Start by marking “Heaven 2.0” as Want to Read:
Heaven 2.0

Heaven 2.0

Having been born in the 28th century, Mike Kepler never believed in the existence of Heaven or Hell. The myths of the old faiths had been abandoned and replaced with the teachings of The Church many centuries earlier. The young physicist is shocked to learn that there is an afterlife when he is recruited by the Taipei Corporation. It was created by a team of scientists rat ...more
Published March 1st 2012 by Scott Haworth (first published February 16th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Heaven 2.0, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heaven 2.0

Debra Barstad
Nov 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute little story about angels and how life is 700 years in the future.
Caleb Blake
Oct 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
Cross-posted from Papyrus Independent Author Reviews (http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2012/12/08/heaven-2-0-by-scott-haworth/)

Life is tough for angels - I mean extraction specialists. What if eternal happiness was a facility designed by humankind some time in the future? What if eternal damnation was similarly administered? Would you feel relieved - or worried?

Heaven 2.0 starts with a fascinating premise; that some time in the future, all religions merge into a single unifying faith and that techn
Rishika S.
Apr 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Heaven 2.0 has a lot going for it. It's an extremely interesting concept, built on great imagination. It's written quite well, not leaving all that much to be desired writing style wise. It flows very well and doesn't really ever come to a point that you'd get bored.
The crux of the book lies in its moral issues - what's right and what's wrong and who is allowed to judge that? The issues addressed in the book are an extension of the moral issues existent today. But the addition of power in the ha
Opal
Apr 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi
Actually a 3.5 rating.

See my reviews here and on The Akamai Reader.

I thought this book had some innovative ideas. It wasn’t overly wrought in religious dogma. There were some outrageous moments for me though. Such as the moment when it was stated that in the 28th century they had successfully stamped out the “homosexual disease”. It was just another instance of proving what a dystopic society it truly was though.

The trips back in time were enjoyable diversions, but I think they took away from t
Roberto Mattos
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a very interesting and entertaining story, very well written, about a futuristic world where science was able to create Hell and Heaven. The company responsible for this implementation is called Taipei Corporation and it recruits the most brilliant minds on Earth to work for their project, based on Mars. But the way the judgement happens is not completely "fair" and the company needs to fill some quotas for Hell as well as for Heaven and that causes some good people being sentenced to He ...more
Thomas Cardin
Apr 30, 2014 rated it liked it
I liked it. Fun concepts abound, but many suffer from poor usage such as time travel and 'dummy' people. With those two technologies alone the plot should have gone a much different direction. I think the technology suffers most by being locked to the setting of the story, making it underutilized by the 'top ranked geniuses' of the main characters.

Things reminded me a bit of the Incarnations of Immortality series by Piers Anthony, though with a tech answer to everything metaphysical and spiritua
Aisha
Sep 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I LOVE sci-fi books because they allow the author to use great imagination to touch on concepts prevalent in today's society. Heaven 2.0 focuses on moral issues that we all grapple with concerning 1) what is right or wrong and 2) who should have the final say in deciding if we ultimately go to Heaven or Hell based on our actions. While most people say God is the ultimate judge, in this book the Taipei Corporation carries out that authority (based off of The Church's and unified government's inte ...more
Barbara Mason
Sep 05, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a story of people who travel back in time to take the soul of a person who is on the brink of dying. I won't spoil it with the reason why this was being done, so read the book. I found the read interesting and fun. I enjoyed the characters and rooted for the good guys though at times it was shady on who the good guys were.
The writing was steady and seamless and needed little to no editing.
Well developed characters and story and would recommend it to 16 and above. Good read.[[ASIN:B007FZ
Angela
Sep 19, 2012 rated it liked it
I don't usually read much sci-fi so this was an unusual book choice for me. However, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the story. It was an unusual subject matter but I found it interesting and different. The story had me gripped until about 80 per cent of the way through when I found it rather far-fetched (yes, even for a sci-fi story!) and it did feel that it was rushing to a conclusion. However, it did finish satisfactorily and I won't hestitate to recommend this book.
Gbolahan
Nov 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Eh. It was funny.
But it was never really evident the point of the extractions. I mean, the extractors should just leave people in the past to die and cease to exist. It makes no economic advantage to transport people from the past to the future to just come and consume resources in the manufactured Heaven and the manufactured Hell.
Terry
Jun 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Quick easy read. Relates to an artificial Heaven created many centuries in the future, run by a corporation. The Judicial system determines the fate of individuals as to whether they go to an artificial heaven or hell. The system is filled with quotas and corruption.

Interesting story, gross at times.

Lori
Jun 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
I would have given the book 5 stars but I didn't agree with how the story ended. But I guess the point of the book is: who has the right to judge a person after they've died and decide if its heaven or hell for them. What I believe is, that would be God. But this book is about a company in the future, who thinks it's their right to do that and not God. Interesting concept.
Candy
Jun 01, 2013 rated it liked it
A strange concept. Why make your own heaven and hell? Very interesting read. Lots of people to like and dislike. Enjoyed Nicole and Gabby. Mike seemed like a wimp. It kept my interest. That's about all I can say without giving too much away.
Pam
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-free
Ahh so time does not change everything.."This place might be run by corporate hacks and religious fanatics"...It was a interesting read.
Marci
May 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
Interesting story idea, but not particularly well written.
Ian Martyn
Jan 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Enjoyed it. Read it quickly as it had good pace, but I didn't understand some of the logic for the concept.
Kalyn
Jun 04, 2013 rated it liked it
While this was not one of my favorites, I liked this book.
Melissa
Jul 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Some parts felt kind of choppy and disconnected, and there were some ideas that needed a bit more development. Overall, though, I found this book to be thought-provoking.
Natasa
May 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
thought provoking read
Marissa
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
Note to self, this doesn't count towards my 2014 total. Read a sample from Amazon. Interesting premise, not well executed enough to commit to reading the whole thing.
Mike Briggs
Oct 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Good overall premise, though dumb for 700 years in the future
Irene
May 23, 2013 rated it liked it
This author has potential and good ideas but could have benefitted from more editing. Especially needed to lose a lot of adverbs.
Richard Fitzgerald
Jun 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Pretty shallow and predictable. It's also a little preachy.
Karl Gunnar
Dec 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Free eBooks: Free Ebook: Heaven 2.0 1 9 Aug 21, 2012 10:49AM
Book Giveaways: Free Ebook: Heaven 2.0 1 5 Aug 21, 2012 10:47AM
  • The Plantation (The Plantation, #1)
  • Connected
  • The Sixth Discipline (Haven, #1)
  • Come Together (Rock Hard, #2)
  • Everywhere But No Place (Messages From The Unseen World, #1)
  • Unlawful (Freedom, #1)
  • Whatever Gods May Be
  • Feed
  • Hell and Beyond (Broken, #2)
  • Tribute for the Viking
  • The Machine God (The Drifting Isle Chronicles #3)
  • The Locksmith (Mindjack Origins, #5)
  • Everyone's Man
  • Play Him Again
  • Synthetic: Dark Beginning
  • Broken Things
  • Into the Vast
  • Shadow of a Dead Star  (The Wonderland Cycle #1)
Scott was born in the wagon of a traveling show. His Momma used to dance for the money they'd throw. Pappa would do whatever he could... Well, not really. That would have been a lot more interesting though. He was actually born in the suburbs of Cleveland.

After existing for several more decades, Scott graduated from college in 2004 with a degree in history and political science. Six months later h