Start by marking “The Dog with the Old Soul: True Stories of the Love, Hope and Joy Animals Bring to Our Lives” as Want to Read:

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  72 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Few relationships are as simple—and rewarding—as those between man and animal. From the loyal dog who risks his own life to rescue a drowning boy to the lost kitten who comforts a grieving woman to an abandoned horse and foster child who come to save each other, these inspiring true stories highlight the hope, healing, happiness and—most of all—unconditional love animals b ...more
Published July 24th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Dog with the Old Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dog with the Old Soul

Kirsti
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
A collection of short, memoir type stories dealing with animals and the love the impart to selected humans. Some stories I wanted to know more about, and maybe deserve their own book. There was one about Pierre that I particularly enjoyed, and the final one about Soccer Collies. A nice read, easy to get through because each story was so short. Most are well written, and some are very emotional.

If you are looking for a light read that you can still get emotionally involved in, then you might lik
Diann
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A compilation of stories of our beloved pets with the over-arching theme of "Who Rescued Who?"

A good read; some heart-warming and some heart-wrenching.
Kristin
Sep 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Although there is a dog pictured on the front cover, this collection of stories features an assortment of animals, from birds who lift the spirits of a lady in financial crisis by turning the back porch of her home into a nesting community, to a thin horse who found its home with a young girl who finally found her own, to neglected dogs that get the first love they've likely ever known at the shelter holding them until their owner goes to court. The tales are short, most happy, some sad, and enj ...more
Janet
Oct 11, 2012 rated it liked it

Obviously any dog story is going to appeal to many of us. It certainly did to me. This is a short book with short stories about people and their animals. There were one or two stories that moved me but basically the book is pretty bland. Stories that you hear anywhere. I expected something more I guess.
Harlequin Books
Category: Pets
Judith
Aug 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Great series of short stories about all kinds of animals which touch our lives. Not just dogs and cats - some sad and some happy. Great for all animal lovers.
Geeta
Apr 27, 2013 rated it liked it
If you are pet loving person of course the stories will appeal to you but overall it's an alright compilation
Christine
Awesome reading
Jeanne
Oct 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Heartwarming stories about animals that touch our lives. Includes pets and wildlife. I really enjoyed this book.
Jonelle
Nov 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Not as good as Marley and Me or A Dog's Purpose, but still Ok. l did cry in some parts. Some stories were very interesting. Some people were quite annoying.
Jan
Chris Burns
Mar 08, 2013
Linda Smith
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
A number of short stories, not all that interesting, a couple are OK.
Michelle Lewis carpenter
Oct 13, 2012
Elvira
Mar 23, 2013
Lucy
rated it did not like it
Nov 09, 2012
Sep 03, 2012
Joanne Couture
Jun 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Jennifer Basye Sander has been an author and book packager for nearly 20 years. Her career has spanned all aspects of the business, from retail sales and book acquisition to editorial and publicity. She and her husband founded the Big City Books Group, which develops book projects and has over 40 successful books in print.

Also known as Jennifer "Gin" Sander
More about Jennifer Basye Sander...