Start by marking “Forbidden Blood (House of Comarre, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Forbidden Blood (House of Comarre, #0.5)

Forbidden Blood

(House of Comarré 0.5)

Set in the world of the House of Comarré, Kristen Painter gives us a new novella about the price of freedom.

Maris's life as a comarré has come down to three options: escape her patron and spend the rest of her days looking over her shoulder, fight him for her freedom with the understanding it could mean her death or undergo dangerous experimentation to transform her blood
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 81 pages
Published May 15th 2012 by Orbit

To ask other readers questions about Forbidden Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forbidden Blood

Amy A
May 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a House of Comarre series short story that takes places before Chrysabelle and Mal's story. Forbidden Blood tells the story of Maris and Dominic, how they met and fell in love. The book doesn't really give us any information we didn't already know in the long run, it just expanded on the story, or what we thoght was the story.

It was a really quick read and I kind of have mixed feelings about it. I just felt that their relationship / history as we learn it in Blood Rights was more specia
Mel
Mar 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Forbidden Blood is a prequel novella in the House of Comarré series and tells the story of Maris and Dominic. Though it is a prequel, it was written and released after book three, Bad Blood, and I suggest you (at least) wait and read it after Blood Rights, the first book in the series. Without the back story and knowledge of the Comarré that you get in the opening book the novella could be difficult to follow.

All that being said, I was beyond thrilled when I found out Kristen Painter was writing
Haidoulina
Jan 03, 2016 rated it liked it
It was an enjoyable short story for Dominic and Marissa... Recommend to read it at least after the first book... The only reason for that is that way you'll already know the characters and enjoy their story more...
Louisa
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, this was such a great novella! So great, I really enjoyed being in Marissa and Dominic's heads, but sad too, since I knew it wouldn't be a happy ending!
Jessica (Step Into Fiction)
Mar 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novellas, 5-stars
Review originally posted at Step Into Fiction

I thought this novella would help tie me over until Out for Blood comes out in October. I thought wrong. All this did was make me want it even more. Which is absolutely not a bad thing.

If you have NOT read the previous books in the House of Comarré series please read with caution. There are some spoilers that were unavoidable. Proceed with caution . . .

Steph
Forbidden Blood is the prequel to Kristen's House of Comarré series and, for the first time, I'm recommending that this be read after book 1, Blood Rights, instead of before it. If read second, the reader will already know the characters and have an interest in their shared history. These characters are not the main characters of Blood Rights, but they are strong supporting characters with an interesting past.

FORBIDDEN BLOOD tells the story of Dominic Falconetti and Maris(sa)'s meeting. It answ
May 15, 2012 marked it as wishlist
Why are these novellas never available from Amazon UK for the kindle? I'm sick of missing out on parts of series because I'm not in the US :o(
Gabriella
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story of Dominic's and Maris, a Vampire and Comarre who fall in love which is not allowed, also on top of that she belongs to another. A really nice short story that brings clearly into focus a different world of the vampires and many of those forced to reside within it. A great introduction to some of the laws as well as having beautifully fleshed out characters. I can't wait to read more of the series.
Beth The Vampire
A quaint little story revolving around Marissa and Dominic, who we first meet in Blood Rights, the first book in the House of Comarré series. In Blood Rights we get the basics of the story of how Marissa earned her freedom from her vampire master and her connection to Dominic, but this novella basically fleshes out that story. Now, having started to read the series I am familiar with the rules and secrets that permeate the world of a comarré, so this did not have to be explained again, and it wa ...more
Vannessa
Sep 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Although this book is the prequel of the series, House of Comarre, personally I'm glad I read it after Blood Rights, book #1, as it answered a lot of questions from the first book. I also not sure I would have read the rest of this series based on this book, but as the next book is really good, I know what to expect from this series.

Marissa is comarre to Arnaud, a pretty downright nasty piece of vampire! He wants to make her blood different so that every time he drinks from her he can walk in t
Katrina
I came to this book not having read the series yet to see if the premise could whet my appetite and whether the writing would stand up to the books I've been reading lately (George R. R. Martin, N. K. Jemisin, Jim Butcher). And while I am intrigued by the concept of the comarré and their purpose, the plot fell flat and the characterization was bland at best. I really couldn't connect with the heroine, who had no flaws or character drama beyond the plot/circumstances, and the love affair was so r ...more
Step Into Fiction
Jul 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jessica

In Forbidden Blood we get a new look in to how Marissa (or Maris) and Dominic came to fall in love. It's actually a beautiful story. It's funny how similar mother and daughter truly are even though as Chrysabelle grew up she had no idea who her mother really was. As a Comarré both she and her mom fell in love with a vampire, whi
Amberly Reilly
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was ok

I discovered this book series at the small bookstore that I often frequent. After I got home and looked it up, I found out that this prequel existed. It was short and didn't explain too much about the Comarré except that they are blood slaves to vampires. It does sort out the first part of the story which seemed to be missing from the first book. I would definitely recommend reading it, but probably after Book #1 (Blood Rights). I'm definitely looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

Tonya Adamiak
Feb 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book after reading the first 4 book of House of Comarre and as a back story I loved it. Forbidden Blood was confusing at first because it was not what I expected, given all the other Comarre books follow Crystabble I figured this one would as well, but it follows Maria instead. The novella does answer a few questions about Mariss and what she went through to escape her life as a comarre. Though because it does not include many elements that are necessary to completely understand the ...more
Alasandra Alawine
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Makes me like Dominic even more than I did before. Poor guy Maris was just using him to get away from her patron and didn't really love or trust him. While he gave up everything for her to and to care for her. Really hope he finds true love with someone else.

That said Dominic has never been one to play by the rules but has always had a sense of honor and chivalry. Really don't understand why anyone thinks he is such a bad boy.
Jancy
May 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: house-of-comarre
This was a great little back story from before the series began.
I loved getting some more insight into these two character, Marissa and Dominic, and how they meet and started there relationship together.

I just like this series so much, it has great characters and sets up this great new world. It was nice to have a little something to tie my over till the next book comes out, can't wait for book 4.

~*~JenJenBoBin
Nov 09, 2012 rated it liked it
"Three Stars"

Very cool novella ... the back story behind Maris and Dominic. Many questions still left unanswered but still the bit Kristen Painter tells us is very cool. Not worth $2.99 but maybe $.99 that's my honest opinion. Glad I read it though ... love Maris her dedication to her children shows you just how you don't screw with a "Mama Bears" cub... she will be on you like flies on honey!
Amanda
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 Stars! I liked reading the history between Marris and Dominic, and it kept me interested in the series between books. If you've read the others books then you'd enjoy this. If you havent read at least Blood Rights then you might not understand a lot of things in this novella. I would have given it 5 stars but it still left me with a few questions... Maybe thats so she can write more on Marris & Dominic in the future? I would buy and read more!
Cecilia
Mar 04, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-read
En prolog som utspelar sig innan händelserna i Blood Rights, men innehåller massa spoilers för handligen. Så skulle rekommendera att läsa den här efter första boken. Men den var ganska bra faktiskt, gillade att se hur Dominic och Marissa träffades. Även om det var insta-love så tyckte jag att sättet de var med varandra var riktigt fint!

Read my full review at Book Obsession
Amanda Masters
I thought this book was great for a sneak peek kind of before the story kind of thing. I liked the relationship between Marrissa and Domenic and the whole Comarré - Vampire relationship as a whole was intriguing. I like stories where people break the rules and this series seems to be all for that...lol...I look forward to reading the rest!
Nereid
Nov 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
A good short story about how Maris came to be liberated and her relationship with Dominic. He was really a different vampire from the start having compassion which so many of them didn't especially for a woman who is really just a portable blood bank. A great fill in as I waited to read the next book in the series.
Lidia
Nov 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Nice but too short this novel that tells the meet between Dominic and Marissa and as them fallen in love. I was very curious to know their story and the Dominic of this book not is that by other books of series, so I wanted read more on them and for this I deluded but into few pages the author have described all emotion of love.
Ami
Nov 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Looking forward to "Last Blood" :)

I think this picture by Maarkb of deviantart looks like Chrysabelle without her signum. ^_^

Catherine
It was a short story and I think it was a fine one. Relationships and enemies are established quickly, that's to be expected. I just wonder if I would have gotten more out of it if I had read the first full book in the series first. I plan to and may revisit my review afterwards.

Jantine Zandbergen
Jun 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
'Forbidden Blood' is an excellent extra to the House of Comarré series: the story tackled my curiosity about Marissa and Dominic, and by being an extra to the series it didn't interrupt the Chrysabelle and Mal storyline. Great read, must-read for everybody who enjoyed the original series.
David  Vise
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Short but sweet prequel novella to the House of Comarre series focusing on Marissa and Dominic...I thoroughly enjoyed it and wished it was longer! It also made me want more prequel stories based on other characters from the series!
Katherine
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Though speedy this book gives a nice glimpse on the once relationship of Dominic and Marissa and the circumstances that set them to their freedom in New Florida. It did have a bit of striking up love with almost immediacy, but the story had a sense of believability regardless.
Andrea
Sep 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Spoiler alert - be sure to read this after you have read several entries in the House of Commarré main series. This is a short novella which deals with how Maris (Marissa) and Dominic come to be together and in New Florida. A quick read but interesting to those who enjoyed the main series.
Kimberley McGurdy
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Really looking forward to reading this. I came across it by chance and have read the previous 4, so can't wait to see what this one is about.
ReadingDiva Book Reviews
Jun 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
**Review to follow**
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Meridian Six (Meridian Six, #1)
  • Blooded (Jessica McClain, #0.5)
  • No Place Like Home (InCryptid, #0.03)
  • Claudette in the Shadows (Winter Saga, #0.5)
  • Close to You (Downside Ghosts, #5.5)
  • The Stubborn Dead (Lost Souls #1)
  • Something Wikkid This Way Comes
  • Westward Weird
  • Rebellion (Blood and Feathers, #2)
  • Lord Stillwell's Excellent Engagements (Millworth Manor, #1.5)
  • Ethereal Messenger: Three Novels
  • Love Lies Bleeding
  • Something Nice (The Original Sinners, #1.1)
  • Hometown Girl (Bad Boys of Red Hook, #0.5)
  • Darklands (Deadtown, #4)
  • Doctor Who: Devil in the Smoke
Kristen Painter likes to balance her obsessions with shoes and cats by making the lives of her characters miserable and surprising her readers with interesting twists. She currently writes award-winning paranormal romance and cozy mysteries. The former college English teacher can often be found on twitter @Kristen_Painter, Facebook at www.facebook.com/KristenPainterAuthor where she loves to intera ...more

House of Comarré (5 books)
  • Blood Rights (House of Comarré, #1)
  • Flesh and Blood (House of Comarré, #2)
  • Bad Blood (House of Comarré, #3)
  • Out for Blood (House of Comarré, #4)
  • Last Blood (House of Comarré, #5)