Start by marking “Plain Secrets (Willow Trace, #1)” as Want to Read:
Plain Secrets (Willow Trace, #1)

Plain Secrets (Willow Trace, #1)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  124 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
After years on the Philadelphia Police Force, Elijah Miller thought he'd left his Amish past behind. But when the murder of a young Amish girl starts to raise suspicions, Eli has no choice but to investigate. He'll do his duty, even if it means facing the father who won't speak to him—and the woman who rejected him. Hannah Nolt is just as beautiful as Eli remembers, and th ...more
Published July 3rd 2012 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Plain Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plain Secrets

Megan Kelly
Jul 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Having left the People without joining the church to become a cop, Elijah is neither Plain nor Englischer. He's brought home from Philadelphia by request of the governor to look into the murder of his former girlfriend's stepdaughter.
Now widowed, Hannah is devastated by the loss of the girl she's mothered for so long. With Eli back among the People, her ol
Amanda
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I love this book. It is such a great book full of detail that the author spent a lot of time researching about the Amish. To bring a story from the Amish life and mix it with the outside life, it was put together so well.

It is hard for any parent to let their child experience things on their own, but with the Amish and their Rumspringa, I could imagine the feelings and emotions that go thru them. Hannah was a great mother to Jessica and it hurt that Jessica wouldn't open up about the things hap
Yvonne
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved it! Interesting mystery.
LadyCalico
Feb 28, 2013 rated it liked it
This mediocre book could have been a really good one with a little bit of proofreading, editing, and helpful hints from friends or a good police consultant. It was better than your average generic re-cycled bonnet romance plot with a little more danger and mystery, but it succeeded much better in the romance part than the suspense part--which was chock full of holes and hokey. It really bothered me how people would mysteriously show up at places they couldn't have known about, at homes of people ...more
Shari Larsen
Feb 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Elijah Miller, a detective with the Philadelphia police force, thought he left his Amish past behind. But he is sent back to the community where his family still lives to investigate the murder of an Amish teenager, and her step mother, Hannah, just happens to be his former girlfriend who rejected him. He also has to face his father, who quit speaking to him when he left the community. Hannah is just as beautiful as he remembers, but this time, he cannot run away from his feelings, because she i ...more
Carolyn E
May 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This one gets 5-plus stars; I loved it!!

I have never read anything by Kit Wilkinson before. I really enjoyed this one. I hope we will be seeing more from this author, perhaps a sequel to Plain Secrets. I hated to see this one end.

I highly recommend it to everyone, especially to all lovers of Amish fiction.
Northern
Nov 22, 2012 rated it liked it
I love Amish stories but I'm not into romance at all. At least with this series (Love Inspired Suspense) there's suspense and a plot to hold onto. Would love to find straight suspense in an Amish setting. Nice story, though.
John Hanscom
May 31, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very sweet book with an interesting mystery to be solved, though what was going to happen with the couple was pretty obvious.
Janet
Aug 18, 2012 marked it as to-read
I live in Amish Country and have an Amish babysitter. Would love to win this book!
Wendy
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
BACK OF THE BOOK BLURB
After years on the Philadelphia Police Force, Elijah Miller thought he'd left his Amish past behind. But when the murder of a young Amish girl starts to raise suspicions, Eli has no choice but to investigate. He'll do his duty, even if it means facing the father who won't speak to him--and the woman who rejected him. Hannah Nolt is just as beautiful as Eli remembers, and this time, running away from his feelings for her is no longer an option. Because Hannah's in danger, an
Kim
Mar 25, 2017 added it
It was a good book if you like to read about the Amish.
Katie
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amish
I truly liked it.A thoroughly enjoyable read. Set in Amish country, this mystery mixes the Plain ways with the outside world when an Amish teen is found dead.
Having left the People without joining the church to become a cop, Elijah is neither Plain nor Englischer. The inner struggles of all the charters are touched on and it makes the story very interesting.
Christy
Jan 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amish, mystery
Despite the English influence in this read which is not a favorite of mine in Amish genre; I found this book quite suspenseful and page turning. Maybe not what I would call Amish Fiction but still quite good.
Janie  R.
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was ok

Liked the suspense in the plot, but could have done without the romance, it mostly repeated over and over how much she(Hannah) still had feelings for this other character,it got boring. I didn't care for her character.
Shirley Hester
Very good book. Couldn't put it down. Very suspenseful.
Marcie
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Started it late this morning and finished about a half hour ago. Held my attention. just the right amount of romance and suspense
PWRL
Apr 18, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Mindy Bollinger
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't know how this book was going to go because I had never heard of the author before but feel in love with the book and the author! Very easy read and love the story and the mystery!
Carol A Foss
Apr 16, 2015
Karen
Jan 10, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)
  • Zero Visibility
  • The Doctor's Defender (Protection Specialists, #3)
  • Christmas Stalking (Guardians, Inc., #4)
  • Rebecca's Christmas Gift
  • Explosive Secrets (Texas K-9 Unit #4)
  • Murder at Granite Falls (Big Sky Series, #4)
  • In Plain View (Valley of Choice #2)
  • Danger in Amish Country: Fall from Grace\Dangerous Homecoming\Return to Willow Trace
  • Stalker in the Shadows (Sonoma, #3)
  • Plain Pursuit
  • Dangerous Melody (Treasure Seekers #2)
  • The Widow's Protector (Fitzgerald Bay, #4)
  • A Baby for Hannah (Hannah's Heart, #3)
  • Double Exposure
  • Survive the Night (Lost-Inc., #1)
  • Christmas Cover-Up (Family Reunions, #2)
Kit Wilkinson is a former Ph.D. student who once wrote discussions on the medieval feminine voice. She now prefers weaving stories of romance and redemption. Her first inspirational manuscript won the prestigious RWA Golden Heart and sold to Love Inspired.

Kit is a full time teacher of French Language and English Literature. Besides work, she loves hanging out with friends and family, cooking for l
More about Kit Wilkinson...

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Royal Affair (Royals in Exile, #2)
  • Through the Smoke
  • Finding Bliss
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Frozen
  • She Has Your Eyes
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed by His Charm (Dirty Little Secrets, #4)