Start by marking “Silence of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #13)” as Want to Read:
Silence of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #13)

Silence of the Wolf

(Heart of the Wolf #13)

Gray werewolf Tom Silver is determined to find the wolves who have been attacking local livestock. While tracking the pack through the Rockies, a blizzard forces him into a remote cabin where he hears a plane crash nearby.

Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published March 4th 2014 by Sourcebooks

To ask other readers questions about Silence of the Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silence of the Wolf

AH
Initial Thoughts: 3.5 stars. Wolves on skis!
What I do enjoy about this series is that each book can be read as a stand alone book. The more books you read in the series, the greater your enjoyment will be as you pick up on some of the characters from previous books. I was a little annoyed with the wishy-washy-ness of the lead couple. Elizabeth was skittish, secretive, and understandably so. Tom pissed me off at first, however he did grow on me.

The Review:
Wolves on skis!!!

Silence of the Wolf ta
Marta Cox
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I think this is the thirteenth book in Ms Spears popular Heart of the Wolf series and it's actually my second book by her. I discovered her at Christmas when I read a seasonal wolf story in this series and just had to read more! Although this is part of a series and mentions characters and events from previous books I didn't find it necessary to have read those first. This is easily understood and works very well as a standalone story so have no fears on that score.
Tom Silver is brother to his p
Michelle the Romance Witch
Being a long-standing fan of this series, and others by the author as well, I enjoyed every second of Tom’s story, even though there was certainly some serious drama and heartache. I loved seeing Tom and Elizabeth interacting with each other and the others in the pack as well. The pack is like one huge family, with wit and teasing, love and loyalty, and the best of all is that they never let each other down in the hard times. Elizabeth comes to count on the rest of the pack as much as she does T ...more
Dawn ♥ romance
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I enjoyed this paranormal romance with plenty of action and a theme of how fulfilling it is to be a part of a loving family or community but the heroine was inconsistent when she pulled in or pushed away the hero and some of the events were too coincidental to be believable. Pack leaders brother werewolf Tom is asked to escort visitor werewolf/coyote shifter Elizabeth around the werewolf run town.
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
~4.5 Wolf Stars ~

ARC Early Review
Due Out March 4th, 2014

Silence of the Wolf is book thirteen in Terry Spear’s Heart of the Wolf series. Terry takes us back to Silvertown territory where Darien, Jake and Tom run the pack and town. We get mystery, adventure and passion.

I really enjoy Terry Spear’s written style the ease in which it flows. How I can just get pulled back into her wolf series! I love the pack dynamics created in this series. They center on family, doting on the young and welcomin
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
God! I wanted to love this book! Terry Spear was one of my favorite shifter authors!

The story was great!!

Elizabeth comes to the Rockies to do an article for a newspaper back home in Texas. She is 1/2 red wolf & coyote were... She is also there to get evidence from her a friend about her hater uncle who wants to kill her because of her coyote half. She suspects he killed her parents. Her hotel room gets broken into, she gets pushed down a ski slope & kidnapped.

Tom Silver is an Alpha gra
Lin
Silence of the WOlf is the 13th book in this series. I was lucky enough to discover this author back at the beginning if her writing this series. I have enjoyed each and every one of them. I especially liked this one. It is Tom's story. He is the youngest brother, one I have been anxious to read for some time. The chemistry between the two main characters is steamy but still very believable. THis author has a way of writing that makes the lives of the characters seem so real, in spite of the par ...more
Jacqueline J
It was okay but nothing special. There was too much insta love which I know is a feature of shifter books but I didn't buy it here. The heroine's character was all over the place. The plotting was pretty loose in places. The whole thing with the cousins was pretty silly. I've read most of this series but there are an awful lot of authors out there who I haven't tried so I may be moving on.

'Cole *Bookwyrm Babe, Voyeur of Covers, Caresser of Spines, Unashamed Smut Slut, the Always Sleepy Wyrm of the Stacks, and Drinker of Tea and Wine*
Silence of the Wolf gets a 3.5 rating from me. The plot is a good one, the characters are credible, but the romance needs a bit of work, in my opinion. still, very good book. must read the rest of the series now
Delta
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: readers of Heart of the Wolf series
3.5 Stars
TinaMarie
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Meranda Semeniuk-Wappel
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just loved this book! I loved how Terry Spear incorporated a half breed person into her stories. Everyone has either been turned or born as they are but never a half wolf, half coyote before. It's amazing! I also love how even though you may be have of one thing and half of another, there will always be people who love you for you and that is what Terry Spear has incorporated into this book!
Lynda Tatad
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series-r-us
I am loving this series! I love the Silvertown pack, and all the different characters. Even though each book deals with a specific pair who meet, and the challenges they are facing... I enjoy when their lives intermingle with others in the pack. Terry Spears is quickly becoming a new fave author for me. :-)
amandra
Cute is there a coyote shifter series I know that in the past two books she is given nods to her jaguar shifter series. This was pretty good although my favorite part small as it was was Sam and Silva finally although I was hoping they would get their own book or at least a novella please ?
Janet
Jan 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
3+ stars
Dottie
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Non-stop action, thrilling suspense and danger intertwine in this delicious paranormal romance that you won't want to miss! Taken from my review at RomanceJunkies.com:

Silver Town is werewolf territory, unbeknownst to the human farmers in the area. Seeing wolves around their calves and sheep on the different farms, they contact Darien Silver, the pack leader and owner of the land that the farmers have leased. However, it has been three weeks now and nothing has changed. Tom Silver, Darien’s young
Debbie Lester
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Terry Spear takes readers back to Silver Town in the thirteenth book in the Heart of the Wolf series. Readers of the series will love this very original addition to the series featuring a wolf/coyote hybrid. Spear once again entrances readers with her action packed, romantic writing. This paranormal romance has plenty of suspense and willhave readers on the edge of their collective seats, as Tom Silver, youngest of the Silver brothers finally finds a woman he can't live without. A great addition ...more
Sandy S
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date March 4, 2014

When he discovers the sole survivor is a beautiful female werewolf/coyote shifter mix, bound as a prisoner, he knows it's his duty to hide her. Now, they are both at risk as a search ensues for the missing prisoner.

Will Tom be able to
Sarah (Head Stuck In A Book)
Silence Of The Wolf is the thirteenth book in the Heart Of The Wolf series by Terry Spear.

Following a different couple throughout each book, this stories focus is on Tom Silver of the pack-run Silver Town and the Silver triplets and Elizabeth Wildwood a mix of wolf and coyote who has been ostracized her whole life because of her mixed blood.

In town to report a story and to meet up with North, a member of her Uncle's pack who was meeting her to hand over evidence of the murderer of her parents, E
Mason
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Anyone who skips over author Terry Spear’s Heart of the Wolf series because it’s listed as a paranormal romance is missing out on stories packed with depth and intrigue, fascinating characters, stirring surroundings, and heartwarming relationships.

In the latest installment in the series, SILENCE OF THE WOLF, Spear tackles issues of sibling rivalry, family outcast, and finding acceptance. She shows how some families pull together giving love and support, while others turn on each other thinking o
Tabitha (Lovely Books Blog)
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Read more reviews like this at http://lovelybooksblog.blogspot.com

Silence of the Wolf is one of those books that I wasn’t really expecting to be amazing but I was expecting just a little more than I got. I felt like this book was just thrown together, without a lot of thought given to the story (which the author contradicted herself on) or to the characters. Though it started off well enough, the story progressively got more and more frustrating, especially on the character front.

The number one
Romancing the Book
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Nadene
Book provided by NetGalley
Originally posted at Romancing the Book

I was first introduced to Terry Spear’s work in Highland Werewolf Wedding and since then I have had the privilege of reading a few of the books in her werewolf and jaguar series. As a result I have become a big fan of hers and so I was quite thrilled to receive a copy of Silence of the Wolf to read and review.

This is the thirteenth book in the Heart of the Wolf series and just like the other books in the series it
Paranormal Romance
Outcast from both the Coyote and Wolf communities because of her half breed nature, the heroine has never known true kindness or what if feels like to be a part of a pack. She's travel to the small town to receive proof the her uncle murdered her parents and there she meets the hero. His family runs the town and with female shifters being so scarce, he's been tasked with guarding her and making sure no one bothers her. He promises himself not to mate with her but her alpha and beta traits intrig ...more
Beth
Tom Silver is the second in the Gray werewolf pack. The wolves run the entire town and the ski lodge. When a lady red wolf/coyote shifter comes to town, heads are going to turn. Tom is resolute not to be sucked into this mating thing but its evident that he quickly finds himself pulled to their new visitor.

Elizabeth Wildwood has stayed under the radar of wolf packs for years. As a breed, she was despised by her families pack and numerous attempts where made on her life. Now someone is out for b
Paraphrodite
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
3 stars.

We're back at Silver town with the last unmated Silver brothers, Tom. This time, the heroine is a wolf-coyote mix and has been shunned by her half brother and uncle all her life. We also get another explanation on the origins of red wolves. Unlike his brothers, there's no dream-mating for Tom, which is a pity since he was the one who really wanted it.
Tania
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: terry-spear
"Silence of the Wolf" by Terry Spear. Book 13 in the Heart of the Wolf series. Book 4 in the Silver Town Wolf series (series within the Heart of the Wolf series).

I really really enjoyed this book! A paranormal romance mystery all in one! The story line was so smoothly set out with some twists and turns along the way. I found myself thinking "Who's the killer? Who's REALLY trying to kill Elizabeth and why? Are they good guys or bad guys?" The story is written in a way that you have doubt about th
Jennifer Duffey
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received an e-galley of Silence of the Wolf for an honest review.

I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but it bears repeating, Terry Spear can write some hella good wolves. And jaguars. And she's got a new cougar out that I'm excited to read. But I digress. Back to the wolves. Specifically Tom Silver. The last of the Silver triplets. I was so excited to read his book and was not disappointed in the least!! Tom's book proved to be just as good as I had hoped for.

Seeing Tom break out his protect
eyes.2c
Feb 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wolves reign again!

This shapeshifting werewolf story with all the right ingredients, continues the saga of the inhabitants of Silver Town.
Warm, sleek,half coyote, half wolf-gal meets sexy handsome wolf-guy. There's an attempted kidnapping, unsolved murders and mysterious strangers hanging around the town.
Loner, Elizabeth Wildwood, turns up in grey wolf country ostensibly to do a story about skiing at a Colorado resort. She runs into Tom Silver, youngest brother of pack leader Darien. Sparks fly
Carrie
Dec 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: calibre-library, 2014
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Having only ever read one other book in this series (#5), I feel these are fine as standalone reads. I think the only thing that might have impacted me was the fact that I wasn't dying to know Tom's story. From some other reviews, I guess this has been a long time coming.

Tom is a reluctant escort to a visiting wolf/coyote shifter, Elizabeth. She's been discriminated against all her life by both her father's pack of wolves and her mo
Pam
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-reviewed
I was lucky enough to get an ARC of this book from Net Galley for an honest opinion. I didn't know what I started reading I was once again entering the Town of Silver. The home of the super sexy alpha brothers Darien, Jake and Tom. I always enjoy when a book takes me back for a visit with old friends to catch up with their lives while bringing a new in exciting story. This is Tom's story. I have to say before we get onto Tom I loved starting the book seeing our sexy Darien the Head alpha feeding ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Unclaimed (The Amoveo Legend, #5)
  • The Hunted Heart (Redwood Pack, #6.7)
  • Wild Highland Magic (The MacInnes Werewolves Trilogy, #3)
  • Moon Cursed (Nightcreature, #10)
  • Lindy & The Wulfen (The Wolf's Mate, #7)
  • His Untamed Desire (Moon Shifter, #3.5)
  • Hunting Human (Prime Legacy, #1)
  • New Moon (Moon #8)
  • Wolf Nip (Granite Lake Wolves #6)
  • Wicked Memories (Castle of Dark Dreams, #7)
  • The Keeper Finds Her Mate (Keeper of Wolves, #2)
  • Last Wolf Watching (Bloodrunners, #3)
  • A Soul So Wicked (Moon Chasers #6)
  • Tall Dark Handsome Lycan (Tall Dark Handsome Lycan, #2)
  • Angel's Wolf (Westervelt Wolves, #6)
Love, love, love romance, the paranormal, hunky Highlanders with their delicious brogue and hot kilts, so Terry Spear writes about those hunky Highlanders both in medieval times and as wolves in contemporary times. Jaguar shifters too! And young adult urban fantasy. And romantic suspense.

She grew up reading mystery, adventure, mythologies from around the world, ghost stories, the paranormal, fell

Heart of the Wolf (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Heart of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #1)
  • Destiny of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #2)
  • To Tempt the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #3)
  • Legend of the White Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #4)
  • Seduced by the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #5)
  • Wolf Fever (Heart of the Wolf #6)
  • Heart of the Highland Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #7)
  • Dreaming of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #8)
  • A SEAL in Wolf's Clothing (Heart of the Wolf, #9)
  • A Howl for a Highlander (Heart of the Wolf, #10)