Start by marking “Goodnight Bro” as Want to Read:
Goodnight Bro

Goodnight Bro

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  339 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
A Simon & Schuster eBook
Published October 2nd 2012 by Touchstone (first published October 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Goodnight Bro, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goodnight Bro

Rdee
Jul 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another incredibly witty and hilarious novel from the Barney Stinson series. I love the twisted but well meaning advice on how to take care and raise a baby Barney-style (providing a stereotypical view of someone with a very general knowledge on babies). As an added bonus, the funny anecdotes ("Goldieslut and the Three Bros") and nursery rhymes ("The Boobs on the Bus") provide extra "laugh-out-loud" moments.

A very fun and light read, this is highly recommended for those moments when you just wa
Stephanie
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
hilarious!!!
Jessi
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To any damn of HIMYM and is an exciting or new parent, this is a must-read.
Keri Payton
So, you want to be parent/are going to be a parent/are a new parent? Congratulations! Your life is over. The good news is there is still hope for your offspring. Indefinite bachelor Barney Stinson gives you all the advice you’ll need to make sure that your baby grows up to be legen- wait for it…

Being a fan of Stinson's previous works - 'The Bro Code' and 'The Playbook' - it was a no-brainer that I would purchase this volume when I happened upon its existence. Sure, I am not a parent, nor do I ha
Les Chroniques Aléatoires
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Nous y sommes! Voici le dernier tome du célèbre Bro-code, le guide aussi pourrave de la planète. Malgré cela, je l’adore !

Cette fois, nous parlons de la maternité et paternité. Oui vous avez bien lu maternité et pour cause, Barney s’adresse aux deux partis dans ce tome. Ce qui est marrant c’est qu’il vous apprends du début à la fin à concevoir, gérer et largué votre rejeton.

Dès les premières pages, il explique comment draguer au préalable (donc trouver le bon parti), et bien entendu l’histoire d
Sebastien
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other
J'ai lu ce livre peu de temps après la naissance de ma fille et je dois dire qu'une partie de moi était insulté par la joke et surtout par le côté immature de Barney. Cependant, avec du recul, je dois dire que c'est la raison pourquoi ce livre est un succès. Il choque les parents et fera rire ceux qui ne le sont pas. Barney est l'antithèse du bon parent. C'est le gars que tous les papa comme moi espère jamais entendre parlé par leur fille. Un baiseur professionnel qui a peu de respect pour les f ...more
Richard Kelly
The fourth book in the Bro Code series takes a refreshing step away from picking up women. This is not to say it isn't still crude and overly sexual. It is in fact more graphic and vulgar than the other books in the series.

This one made me laugh more. A lot of the jokes are downright offensive, but very funny. It could very easily offend many parents. But, at the same time it has a lot to say that is truthful. The book has a good balance of idiotic comments that could only be made by a egotistic
Chris Edwards
Aug 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so funny. So offside. Probably moreso if you know the character of Barney Stinson.

Favourite parts (too many to list...):

Finding out you're pregnant is the most exciting discovery you will ever make, next to stumbling upon one of those conjoined peanut M&M's... - p. 18

Naming your child is also one of the most terrifying things you will ever do. Screw up now and your child could spend the entirety of junior high crammed inside his locker because you thought the name Gayden was,
Clacie
Jun 11, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book
Are you a parent or considering becoming a parent? Are you a fan of HIMYM and the often hilarious, always awesome character Barney Stinson? If you answered yes to either of these questions, then this is the book for you! The audio version is narrated by Barney himself and is an awesome narration. Way to go NPH! This book/audio made me LOL. I did get tired of it after a while, which is why I'm only giving it a 3. If you're a fan of the show, definitely check it out.
Michelle
Oct 05, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, non-fiction
Book was totally written from what Barney would say or do. I enjoyed the images and stories, along with the advice. Had some classic tales like "Goldieslut and the three Bros". Best parody stories were "Goonight Bro" and "Alexander and the Awesome, Legendary, Epic, Very Kickass Day". My favorite nursery rhyme was "Jack and jill" :

Jack and Jill went all the way
To end their first blind date.
Jack snuck home and failed to phone
Till Jill found out she's late.
Lily
Aug 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
No me he podido reír más con este libro.
Ya todos (o muchos) conocemos el personaje de Barney Stinson (aunque admito no haber terminado de ver la serie) y el libro desborda Barney Stinson por los cuatro costados.
Un libro divertido sobre como "ser padres" desde un punto de vista mamarracho y cañero. Imprescindible si se es fan de lecturas ágiles y sobre todo, si se es fan de Barney Stinson
David Meyer
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don't get too excited friends/family. I'm probably not as awesome as the title would suggest - I just wanted to read the book. Like the other books in the Barney Stinson series, this is well written, witty, and stays very true to the character. The illustrations are few and far between, but add some great humor when used.
Don Corleone
Nov 27, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Malísimo libro, trata de tener el humor de Barney Stinson, pero en la medida que uno va avanzando en la lectura se vuelve aburrido... me pareció tan malo el libro que no fui capaz de terminarlo, lo leí hasta la mitad y lo dejé de lado

La estrella que le doy, es por los dibujos que tiene...están buenisimos
E
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: prenatal, babies
A humor book given to my husband, it was pretty much exactly what I expected. It has no real advice on raising babies or being pregnant, but is a fun bathroom read if you like Barney Stinson. The stars are for what it is, in that context.
Kayra Guven
This book was okay. It wasn't as funny as was expecting it to be and my expectations weren't very high after The Bro Code. Barney Stinson might be my favorite character in HIMYM, but I don't seem enjoy his books at all.
Richelle
Nov 13, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I thought this would be funnier, but quickly into it, I remembered that the Barney Stinson character is my least favorite on HIMYM. Big fans of the character will like it, though. I did have at least one lol.
Rika Safrina
Feb 09, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
"Whether or not you want to know your child's gender is a personal question with no right or wrong answer. In fact, many parents are still unsure years and years later... Just ask Mr and Mrs Bieber." xD Hilarious!
Jo
Mar 21, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not that funny
Ivy
Nov 18, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was LegendARY!
Jules
Mar 15, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comedy, humor, audio, tv-tie-in
Read by Neil Patrick Harris, the comedy of HIMYM comes through with every word. Better than read it yourself, I guess (I read the original Bro Code), but it's still good fun.
Claudio
Enjoyable, silly humour, nothing to write home about.
Andrea Plouffe
May 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
huge fan of the show, love barney, but the book blew.
Danielle Joy
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
hilarious :)
Sara
Jan 01, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was hoping for more. This one was not as good as the previous books.
Tedi31
Mar 02, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home-shelf, humor
Bought: March 2, 2014
Location: Booksale (MCS)
Price: P140
Crystal
Funny but not as funny as the others. A little short though since I finished it in less than 30 minutes.
Tia Marie
  • When I Was A Kid 2
  • Anon. (Anon, #1)
  • The Universe: From Flat Earth to Quasar
  • This Year's Model
  • My Dating Disasters Diary (Diaries of Kelly Ann, #3)
  • Any Red-Blooded Girl (The Flora Fontain Files #1)
  • Driving Like Crazy: Thirty Years of Vehicular Hell-bending, Celebrating America the Way It's Supposed To Be -- With an Oil Well in Every Backyard, a ... of the Federal Reserve Mowing Our Lawn
  • How I Slept My Way to the Middle: Secrets and Stories from Stage, Screen, and Interwebs
  • The Gold Standard: Rules to Rule By
  • Shootin' the Shit with Kevin Smith: The Best of the SModcast
  • Getting to 50/50: How Working Parents Can Have It All
  • The Smartest Book in the World: A Lexicon of Literacy, A Rancorous Reportage, A Concise Curriculum of Cool
  • When a Dad Says "I Love You"
  • Real Men Don't Eat Quiche
  • The Pillow Boy of the Lady Onogoro
  • The Ice Opinion: Who Gives a Fuck?
  • Between Barack and a Hard Place: Racism and White Denial in the Age of Obama