Start by marking “Bound to You” as Want to Read:
Bound to You

Bound to You

A thrilling bind-up of two classics from #1 New York Times bestselling author Christopher Pike.Epic love crosses space and time in these two sexy, suspenseful stories from #1 bestselling author Christopher Pike.

In Spellbound, weeks ago, a girl’s body was found in the mountain stream after a freak animal attack. The only witness to the tragedy was her boyfriend, Jason.
Paperback, Omnibus, 512 pages
Published August 7th 2012 by Simon Pulse

Erica Paré
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Brenda Ayala
Nov 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed
4 stars for Spellbound! That was an awesome plot that was wholly original from anything else I’ve read. The supernatural bits were well placed and well thought out, and I happily went along with it.

(view spoiler)
Lizzy
Mar 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-books
I liked both stories, the writing is good. And the stories took a turn I didn't expected. I loved the characters and the creativity of this book. I read it in a day, so it is an easy read. It kept me on the edge of my seat, wondering What would happen next. This is first time I read a book from Christopher Pike and I think I will read his other books, I like his writing style.
Mari Johnson
Nothing to say here except 'read this book'. Both stories blew me away way beyond expectation and believe me, I had HIGH expectations.
Soobie's scared
Giving an average mark to the two novels appearing in this anthology, Bound to You gets 2,5 stars. And let's make three because he's Christopher Pike.

Spellbound ★★★★

Even if this novel is almost as old as I am, I guess it still is a good one. I've read an Italian translation around 1994 and it just confirmed that Christopher Pike was my favorite writer. Now I've decided to slowly read all his books in English because most of the Italian edition were somehow fitted in order to focus on a younger
Chantel
Oct 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Bound to You by New York Times Bestselling Author, Christopher Pike takes us on two spellbound journeys through the strange happenings of a boy and a girl. The first short story Spellbound is about a girl named Cindy who has Jason as a boyfriend who is blamed for killing his last girlfriend by the falls. Events become even stranger as animal attacks continue to appear exactly where the last girl was killed. Will she find out the real truth about what exactly happened that night between Jason an ...more
Camille
Mar 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Kevin McFadden is my favorite author. I must admit that this book is not as amazing as the 'Thirst' series and not as exciting. But the ending of the two books inside this volume didn't fail my expectations. Both stories touched my heart at the ending that made my waterworks into action once again. I like the way Christopher Pike/Kevin McFadden ends the story with a love that will never end (a love that will never end in an ending lol). Just like Thirst did, these two stories touched my heart.

Ok
Jessica Brown
Oct 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: teenagers
Recommended to Jessica by: my mother
I thought the book was good. I'm a fan of Christopher Pike's books because they always have me on the edge of my seat, thinking, "What's going to happen next? What's going to happen next?" But then there are times in the book when I'm thinking, "What the heck is going on here?" And no matter how many times I re-read the part I'm confused on, I can't make any sense of it, so I shrug and continue reading. There are two stories in this book: the first one is about some mysterious murders going on t ...more
Madi Taylor
Becky and Mark are destined to be togther in Kara's eyes, but why? Mark soon discovers that Kara is from the future and is there to bring Mark and Becky together, and that Becky and Kara are the same person. Kara needs to get Mark and Becky together so that Becky does not end up with Ray who is really Frederick. As time passes Mark and Becky grow more and more apart with the lies and Becky's love for Ray. Will Kara succeed in getting Mark and Becky togther? Or will they all die in the end? "I qu ...more
Michelle Michaels
May 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
They were alright...neither stories were great and I didn't really like either if them. I'm actually really surprised on all the great reviews...I mean the writing was pretty good. Though I prefer in the first person writing but the stories I thought were kind of mediocre.

I liked spellbound more so far I think...I'm only half way through the second one and it's hard to get through it so far. It just have lost my interest. Maybe it's the video games and computer stuff. Or the fact that the main
Linda M
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed both stories in this book, but See you Later was by far my favourite. I was surprised at how immensely profound it turned out to be. It's the kind of story that really makes you think about our mysterious universe and how little we understand it. I love pondering about this and this is the the main reason I gave it 5 stars. It was also a page turner. I read it in one sitting!

Spellbound was also very intense and I enjoyed it. It was a little strange, but I still enjoyed it.

Both the stor
Jolice
Mar 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Seriously? This book is so damn weird. But I really like it! Maybe I am a weirdo, haha, but I had never read story plots like these before! The two stories in this book are so enchancing and exciting, and things just happen the way you will never expect them to happen. Although there are some parts which are quite confusing, I really like how things turn out in the end. Sometimes when I read I just feel that the story is just a tragedy, but there are times when it really made me very delighted. ...more
Meg
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I think the book was well thought out and the authors way of sharing the story is unique. At times you will think you who is the killer and just like that a twist is thrown in.
spoiler alert......
I was honestly thinking someone was a vampire, and i found it surprising that Joni is a vulture. Unlike many books Joni has a life worth telling. I think it would be intersting to read more about her life prior to Balas villiage and how she got up to this point. I understand Bala explained in detail,, bu
Suzanne Scheid
I feel as if I should review this two separate times. The first book, Bound to You, SUCKED!! It was terrible. All the kids are super hot, drive amazing cars, and their parents let them do what ever they want... all that crap really took away from the story and I had to force myself to finish it.

Now See You Later, was a great book! At first you don't think it's a super natural story but at the end you find out it is. It really is a great story and I don't want to go to into it, because it will ru
Shaylee
I liked the first story 'Spellbound' but not the second 'See You Later'. Spellbound was unexpected (I guessed only a part of the mystery before it was revealed) but See You Later was a bit drab to be honest. Pike has done this theme before, much more successfully in my opinion. I also did not feel the two stories merged well together and think they should have been packaged separately. Either way, the Kara/Mark storyline did not captivate me and did not feel well explained (I suppose if it had c ...more
Senja Nasi
Nov 18, 2012 rated it really liked it

This book includes two short stories. Spell bound and see you later. Spell bound was amazing and very intense. See you later however, left me very confused. Wasn't a huge fan of that one. It has to do with the future and I feel he didn't explain it well enough. It left me with a question mark. But still, Pike is by far my favorite author. He knows how to include romance into a book without going overboard. He knows how to include suspense without making it sound really fake and made up. Well don
Angie Merriam
Oct 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was super strange for me, but not in a bad way. The book consisted of two different stories that were both good. The first story left me going "what?!?!" but it kept my attention and was a quick read. The second story was a little mind bending as well but I really liked it and found it to be more believable than the first story. All in all I found myself thinking how weird this book was yet I couldn't put it down..go figure. I give it four stars for creativity, solid plots, strong char ...more
Sara Buklan
Jan 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 7th-grade
There were two completely different stories in this book. They were both fantasy but except for those parts it was like realistic fiction. They were really instresting but i don't understand why the author put those stories in the same book. They aren't really realated except for they both have the idea of love in them. I don't really have much to say about this book. It wasn't amazing and it wasn't bad, in my opinion it was pretty average.
Michelle Wrona
Until The End, Christopher Pike's other double saga novel, was worse than this one. Bound to You had one really good story, See You Later.
Spellbound is older, so maybe the writing style became a little cheesy for me. It was okay, but the story wasn't the best and I've heard of things like this before.
See You Later on the other hand, was fantastic. I loved the characters, especially Kara, she had that whole kick-butt attitude going on and I just loved her!
Pretty good!
Jacqueline Selecky Selecky Selecky Selecky
Christopher Pike is my favorite science fiction author ever. His books always creep me out or leave me with disturbed feelings. I like that his books never really have an "end". It's usually open ended and you can decide for yourself what you think. I think he has a great balance of science meets religion in his books to satisfy everyone. I look forward to reading more from him.
Dottie Hill
Feb 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Pike's book contains 2 complete novels within this book. The first one, Spellbound, was intriguing and I was captivated by the story it told. However, the second one, See You Later, was very much a sci-fi novel. The storyline is good, however, I'm just not a sci-fi fan. The story was good but was a bit hard to follow at times. Overall a good read!
Torie
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Christopher Pike has an amazing imagination extending to other worlds. I loved the first book in this book of two, which was more or less had a crime setting. The 2nd book was also good but didn't hook as the first. This was my first piece of his writing, but you can bet your buttons I'm looking forward to more.
Allyssa Mallari
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
I thought the book was THAT good but to be honest, I just wanted to finish what I started reading. I finished the book just because I don't want to leave the book unfinished, and not because I really got hooked to it. The stories were good in a way, but not my cup of tea. Perhaps, others would find this nice but for me, uhm...
Josh Aron
Aug 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Like the other Chritopher Pike's book I love the first 100 hundred pages not to mention the tittles. Those were easy read- narratively easy to understand but kinda disappointing as you go through the next hundred pages.
Spellbound was so so but really it's better than the 2nd one. I guess I'm not into Sci- Fci which goes on the second- See You Later....
Roberta R. (Offbeat YA)
Spellbound repackaged with See You Later.
The "time travel" and "sci-fi" labels pertain to See You Later only. I gave it a "horror" label too because of this one scene...
See separate reviews.
Amiradaily
Apr 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love this book. The plot was so mind blowing , i did'nt expected that it will come. The first story is really good , but the second one quite confusing but never thought the ending will be like that.
Rachel
Aug 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Christopher Pike never disappoints

very interesting concepts
hayden
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good job, pike! Solid stories here.
Katie
May 30, 2014 rated it liked it
I think it was a fantastic book!:) so loving it
Anastasya
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Not something that I would recommend :/
December IR Project 1 4 Dec 13, 2012 03:56PM
Dec IR Project 1 2 Dec 13, 2012 03:43PM
  • Forbidden to Love (The Erosians, #1)
  • Alexandria
  • Not Pretty Enough (Not Pretty Enough, #1)
  • Kyo Kara MAOH!, Volume 04
  • Prelude to Mayhem (Mayhem Wave, #1)
  • Our Second Chance (The Chances Are Series #1)
  • Double Feature: Attack of the Soul-Sucking Brain Zombies/Bride of the Soul-Sucking Brain Zombies (Russel Middlebrook, #3)
  • The Ravening (Blood Moon, #3)
  • Daughters of the Moon, Volume 2 (Daughters of the Moon, #4-6)
  • When the Black Girl Sings
  • Almost Famous (Talent, #2)
  • What If . . . You Broke All the Rules
  • Blown
  • After Hello
  • Roses and Bones: Myths, Tales, and Secrets
  • Crazy Beautiful
  • Broken Hearts (Fear Street Super Chiller, #4)
  • Between (Between, #1)
Christopher Pike is the pseudonym of Kevin McFadden. He is a bestselling author of young adult and children's fiction who specializes in the thriller genre.

McFadden was born in New York but grew up in California where he stills lives in today. A college drop-out, he did factory work, painted houses and programm
“I have faith. It doesn't matter what I decide.” 1 likes