Start by marking “Los conejitos aprenden Los Colores” as Want to Read:
Los conejitos aprenden Los Colores

Los conejitos aprenden Los Colores (Little Rabbit Books)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  585 Ratings  ·  94 Reviews
Learn about primary colors and discover how they mix with best-selling White Rabbit in this enchanting and educational Spanish language paperback.
Published April 25th 2003 by Kingfisher (first published March 20th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Los conejitos aprenden Los Colores, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Los conejitos aprenden Los Colores

Annette Taylor-james
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: colorful
This book is great for teaching about mixing colors put this book in your science center after reading to the children allow them to mix their colors following rabbit along his journey from white to guess what color? You will have to read it to find that out! The colors are vivid.
Clementine Lagarde
I love this book! This is a book for young children, it teaches them about colours that mix and become other colours.

One day white rabbit finds 3 pots of paint, red yellow and blue. She takes a fancy to sunshine yellow and jumps in the pot of paint! She then thinks the red paint looks interesting and jumps in that.... thus causing her to become orange! She quickly takes a shower to wash herself off. Then jumps back into the red paint followed by the blue paint turning herself purple. Princess pu
Slytano
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always tell kids that I can't see colors very well. Why do I tell them this lie? Because Mr. Rogers was colorblind, and if he could not see colors well, then I shouldn't, either.

Plus, I'm just looking for a way to introduce the idea to kids that we are all different.

Plus, I'm not really sure if I do see colors correctly, if you want to know the truth.

Anyway, a white rabbit keeps hopping into different colored buckets of paint and follows up on its absurd task by taking a shower. By the end of
Katrina
Jun 12, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 4-8 Year Olds Learning about Colors
Shelves: picture-books
This book teaches the secondary colors by illustrating a curiuos rabbit jumping into paint bowls of primary colors. This is one of of the only books like that I have found that teaches the three colors that make brown. Mouse Paint by Ellen Stolle Walsh has a better storyline in my book but the rabbit is cute too.
Krista
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Cute little book to teach little ones about color mixing. I really loved the ending of this book. My little girl is learning her colors and this book was perfect. Plus it's a cute enough read this she doesn't know it's teaching her anything. Hidden education! Love
Rebecca
One of the best color mixing books out there (because of course you rinse in between -- something Pete the Cat misses). Gorgeous, simple illustrations; fun to adapt to flannel, too.
Gela
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like it because it's has colors of the rainbow, except brown but I like brown too.
Adriana age 5.
Kay
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO CUTE. loved the illustrations.
simple book about primary and secondary colors.
the drawings were nostalgic for me for some reason..
Taylor
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“White Rabbit’s Color Book” by Alan Backer tells the story of white rabbit who finds three buckets of paint: one red, one blue, and one yellow. The rabbit begins to hop from bucket to bucket discovering that mixing two primary colors makes new colors like purple, orange and green. The white rabbit washes himself off after every color change, but runs dry of running water after he made himself green! After only having only a little bit of red paint left, our rabbit hops in and you’ll have to read ...more
Shawn
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
One of my absolutely favorite children's books. This is a book about white rabbit and how he, though his curiosity, gets into all kinds of colored paints. Teaching kids there colors, the enjoyment of painting, and experimentation with creativity, this book does so much in so few pages. Brilliantly illustrated I don't know of a single child who would not love this book.
Angela
One of my favorites to use at storytime at the library, this is a great way to introduce color mixing to young children. There's always a fun little moment of realization when the kids guess that the yellow rabbit jumping in the red paint will come out red - but then it's orange instead! I love to use this idea from the Sunflower Storytime blog to tell the story. It's gotten amazing reactions from the kids who think it's a magic trick! A thought-provoking story for kids with cute illustrations.
Terri Stuart

Baker, Alan. White Rabbit’s Color Book (1994). In this very colorful book rabbit starts out all white and fluffy, however, some very tempting buckets of paint coax rabbit to jump in and out changing her color with each new combination of colors. Rabbit jumps into buckets full of vibrant yellow, red, and blue paint, creating new colors, then washing off to create yet another color. What new color do we get when rabbit jumps into the red bucket then into the blue? This charming book teaches childr
Jaksen
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Okay, I am going to review the 'Rabbit' books, which my two grandsons just love.

Now, I've got an entire bookcase of children's books, some new, some old, some from my childhood, some from my daughter's childhood, but among them are the 'rabbit books' which we re-read, over and over and over ...

When the boys are here they always want books, and I say, get me five books, or six books, whatever. They ALWAYS select the rabbit books. (Seriously, I have about 100 or more books, boys.) :D

The funny thin
Tara Kollman
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is an adorable way to teach young children about colors. Firstly, if the child did not know what the title of the color corresponded to the specific shade, a student can learn through this book. Also, this book teaches to students what happens when you mix colors. I would use this book in a classroom in grades K-1. I think the students would enjoy and laugh at the book when the bunny changes to funny colors. The book first starts off with mixing red and yellow makes orange. Then the b ...more
Katie
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, storytime
I just love this book, especially the illustrations. The darling rabbit discovers three pots of paint, and hops in each one, seeing how the colors mix oh her fur. After discovering new colors she washes off, and starts fresh. The narrative is descriptive, but doesn't talk down to readers. Children are able to guess what color the rabbit will be when she emerges from the paint pots. The illustrations do a wonderful job of telling the story, enabling children to follow the story without being able ...more
Benjamin
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All careful parents must be mindful of the media their children consume, and this book is a stark reminder of that fact. White Rabbit, a thinly veiled prototype for the generic Aryan girl, is contaminated with a number of colors. Benign resistance proves futile, and her only recourse is to permanently accept the role of the brown uniform in her life.

I kid. This is a fun little story about mixing primary colors. It promotes curiosity and adaptability. It is not Neo-Nazi propaganda. But your toddl
Jennifer Heise
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: colors, beekman, kids, rabbits
It's really a pity that Alan Baker's Rabbit books are no longer in print. In this charming volume, a family favorite, White Rabbit (messily) hops into one and then another of 3 primary color paints, showering off between color combos. But when she tries the last combination (green) she discovers she's out of water-- and finishes up by coloring herself brown by hopping into the red! The short text on each page makes it a quick read, and the rabbit is drawn doing un-rabbity things in a rabbity way ...more
Kathryn
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful picture book option for children around the ages of three to four, this story is more of a lesson on primary and secondary colors than a story itself, but is put in a fun, easy to understand, and enlightening way. As a young rabbit hops into different tubs of paint to observe what color he will becomes, and washes clean to begin again, children are able to learn about the combination and formation of colors. I did a small lesson using this book for a curriculum class I am currently t ...more
Mary
This is a great book about colors and how they mix together to make new ones. A rabbit finds three different tubs of paint: one yellow, one red, and one blue. He experiments with all of the colors and finds which ones mix together and make new colors. At the end, he can wash no more and he mixes all three to make brown. He began the story as a white rabbit and ended as a brown one. A great story for young ones learning about colors!
Katie Hibbard
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With the simple but beautiful illustrations, this book can be a great resource to use to teach children how to mix colors together; it is a fun way to introduce primary colors and what can be done when they are mixed together. Sometimes colors don't quite mix; I loved how White Rabbit solves his little problem in the end with the colors that he has. This is a really cute book that should be read to children that are learning their colors.
Destiny Thompson
This book teaches children how to mix primary colors in order to create secondary colors, and eventually results in all the colors being mixed to crate brown. The white rabbit baths and in colors creating a rainbow of colors. Children enjoy this book, and don't even now they are learning how to create new colors. This book can be used to teach about animals, not just colors. Great Book!
Samantha
A white rabbit experiments with color by playing in buckets of paint. Colors are also associated with qualities and characteristics in text and in between colors the rabbit showers, returning to its white fur, so that further color combinations are possible.

A great read aloud, like Mouse Paint, for a color storytime.
Becky B
Curious white rabbit hops in various tubs of paint in different combinations ending up with all the primary colors at various times, and - thanks to a handy shower - all the secondary colors at various times, ending eventually with brown.

A cute and simple book for kids learning about primary and secondary colors. White rabbit is a cute fellow to follow around as he experiments with colors.
Morgan
This book is about a rabbit who wants to be a different color other than white. When the rabbit takes a bath in different bowls of paint her discovers how mixing different colors together can make other colors. I love this concept book and is great for a Kindergarten classroom or an art mini lesson.
Ashley
Sep 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book teaches the secondary colors by illustrating a curiuos rabbit jumping into paint bowls of primary colors. This is one of of the only books like that I have found that teaches the three colors that make brown. This would be a great book to teach primary and secondary colors. Thsi would be good for K-2
Alicia
Jul 13, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, science
Okay, it's nice to teach kids what color mix together to make what color, but none of these books seem to teach that to make orange it takes far more yellow than it does red, and to make green it takes far more yellow than blue, and to make purple it takes more blue than red. All these books seem to imply and equal mixture of the colors. I find this frustrating and misleading.
Lindsey
Mar 23, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-book, animals
When White Rabbit finds three tubs of yellow, blue, and red paint, she has all kinds of fun learning about colors. She finds out that when you mix two colors, it makes a new color. This was very easy to read book. It would be appropriate for teaching younger children about primary and secondary colors.
Crystal
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: february
This book is a darling way to teach children about colors and mixing colors. This book is written as more of a story than a textbook. Writing this way caught my attention and I think will catch children's attention well! It is fun book and there are many good activities that could go along with this book.
Rachel Dalton
This is a fun way to help your students learn how to make secondary colors. It also is a great prediction book! I would definitely use this book with some kind of discovery art activity. I have the Spanish version of the book and want to get the English edition.
Caroline Raines
I really loved this book because it reminded me of the book Mouse Paint where they mix the colors and discover new colors. I love books about color and I thought the art in this book was particularly cute.
  • Blue Goose
  • Dog's Colorful Day: A Messy Story About Colors and Counting
  • Cat's Colors
  • The Deep Blue Sea: A Book of Colors
  • Wow! Said the Owl
  • 10 Hungry Rabbits: Counting & Color Concepts
  • Lemons Are Not Red (Ala Notable Book(Awards)) (Neal Porter Books)
  • Butterfly Butterfly: A Book of Colors
  • Max's ABC
  • Windblown
  • My Crayons Talk
  • Mix It Up!
  • Today Is Monday
  • What Does Bunny See?: A Book of Colors and Flowers
  • What Will Fat Cat Sit On?
  • Color Dance
  • When Pigasso Met Mootisse
  • Picture a Tree
See this thread for more information.
More about Alan Baker...

Little Rabbit Books (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Black and White Rabbit's ABC
  • Gray Rabbit's 123
  • Brown Rabbit's Day (Little Rabbit Books)
  • Gray Rabbit's Odd One Out