Start by marking “La saga de los longevos. La vieja familia” as Want to Read:
La saga de los longevos. La vieja familia

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

La saga de los longevos. La vieja familia

(A Saga of the Ancient Family #1)

"La saga de los longevos", el fenómeno digital que gracias a la recomendación de los lectores ha llegado a las librerías de la mano de La Esfera de los Libros.

¿Qué harías si tu jefe, un experto arqueólogo, te confesara que nació hace 10.300 años?

“La saga de los longevos” es un adictivo cóctel de arqueología y flashbacks históricos —prehistoria, celtas, escitas, la rebelión
Kindle Edition, Edición: 1 (16 de febrero de 2012), 735 pages
Published February 16th 2012 by Amazon Media EU

To ask other readers questions about La saga de los longevos. La vieja familia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La saga de los longevos. La vieja familia

KB Wayne
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Closer to 3.5 stars.

A few years ago I fell in love with Deborah Harkness' All Souls Trilogy, the third of which is expected to be released this summer. I'd never ever been a paranormal reader but something about that story just enchanted me -- probably the whimsy combined with the romance (I am a romance reader!).

Reading the description of The Immortal Collection I thought "you bet, I'll try it." And I'm glad I did. It is quite long, the romance quite mild, but the descriptions and the depth of
Karen
Apr 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this, the 1st book of the Collection.

It's well researched & has an interesting setting, which shows that the 3 years it took to write was well spent. Set in Spain in 2012 with chapters being written from the point of view of 2 of the main characters, it's pacy and strongly written.

It was recommended to me by Amazon and at first I felt the book was an American 'sexed up' version of a Mary Stewart novel, her stock novel with a plucky young woman slightly out of her depth with a stro
Tamzin Dunn
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting and engrossing book. An immortal story with no vampires what a delightful change. The beginning is wonderful and a neat way to start the book as it catches your interest straight away. The immortals are just normal people don't appear to age after about 30 years and have lived for a ridiculously long time, we are talking thousands of years. They don't know why and are trying to find out now that science has reach a stage they can investigate. The research going into this book is ...more
Melanie
It was an interesting idea and it kept me reading. The romance section slowed things down and just wasn't that great for me. I also wasn't a fan of the ending. It's got some good tense moments and I love the historical side. Overall, it's a bit unbalanced. Sometimes it's really good and sometimes not so much.
Adriana
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story’s concept is pretty original and engaging, but a big part of what makes it so great is the amazing writing. It made me want to look up a copy in Spanish and see how much of that was the translation or if it’s even better in the original.
Adriana is a strong female character who stays true to herself. I loved that she didn’t have to compromise herself in order to be with Iago – it was her being who she is that made her perfect for him.
It felt a bit like the ending came out of nowhere, bu
Joanna
Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This story may have suffered in the translation a bit...it had an interesting premise and the first chapter really grabbed me, but I like my protagonist to be a little more normal instead of perfect and brilliant and gorgeous and witty etc etc. The book got long and technical, unfortunately. While I enjoy history, the level of details surrounding neanderthal man was just plain boring for me and the insistence of the torrid love affair seems just too dramatic.
Jenny
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating characters and story

These characters really stuck with me from the first pages of the book. I didn’t speed read this book initially because I wanted to savor it. A very satisfying read.
Rebecca
I got halfway through this and had to give it up. The story wasn't interesting enough to justify wading through another 350 pages.

"The Immortal Collection" is an extremely long book with an interesting premise--a family of long lived humans who've been around for 10,000 years are looking for the secret to their good health. They have to pick up and move every few decades so people don't notice them not aging. As the story opens, the family runs a museum and does genetic research, seeking the ans
Annie
Jun 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don't start this book unless you have a day to kill. I found myself going back to it more and more, for longer periods and I stayed up all night to finish it.
This is about a small family of long-living people and how they live their lives with glimpses back to their lives in the sometimes very distant past. It's not a perfect book but the characters are interesting enough, just don't expect a lot of subtleties.
The real attraction of this book for me was the history and archaeology. A question r
Lisa Avila
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I decided to read the book in English, instead of the Spanish version since English has been my primary language for the last 26-years. I don't now if there are others like me that have to make a decision of what language they should read a book. My Spanish is from Puert Rico, and although I have no problems with the language, I felt that I could benefit more from the English version. The book was well written and documented. It kept my attention to the point that I could not put the book down. ...more
Christina
Apr 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
I could not put this book down and spent a few too many nights staying up way too late. It was refreshing to read a book about immortals who weren't vampires, werewolves, mermaids, etc., but who were normal people who happened to live through several millennia. I especially liked that you could see how contemporary events were affected by family members' actions thousands of years ago, hundreds of years ago, or even tens of years ago.

I can't wait for the second book; that cliffhanger was crazy!
Brenda Mejia
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
ahora que lo terminé solo puedo decir que este debe ser uno de los mejores novelas escritas en los últimos 10 años. Historia, ciencia, drama psicológico todas entrelazadas en esta trama. Ojalá la vida me diera la oportunidad de traducirla. Totalmente recomendada.

Now that Ive finished it, I must have to say that this is one of the best novels written in the last 10 years. History, science, psychological drama all together in a plot. I wish life gives me the chance to translate this someday. I tru
Kim
Apr 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you have a basic understanding of genetics. If you believe in Darwinism. If you think all the drama that surrounds family dynamics is interesting......you might like this book. I found it fascinating. A man who is 30,000 years old, and his children. They have a genetic abnormality that allows them to live that long. One of the "ancient family" meets an anthropologist, they fall in love, and this is their story. I look forward to any sequels to this entertaining and original book.
BrenT
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have just read the book- English version. I just loved it .I am a Paranormal romance fan, come urban fantasy fan and was surprised with how much I liked the book. The book grabbed me from the first pages, yes read it in two days. Enjoyed the characters and intrigue. Looking forward to the next instalment. Hope I do not have to wait to long. Happy to have found a new author to follow. Looking forward to Eva's next book.
Michael Campos
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazingly creative...

Amazingly creative...

Powerhouse of a first book!!! Eva deserves all kinds of praise for bringing us such exceptional literary intellect. Definitely a genius of a book. No doubt there is now a huge list of fans who just can't wait for it's follow-up...including me :)
Rosemary Dreyer
Apr 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating:
A supernatural novel that spans numerous millennium, The Immortal Collection is a captivating story that involves murder, mystery and a museum. I can't give away any of the plot but encourage you to read this book. While the translation is mostly smooth, there are times when I wished I could read the original Spanish version. Definitely an author to watch for her next novel.
Sharon Brown
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Just about anybody, esp historical romance/fiction & vampire lovers...
Recommended to Sharon by: Amazon
Shelves: my-favorites
I love, love, LOVED this book! The only thing I didn't enjoy was the book wasn't long enough! : )

Great read for anybody as it touches a lot of bases & genres...

It's now officially in my Top 5 Favorite books list!
Anne
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read.

Good read.

A real relief to learn that the book wasn't about vampires & werewolves. The struggle of loyalty, family, and love is a refreshing read. Look forward to the next book.
Michael  Starsheen
A fascinating book

I gave this book five stars because it is both suspenseful and different from the run of the mill immortals story. I genuinely enjoyed the characters and their interplay, and highly recommend this book.
Michele
Throughout the story I was reminded of a Dan Brown novel, as to the amount of research involved to support the story. This book is a very enjoyable history lesson disguised as a mystery, suspense,romance novel.
Holly E. Whitty
Jul 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait to find out how this story line progresses!

I read this in 2 days! I couldn't wait to see what happened next! I love history so this was right up my alley, I would recommend this book to all who love time travel/romance/history books!
Janet Arroyo
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Longevos

I was mesmerized by this book. I found the history and science of this book fascinating. I felt the struggle in their complicated family issues. I genuinely hope there is a sequel. I'd recommend this book to all my friends. Thank you so much.
Kim Hammond-beyer
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Loved it!

engaged me from the beginning, wanted to read in one sitting but got too late. finished it next morning. good writing, interesting characters, plot
Barbara
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good and evil! History of caveman days! I liked the love story. I'd like to meet iago. Over all good story. They make it believable!
melissa thande
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Please let there be a sequel

very easy read. a page turner that leaves you wanting more! would give 5 stars if there was a sequel!
Kelly
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
How original.
Charee
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book

This book was very intriguing. Even with a few translation errors, I was hooked and enjoyed the story. Definitely with it!
Katrina
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5* This book was absolute thrill to read. Highly recommend it to anyone who would like to take a step back from more common vampire/ werewolf/demon - style paranormal romance.
Sharron
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
excellent book, thoroughly recommend. can't wait for second novel.
pegi carey
Jul 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very engrossing!

Very engrossing!

This plot was intriguing and the love story and conflict were captivating. I am looking forward to the next book.

« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Un hotel en ninguna parte
  • A la de tres: ¡Te quiero!
  • El haiku de las palabras perdidas
  • Atlántida
  • Reaper's Touch
  • Alguien como tú
  • Y entonces sucedió algo maravilloso
  • Princesa (Moteros, #1)
  • El tiempo es el que es (El Ministerio del Tiempo, #1)
  • Amanecer contigo
  • El guerrero a la sombra del cerezo
  • Orders of Magnitude (The Genie and the Engineer #2)
  • Después de la lluvia
  • Doctor Who: The Art of Death
  • Stone Angels (Primani, #3)
  • El final del ave Fénix
  • Hojas de dedalera
  • La última jugada
Eva García Sáenz was born in Vitoria, Spain, in 1972 and she lives in Alicante in Spain's Costa Blanca since she was fifteen.

She is a licensed optometrist and she held various positions in optometry for ten years. Then she worked at the University of Alicante for another eleven years. For three years, she wrote in the evenings to complete "The Immortal Collection," her first novel.

She originally s

A Saga of the Ancient Family (2 books)
  • The Sons of Adam (Ancient Family, #2)
“Deep down, even the oldest man in the world refuse to learn from his own mistakes, I thought” 4 likes
“Cursed graze that burns; cursed mind that never stops thinking. Mirrors that don’t lie; doubts that torment; dictators who torture every hope on the rack. The crossroads approach, and it makes my head spin; we choose the path that allows us to sleep; we reject the tempting loophole. Lose yourself within the eyes of the one who deceives, or find yourself within those of the one who still loves you. The uncertainty of what hasn’t been experienced versus the certainty of the already expired. Merge the experiences; the game is as controlled as a fire. Feel the heat; feel the cold. Wager, then, on your own defeat.” 2 likes