Start by marking “Cooking Italian with the Cake Boss: Family Favorites as Only Buddy Can Serve Them Up” as Want to Read:

TLC’s beloved Buddy Valastro is not only a master baker and the Cake Boss, he’s also a great cook and star of the hit show, Kitchen Boss. Now he shares 100 delicious, essential Italian-American recipes—from his grandmother’s secret dishes to his personal favorites—with his own signature touches that make dinner a family event.

TLC’s beloved Buddy Valastro is not only a mast
Published November 6th 2012 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about Cooking Italian with the Cake Boss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cooking Italian with the Cake Boss

Mary
Mar 12, 2014 Mary rated it really liked it
I cook a lot of Italian food, all homemade, as taught by my family since I was a little girl. It takes a lot to inspire me to read an Italian cookbook. This was a goodie! Beautiful pics, different types of food, uncomplicated recipes...not the usual fare. Recommended for lovers of cookbooks, food, and those looking to expand their cooking expertise.
Darren
Dec 14, 2012 Darren rated it really liked it
Buddy Valastro, Cake Boss and Carlo’s Bake Shop might not mean much to people who don't live in New York or who have not watched various TLC cookery programmes, but Valastro is a larger-than-life Italian-American who makes great cakes. Now, through this book, he is showing you that he (and thus you) can equally make great Italian food.

The book is not going to disappoint, nor, perhaps, amaze. It is not that kind of book. It is a book with honest-to-goodness from-the-heart sort of advice, recipes
Janastasia Whydra
There are just some chefs, cooks, and bakers that I have a food-geek obsession with and Buddy Valastro is one of them. This cookbook provides many recipes that I can not wait-- but unfortunately I'll have to --to try out on my own. Although none of the recipes are specifically categorized as for a particular holiday, I think there are plenty of recipes that would be appropriate for certain occasions. Some of the recipes that I'm looking forward to making are: Gloria's Fried Artichokes, Mozzarell ...more
Naomi Blackburn
Jan 03, 2013 Naomi Blackburn rated it it was amazing
Read my full review @ http://bit.ly/112tjnx

My opinion: I loved this cookbook. Buddy pulled together a nice selection of recipes with some beautiful pictures of the completed dishes.

One of my favorite things about this cookbook is that the most novice house chefs can make these recipes with the step-by-step instructions. The book includes a section of notes to work with the cooks as to how to use the book, Italian pantry basics and a little background on Buddy. The only thing that would have mad
Melissa
Nov 24, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it
I had the opportunity to meet Buddy recently at a book signing. He hugged everyone there! Very nice man, no different than what you see on TV.

I'm of Polish and German heritage, but my favorite foods are Italian. I've bought a few cookbooks over the years, but Buddy's is the first where I nearly used up a stack of Post-It notes! Looking forward to trying them all out.
Beth
Aug 20, 2013 Beth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking
Basic easy Italian recipes. I have made the Stuffed Peppers, Chicken Piccata, and Mushroom side dish and they were all simple and delish. I would recommend this to those beginning to cook, they ones that have the basic skills but aren't afraid to improvise. I used to love to watch the show on my lunch hour, I miss it!
Sallee
Feb 02, 2013 Sallee rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Beautiful mouthwatering pictures.Yummy authentic Italian recipes. There were quite a few that I can't wait to try. People don't realize that he is a talented cook as well as a fantastic baker. This book was a joy to read.
Dominique
Aug 18, 2014 Dominique rated it really liked it
Who doesn`t like Italian? Easy to read and to follow. A family book and cookbook at the same time ...more
Barbara
Jan 01, 2013 Barbara rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this cookbook. Many of the recipes are ones from my childhood. Each recipe was prefaced with a story of his family. I might make one of them tomorrow.
Jon
Jon rated it really liked it
May 01, 2013
Laura Duffield Biegger
Laura Duffield Biegger rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Cassandra
Cassandra rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2017
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2013
Carrie
Carrie rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2015
Charles
Charles rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2012
Danielle Miller Euker
Danielle Miller Euker rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2016
Morgan
Morgan rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2013
Gabriella
Gabriella rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2014
Tammy
Tammy rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2013
Omar
Omar rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2015
Cláudia
Jan 28, 2015 Cláudia rated it really liked it
Boas Receitas... Ontem já experimentei uma delas!;)
Um Molho delicioso para salada! :-P
Jaimi Rachelle
Jaimi Rachelle rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2014
Jean C. Decker
Jean C. Decker rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Nathalia
Nathalia rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2014
Amy3745
Amy3745 rated it it was ok
Dec 21, 2014
Donna Suptut
Donna Suptut rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2014
Salena
Salena rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2012
Laurie Turner
Laurie Turner rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2016
Bella
Bella rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2012
Ivana Rodríguez
Ivana Rodríguez rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2014