Start by marking “The Spencer Quinn Box Set #2: To Fetch a Thief, The Dog Who Knew Too Much, and A Fistful of Collars” as Want to Read:

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  5 reviews
An eBook collection featuring the third and fourth novels in the irresistible New York Times bestselling mystery series featuring P.I. Bernie Little and his narrating sidekick Chet—“a canine Sam Spade full of joie de vivre” (Stephen King).

Chet has smelled a lot of unusual things in his years as trusted companion and partner to Bernie, but noth
Published August 6th 2013 by Atria Books (first published August 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Spencer Quinn Box Set #2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spencer Quinn Box Set #2

Lara
I like the premise that these are written from the Chet the dog's point of view. But I don't think I'll read them as an anthology again. One of the jokes is that Chet repeats himself quite a bit. ("Bernie - the smartest human in the room if I haven't already said so"). But by the time I was into the third volume (or book 5), I'd read a few key sentences a lot of times.

Having said that, I found the mystery engaging, and the dog's point of view enlightening. (If you strip away the presumed reason
Katherine Relf-canas
This book was a gift. After reading it to Olivia as a bedtime story I realize somehow it was overlooked that it was not for her age group. Nice to have a book that brings up the idea of being kind to "working animals" but there were too many scenes set in bars with prostitutes. There were joints, which I changed to cigarettes and Madames became bartenders. I don't think I would agree with Stephen King (who wrote a thumbs up on the book jacket) that this author is a master of suspense. I paraphra ...more
Elizabeth
Love all the Chet and Bernie Series
Fred
Aug 26, 2012 Fred added it
great stoy told from a dogs naration.
Janice Hussock
Recommended by Daedelus
Dasha
Dasha marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Sherrie
Sherrie marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Bobbie Wendelken
Bobbie Wendelken marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Kathy Hein
Kathy Hein is currently reading it
Jun 14, 2015
elisia conrardy
elisia conrardy is currently reading it
May 31, 2015
Leslie
Leslie added it
May 19, 2015
Pebble Tedford
Pebble Tedford marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Margaret Nugent
Margaret Nugent marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Mary Lou
Mary Lou marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Kynanne
Kynanne marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Jackie Grey
Jackie Grey marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Lyn Gorsche
Lyn Gorsche marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
G R
G R marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
HEIDI ELLIOTT
HEIDI ELLIOTT marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
1932450
Spencer Quinn lives on Cape Cod with his dog Audrey, and is hard at work on the next Chet and Bernie adventure.

Spencer Quinn is a pseudonym of author Peter Abrahams.

Series:
* A Chet and Bernie Mystery

More about Spencer Quinn...
Dog on It (A Chet and Bernie Mystery #1) Thereby Hangs a Tail (A Chet and Bernie Mystery #2) To Fetch a Thief (A Chet and Bernie Mystery #3) The Dog Who Knew Too Much (Chet and Bernie #4) A Fistful of Collars (A Chet and Bernie Mystery #5)