Start by marking “Dork Diaries Book 4: Tales from a Not-So-Graceful Ice Princess (Dork Diaries, #4)” as Want to Read:

Dork Diaries Book 4: Tales from a Not-So-Graceful Ice Princess

(Dork Diaries #4)

It’s Diary of a Wimpy Kid for girls in this hilarious novel!

I wasn’t at all surprised to find out that my crush Brandon volunteers at a local animal shelter. He’s SUCH a sweet guy—OF COURSE he wants to help those adorable puppies!

Then Brandon tells me that the shelter is in danger of closing, and I know I can’t let that happen . . . especially when I discover a SHOCK

Published June 7th 2012 by Simon & Schuster UK

Theresa ♫
Jul 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fellow humans in search for the girly version of Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Recommended to Theresa ♫ by: NOBODY. I had to find out about the 4th book ALL BY MYSELF!
BEFORE THE BOOK HAS BEEN OPENED/READ/PURCHASED

Wait, wait, wait.

So . . . I was at the store . . . just browsing through the books that they had . . . and I stumbled across a bunch of copies of this book . . . and my first reaction was:

OH MY GOD, THERE'S ANOTHER ONE?!?!?!?!

NO ONE TOLD ME THIS! Absolutely no one. When I finished the first book, no one said, "Hey Theresa, there's a 4th book, you know."

AND WHY NOT?! I should know about this! I mean . . . I am a

HUGE, GIGANTIC, HYPERLY SQUEALING fan of
[Shai] Bibliophage
I applaud Nikki for having the guts to enter that ice skating competition to help her crush and friend Brandon. Nikki's brave enough to enter even if she lacks the skills even if it makes her looks silly. What I like about this series is that teaches teens and readers to be audacious to reach for their dreams/goals.
Ashley
Jun 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction-juvenile
I really enjoyed this book. It is my favorite one so far in the series, but there were a few things I would have changed. It had the best plot out of all of them currently published that I have read, however it was a little predictable. It was fun to read and I couldn't put it down, and I am glad I bought it. I will probably read it again and it is fun if you're looking for a quick read. I would say it is the girl-version of "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" and much more enjoyable for me and the illustrat ...more
Lai Valenzuela
Jun 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book Description:

Nikki Maxwell isn't at all surprised to find out that her crush Brandon volunteers at a local animal shelter. He's such a sweet guy - of course he wants to help those adorable puppies! Then Brandon tells her that the shelter is in danger of closing, and Nikki knows she can't let that happen. Especially when she discovers a shocking secret about Brandon that makes keeping that shelter open more important than ever. So Nikki and her friends Chloe and Zoey enter an ice skating comp
Mariela Romero
Jan 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was funny of how girly the characters sounded. The genre of this book is fiction. I really liked how Nikki was willing to do anything for her crush, Brandon. I thought it was cute.

Nikki and her friends were going to do make a performance for a charity to win ten thousand dollars, but they didn't know who they could sponsor. Their routine was fine, just that Nikki wasn't such a good skater and they fact that they couldn't find someone to sponsor was a bit more worse. But thing
Heidi
Sep 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series is by far the most popular series in my school library, Dork Diaries is also very popular. I must confess that I find Dork Diaries more enjoyable. Maybe it's because I don't find Greg very likeable, maybe because I can relate to a girl main character better. But I think that it is most likely because Nikki personifies so well the dramas of middle school. I have to laugh at how horrified she becomes at things that I no longer would even blink at, but which re ...more
Ann
Jan 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: FANS of Dork Diaries
Try thinking about entering an ice skating competition when you can't even balance on ice! Doesn't it sound dreadful to you?

Sadly, Nikki has to skate for an animal shelter to let it stay open. Even worse, she finds out an unbelievable fact that affects Nikki and Brandon's relationship! Nikki is determined to stop the animal shelter from closing, and the only way to prevent the shelter from closing is to skate and raise money.

This may sound like a very easy task to accomplish, but actually, it i
Summer Trahan

How do I read it on here?? HELP
Kelly
Aug 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-it, read-in-2013
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Dork Dairies. I read almost all of them. This is one of my favourites. When will Nikki and Brandon get together?????

This book is full of drama and fun just like all the other Dork Dairies. I love those heart stopping moments Dork Dairies gave me. And there is many of those heart stopping moments in this book. I like excitement and thrill so whenever something terrible happened to Nikki, I'm anxious to see what's going to happen or whenever Mackenzie set Nikki up again.

Se
Jen
May 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was super adorable!!! I liked it a lot!!! Very humorous, cute, and happy!!! I have not read any of the other books like this, but I really like it, and hope to read more in the future!!! It's very similar to Dear Dumb Diary books, and is like the female version of Diary of a Wimpy Kid, but I think that these books have less pictures and are pretty thick... A lot longer it seems, but worth the time to read it:):):)
Chloe Resendez
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So far, this book has been the most emotional. It is just sad to see Nikki all stressed out about ice skating, and it doesn't help that Mackenzie is there to put her into even more stress. Although, the book does end in a really good ending. I cannot wait to see what happens next!!
Victoria
Nov 14, 2012 rated it liked it
My little sister got this book and I read it just because. I have to tell you, it was PERFECT for someone her age (8-11) but it was a little bit annoying for me. I liked the drawings though!

The book that I read had this title: Dork Diaries: Tales From a Not-So-Graceful Ice Princess
lily:)
Oct 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Book four of the Dork Diaries series- Nikki's on a skating competition. Mackenzie tries to sabotage... It's interesting... Just very girly.
Kyra (Blog of a Bookaholic)
Dec 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have eagerly been awaiting for a chance to read the fourth instalment in the Dork Diaries series, Skating Sensation. When I saw it at the library I didn't hesitate to take it out, and once I got home I immediately began reading it and finished it in a few hours. I absolutely loved it and once again Rachel managed to write a charming, hilarious novel that I'm sure will be loved by many, including me.

In the latest instalment of fourteen year old Nikki Maxwell's interesting life, her and her two
Nora L
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
In this realistic fiction book we follow Nikki, a dork as she travels throughout the social network of cliques, trends and gossip. The Ice-Skate-a-Thon is coming up, a charity event held by her school, and Nikki and her friends are getting ready. There is one problem though, Nikki doesn't know how to skate! Will she and her friends ever overcome these obstacles, or will their sponsor, Furry Friends go belly up? And finally, will Nikki and her crush Brandon be separated by classic mean girl Macke ...more
Brooklyn
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

The book Dork Diaries Tales from a Not- So- Graceful Ice Princess by Rachel Renee Russell is about an 8th grade girl named Nikki. She is a girl that doesn’t have very many friends and is embarrassed by her dad who is an exterminator. In this book of the series Nikki is finally getting close to her crush, Brandon. The holiday on ice show is getting ready to start. It is a charity show to raise money. When the pet store Brandon volunteers at is closing down due to money issues, Nikki decides to g
Kayleigh
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Up until this book, I'd thoroughly enjoyed this series and found it to be a fun, light, and easy read. As I continued to turn the pages, getting deeper into the story, I found myself being irritated by Nikki and her family.

In one chapter, the mother left fourteen year old Nikki and her six year old sister home alone to bake who knows how many Christmas cookies to hand out to friends and family. Therefore, Nikki not only had to babysit her troublemaker sister but manage not to burn the house dow
Ms. Yingling
Nikki's school, Westchester Country Day, is studying ice skating in gym so that students can participate in the Holiday on Ice charity show. Nikki signs up with her friends Chloe and Zoey in hopes that they can beat the awful MacKenzie. The only problem? Nikki can't skate. This is an even bigger problem when she chooses Fuzzy Friends as her charity-- and her crush Brandon has a big stake in that, because it is run by his grandparents, and if the animal shelter has to close, he might have to move ...more
Eman
My 13 year old niece gave me this book which is #4 of a series she adores. I said to my self.. Let's give it a try and see what teens are reading these days.

It's a fun light book of a 14 years old girl named Nikki Maxwell who keeps a diary to write down all her daily dorky adventures. I could relate to the main character even though I'm an adult, mainly because it reminded me of my early teen-hood, especially the clumsiness part.

Besides, I couldn't stop picturing Nikki's lil sis Brianna as my
Meredith W.
Nov 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I thought that this book was totally awesome and hiliarious! It is about a girl named Nikki who is totally a dork. There is an ice-skating contest and Nikki signs up to try and save a business where a boy named Brandon works, who she totally likes. The business is called Fuzzy Friends and she is doing this so Brandon won't have to move.

The only problem is that she doesn't even know how to ice skate. Her little sister, Brianna, is annoying, but she kind of helps Nikki at the end of the book. I
Eden
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nikki isn't surprised to learn that Brandon volunteers at an anima shelter and is happy to volunteer with him. But Brandon tells Nikki that the animal shelters is going to have to close down. Nikki wants to do whatever she can to help the shelter stay open, even if it means having to try and skate on ice.

I really love this series - It's so fun and I find myself laughing whenever I read a book in this series. Nikki is just a great character. Sure, she can be a bit dramatic, but she's a really car
Alejandra torres
in my opinion,dork diaries(tales from a Not-so talented pop star)is a great,fabulous book because the author Rachel Renee Russell made the book be like yourself , and don't care what people say.i can prove that it's like being yourself and not caring what people say from the text because it say's "OMG!,Mackenzie i can be who ever I want to,
just please leave me alone!" "whateves" Mackenzie responded. I backed it up the text right there. I like the character Nikki because she's herself.I also like
Sadiebug
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
I thaught that this book was good but it was to off topic. it barely talked about the skating and more about the family events. the skating is like a background idea. the title is very misleading.
Ayline Hoyos
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
i think this book was good and funny. i didnt really know how did nicki get away all those time she had to perform in front of that lady
Joanna Marie
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
because friends help and look out for each other and that's what nikki did :D but she's still annoying for always degrading herself and for being so selfish.

enjoyed reading this one haha.
Alyssa
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
i thought this book was very funny because her best friends were dancing on the ice gracefully while she was a wreck.
Rossy
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is funny and interesting because it is about how the girl faced the problems and it is kind of absorbing. The girl liked a boy, Brandon and help him a lot.
Karen Arendt
Charming new book in the Dork Diaries series. Full of good friends (and enemies) and one cute boy! Girls will enjoy this installment in the series.
Juheoun
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it

• The Long-Distance Dispatch Between Lydia Goldblatt and Julie Graham-Chang (The Popularity Papers, #2)
  • Mackenzie Blue (Mackenzie Blue, #1)
  • School. Hasn't This Gone on Long Enough? (Dear Dumb Diary Year Two #1)
  • Where There's a Wolf, There's a Way (Monster High, #3)
  • Madame President
  • Luv Ya Bunches (Flower Power, #1)
  • Times Squared (Trading Faces, #3)
Rachel Renee Russell is the #1 New York Times Best Selling author of the book series, DORK DIARIES, and the upcoming, THE MISADVENTURES OF MAX CRUMBLY to be released on June 7, 2016.

For more about Nikki's world visit www.DorkDiaries.com

For more about Max's world visit www.MaxCrumbly.com

Dork Diaries (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Fabulous Life (Dork Diaries, #1)
  • Dork Diaries Book 2: Tales from a Not-So-Popular Party Girl (Dork Diaries, #2)
  • Dork Diaries Book 3: Tales from a Not-So-Talented Pop Star (Dork Diaries, #3)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Smart Miss Know-It-All (Dork Diaries, #5)
  • Dork Diaries Book 6: Tales from a Not-So-Happy Heartbreaker (Dork Diaries, #6)
  • Dork Diaries Book 7: Tales from a Not-So-Glam TV Star (Dork Diaries, #7)
  • Dork Diaries Book 8: Tales from a Not-So-Happily Ever After! (Dork Diaries, #8)
  • Dork Diaries Book 9: Tales from a Not-So-Dorky Drama Queen (Dork Diaries, #9)
  • Dork Diaries Book 10: Tales from a Not-So-Perfect Pet Sitter (Dork Diaries, #10)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Friendly Frenemy (Dork Diaries, #11)
“Well, I’m really sorry to disappoint those snobby CCPs!” 2 likes
“a true friend is someone who thinks you're a good egg, even if you're slightly cracked.” 1 likes