Start by marking “The Iron Legends (The Iron Fey, #1.5, 3.5, 4.5)” as Want to Read:
The Iron Legends (The Iron Fey, #1.5, 3.5, 4.5)

The Iron Legends

(The Iron Fey #1.5, 3.5, 4.5)

Summer, Winter, Iron.
Together at last.

Dangerous faeries. Heartbreaking romance. Thrilling action and limitless adventure. The world of the fey has never been so powerful. This collection includes three novellas set in the world of The Iron Fey plus the expanded Guide to the Nevernever and exclusive information about Julie Kagawa's unforgettable world of Faery.

Winter's Pass
Published August 28th 2012 by Harlequin Teen

To ask other readers questions about The Iron Legends, please sign up.
Hajra Um, you can read it alone, but you won't get half of it cause it connects information and stuff with the series. It really should be read after the fo…moreUm, you can read it alone, but you won't get half of it cause it connects information and stuff with the series. It really should be read after the fourth book. (less)

Start your review of The Iron Legends (The Iron Fey, #1.5, 3.5, 4.5)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
This was a book of three novella's about the Iron Fey. I enjoyed them and learned some little things in between or after the other books that I didn't know.

I love the little pictures the author added of Ash, Puck and Grim. They are so cute! ❤

Also, at the end of this book you get A Guide To The Iron Fey. This includes:

1. The Original Survival Guide To The NeverNever ~ It tells some really cool information!

2. Character Biographies And Useful Information ~ This tells about the main characters and
shady boots
I absolutely adore this cover. But, I have to say one thing.

There's no fiery red hair, there's no sly smirk. There's absolutely no Puck-ness about the model portraying Puck. D: It sucks.

Ooh, that rhymed.

Anyways, I've already read Winter's Passage & Summer's Crossing, so I kind of re-read those but to be honest I skimmed through them due to my overwhelming excitement to read Iron's Prophecy. But it felt so good to hang out with the main trio again after the lack of them in The Lost Prince.

Speakin
Haleema
Dear God. The Puck on the cover is atrocious. That is not how I pictured him. First of all, WHERE IS HIS RED HAIR? And his expression. It screams, "What the hell is going on." Not, "I'm-so-sexy-I-make-Haleema-uncomfortable."

You know who I think is an excellent Puck?

description

That's Xavier Samuel Puck.

He has Puck written all over his face. All he needs is pointy ears, red hair, and green eyes.

You know? Like this:

Thank you, Anna!
Elena
Sep 04, 2012 marked it as to-read
Is it just me, or does this look vaguely familiar?

description description

Anyway.

Julie.
You've got to be kidding me.
THAT IS NOT, IN ANY WAY, PUCK.

THAT'S JUST A CASUAL PASSENGER WHO HAPPENED TO WALK BY WHILE YOU WERE TAKING A PICTURE OF ASH AND MEGHAN. THAT'S IT, ISN'T IT? I MUST BE RIGHT.
This casual passenger's expression screams "what the fuck is happening", while my Puck's would be like, "hey there, what's up? I know I'm hot, stop drooling."
SO I THINK I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. PUCK WAS ON HIS WAY BUT SINCE HE'S, WEL
Souma BookAddict

These stories are very quick reads and just fill in some of the story between the main novels.
Some important information is revealed for the next spin-off books and I did enjoy the guide at the back. Other than that , not really necessary to read them.
Kristalia
Final rating: 3.5/5 stars

FIRST OF ALL: I would really suggest that you read these specials in their right order. And to read them too, without skipping because these short stories impact the main plot and it will make you understand some things later on.
There were some interesting information about the world building and customs and characters and it was fun to read about. I love Julie Kagawa and her talent for writing :D
____________________________________________

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
Emily Elizabeth
Uhm... Julie Kagawa hugged me and gave me a copy of this, which she personalized for me.
asldnf;algknsd;fgsn;dfgn;sdfg;skn
mariebearxx
*UPDATE*
09/01/2012

*gapes at the book cover*

UNBELIEVABLE.
HOW COULD YOU DO THIS, MS. JULIE??
THIS IS A FREAKIN' CLIFFHANGER!

How could you end a novella like THAT? Especially of ASH's and MEGHAN's...ummm..story??

Un-freaking-believable.
I think I just died there a little, Julie.
And this isn't funny.
I'm going crazy. With capital K.

*sighs*
I need to wait for Ethan's book!
How much longer????

******************************************
OHMYGOD! I just opened my Twitter account and saw Ms. Kagawa's latest twee
Robin (Bridge Four)
Dec 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Winters Passage:

Set right after The Iron King. Ash has come to take Meghan back to Mag and the Winter court to fulfill the terms of their deal. Meghan is determined to keep the promise she made she only asks to go and see Puck before setting out to be held captive by Queen Mab for who know how long. But Oberon wants his daughter back in the Summer court and has sent something to bring her home.

This is a good look into the struggle that Ash faces as he knows the rules of Faery and while he cares
Carolyn F.
I only read one of the short stories. I plan on reading the rest in the future.

1. Winter's Passage. I know Meghan is trying to be all noble and stuff, but she appears really stupid. She should take Ash's warning and run with it, literally. 4 stars
eileen
Apr 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Okay, so I have a story to go with The Iron Legends. So after I bought it, I did some happy dancing, a little drooling, and a LOT of fangirling.

In case you didn't know, I absolutely VIOLATED my copy of The Iron Legends. See:

By the end of the day there were a lot more Post-It flags. A LOT. But anyways, when I was in the process of violating my copy of The Iron Legends (color coded with kissing scenes, pictures, pretty scenes, and new characters) my couch ate my Post-It flags! One m
Stephanie
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I'm so sad that this series is over :( I'm gonna miss it so much. It's so amazing and it's one of my favorite series now.
I gave Winter's Passage 5/5 Lily Pads because it was amazing and Meghan and Ash are my OTP.
I also gave Summer's Crossing 5/5 Lily Pads because it was awesome and I loved reading in Puck's POV. The only thing I hated was how short it was. After I read the last sentence I was like "That's It?"
And then finally of course I gave Iron's Prophecy 5/5 Lily Pads because it was an amaz
Indah
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Winter's Passage : 3,5 stars
Summer's crossing : 4,5 stars
Iron's Prophecy: 4,5 stars

So glad to have read this: great novellas and it's so good to read Julie Kagawa's work again. Adore her books!
Ferdy
Oct 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
Spoilers

Winter's Passage

This was really boring. Meghan has to travel to the Winter Court with Ash for some reason or other, naturally they have to fight bad guys on their journey and angst about their oh so fragile feelings for each other.
Meghan was so blah — all she did was think about how much she wuved Ash even when he was treating her like shit. Of course, he claims to only treat her like dirt to protect her… puhleaze… He was a bastard because he loved being a dick to a sixteen year old gir
Chester Carstairs
Aug 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-extras
Brilliant.

Seriously, you'd think it's a waste to buy a book that only contains extra short stories but this one's really, really worth it. Kagawa can write 5million more adventures of the trio, and Grimalkin, of course, and I'll buy and read it all.

There'll be The Iron Fey Series spoilers so beware!

Puck *sighs dreamily* Puck is still the greatest prankster of all time. I was a bit scared thinking about how he'll react when he saw Meghan again. That, and the news she carried. I should've known he
Steffi au Penguinbooks
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
Know that I'm with you always, even if you can't see me.

The Iron Legacy contains of the three short-stories

1.5: Winter's Passage, 3 stars
This one showed us how the journey of Meghan and Ash arriving at the Winter Court. Well, as Meghan had been again the naiv, slightly foolish little girl, I did not like this one so much. However, I was surprised by the appearance of someone ....

3.5: Summer's Crossing, 4 stars
This one was written in Puck's pov and my only thought was "YES". Finally we got see i
Soumi
Apr 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Screw Ash..my Puck on the cover...*faints*
Marjolein
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: already-bought
Lovely addition to the Iron Fey series. I loved going back to that world for a few additional adventures. I really hope the last story was the set up for the spin of series (that I still have to read), because that would be awesome. The addition of the survival guide was amazing, I've laughed out loud a few times reading those few pages.
Jamie Coudeville
The first two stories were a bit boring but the third was a nice set-up for the new trilogy.
Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)

The Iron Legends, I think, is an anthology that many TIF fans have long been waiting for and it was so worth the wait! Not only do we finally get printed copies of Julie Kagawa's two fabulous novellas previously released in ebook format, Winter's Passage and Summer's Crossing, but new stuff too!! A new novella, Iron's Prophecy, which serves as a bridge from the original Iron Fey books to Julie's new trilogy The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, featuring Ethan (Meghan's younger brother all grown
Erika
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Iron Fey and people planning of reading The Lost Prince
So I think I need to get something out of my system first...
That Puck on the cover is not Puck! He's a Puck wannabe! Where is Puck's read hair and while I was looking at the cover I thought his eyes were blue (I'm not sure if they are just extremely light green or actually blue). He also looks like he's glaring at Meghan or he's in pain. No! That is not Puck. I...I'm disappointed. There was a better Puck on the back of my copy of The Iron Knight!

Ok I'm done.

So I already read Winter's Passage and
Maria
Sep 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, e-book, ya
Ash. *beams* it's always been you...! Ahem.

*****

Well, I've read Winter's Passage and Summer's Crossing on separate occasions. Winter's was intriguing while Summer's was hilarious. As for the Iron Prophecy, it was a perfect short story to follow The Iron Knight. If you read Ash's story, then you know how much you still want to know about Ash and Meghan after Ash's incredible journey to the End of the World.

The Iron Legends answered some of the lingering questions I had. Add to that the newly impr
Sylvia
I need this actual book comprised of three novella's, the guide to Nevernever and an excerpt of The Lost Prince. So full of amazing stories and goodies for us to treasure always. I really enjoyed reading all the character bio's, the descriptions of each Kingdom and about the Nevernever as a whole. Such a great book that I recommend to all those who have read The Iron Fey series. Next for this series is a BLOODY MOVIE DEAL!! That would be EPIC!! Can you imagine Ash on the big screen with his icy- ...more
Taschima
Apr 26, 2012 marked it as to-read
I always wanted the novelas to be in print so I could add them to my collection, so hurray for this book!

As always I like the title, I like the details of the cover... I just don't like the models. That is not my Ash, or Puck, or Meghan really. I don't know, it's a weird photo. I think the one that looks the best and in character is Puck. He looks very Fae. Overall not my favorite cover, my least favorite I would have to say, but again it isn't horrible.
Amy
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited to read this because I didn't wanted to leave Nevernever yet but this turned out quite as a disappointment :( I didn't really liked the first story, and I skipped most of Puck's story too (because I still can't really connect with him and I think his story was boring). Only the last story was okay, and it makes me curious for The Lost Prince (which I won't be reading soon since I do not have the second and last book from COTF) but that's about it. 2 stars.
Edrillan (vampire junkie)
Ooooohhhhh im so excited about this but only because of the IRON PROPHECY novella 'cause it takes place after the IRON KNIGHT novel and I really want to know more about what happened after that ...especially in PUCK, ASH and MEGHAN so yeah I can't for this... no seriously I'm dying here waiting.... Is tomorrow August already?????
Say
Apr 26, 2012 marked it as to-read
I JUST MENTIONED A FEW HOURS AGO HOW FREAKING SWEEEEETTTT THE COVER OF THE LOST PRINCE....AND THEN I OPENED MY FACEBOOK AND SAW THIS, AND I GOTTA FIND IT HERE IN GOODREADS, AND I'VE GOTTA SAY.............THIS IS OVER THE TOP FREAKING SWEEEETTTTT..........THE EPIC THREE (I CALL IT!)...........OMG!!! JUST FREAKING SWEEEEEEEETTTTTTEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!!
Riv
Mar 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This. Book. Was. Amazing. It has snarky Grim inserted everywhere, and PWETTY PUCK PICTURES. (Try saying THAT five times fast.)
Ozana Ozzy
Great extra novels to Iron Fey series. It fills the story of charcters from books of Iron Fey series.
Hannah
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-read, fantasy
I absolutely love this series, and this was a welcome addition to the series!
Anyone else feel Ash and Puck should be I dunno...hotter? 11 71 Mar 18, 2015 07:08PM
I Love Puck! 4 12 Oct 31, 2014 02:51PM
International Gir...: Win a SIGNED copy of The Iron Legends!! 3 146 Jun 06, 2013 05:35PM
Which was your favorite story? 3 18 Dec 28, 2012 02:34PM
~!The Young Adult...: The Iron Legends (short stories) 1 10 Jun 28, 2012 04:50PM

• The Runaway Princess (The Runaway Princess, #1)
  • Die for Her (Revenants, #2.5)
  • DragonSpell (DragonKeeper Chronicles, #1)
  • Spiel um dein Schicksal (Night of Crowns, #1)
  • The Goddess Legacy (Goddess Test, #2.5)
  • Tiger's Quest (The Tiger Saga, #2)
  • Happily Ever After & Everything In Between
  • Schatten der Vergangenheit (Maya und Domenico, #5)
  • Liefde heelt alle wonden (Maaike & Domenico, #9)
  • Dubbel verliefd (Maaike en Domenico #7)
  • Maya und Domenico: Die krasse Geschichte einer ungewöhnlichen Freundschaft
  • So nah und doch so fern (Maya und Domenico, #4)
  • Für immer und ewig? (Maya und Domenico, #6)
  • Bitte bleib bei mir! (Maya und Domenico, #8)
  • Entscheidung mit Folgen (Maya und Domenico, #3)
  • Liebe zwischen zwei Welten (Maya und Domenico, #2)
  • Storybound (Storybound #1)
  • The BFG: A Set of Plays

The Iron Fey (8 books)
  • The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
  • The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2)
  • The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3)
  • The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4)
  • The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)
  • The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)
  • The Iron Warrior (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #3)
  • The Iron Raven (The Iron Fey: Evenfall, #1)