Start by marking “Picture Perfect” as Want to Read:
Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect (Commercial Breaks #2)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  115 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
A teen actress has to wonder: In the cutthroat world of commercial modeling and acting, can a happy family be reality?

On camera, it’s easy to be part of a perfect family: A director has hand-picked your parents after a week of callbacks, and the right things to say are printed on cue cards. Off camera, reality is a bit more complicated.
     Cassie Herold knows her parents
Published July 24th 2012 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Picture Perfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Picture Perfect

Meggin
Aug 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-readers
I first entered the giveaway for this book to find something new for my daughter to read. I usually read the books first to make sure it is appropriate for her. I was pleasently surprised. The author does a wonderful job with the writing, it had an easy flow to it. It was a heartwarming yet heartbreaking too. Cassie is such a strong girl that keeps a positive outlook on life. I truly believe that young girls will be able to relate if not learn from Cassie. There were many different types of rela ...more
Melanie McCullough
So excited to have this book! I absolutely adored the first one.
boekverslaafde
Feb 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adultish
Picture Perfect is a cute story about a teenage girl, Cassie, who is a commercial actress who wishes her life was as perfect as they seem in those commercials she appears in. Her mother, a math professor, is the opposite of the women who play Cassie's mom in commercials. Her father spends more time on the road than he does at home, and Cassie has this thought that the more commercials she's in, the more her dad gets to see her. Cassie has let going to commercial auditions (aka go-sees) become mo ...more
Justin
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Picture Perfect is the second book in the Commercial Breaks series. If there is one thing I really love about this series, it's the simplicity of it. It does have somewhat of a Middle Grade feel to it, but it is still very enjoyable. P.G. Kain does such an amazing job writing it. I had mentioned in my previous review, how difficult it must be for a male author to write such believable female protagonists, but he does such a fantastic job with all of it.

The story in Picture Perfect is somewhat si
Sarah H.
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really like it so far because of all the detail that the author is writing the story from the Cassie's perspective and how she is enemies with her enemies and how the author talks about her mother being able to "see through bookshelf's , walls and other things. I'm exited to see what the rest of the book has to say about Cassie's life in the commercial business and her other 2 friends in the commercial business with her
Meredith
Nov 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle
It's no Dorie Dilts, but this is still such a fun series. (And science makes its way into this one just a little bit!) I was cringing at the choices Cassie was making, but it was all completely understandable and relatable - I believe a real kid would make those choices. And at the end I got to cheer at everything coming out okay, with the support of friends and family! Enjoyed the echoes back to the first one by seeing the same characters peripherally, and look forward to the third one!
Taylor
May 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Since the author is a friend, I got to read an early version of this second book in the addictive COMMERCIAL BREAKS series. Cassie's quest to have a real family that's like the fake ones she participates in for T.V. was so heartbreaking and sweet. I think of it every time I see one of these commercials! Once again, the details of casting is spot-on perfect--the author knows exactly what it's like. Lots of fun and heart!
Nancy
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever imagined being on television? Cassie is living the life. She loves filming television commercials. She loves everything about the life -- even the try outs. And she just loves the picture perfect sets that she can pretend to live in. Her real life is nothing like what it looks like on tv.
Marissa Weinfeld
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book
Colette
This was a cute Middle-Grade novel that felt realistic and was interesting. Also, it's good addition to the series. I am excited to read the next book.
Maggie Loll
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing. On my list for need to read over and over again. Got it at a secondhand bookstore and was pleasantly surprised. Must read!
Keanna Lewis
Mar 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would really like to read this book, because it seems like the stroyline is pretty cool and the characters are like reall families today.
Mary
Nov 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book to! I didn't like it quite as much as the first but it was still really good. I can't wait until the third one!
PWRL
  • Lynn Visible
  • Jasmine Skies
  • My Mixed-Up Berry Blue Summer
  • The Secret Chicken Society
  • Fortress of Mist (Merlin's Immortals, #2)
  • Operation Oleander
  •  Gold Medal Summer
  • The Encyclopedia of Me
  • The Adventures of Beanboy (Beanboy #1)
  • Soar
  • Summer of the Wolves
  • Four Secrets
  • Kinda Like Brothers
  • Saving Maddie
  • Is That A Dead Dog In Your Locker?
  • Lucky Fools
  • The PS Brothers
  • Below

Commercial Breaks (3 books)
  • Famous for Thirty Seconds (Commercial Breaks #1)
  • Dramatic Pause (Commerical Breaks #3)