Start by marking “ZooBorns The Next Generation: Newer, Cuter, More Exotic Animals from the World's Zoos and Aquariums” as Want to Read:

ZooBorns the Next Generation may be the most adorable baby animal book ever created! Featuring full-color photos and fascinating facts on exotic baby animals from every corner of the globe, this collection is irresistible to any animal lover.

The new generation of zoo babies will reset the standard for devastating cuteness.

From the creators of the smash hit ZooBorns series of b
Published November 6th 2012 by Simon Schuster

To ask other readers questions about ZooBorns The Next Generation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ZooBorns The Next Generation

karen
Nov 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing

BABY ANIMALS!!!

yeah, yeah, yeah, this is a silly little book to review, but i am well behind in my reviewing, and i can do this one quick and dirty, while i formulate my deep thoughts on the meatier books.

and, besides, when was the last time i reviewed a book of cute animals?? oh, wait, i guess if you count Underwater Dogs, it hasn't been that long at all, but it feels long! deal with it, because this book is even better than the first one, and way better than the one that is just baby cats. i wanna see baby cats, i have the internet, thank
Bonnie
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
ZooBorns The Next Generation was kindly provided to me by Netgalley for Simon & Schuster.
Expected publication: November 6th 2012

Holy cuteness. Seriously. Being a huge fan of the daily ZooBorns e-mails I knew I had to check this out for even more adorable animals. The baby tigers and baby lions always get to me but it's always fun seeing pictures of some animal that I've never even knew existed. Fantastic photography including a small description of the baby animals life. This is a
Melinda Brasher
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Though not as cute and charming as the original, this was still very enjoyable, with some darling animals and interesting facts. I recommend reading the original first.
Serena
Dec 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Starting with Polar Bears and progressing through a myriad of other species to end with aardvarks, this books uses pictures of baby animals as the background for teaching the reader about endangered species. The text discusses each animal shown and tells you where the animal resided at the time of the books publication. The type is too small and the words used too advanced for this to be a children's book. However, I think that little children will enjoy the pictures. The presentation of facts s ...more
Xenos
May 20, 2019 rated it liked it
This is the second "ZooBorns" book given to me by my mother-in-law. These are lovely books, albeit much too short in my opinion.
Jen
While I really liked this book, there were several minor annoyances and at least one major screw-up in the text. All of the pictures were wonderful, but for many of them it was not possible to see how big or small the newborns were, which was disappointing. And the information shared on the various species represented was fascinating, but I can't help but wonder if it was all correct, given the errors in the book. :-(

I was also disappointed that not all of the species' educational tidbits inclu
Christyn
This is my second ZooBorns book, and once again, I loved it! The pictures were, of course, absolutely adorable! This one also had the benefit of having animal facts actually on the page with the picture(s) instead of in the back of the book like ZooBorns!: Zoo Babies from Around the World. Some of the information you'll find include species name, status and some interesting facts about that animal. Some of the animals natural habitat's are also mentioned (particularly if they are vulnerable/threatened ...more
Alex
Jul 30, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Thoughts: ZooBorns: The Next Generation is an adorable collection of photographs about adorable babies in Zoos all over the world - and okay, some of the babies aren't that pretty but they are cute. The photographs come with short texts describing the baby in particular and something about it's history and status (if it's an endangered or not).

It's not heavy reading, but it was fun to look at the photographs and learn little factoids about these furry cuties. My heart melted with
Pam
May 26, 2015 rated it liked it
How can I possibly rate these books as the audience already has-these books can't stay on the shelf in elementary schools throughout the country. Delightfully cute, the books are a major attraction for good reason. While there is a short writeup on each animal, the data is not consistent for them all. I wish the author had consistently provided information like their native location, their size at birth and adulthood, and a small photo of an adult. There are so many unique animals that we rarely ...more
Alison McDonough
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Holy cuteness! I'm a sucker for animals and even more so for baby animals- these babies are so cute you want to eat them with a spoon. I love how the author identifies the status of the animals (ie. endangered, least concern) and it's heartwarming to know what these zoos and aquariums have done to conserve the different species. So hard to pick favs but love the Geoffrey's Spider Monkey, Prsewalki horse foal, and the Kalsi the baby cheetah. Awwwwww!
frogfairie
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I rarely give a book 5 stars but there was no way around it here. Not only are there pages & pages of cuteness to make your heart smile, but I love that there's also info for each creature. It surprised me how many little critters I'd never heard of before. I'll be working my way through this whole series.
Jill
May 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Great read with my son. We loved all the pictures and there is just enough information given that it isn't overwhelming and keeps the attention of young readers (4 yr. old). Lots of cool interesting facts and introduces you to new animals.
Jeanne
Jan 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Very exotic animals, many I've never heard of before, all living in zoos around the world. Some of these animals are not very cute at all!
Alison
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute books with adorable photos and interesting facts.
Christina
Dec 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Christina by: B&N new release table
Shelves: animals, photography
3.5 stars. Short book full of great photos of baby animals, with several very unusual ones. Photos are accompanied by brief facts about the animals.
Karel Baloun
Cuuuute.
Christine
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lian, pleasure
I read the first book of this series and I liked all the cute animals. They tell you the names of the animals and where they live. I think that the book was well written.
Nathan  Moynihan
Jul 05, 2014
Heather
Nov 24, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Andrew Bleiman is a lifelong animal nerd who serves on the Auxiliary Boards of the Lincoln Park Zoo and Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. In his day job he develops new media strategy for the Bradford Group.