Start by marking “The Assassin and the Underworld (Throne of Glass, #0.4)” as Want to Read:
The Assassin and the Underworld (Throne of Glass, #0.4)

The Assassin and the Underworld

(Throne of Glass 0.4)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  22,549 ratings  ·  1,190 reviews
When the King of the Assassins gives Celaena Sardothien a special assignment that will help fight slavery in the kingdom, she jumps at the chance to strike a blow against an evil practice. The mission is a dark and deadly affair which takes Celaena from the rooftops of the city to the bottom of the sewer--and she doesn't like what she finds there.
Published May 1st 2012 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

Booknut
Jul 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Sam...is such...a CUTIE!! I'm officially in love *swoon* B-but when I remember that he's not in Throne of Glass:

P
Feb 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
"How can I convince you to stay?"
"You can't."

This novella was so emotional I couldn't even think straight. I loved the vibes of this city and the sewerage systems were breathtaking that I turned the pages quickly to see how it ends. The Assassin and the Underworld would be the 4-star read for me if it was not for that predictable twist and ending. Sam, in this novella, is lovable. I saw a new side of him and liked it. The way he declared his love for Celaena is cute and undeniably touching.

Any
Pearl Angeli
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
I just can’t stop admiring Sarah J. Maas. The series of novella in The Assassin’s Blade keeps getting better and better. More action, more intrigue– The Assassin and the Underworld made me speechless! Sarah J. Maas made such a raw and powerful job in this novella.

I felt so many emotions while reading this. I felt sad, thrilled, excited, anxious, angry, swooning– everything. I’ve never felt these mixed emotions in a long while but in this novella, I experienced such a ride. I didn’t expect to hat
Veronica
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
* I don't care if these are just novellas, these are just as great as the actual novels and if you at all felt any inkling of love towards the Throne of Glass series, then by Gods, what are you waiting for!? *

I've gone and done it guys. I've gone and done the stupidest thing of all things stupid. I've fallen for Sam.

I should know better, I really should....

Why did I fall in love with Sam's character when I know their story arc is doomed...

WHY!?!?!?

As a general rule, I don't usually give novell
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
4 ★'s

“I love you," he repeated, shaking her again. "I have for years. And he hurt you and made me watch because he's always know how I felt, too. But if I asked you to pick, you'd choose Arobynn, and I. Can't. Take. It.”

This novella was really freaking good! The Assassin and the Underworld takes place where The Assassin and the Desert left off. I was hooked and just really enjoyed this read :) Arobynn gives Celaena a mission she can't refuse but... let's just say things do not go as planned and
Isa Cantos (Crónicas de una Merodeadora)
"My name is Wind. And Rain. And Bone and Dust. My name is a snippet of a half-remembered song. I have no name. I am whoever the keepers of my fate tell me to be".

Celaena ha vuelto del Desierto Rojo tras cumplir su misión de entrenar con los Asesinos Silenciosos. En Rifthold, Arobynn Hamel la espera con un centenar de regalos que, piensa, lo redimen por la gran paliza que le dio antes de partir. Tras unos momentos de tranquilidad, el Rey de los Asesinos le encarga un nuevo trabajo a Celaena: de
Fables&Wren
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
WrensReads Review:

Finally I am getting around to reading the adventures of my dear Celaena Sardothien. LOWKEY, I kind of love the assassin more than the queen, but that doesn't mean that I don't love the queen.

I wanted to read it before I read Empire of Storms BUT I kind of got distracted with other books that were coming out around the same time. I am not a huge fan of novellas, but I do know that some of the characters introduced in the last book were first introduced in some of these novella
△⃒⃘Qamar Al Oqaily ⚯͛
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I think this is my favorite one , Arobynn you little shit !!
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shit shit shit. I hate Arobynn. I HATE him. He needs to die. Oh god, I hope Celaena gets to kill him in book 4. Please please pleaaase.

I don't think I can read the last story. I really don't want to go through that. I'm sure it'll be even worse than I expect it to be because.. god knows what horrible revenge Arobynn has planned for them. Ughhh.
Nicole
Nov 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Dorian?
Chaol?
PFFTTT SCREW YOU
SAM KICKED YOU ASSES.
They'll never reach him.
He's so adorable and cute and lovely and...
Can't believe his destiny!!!!!

And Celaena, come on!! I liked you because one don't have to shout look behind you all the time!
I thought you were smarter than that, we all saw it coming.
Well, except for you.
Natalia
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This novella was great. It's one of my favorite for sure.
I really love to see her history as an assassin. I love all the characters that I love from the other books again. Like Lysandra. In this novella I really don't like her or at least I don't know her. But still I love her.
I love Celaena and Sam, they are so cute. I know what happens with him in the end, but I can't help but love him.
_racheljane_
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I can’t help but love the way that Arrobyn Hamel is written. Don’t get me wrong, I hate him just as much as everyone else who has read these novellas, But I absolutely love a good villain. He is so evil that he makes Celaena and Sam better characters. I love the romance we get to see blossoming between Celaena and Sam also. Sarah J. Maas wrote their characters beautifully and their romance matches.
Chantal
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"So, we're free"
E Chantal piange.
Sabrina
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I'm glad Sam came back as a character, I was dying for more of him. I know there's so much more about to happen so I'm excited to read on.
Melanie
#1.) Throne of Glass ★★★
#2.) Crown of Midnight ★★★★
#3.) Heir of Fire ★★
#4.) Queen of Shadows ★★

Be still, my heart. This novella was everything I wanted from this bind-up and more! Celaena is finally back in Rifthold after her three month journey away. Celaena and Sam discover how much they missed each o
Dayna Lysak
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
MY SAMLAENA EMOTIONS
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
I seriously don't understand why they are called novellas? This book with the 5 connected story should just have been named a prequel, it's long, connected and not random. In any case, Celaena returns to her master Arobynn and Sam. One thing that keeps annoying me is that why did she agree to such a life. It's okay to learn to be strong with her past and many future enemies, but she is a princess, she had a life and parents before. It's like she has forgotten everything and immersed herself in t ...more
Surbhi Das
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“From today onward, I want to never be separated from you. Wherever you go, I go. Even if that means going to hell itself, wherever you are, that's where I want to be. Forever.”

I don’t think I can write a coherent review of this book. My heart is already breaking into a million pieces and I am not ready for what is going to happen in the next novella.

Celaena is back to Rifthold after training with the silent assassins of the Red Desert and is all set to pay her debts to Arobynn Hamel and leav
Samhita Peechara {Multi Dreamer}⚔
3.5 maybe?
This one okay i guess but I have completely mixed feelings so I don't really know...We'll see how it goes with the other ones
Tiffany
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Knowing what happens to Celaena, and what happens to Sam, it is getting increasingly harder for me to read on. I'm just getting more and more sad over what Arobynn does, and more and more sad that I like Sam so much.

This novella was very dramatic. The way that Arobynn attempts to make it up to Celaena, hearing about what had happened with Sam's punishment, and the betrayals and close calls with death...

Sam swore violently and began yanking on the grate cover again. "Come on," he whispered, mor
Rache
yes yes yes yes yes yes. I may be shipping this more than Dorian and Celaena. NO REGRETS
Carolina Carriço
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-stories
Sam Cortland I'm not ready to say goodbye. Not now. It's too soon. Give me more. Please.
Marga
"In the silence of her bedroom, she swore an oath to the moonlight that if Sam were hurt, no force in the world would her back from slaughtering everyone responsible."

I think this is the best novella so far. I still have to read the last one but this.. This made me love Sam a whole lot. I can't convey enough how much my heart hurts now..

"The moment I woke up after he beat me, I realized I have to leave. Because I was going to kill him if I didn't. But I couldn't." He studied her face. "Not
Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z.
Buy this book HERE on Amazon or buy this book HERE on BookDepository with FREE WORLDWIDE SHIIPPING

4 of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). I AM NO LONGER TEAM DORIAN OR CHAOL. I AM TEAM SAM AND WILL ALWAYS BE. TOO BAD HE'S DEAD.

My rating system: (I do use half stars.)
5 - I do not use the 5 star. Not because a book might not be worthy, but because a book is never perfect.
4 - I loved it! There weren't too many flaws, and I had no trouble getting through it. (A 4 star rating i
Brittany
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Check out my blog to see Reviews of Book and Movies, and check out some Recipes!

The Assassin and the Underworld truly opened up the past of Celaena, explanations for many of her emotions abound. I just felt sick about where it was heading and can't believe Celaena hasn't yet figured out who her final betrayer is.

I don't want to give up any juicy details, suffice to say that this was a splendid read. 5 stars!
Mari Yeung
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novellas
Saaaam ❤

“I love you,” he repeated, shaking her again. “I have for years. But if I asked you to pick, you’d choose Arobynn, and I. Can’t. Take. It.”
“You’re a damned idiot,” she breathed grabbing the front of his tunic. “You’re a moron and an ass and a damned idiot." He looked like she had hit him. But she went on, and grasped both sides of his face. “Because I’d pick you.”
Michaela
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'll just pretend the story ends here, thank you very much. I'm only team Sam from now on. And what Arobynn did... ugh, I hate that son of a bitch so much.

And also, (view spoiler) appeared? W h a t? My mind is blown.
Brooklyn Tayla
I kept saying to myself, 'I'll sleep after this chapter, okay, one more, oh look, I finished the novella...'

Perfection. Those Sam and Celaena feels, every time. My heart.
Anny
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
Ese momento en el que shippeas algo que sabe que nunca va a pasar pero aún así lo haces. Así durante toda la historia corta 😭.
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
Probably my least favorite novella so far. Slow, boring, and not very exciting. We already know how despicable Arobynn is. None of his actions surprised me one bit or how things turned out in the end.

The only thing great that happened was Celaena and Sam.
Cameo 12 68 Dec 10, 2014 08:40PM
  • The Shattered Mountain (Fire and Thorns, #0.6)
  • The First Kiss (The Iron Fey, #1.25)
  • Bridge of Snow (The Winner's Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • The Witch of Duva (Grisha Verse, #0.5)
  • A Dawn Most Wicked (Something Strange and Deadly, #1.5)
  • The Witch's Betrayal (The Assassin's Curse #0.5)
  • The Audition (Seraphina, #0.5)
  • The Spring Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.25)
  • Viper's Creed (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #2)
  • Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky, #0.5)
  • Elemental (Elemental, #0.5)
  • Radiant (Unearthly, #2.5)
  • Shadows Over Innocence (The Emperor's Edge, #0.5)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2.5)
  • Scent of Magic (Healer, #2)
Sarah J. Maas is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Throne of Glass series (Queen of Shadows, Book 4, will be out in September 2015), as well as the A Court of Thorns and Roses series (out 5/5/15).

Sarah lives in Bucks County, PA, and over the years, she has developed an unhealthy appreciation for Disney movies and bad pop music. She adores fairy tales and ballet, drinks too

Throne of Glass (7 books)
  • Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
  • Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3)
  • Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4)
  • Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5)
  • Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6)
  • Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7)
“What's your name?" he asked above the roar of the music.

She leaned close. "My name is Wind," she whispered. "And Rain. And Bone and Dust. My name is a snippet of a half-remembered song."

He chuckled a low, delightful sound. She was drunk and silly, and so full of the glory of being young and alive and in the capital of the world that she could hardly contain herself.

"I have no name," she purred. "I am whoever the keepers of my fate tell me to be."

He grasped her by her wrist, running a thumb along the sensitive sknin underneath. "Then let me call you Mine for a dance or two.”
274 likes
“Please don't go."
He let out an uneven breath. "You'll be fine without me. You always have been."
Maybe once, but not now. "How can I convince you to stay?"
"You can't."
She threw down the torch. "Do you want me to beg, is that it?"
"No-never."
"Then tell me-"
"What more can I say?" he exploded, his whisper rough and harsh "I’ve already told you everything—I’ve already told you that if I stay here, if I have to live with Arobynn, I'll snap his damned neck.”
“But why? Why can’t you let it go?”
He grabbed her shoulders and shook her. “Because I love you!”
Her mouth fell open.
“I love you,” he repeated, shaking her again. “I have for years. And he hurt you and made me watch because he’s always known how I felt, too. But if I asked you to pick, you’d choose Arobynn, and I. Can’t. Take. It.”
The only sounds were their breathing, an uneven beat against the rushing of the sewer river.
“You’re a damned idiot,” she breathed, grabbing the front of his tunic. “You’re a moron and an ass and a damned idiot.” He looked like she had hit him. But she went on, and grasped both sides of his face, "Because I'd pick you."
And then she kissed him.”
267 likes