Start by marking “Patently In Love” as Want to Read:
Patently In Love

Patently In Love

After her popstar boyfriend publicly humiliates her, Jane wants to start a new life away from media scrutiny. Maybe even find a new man.

Marshall wants a partnership in his patent law firm. He just has to prove he’s totally focussed on his work. No distractions. No office romance. Unless, of course, no one knows about it.

The last thing Jane needs is to have her picture spla
Published March 16th 2012 by Uncial Press (first published March 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Patently In Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Patently In Love

Penny Grubb
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Finally... finally I get to read this book. I want to fill this review with the frustration of life with different ereaders, some books available on some and not on others. Years of a job that meant inordinate amounts of time stuck in carriages or cabins thinking books, the traveller’s life-saver, should have figured on the Safety Information I was forever being entreated to read. If only Patently in Love had been accessible earlier, one of those journeys would have been a great deal more enjoya ...more
Julie
Feb 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I found Jane particularly refreshing: a character who, for once, instead of seeking the limelight just wants to escape and live a quiet life. Of course, even moving town and altering her appearance won’t be enough to stop the paparazzi chasing her. How she deals with this is very well described.
I enjoyed watching the relationship between Jane and her colleague, Marshall develop. The obstacles to true love are realistically described and I love the fact that, in the end, all the characters get wh
Beverley Eikli
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This is a really feel-good, sweet romance. The hero was just gorgeous with all the attributes that I love: a good moral compass and a fierce loyalty towards his sister whom he's brought up since their parents' deaths some years before.

But it's the chemistry between our lovely hero and the really likeable and deserving Jane that made me shiver with anticipation.

Add to this the well-executed device of interspersing the narrative with emails flying between brothers, sisters, friends, bosses, conniv
Ashlinn Craven
Nov 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: geek-romance
Anyone who can make working life in a patent law office not only accessible but also immensely fun to read has my vote any day. I'd definitely look out for this author again. The story itself is a little short and predictable at times but it didn't infringe on readability. The author makes subtle digs at certain personality types and industry practices...all great fun! I'd class it under "smart chic lit".
Talli Roland
Mar 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fresh and fun, Rhoda Baxter’s debut novel is an entertaining read about learning to trust – and love – again.
Jenni Fletcher
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved the celebrity-on-the-run premise for this book. It has a great heroine, a swoonworthy hero and a properly nasty villain. Really enjoyed - definitely a fun summer read!
Rachel Gilbey
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy just browsing my kindle to see what I can stumble upon that I may have not overly remembered about before, and Girl on the Run was one of those books for me. I bought it and there it sat for over a year, until I came across it again. I'm delighted that I did, as I found this to be a fast paced, great romance, about a girl on the run from the paparazzi. Large amounts of the story was progressed using text and email between various characters, which gave quick snapshots into a varie ...more
Lindy Pettifer
Jul 01, 2012 rated it did not like it
Terrible. No wonder she is self published. The cover says it all. Cheap, tacky and amateur.

Don't bother.
rated it it was ok
Nov 20, 2017
Sue Moorcroft
Apr 22, 2015
Hi. I’m Rhoda. I write smart contemporary romantic comedy. In real life, I’m a former scientist who now works in intellectual property. The rest of the time I’m a sensible grown up Mum.

Years ago, when I commuted into London every day, I read a lot. Reading romance, I always felt that the genre didn't really represent people I knew in real life. Where were the women who had career ambition and didn