Start by marking “The Healer's Legacy” as Want to Read:
The Healer's Legacy

The Healer's Legacy

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  82 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
THE HEALER'S LEGACY YA/Crossover Fantasy An incredible debut fantasy novel from author, Sharon Skinner. Orphaned by war, haunted by unknown origins, and chased by a warlord and his army of brutal soldiers. KIRA is a young woman with a secret. She can psychically communicate with animals. She is also on the run from her abusive mate Toril, the hero turned warlord, who led t ...more
Published March 29th 2012 by Brick Cave Books (first published March 19th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Healer's Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Healer's Legacy

TheFountainPenDiva
David
Dec 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
The warlord Toril who freed the lands from invaders swept young Kira off her feet and away from the healer who raised her. The problem is that Toril proved to be abusive and Kira escapes as soon as she has the opportunity. She's aided on her journey by her faithful horse Trad, a big cat named Kelmir, and a wyvern named Vraith. On their journey Kira uses her healing skills to win allies. Her ability to communicate telepathically with her animal companions allows her to secure a position as a hunt ...more
Alan Black
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Clearly defined characters, well crafted locations, and natural sounding dialog come together in this novel. The magic and magical people are logical and consistent in the appeal and design and their interaction with the non-magical in their world doesn’t require any but the most minor of adjustment to a reader’s own belief systems.

Kira only wants to live a free live and love a good man, but her brutal and cruel mate won’t let her. Her decision to join this man can only be made right by her deci
Geri
Apr 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite, won, recommend
I got this book free through Goodreads First Reads.

I used to reads this genre many years ago but strayed away from it for one reason or another. I'm slowly coming back. This is the 2nd book I'd picked to read and it was an excellent choice. I easily lost myself in the book. My surroundings fading into the background while I became totally engrossed with Kira's world. Sharon Skinner's writing is magical. Her words sliding swiftly across my eyes causing me to read chapter after chapter when I'd on
Kellani
Jul 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
First and foremost, I won my copy of this book in a goodreads giveaway. So thank you to whoever was responsible for posting the giveaway, and then to whoever was responsible for shipping it to me. I greatly appreciate it. Secondly, thank you to the author who signed the book. Some people might take for granted a signing, but I do not, and I am honored to have a book that was inscribed by the author.

Now, for the review. It was not my favorite book by a long shot, and I find more commonly in the b
Vickie
Mar 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Just finished "The Healer's Legacy" and definitely want more! It made me feel as if I was one of Kira's Companions along side her during this journey. Throughout the book, I was constantly comparing characters to people I knew. Sharon, you brought them all to life - THANK YOU for that!!! All this being said, PLEASE tell me we'll travel together again in the future :) I give it *****
Bob Caldwell
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Clever and fast paced with many creative character and ideas. It was easy to hate the bad guys and cheer for the good guys as Kira finds her way fleeing from an awful past.
Sharon Skinner delivers an engaging tale filled with layered stories that keeps your interest until the end. I am eagerly awaiting the sequel!
vampire
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was Really Good! I enjoyed reading it. I won't spoil it you have to read it.
Alica McKenna-Johnson
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav-ya
This was such a great story with wonderful rich characters. I stayed up well into the night unable to put the book down. I liked the slow build to the romance.
Carol
Jan 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Sharon Skinner is an amazing woman I met at a Science Fiction convention in Tucson quite by accident. I'd never heard of her before, but over half of the panels I attended had her as a panelist, and since the convention was quite small, we recognized each other's faces after only a day. I found out that Sharon, like me, has a full time job other than writing, and yet she managed to balance the two and achieve her dream of being a published author. She inspired me, frankly, and therefore I made i ...more
Stacey Lopez
Ronald Tobin
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
THE HEALER'S LEGACY is a captivating fantasy novel. Kira, the main character, is very likable because she is believable. I saw her as a very principled, and very troubled, individual. How could she not be, with the Warlord Toril essentially chasing her to the very ends of the continent. Her companions are a wyvern and a moon cat, whom she is able to communicate with telepathically. When the story opens, she manages to escape from Toril's guards. She then crosses the continent, helping to heal a ...more
Jared
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, fantasy, 2015
What a great novel! Sharon does an excellent job of bringing the characters to life and drawing you into the book with characters that are believable and that you actually care about. The writing is beautiful in is simplicity but vividly describes the world around you so you can actually picture and feel what is happening rather than just being told a story. Great resolution and ending with just enough foreshadowing for the next book. Looking forward to the next book in the series.
Kilian Metcalf
Nov 10, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book very much, uneven as it is. This first novel demonstrates a writer with promise. The antagonists need to be more developed, and the ending is ambiguous. I don't begrudge the time it took to read it, though, and will buy her next book.
Robin
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by Sharon Skinner I have read and I thoroughly enjoyed it and highly recommned it. Great read.
Robert Tabb
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is a great read. the relationship between the companions is perfect. Kira's adventures are just starting. can't wait for a sequel. great work Sharon!!!
Ruhegeist
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, childrens-ya
Superficial and filled with errors. Would have abandoned if it hadn't been such a fast read.
Melissa Holtsclaw
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book. I am patiently waiting for sequel.
Josefa Rios
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I picked up this book at my local comic-con. Wanted something new and different to read. First time reading a fantasy book, I absolutely enjoyed this book. Cannot wait to read the second book.
Portia
Apr 08, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Sequel Cover Reveal Contest for The Healer's Legacy 1 2 Aug 26, 2015 11:04PM
Win a plushy Wyvern! 1 7 Oct 12, 2012 12:19PM
Free drawing winners are away/ Apple iBookstore availability 1 1 Apr 28, 2012 04:17PM
Publisher Update, the first run has sold out. 1 1 Apr 19, 2012 02:05PM
Listing at Kobo 1 1 Apr 11, 2012 10:50AM
Listings at B&N and Amazon 1 2 Mar 21, 2012 06:52AM
  • Armored (The Té-trad Tale, #1)
  • The Hunter's Rede (Chronicles of Ealiron, #1)
  • The Dragonslayer's Sword (Dragonslayer, #1)
  • Wolf Song (Wolf Song Trilogy #1)
  • The Mark of Noba (The Sterling Wayfairer, #1)
  • The Hero Chronicles: A Complete Collection
  • Demon Lore (Demon Huntress, #1)
  • The Otherworld Trilogy: Faelorehn / Dolmarehn / Luathara (The Otherworld Trilogy #1-3)
  • Complicated By You (Coventon Campus, #1)
  • Tranquility's Blaze (Tales of Tranquility,  #1)
  • Nine Lives
  • Vision
  • Dark Coven (Shifter Squad #3)
  • Transcendent: Tales of the Paranormal
  • Blood and Bite (Rune Alexander, #2)
  • The Complete ElfQuest, Volume One
  • Emily's House (Akasha Chronicles, #1)
  • Lying with Scorpions (Memory of Scorpions, #2)