Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Soul: I Can't Believe My Dog Did That!: 101 Stories about the Crazy Antics of Our Canine Companions” as Want to Read:

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  124 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Our dogs make us smile every day, but some days they really outdo themselves! This book is full of those hilarious and heartwarming stories about the many ways our canine companions surprise us, make us laugh, and touch our hearts.

Chicken Soup for the Soul: I Can’t Believe My Dog Did That! will have readers saying the same thing as they read these 101 humorous and heartwar
Published September 18th 2012 by Chicken Soup for the Soul

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Soul

Hannah
There were some really cute stories in this book. A couple were boring, but the rest were very entertaining. I enjoyed reading this book, which didn't take me too long to finish. My friend Lisa from Kmart bought me this book for Christmas, because she knew how much I loved reading and my dogs. I understand the appeal of reading Chicken Soup for the Soul books now that I know that they all aren't religious books. For some reason, I thought they were religious. Where they religious books at one po ...more
Marion Thompson
Enjoyed Harley's story on page 217
Dick Pilskog
Light book. Read it in 2 days. I cannot believe how many writers are out there. Must be the need.
Jim Patterson
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely antidotal stories to read at bedtime.
David Caldwell
101 stories about canines ans some of their wonderfully carzy and fun antics.My sister gave this book to my mom for Christmas.It is nice to be able to share reading materials with other members of my family.Animal lovers, especially dog lovers, will enjoy these short(usually 2 or 3 pages)stories.While they may not toatlly match your own experiences , there are bound to be some that will remind you of your own beloved pets.I enjoyed all of the stories(well maybe 1 or 2 I could have done without-a ...more
Nancy
May 11, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It was fine until I got to the story about the dog who died under the Christmas tree and NO ONE CARED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really? Your 9 year old beloved dog dies, and you find him dead under the tree on Christmas morning. Then you decide to distract the kids, and haul him out to the bed of the pick up truck where he'll freeze rock solid and deal with it TOMORROW?? All the time lying to the kids and acting like nothing happened? I would be a bucket of tears. There is no way I could hide that. Crappy do
Jamie
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as a gift from my Grandma Sassy last Christmas, the grandma Sassy for whom my dog is named. While possibly unbelievable to those who have never owned a dog, these short stories are completely relate-able for anyone who has! There were times I sniffled, times I laughed, and times I nodded my head thinking, “Yup, been there!”
It’s been a long time since I read a Chicken Soup for the Soul book. I was surprised by the content of a few stories that used some vulgar language and we
Papalodge
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The collection of dog doings is much better than others I have read.

Like people, dogs have that way of presenting their personalities and it is for humans to adapted to.

A well trained dog will make no atempt to share your lunch. He will just make you feel so guilty that you cannot enjoy it.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

The averge dog is a nicer person than the average person.

and so on ....

I was not able to find one essay , of the 101 in the collection, that I did not benefit fr
Annaleigh  Morrison
I didn't finish this one and it took me forever to get to where I actually stopped. (Page 255) It doesn't hold my attention and I found it difficult to read this when I kept thinking about all the other amazing books I could be reading instead of sleeping through this one. 2 stars and not 1 because the dogs were cute.
Lenita Sheridan
I Laughed and was Amazed

Some of these stories were touching, others were hilarious, but they were all about humans love for canines and their dog's love for them. My favorite is the funny names people came up with for their dogs. In my opinion, the winners were Nuisance, Yainex, and Dammit Dog.
Kaotickitten Box
If you like or love the chicken soup books than you will like this one too. I can not imagine a dog lover not liking this book. It has it all the tears, laughs and astonishment, you feel when stories of animals are told.
Kristin
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love all of the Chicken Soup books that relate to dogs, and this was no exception. It is advertised as a collection of humorous accounts of our canine companions, and while I wouldn't say there were a whole lot that made me laugh out loud, they were an enjoyable read while exercising at the gym.
Ann Hill
May 13, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humour
Some cute stories for some light reading. Some of my dog stories are funnier.
Bren
Feb 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating 3.5. Some of the stories were great fun, others were a little blah.
Jacob
Dec 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First ever Chicken Soup for the Soul book I've read; some of the stories were funny, some sad, and some just incredible. I don't see myself reading this again but overall it wasn't too bad of a read.
Chelsea
A schmaltzy book full of "funny" stories involving dogs. Some were cute, but I'm pretty sure my dog has done funnier/cuter things in his sleep. Meh.
Wanda
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heartwarming. I loved it!
Amber Yarber
Sep 27, 2017
Annelize
May 06, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Say Goodbye to Stress: Manage Your Problems, Big and Small, Every Day
  • Giant George: Life with the World's Biggest Dog
  • Born to Bark: My Adventures with an Irrepressible and Unforgettable Dog
  • 99 Reasons to Hate Cats
  • House Calls and Hitching Posts: Stories From Dr. Elton Lehman's Career Among The Amish
  • Don't Fight With the Garden Hose and Other Lessons I've Learned Along the Way
  • All My Patients Kick and Bite: More Favorite Stories from a Vet's Practice
  • A Rare Breed of Love: The True Story of Baby and the Mission She Inspired to Help Dogs Everywhere
  • It's Not That I'm Bitter . . .: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying About Visible Panty Lines and Conquered the World
  • Fifty Shades Shadier
  • Canine Body Language: A Photographic Guide Interpreting the Native Language of the Domestic Dog
  • Show Dog: The Charmed Life and Trying Times of a Near-Perfect Purebred
  • Delightfully Twisted Tales: Wisps, Spells and Faerie Tales (Volume Four)
  • The Grumpy Man
  • It's Never Too Late: 172 Simple Acts to Change Your Life
  • Love Is the Best Medicine: What Two Dogs Taught One Veterinarian about Hope, Humility, and Everyday Miracles
  • Bliss to You: Trixie's Guide to a Happy Life
  • Shelter Dogs: Amazing Stories of Adopted Strays

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...