Start by marking “The Case of the Sneaky Snowman” as Want to Read:
The Case of the Sneaky Snowman

The Case of the Sneaky Snowman (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew #5)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  364 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Can Nancy solve this chilling mystery?

Who wears a blue scarf and old rubber boots, and has broccoli for a nose? It's Sherlock -- Nancy, Bess, and George's snowman! The girls are thrilled to be on winter vacation and take part in all of the season's activities! Nancy's friend Deirdre has even transformed herself into Madame Chocolata, a fortune-teller who predicts the fut
Published March 6th 2012 by Aladdin (first published December 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Case of the Sneaky Snowman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Case of the Sneaky Snowman

Jerry
Sep 15, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Quickie Review

I've read both the original and Nancy Drew Files series, but this is my first experience with the Clue Crew books. While cute and funny, it isn't quite Nancy Drew as I've come to expect her. Still, I could get used to this incarnation of the girl detective...maybe.

Score: 3/5
Mom2triplets04
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this for #MarchMysteryMadness readathon. Cute story about 3 girls trying to find the missing snowman. Great book to read to little ones during the winter time.
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 3-5 graders
Recommended to Sarah by: friends in 3-5 grade
This series is full of mysteries, in this book the clue crew try to answer the mystery of The Sownman. When they go to get hot chocolate, the mashmellow reading fortune teller,Madame Chocolata, tells them that there snowman will walk away and they will fall down infront of hundreds of people at the ice show. Later they go to see there snowman and realize it's gone, they thought mabey Madame chocolata's a real forturne teller, so they got worried and tried to solve the mystery before the ice show ...more
Jan
Jan 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nancy and her friends build a snowman, only to have it disappear! Deirdre, one of their friends, dresses up as Madame Chocolata and reads fortunes in the marshmallows floating in hot chocolate -- and some of her predictions come true! And was that Bigfoot they saw running across the street? Nancy and her friends have their hands full with these and few more puzzles to solve in this creative winter chapter book for ages 7-9.
Jess
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this with my girls, ages 8 and 6, and they really enjoyed it. In fact, at the end of every chapter they begged me to keep reading. The plot kept them engaged and the clues were the right degree of challenging for them. I loved how clean and innocent it was. The girls asked me to get more of these books and I am happy to oblige.
Erica
Feb 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another innocent fun read. My five-year-old daughter solved some aspects of the mystery, which made her feel like one of Nancy's Clue Crew. I love that the characters - main and supporting - good and bad - are cool without being cruel. We will continue to make our way through the series.
Samuel
Jul 01, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
It's probably as good an introduction to the mystery genre for early-grade kids as most things being published nowadays. It's not interesting at all for an adult, though, and it only vaguely resembles the world of the "classic" Nancy Drew books.
Sidney
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the 3 girls have another adv-enter.this is a good book for when it is snowy outside. this book is full of surprises and adventures. is Madame Chocolata 's fortunes coming true or not? no spoilers here. you will just have to find out.
Dolly
Sep 21, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We are really enjoying this Nancy Drew series for younger children. The stories are fun and the age group is perfect for our girls. This is a silly mystery, but it makes us want to play in the snow and have hot chocolate...with marshmallows!
Lisette
A book you can read in one day
Lisa
Oct 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of my students's favorite books from the series. We are moving on to a new series but many of them are still reading Nancy Drew on their own. :)
Mel Raschke
Excellent book for the beginning readers who are interested in Nancy Drew.
Nov 15, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-lit
Malcolm says, "I think it was a good book. I LOVE Nancy Drew books. I want to be Madame Pepperona and Madame Chocolata."
Jacquelyn Suegay
I love Sherlock the snowman !
Morgan
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
hdbkaehkadfvuibadf
Samantha Jayakody
spectacular mystery
Kaetlyn
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HEY! Were is the SHERLOCK! I like that Deirdre thinks she can read marshmallows. I also like that they didn't give up. I wouldn't do it or I could get in trouble.
trinity
Oct 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

this is a really good book and all, but I think it's for the easy reader kids not for advanced readers
Kay
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I was trying to help my niece find the most intriguing series to read but I have ended up enjoying this younger kids version of Nancy Drew. Will try to read a bunch and then pass on to my niece.
Natalie
Nov 15, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is very short!

i like it because there are just short little mysteries!

EASY READER!
Ayesha Nathani
Apr 12, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nancy-drew
I HAVE WASTED MY HALF AN HOUR READING THIS NOTEBOOK.
Gray
Dec 10, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was the best one yet!
Samantha Osborne
i really enjoyed this book where nancy and her friends try and find there snowman sherlock because he has gone missing
Lilly Fife
I liked this series.
Although I'm 10 it's a litle too easy for me.
Tiffany
rated it did not like it
Aug 14, 2011
Erin Logan
Jul 19, 2015
Athena
Jul 07, 2012
  • Doggone Town (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #13)
  • Nancy Drew: A Novelization of the Hit Movie
  • Amelia Bedelia's First Valentine
  • Purple Princess Wins the Prize (Perfectly Princess)
  • Cam Jansen and the Secret Service Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #26)
  • Wedding Flowers (Cobble Street Cousins, #6)
  • Mr. Burke Is Berserk! (My Weirder School, #4)
  • The Berenstain Bears Out West
  • Fawn and the Mysterious Trickster (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #13)
  • Stanley's Christmas Adventure (Flat Stanley, #5)
  • A Dream Come True (Magic Pony, #1)
  • Florence the Friendship Fairy

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str
More about Carolyn Keene...

Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew (1 - 10 of 39 books)
  • Sleepover Sleuths (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #1)
  • Scream for Ice Cream (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #2)
  • Pony Problems (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #3)
  • The Cinderella Ballet Mystery (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #4)
  • The Fashion Disaster (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #6)
  • The Circus Scare (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #7)
  • Lights, Camera . . . Cats! (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #8)
  • The Halloween Hoax (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #9)
  • Ticket Trouble (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #10)
  • Ski School Sneak (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #11)