Start by marking “Moo, Baa, La La La!: Special 30th Anniversary Edition!” as Want to Read:
Moo, Baa, La La La!: Special 30th Anniversary Edition!

Moo, Baa, La La La!: Special 30th Anniversary Edition!

4.18  ·  Rating Details ·  26,742 Ratings  ·  482 Reviews
A beloved Sandra Boynton classic showcases redrawn art and a larger size in this Special 30th Anniversary Edition.

A cow says MOO.
A sheep says BAA.
Three singing pigs say LA LA LA!
“No, no!” you say, “that isn’t right.
The pigs say OINK all day and night.”
The original Moo, Baa, La La La! sold more than 3 million copies when it was first published, and thirty years later thi
Board Book, 18 pages
Published August 28th 2012 by Little Simon (first published January 1st 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Moo, Baa, La La La!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moo, Baa, La La La!

Ed Mcfadden
A moving narrative that highlights the circle of life in understandable, free-market terms while placing a sunnier patina on the darker side of the meat and poultry industry.
BAM The Bibliomaniac
I read this like the Lady GaGa refrain. It fits perfectly.
Rachel Stagg
Mar 06, 2017 Rachel Stagg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My son's favorite book so far.
Kimberly
Very very cute. I love Sandra Boynton.
Bruce M
Jul 24, 2011 Bruce M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Parents, Children
My wife and I consider Moo, Baa, La La La to be our daughter Charlotte's first favourite book. There was a point in time, not so long ago, when the only sounds that would calm her down in the evening (or on a bad car ride, or after a fall, or any other general sookfest) were my wife or I reciting this book. Now that Charlotte's a little bit older (15 months at the time of this writing) she still loves the book, and has taken to finishing the sentences as we read along (or recite from memory).

Our
Olivia
Feb 13, 2010 Olivia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book aloud several times a day to babies and toddlers! I have it memorized; I can grunt this animal noise poem on command. And I'm getting better giving classes (yes classes?!) to drooling, curious babes, some who can't even sit up on their own. You'd be amazed how under 1 year olds can and will sit in a circle and pay attention and interact. We certainly have to keep busy on the 10 1/2 hour nursery shift.

"Moooo, says the cow. Baaa, says the sheep. La, la, la, says three singing pig
Chinook
Nov 02, 2015 Chinook rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kait
This is her absolute favourite book right now. She giggles all the way through it. I have the whole thing memorized.
Eunice
Traci
Feb 04, 2015 Traci rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s, theoreads
My son showed absolutely no interest in Sandra Boynton books until about a month ago.

He picked this out for his dad to read to him and we've been reading "MooBuhLuhLuhLuhLuh" every night since then. We usually let him make the animal noises and at the end ask him what he says (usually a tiger noise).

Unfortunately now, all of the Sandra Boynton books we own are "MooBuhLuhLuhLuhLuh" so any time we pull out Tickle Time or Doggies he thinks it's his favorite. Pretty cool that he recognizes the artw
Francis
Oct 18, 2015 Francis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: early-readers
My son absolutely loves this book. He is 1.5 years and can make the sounds of most of the animals. When he is looking for this book he will keep saying "la la la" until he finds it. One of my all time favourite Boynton books!
Alicia
A cow says moo, a sheep says baa, three singing pigs say la la la... oh god I think I can recite this book from memory. It is cute though for a toddler and not so mind numbing as books for this age tend to be,
SaraLaLa
This is one of Sandra Boynton's shorter stories, but it's still really cute. I like that she has a bit of a sense of humor and my daughter always smiles at the end when the author asks "What do you say?" (as in what noise does a baby make).
midnightfaerie
Aug 17, 2013 midnightfaerie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
We love Sandra Boynton and this was no exception. Adorable illustrations paired along side a cute story about animals, it's a big favorite for all my kids, but especially my 3 yr old twins. We also love books that rhyme, so that was an added plus for us. Great book.
Aneesa
Jul 31, 2016 Aneesa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
If Everly tries to tell me that singing pigs say "Oink" instead of "La la la" we're going to have a serious talk.
Theresa
Moo, Baa, la la la! by Sandra Baynton is a silly story teaching about sounds. found in a kindergarten classroom
Becky Carleton
Boynton is a master of serious silliness. This adorable little board book is a favorite "again! again!" book to read with little ones.
Samantha Penrose
Jun 12, 2008 Samantha Penrose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
This book has cute illustrations and introduces kids to animals and the sounds that they make.
Sturdy and fun.
Karl
Apr 16, 2008 Karl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Random silliness.
Suki
Jan 19, 2013 Suki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding! I could not put this book down.
Kat
Oct 08, 2011 Kat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, picture-books
A really cute way to go through animal noises with a little kid.
Lisa
Nov 07, 2016 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favourite books to read at Storytime. Children really love all of the animal noises.
Andrew
Mar 27, 2012 Andrew rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A true masterpiece. It warms my heart with joy.
Tatiana
Apr 25, 2013 Tatiana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, picture-books
Nothing has made my baby smile and laugh so far as much as this book.
Emily Garrison
Nov 11, 2016 Emily Garrison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful picture book filled with animals and sounds the reader makes out loud when reading to a child. There is a twist in the beginning when the author tells us that pigs sing la la la instead of saying oink! The story goes through quite a few different animals which make their individual noises and then the animals ask the reader what kind of sound they make. Extremely interactive and a wonderful read-aloud!
Elisa Pereyra-Molina
This book is listed on the 100 top ‘Read Alouds’ I was stunned to find my grandson favorite board book as #75! The bloggers associated with site in my opinion are right on the mark. My 14-month-old grandson will listen to "Moo Baa LaLaLa" aloud to him over over and by his attention and body language I can infer the book brings him pleasure. This is a babies board book that when read comes out more like a song.
Stephanie
Dec 31, 2016 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sandra boynton is my favorite Children's author! I love sharing her books with all my young friends! This particular one, I have memorized, and can read to the kids without looking at the pages! It always makes me giggle, and the kids love it too!
Barbara
Dec 18, 2016 Barbara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book to my boys so many times that the pages became worn and I memorized every word. Such classic Boynton!
kim
actually got spoiled on the iphone app version of this first. it's cute but not amazing
Rebekah W.
Feb 01, 2017 Rebekah W. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great read-aloud for babies-three-year-olds. The silly text, clear illustrations, and Sandra Boynton's singular wit come together to create a great bit of fun.
  • Quiet Loud (Leslie Patricelli board books)
  • Peek-a-Who?
  • Where Is Baby's Belly Button?
  • Global Babies
  • Tails
  • I Kissed the Baby!
  • Gossie
  • I Love You Through and Through
  • Llama Llama Nighty-Night
  • Bright Baby Colors
  • Toes, Ears, & Nose! (A Lift-the-Flap Book)
  • Sheep in a Jeep
  • Black on White
  • Good Night, Gorilla
  • What's Up, Duck?: A Book of Opposites
  • That's Not My Dinosaur (Usborne Touchy-Feely Books)
  • Chicky Chicky Chook Chook
  • Waddle!
Sandra Keith Boynton is a popular American humorist, songwriter, children's author and illustrator. Boynton has written and illustrated more than forty books for both children and adults, as well as over four thousand greeting cards, and four music albums. Although she does not license her characters to be redrawn or adapted, she has herself designed—for various companies—calendars, wallpaper, bed ...more
More about Sandra Boynton...