Start by marking “Never Stay Past Midnight” as Want to Read:
Never Stay Past Midnight

Never Stay Past Midnight

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  333 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
"You are so wrong for me."

Levi had to agree--he was. He was leaving Chicago in a few short weeks. He didn't do commitment--ever. But everything about this night, this girl, was so good. So right. Until at 11:59 p.m. she got out of his bed, got dressed and left!

What had he done? Things had hardly started and she was off! Yet he was bored with simpering women he couldn't get
Published August 7th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Never Stay Past Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Stay Past Midnight

Suzie Quint
Jun 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I do enjoy Mira Lyn Kelly's books. I like the way her characters fall in love. I never have to wonder what the hero/heroine sees in their partner because the two always mesh so well together. Of course, when they have to face the choice between being together and everything else each of them has been working for, they both have to figure out what their true priorities are. The only downside to finishing a new book by Ms. Kelly is that I now have to wait for the next one. *sigh* Maybe I'll just g ...more
HєllyBєlly
Jul 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
“Elise…you’re looking up my shorts.”
“What? No,” she gasped, shocked. First, in hearing her name, which confirmed her rescuer’s identity, and then, because—oh, God—she totally was! Only it wasn’t some creepy, salacious leer. Not really.

This was an engrossing and fast read about two hard-working dedicated people with their own respective family history - and who doesn't - (view spoiler) falling into lust and then love.

If
Ridley
This author's books are consistently enjoyable for me (Wild Fling or a Wedding Ring? even got a rare 5* review from me) so a $2.99 price point is enough to get me to buy without so much as a glance at the blurb or the reviews.

This one would have been another 5* book, but things went a bit limp towards the end like the author realized she was running too close to her word limit and had to tie everything up fast. And the epilogue gave me cavities and a stomachache.

I'll write more later. It's defi
Saly
I've read the previous HP's by this author & enjoyed the heck out of them, this one didn't work for me much. A one night stand that turns into a bit more. The heroine has parental issues and the hero has parental baggage. Heroine is the commitment sort while the hero is all about moving on.
RLA
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was looking forward to this book, I have read all of Mira Lyn Kelly's books and enjoyed them and this is the first I picked to read from the newly relaunched RIVA line.

If I had to pick one phrase to describe this book (and indeed all of Mira Lyn Kelly's books) then it would be "twenty-first century", through and through her books are modern and up to date. This author's voice is perfect for her contemporary stories and they very much appeal to me.

Everything about this story feels real; the her
Dalia
Jul 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A very steamy & emotional  read
Usually I don't care for the one night stand, I don't like it when the heroine jump into bed with the hero seconds after meeting him. But in this book, it s well executed.

Elise is a delightful heroine. She is sweet & gentle, she has dreams & works hard to achieve them. Her interaction with her sister, her nephew & the dog Bruno, is funny & heart- warming. Levi is a damaged hero who think he isn't a good guy, Elise & the reader know better.

O
Kala
Aug 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
I've gotten a little disenfranchised with Harlequin lately. I used to be absolutely in love with their Presents and Desire category romances back in the 90's. The stories were always wonderful and while there might have been a few authors here and there I didn't like as much, I pretty much knew I would enjoy the majority of what they put out. These days, I am just sick of the sheikh billionaire baby stories with god awful heroes who are overly macho and borderline abusive in their controlling be ...more
Jane Stewart
Dec 03, 2013 rated it liked it
It was nice, but I would not recommend it unless you’re a Harlequin fan. I skimmed a couple sex scenes.

Sarah Wendell recommended this during one of her podcasts. This book is not for me, but I can see the draw for some. I’m always hesitant to read Harlequin. They hire authors to churn out books at a fast pace and limit pages per book. It stifles creativity - in my opinion. I’d rather read authors who are not required to write multiple books per year. This was ok, but it was easy to put down. And
Vashti
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read by MLK.This was a cute,emotional read.Loved the H/h .The epilogue was great,gotta love a man who is so into his wife and family.His proudness is showing of the "pregnancy stick" was so cute.
Romancing the Book
Jun 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Posted on Romancing the Book's blog
Reviewed by Desere
Review Copy Provided by the Author

I have long been a fan of Mira’s books as they are always filled with little surprises that spice up the plot. In Never Stay Past Midnight, the author had me laughing out loud at the antics of the ever lovable Great Dane, having two Great Danes myself I could relate to the hilarious things these type of dogs get up to.

The dog was also the star of the show as he is ultimately was brings Elise and Levi back toge
  • Trouble in a Pinstripe Suit
  • All They Need (Porter Siblings #1)
  • Waking Up in the Wrong Bed
  • Playing the Greek's Game (What His Money Can't Buy #2)
  • The Petrov Proposal  (Forrester Siblings, #2)
  • Captive but Forbidden
  • In Bed with a Stranger (The Fitzroy Legacy #2)
  • Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8)
  • In Bed with the Boss
  • His Reputation Precedes Him (The Lyonedes Legacy, #2)
  • Cupcakes and Killer Heels (Brothers & Sisters, #2)
  • A Night of Living Dangerously
  • An Offer She Can't Refuse
  • Deserving of His Diamonds?
  • The Secrets She Carried
For Mira's latest book news, sign up for her newsletter at http://eepurl.com/A-XKr

USA TODAY bestselling author Mira Lyn Kelly grew up in the Chicago area and earned her degree in Fine Arts from Loyola University. She met the love of her life while studying abroad in Rome, Italy, only to discover he’d been living right around the corner from her back home. Having spent her twenties working and play
More about Mira Lyn Kelly...