Ellen, die sich wieder einen Job sucht, nachdem sie erfahren hat, dass sie keine Kinder bekommen kann. Francis, die nach ihrer Scheidung durchstartet. Laura, erfolgreich im Nachrichten TV. Maddie, erfolgreich als Kolumnistin. Sie sind auch sehr unterschiedliche Frauen, die einen sehen mehr den beruflichen Erfolg, während andere sich eine Familie wünschen. Und dann ist da noch Lauras Wohnungspartnerin und
Veronica Marie Lewis-Shaw
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Black Widow meets Peyton Place meets... ?

The choices we make... good and bad... make all the difference. Some people learn this early on in life...some later... and some never.

All The Difference is a well-paced domestic suspense thriller that will keep you up til the wee hours of the morning... "just one more chapter; I promise"... as you race to its shocking conclusion.  Sex, murder, betrayal, intrigue make this truly a "can't-put-down" book.

Written with panache and a well-rounded cast of chara
Julie Baswell
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever considered who you would be, or where you would have ended if you had made different choices in your life? That’s what this story is about, the choices and consequences that befall the characters. There was plenty of greed and selfishness to keep me guessing who the murderer was, or if it was just coincidence. One thing is for sure, whichever way you see it, it made for an interesting read.
Chris
Jul 23, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I cannot understand how this book managed to get so many good reviews, I'm not convinced I was reading the same book. Characters very one-dimensional; uninteresting and drawn-out plot-line (using the word "plot" loosely). Sorry, not for me.
Dori
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this was just a bargain ebook download I came across. It was pleasantly surprising! I loved the mystery and the fact that it kept me guessing right to the end even though I was pretty sure who the guilty party was. There were enough times throughout the book that left me thinking...”maybe it’s not, maybe it’s...” easy read, and entertaining!
Laura Kay Bolin
Apr 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Kaira Rouda, author of Here, Home, Hope, takes us back to Grandville in her newest release, All The Difference. We are introduced to a number of new residents and someone has a secret. Unlike Rouda’s first novel, this one is darker and mysterious. Throughout the novel we not only learn about these new characters there are also flashbacks for one young girl and we don’t know who it is.

Three women entangled with the same two men makes for some pretty interes
D.J.
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kaira Rouda has a gift for engaging storytelling. All The Difference was a wonderful weekend read, that had me turning the pages to find out what happens next. I was captivated by the intertwined story lines that seamlessly wove adultery, betrayal, deceit, jealousy, murder, and reinvention in suburbia. All The Difference had me guessing who the murderer actually was until the last page. Although looking back, subtle clues were cleverly laid throughout the story, the twist and turns kept me guess ...more
Linda
Nov 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love a good twistie-turner on film, but a suspense novel is not what I normally chose to read. Still, Kaira Rouda kept me going in All the Difference with her clever plotting and crisp writing style. What a wicked web she weaves with believable characters whose lives intersect in fascinating ways. A waitress on the prowl for the prince who will save her from a dull reality; a hard-driving news anchor cat-fighting her way to the top; and the house- bound wife of a womanizer are the lynch pins o ...more
Brian
Apr 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
First, I have to say that I won this book through the Goodreads giveaway contest, and I am very glad that I did. Thank you to the author for the autographed copy. It is an excellent book. It is the story of 3 women in one town that is filled with lies, sexual misconduct, cheating and eventually, murder.
It is a real who-dun-it. The book keeps the reader guessing, right up to the end. Both my wife and I both enjoyed this book greatly.
If I have one pet peeve with the book, it is the number of chara
Sharon
Apr 17, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
I'd like to give this book 3.5 stars.... Maybe one day GR will give the 1/2 star option. I liked how there was this mysterious back story going on that kept you guessing about who they were talking about and where it was going. One thing that was a little hard for me was keeping track of all the characters that were introduced at the beginning but about 1/3 of the way through, I was finally able to keep them straight. lol

The book has love, hate, betrayal, sex and intrigue. You think you're getti
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
ALL THE DIFFERENCE left me reeling. I was immediately drawn in by each one of the characters stories. Rouda masterfully wove the stories of these compelling and, at times, ruthless women into a novel that kept you turning pages.

Adultery, lies, friendship, marriage and murder mixed with the one thing that made all the difference to these women in their lives is the center of this novel.

Rouda may have left small clues throughout the book, but I was constantly thrown for a loop while reading this
Bonnie
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
I thought that this book was entertaining and a fast read. I liked the mystery weaved throughout the book and also the short blurbs about a young girl that was abused as she was growing up and trying to guess which three women it was about. This book shows the effect of trauma during childhood and how it could contribute to how a person is as an adult. I really enjoyed reading this book.
Nina
Apr 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this wonderful novel at Goodreads! All the Difference by Kaira Rouda is one of the best little stories I have read lately. The author cleverly combines elements from chick-lit and murder mystery. I loved it!
Ann  DeVore
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent storyline.

The author keeps you guessing throughout the entire book. Very well written. Good book to relax and read anywhere. Enjoy the journey.
Diane
Jun 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Story of several women POV characters and a few men....intertwined and twisty.
Mary
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
***SPOIKER ALERT***

This is going to go down as one if my least favorite books. I was looking forward to reading this because I'd heard good things and it had received an Indie award but this book reminded me of why I don't usually take others reviews when considering whether to read a book or not.

You know you are probably not going to enjoy the book when you begin hoping that the character introduced in the first chapter is either killed, horribly; or is guilty and gets the electric chair. Alas
Susan Gromis
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! Kaira Rouda was a new author for me, but I liked her style, her character development and the pace of the story. It was a bit dark and twisty, (think Fargo, perhaps?) but I could definitely picture this as a television dramedy. I am not giving specifics here, because my own interpretations of the characters could be spoilers.

There are quite a few characters who interact in different roles, be it employer-employee, roommates, spouses, lovers....and the whole story comes togeth
Emily
Jul 30, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
Ugh! The attractive cover and free Kindle download suckered me into this book, but they couldn't sustain me. I stopped reading 25% of the way in. Far too many characters, all shallow and stereotypical "types", to keep straight. The storyline, such as it was, seemed pointless, and although it might have improved if I'd stuck with it longer, I didn't want to invest any more time in a book that didn't engage my interest in any way. Sometimes I enjoy "chick lit" and contemporary fiction, but not thi ...more
Gloria
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had a little bit of a hard time at first because of so many characters but as I got into it more it became really interesting. I especially liked the inserts in italics about the little girl who was terribly abused as a child, and the ending when the little girl became an adult and revealed who the murderer was. It gave me a new understanding as to how children are treated and how it affects them as an adult.
Shannon
Jul 27, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Very little lead in to the story, 1 dimensional characters, and an abrupt, tacked-on ending. Felt as if the publisher said the author ran out of pages, so she just dashed off 2 more pages and done.
Really though, not that disappointing since I only finished it because I was so close to done anyway. I have not read anything else from this author and doubt I will now.
  • Zoned for Murder
  • Edited for Death (Amy Hobbes #1)
  • Stiletto 911: The Makeover Manifesto
  • A Thousand Bayonets
  • Twisted Justice
  • The Secret of Lies
  • Depth of Deception (A Titanic Murder Mystery)
  • Dancing with the Ferryman
  • Indian Maidens Bust Loose
  • Discovering Nowhere
  • Coming Home (Sophie Anderson, #6)
  • Camp Follower (A Mystery of the American Revolution # 3)
  • Twixt
  • Death Notice
  • Return to the Aegean (The Aegean Mystery Series, #1)
  • The Gargoyle in the Seine
  • Killer in Sight (A Tom Lackey Mystery, #1)
  • Desert Wives (A Lena Jones Mystery #2)
Kaira Rouda is a USA TODAY bestselling, multiple award-winning author of contemporary fiction exploring what goes on behind closed doors of seemingly perfect lives. Her next novel, THE FAVORITE DAUGHTER, is out May 21.

She lives in Southern California with her family and is at work on her next novel. Connect with her on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest: @KairaRouda; and on Facebook at Kaira Rouda B
“Well, it does make you realize that life, even at its longest, is still very short.” 4 likes
“Infatuation, unlike love, is impossible to sustain...” 2 likes