Start by marking “Run the Risk (Love Undercover, #1)” as Want to Read:
Run the Risk (Love Undercover, #1)

Run the Risk

(Love Undercover #1)

When Detective Logan Riske goes undercover to find Pepper Yates, a potential link to his best friend's unsolved murder, he vows to gain her cooperation by any means necessary. But the elusive beauty is more suspicious—and in far more danger—than he expected. And the last thing Logan needs is to start caring for her….

Pepper has spent years dodging the corrupt club owner who
Mass Market Paperback, 379 pages
Published September 25th 2012 by Harlequin HQN

~ Becs ~
Having very much enjoyed Lori Foster’s Edge of Honor series, I embarked on this one full of expectations. She’s always written great romantic suspense novels with incredibly alpha heroes to die for and I was expecting more of the same here.

I have to say I was decidedly underwhelmed by the first half of the book to the point of almost giving up. EVERYONE is lying and hiding something and no one is who they seem and they’re not an easy bunch to like.

Basic synopsis – Pepper and Rowdy Yates are hidi
Dee
I loved Lori's last series (Men Who Walk The Edge of Honor)and was sad when it came to an end but she promised us a fantastic series that we would love just as much...so was she wrong?....NO she wasn't!! Although this is a seperate series it carries on with the same theme of drug smuggling and trafficking of young women.

Normally with a big build up of a book we are often left disappointed but I sure wasn't! Within the first few chapters I was gripped and loving the story and instantly loved the
Shawna
2 stars – Contemporary Romance/Romantic Suspense

I’m a fan of LF’s Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor series and had high hopes for her new series, but this first installment was sadly disappointing. I didn’t feel any connection between the H/h other than lust, and their HEA was whiplash fast and trite. The suspense part of the story was rather dull and definitely didn’t make up for the inadequate romance. Overall, this was a lackluster read that I’m really glad I got free from the library. Despite
Lisa Kay

★★★★✩ (This is a review of the audiobook.) I haven’t been a big fan of Jim Frangione's narration in the past; I think it is his cadence. Nevertheless, I love this author, so I gave him another try. He does a nice enough job here; not a lot of differentiation, and with his deep voice, it is hard for him to do the women. I will probably go on with the series on audio, so he wasn't awful.

I have always called Lori Foster my “Iron Woman.” She doesn't receive many five stars from me; but then she rar
Missy's Book World
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5/5
Wow loved this book so freaking much!!! I don't know why skipped this book in the series but I'm glad I went back and read it. Pepper was an amazing herion who held her own and Logan was just wonderful he wasn't an ass to her and actually cared about how she felt. This was an awesome Lori Foster book.
KatLynne
Detective Logan Riske is working undercover searching for the man whom he believes was an eye witness to the murder of his best friend. In order to find the elusive Rowdy Yates, he sets himself up as a construction worker and neighbor to Rowdy’s sister, Pepper. Believing she will be the link to lead him to her brother, he is ruthless in his pursuit and will go to any lengths necessary to obtain the information.

Pepper Yates is hiding secrets. For years she’s been dodging the corrupt club owner wh
Антоанета
Много противоречива ми беше тази книга и до последно се чудя какво да мисля за нея.
Половината беше ужааааасно мудна и скучна, не се случваше нищо и изобщо не ми се четеше, заспивах направо. После нещата малко се раздвижиха, но краят го претупаха и затова оценката ми е 3*.
Харесах образът на Пепър, която се оказа доста добър хамелеон. Умело се справяше като Сю, но като Пепър беше по-интересна. А Логън си беше мъж на място от всякъде, чак прекалено перфектен. Щеше ми се да има нещо повече, но дано
Fanny
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it

Run The Risk es el primer libro de los cuatro que forman la serie Love Undercover creada por Lori Foster y tiene como protagonistas a Logan y Pepper.

Honestamente comence la lectura sin ninguna clase de expectativa ( ni buena ni mala ), he leido varias novelas de la autora y me gusta bastante su estilo al escribir, aun asi tengo que admitir que este libro me sorprendio gratamente .

Run The Risk tiene una trama atrapante, interesante y que no decae en ningun momento, algo muy impresionante ya que e
-C-
Sep 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great book! I really enjoyed the story! It had a little bit of everything.

“Let me leave you my number. Anything comes up, or if anyone bothers you-"

"You're bothering me.”
MsRomanticReads

How do you catch a killer when the only witness is on the run and can't be found? Answer: you go undercover and try to get close to the witness' sister.
Two years ago, Detective Logan Riske's best friend was murdered. With no evidence and no witnesses, the culprit is still roaming free, but Logan wants justice and revenge. When he learns that the witness Rowdy Yates has a sister safely tucked away away, posing as an apartment building manager, he decides to go undercover as a construction worker
Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
I am a HUGE fan of Lori Foster. Men Who Walk The Edge Of Honor series, The Buckhorn Brothers series, and The Fighter series are some of my favorites. I was so excited to read that Lori was releasing the Love Undercover series. I couldn't wait to read. Lori writes some of the best Alpha heroes along with heroines that are their perfect fit.

I struggled through the first half of Run The Risk. Not because of the writing or the story, because I was definitely pulled into it from the beginning, but f
Fani *loves angst*

A well written but otherwise pretty run-of-the-mill romantic suspense that would have earned at least one extra star from me, had the heroine been more likable or dropped her pointless charade at trying to hide her apparently Pamela Anderson-like 'assets', sooner. Her speech about taking out Morton's men, was laughable to say the least, and shows her for the silly, ninja-wanna-be chick she trully is, rather than the strong, fearless woman she thinks herself as:
"She settled her purse in
Elizabeth (Liz)
Believing that Pepper Yates possibly has information regarding the murder of his best friend, Detective Logan Riske goes undercover in order to get close to her. He is determined to do whatever is necessary to learn whatever she may know. However, he soon learns that she may be in real danger, and that he is beginning to care for her much more than he should.

After spending several years in hiding from the criminal club owner whose main goal is to keep Pepper from telling what she knows, Pepper r
Holly
Jul 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Lori Foster has hit another home run with this first in her up coming new series Love Undercover!!

Logan Riske and Pepper Yates live in a world where things are not always as they appear. Logan is an undercover cop heading the task force to bring down a notoriously bad guy, who incidentally murdered his best friend and he thinks that Pepper is his link to do just that. Logan, posing as a construction worker attempts to charm his neighbor Sue Meeks, who is actually Pepper in a rather amazing disgu
Cheri
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another start of a great series by LF. I really liked the H&h in this book. Especially the h...which you will see why. Once again LH touches on the subject of human trafficking, but not as intense as the other series. Characters from her other books are reintroduced in this series also.
Anna's Herding Cats
Originally posted at Herding Cats & Burning Soup

Ooooo fantastic start to a new series by one of my favorite authors!! Run the Risk was a excellent read and a great way to spend an afternoon. The couple was...interesting, the light suspense kept me turning the pages and damn if Foster's secondary characters weren't just to die for.

I loved the set up for Run the Risk. It's got a good gritty storyline of sleazy criminals and police corruption but at the same time never feels too heavy or dark.
Wanderlust
Oct 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Cover & Title - 4 out of 5
Favorite Line - "Although, the way she'd just looked at him, sort of eye-raping him" & “Let me leave you my number. Anything comes up, or if anyone bothers you-" "You're bothering me.”
Favorite Character - Pepper

I was surprised by how much i enjoyed this book! It had a good amount of suspense & a sprinkle of humor too. I don't think i have read anything else by this author but if all her books are like this i will certainly check them out :)
I liked Pepper a l
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
3 1/2 - 4 Stars

I have been a huge Lori Foster fan for many years and several of her books are on my all time favorites shelf....she has so many great books just thinking of them makes me want to reread several right now!!!!!

This was good but not a favorite but I have extremely high hopes for Bare It All and Getting Rowdy.

Floripiquita
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
Después de lo mucho que me gustaron los cuatro libros que conforman la serie Mercenarios de esta autora, que recomiendo encarecidamente, esperaba más de esta nueva serie. Esta primera entrega me ha sabido a ya leído, me ha parecido muy previsible y se me ha hecho un poco cuesta arriba. Espero que la cosa mejore en los próximos libros. Cruzo los dedos.
♥Rachel♥
Apr 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-book
This was entertaining but the narrator's cadence was a little stilted. His male voices were good but I wasn't thrilled with his performance of the female characters.

The story was fun and hot but a little too much is spent on secondary characters as setup for coming books.
Arantzazu
Entretenido y con enganche. Me han gustado más otros de la autora pero esta bien. Sin más ...
Eme
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
3 estrellas

Al final he conseguido disfrutar de la historia. El comienzo no me convencía para nada, los protagonistas me parecieron planos y superficiales. Logan me ha parecido un acosador que no aceptaba que Pepper intentaba evitarlo y, por otra parte, no soporto a los personajes que no tienen personalidad. Pepper veía a Logan y sus abdominales y ya no razonaba... En fin, que no me gustó para nada la relación que tiene porque no le veo desarrollo ni profundidad. Básicamente la autora te dice qu
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
Dear Ms.Foster,

I have been a big fan of your writing for quite a while. Jude's Law is one of my favorite romance novels. A funny thing has happened though. After your first book in the Men of Honor series I've DNF'd three or four of your books so far.

Why? Well, I can tell you why this one has been sitting unfinished like a sad puppy on my dresser since its release day.

1.) Pepper Yates. For some reason I could not stand Pepper. I understood why she was waffling and that she had a secret that ha
Trish
4.5 Stars
ARC copy provided by Net Galley

I have been in love with Lori's stories since picking up Simon Says (Fighter Series, Book Two) and she is an auto-buy for me. She writes how I wish I could-with passion, emotion, flavor, pizazz, and humor. LOVE LOVE LOVE HER...

So when I saw that she was starting another series, I cried for joy. After finishing her latest series, Men Who Walk The Edge of Honor, I have been pacing restlessly for more of her books. Honestly, I haven't come across a Foster no
Chiara Cilli
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Il libro di Logan e Pepper. Che posso dire per non sembrare una pazza con gli occhi a cuoricino? Ho amato questo libro ancor prima di comprarlo, quindi vi lascio immaginare! Logan è straordinario e bello da mozzare il fiato - ma soprattutto è un uomo che, nonostante si sia preso una bella sbandata per Pepper (ragazza all'apparenza davvero sciatta), le dà i suoi spazi e non le sta addosso. Cavolo, proprio l'uomo che mi ci vuole! La trama è sensazionale e, ovviamente, mi sono innamorata anche di t ...more
Kat (idangerous)
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lori Foster Fans and people who like Contemporary romance novels
6/3/12- *drools* o.o look at the man candy on the cover! makes me think of Erik in True Blood. *drools some more*

*Updated* 11/12/12

OMG!! LORI I LOVE YOU!! I really loved Logan in this! Then the surprise twist of his love interest! Dang! I didn't see that coming! I figured it was a jealous ex or something but nope! Then Reese, Logan and him work together, totally genius luv! I'd recommend this book to any Lori Foster fan, and people who want a book that is greatly written and leaves you wanting t
Pamela(AllHoney)
Run The Risk is the first in the new romantic suspense series Love Undercover by Lori Foster. Detective Logan Riske goes undercover to find a key witness in the murder of a friend of his. That leads him next door to Pepper Yates, the witness' sister.

While no real surprises, I still enjoyed it. The focus was more on the romance of Logan and Pepper but we got glimpses into the lives of the other characters who will be having their stories told. Ms Foster has always been a favorite author and she
Noelia
Una historia bastante entretenida, un bonito romance con un punto de misterio. La pareja protagonista me ha gustado y ya deja establecidas las próximas parejas, que pintan muy interesantes.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

5 Stars

I’ll be the first to admit that I have several authors on auto-buy. No matter what the book, I buy it because these authors don’t let me down. They consistently write quality books that keep me entertained and make me happy. Lori Foster is the first person who was on this list. I “discovered” her ages ago and I have since made it my mission to read everything she’s published and considering some of her older books were no longer available that left
Lexi
Aug 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received this as an ARC from NetGalley.

Run the Risk is a book full of romance, intrigue and action. Detective Logan Riske goes undercover to bring down the slimy, but well-connected Morton Andrews the man who is responsible for the murder of Jack Carmin, a friend of his. Morton owned a local club called Checkers and had plenty of cops on the take and looking the other way as he conducted his illegal activities. After Jack’s murder, a man named Rowdy Yates who worked as a bouncer at Checkers ga
  • Last Man Standing (Black Ops Inc., #7)
  • Under Fire (Elite Force, #3)
  • Vortex (Cutter Cay, #3)
  • If You Know Her (The Ash Trilogy, #3)
  • Shades of Temptation (SIG, #2)
  • Run to Me (Last Chance Rescue, #3)
  • 'Til Death (Rebel Ridge, #3)
  • Thrill Ride (Black Knights Inc., #4)
  • Shiver of Fear (The Guardian Angelinos, #2)
  • Show No Fear (SEAL Team 12, #7)
  • In the Air Tonight (Shadow Force, #3)
  • Against the Night (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #5)
  • One Wrong Move (McClouds & Friends #9)
  • Midnight Secrets (Wildefire, #1)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro

Love Undercover (4 books)
  • Bare It All (Love Undercover, #2)
  • Getting Rowdy (Love Undercover, #3)
  • Dash of Peril (Love Undercover, #4)
“Let me leave you my number. Anything comes up, or if anyone bothers you-"

"You're bothering me.”