Start by marking “No Trick-or-Treating!: Superscary Superspecial (You're Invited to a Creepover, #9)” as Want to Read:

No Trick-or-Treating!: Superscary Superspecial

(You're Invited to a Creepover #9)

Halloween is more than haunted in this superscary superspecial addition to Spotlight’s popular tween horror series.

When Ashley McDowell’s parents first told her they were moving from the big city to a one-stoplight farm town, she was convinced that she was going to hate living in Heaton Corners. But to Ashley’s surprise, she loves it. Everyone is super welcoming, especiall
Published August 7th 2012 by Simon Spotlight

To ask other readers questions about No Trick-or-Treating!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Trick-or-Treating!

Matt
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good “superspecial” Halloween themed entry into the Creepover series. The plot is solid, the characters are decent, and the small town setting is classic horror fare. I think the book was a little drawn out at first and then when it finally got interesting with the town history and tragic past, it offers a rushed conclusion and cursory explanation. The setting perfectIy captured that fall/Halloween essence that makes that time of the year unique. It wasn’t so scary it broke the creep-o-me ...more
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

True rating: 4.5 stars.

Author* Ellie O'Ryan's story may not be "so scary it broke the Creep-O-Meter", but it's very good nonetheless. It's nicely written and easy to read, with a likeable group of girls you hate to see bad things happen to -- but alas, they do. I would highly recommend that this book be read the day or two before Halloween. It will make that long, dark trek through the neighborhood that much scarier and, if you survive, the candy that much sweeter.

By the way, I chose to bump the
Rosalie
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this one. I can firmly place myself in Ashley's position. If moved somewhere and there was no Hallowe'en I'd definitely try to celebrate it anyway. I think the book built up a nice tension and kept a great pace to bring unease. On the other hand if someone had explained it in the first place so much trouble could have been saved.
andrea caro
Evokes memories of reading R. L. Stine books in one sitting. It's middle grade, but scants a bit younger. Still really enjoyable. This won't be a 4 or 5 star read for everyone, but I considered the genre and the intended age group and I really did have a good time. The plot isn't new to anyone that saw that one Halloween episode of Buffy, but my Halloween-loving heart had a good time anyway.
joelle
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LEGIT GOOD
R
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AMMAZZZING BOOK!!!!!!
Moondancers
Thinking about this book kind of makes me want to squeal like a little pig because it was just so awesome. I loved the friendships, how they formed, the way it all went, I liked the relationships between characters like the main characters older sister and her, I liked the plot, a girl moves from a city to a tiny town around Halloween time, but nobody seems to acknowledge the holiday for some mysterious reason, and I loved the... Well everything. The ending was kinda iffy, but I kinda liked that ...more
Shreya Lakshmi
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was okay. The book was good in the start and nearly the middle but near the end and epilogue it had totally blown out. On the cover it says that it is so scary that it broke the creep-o-meter. Do not fall for this readers. I think this story was not scary but it had kept you on the end of your seat. I clearly think the author P.J. Night could have done a little better with the story and plot.
Kamerin :)
Oct 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this book wasn't really scary, but it is a good book but i think people mostly 10-12 would like this book. Some parts I really didn't understand. But don't get me wrong, it's very good book.
Amanda Litwin
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it
 {HIATUS}ⓔⓜⓘⓛⓨ
Omg by far the best one. REALLY good.
Caitlyn McNatt
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome
Eva
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love these creepover book they are fast and fun read.They are kind of spooky love them.
Bethany Ainsworth
I like the idea of this book. If expanded it can become a very interesting book.
Marie Spear
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it
Giselle
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lyric Cox
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book is SUPER scary!!!!!!!! I LOVED it!!!!!!!!!!!
C.
IL0VEB00KS1012
Jan 17, 2017
yalini
Jun 03, 2017

• Giving Up the Ghost (Saranormal, #6)
  • Moonlight Secrets (Fear Street Nights, #1)
  • Her Evil Twin (Poison Apple #6)
  • National Geographic Kids Almanac 2012
  • Soul Eater NOT!, Vol. 4
  • You Wouldn't Want to Be an Egyptian Mummy!: Disgusting Things You'd Rather Not Know
  • Big Fright
  • Ripley's Believe it or Not! Special Edition 2011
  • Vampire Slayer (Nancy Drew: The New Case Files, #1)
  • Monster High: Freaky Fusion The Junior Novel
  • Kate Walden Directs: Night of the Zombie Chickens
  • Rurouni Kenshin: Restoration, Vol. 1
  • Vamplets Volume One: The Nightmare Nursery
  • ソードアート・オンライン プログレッシブ 4 [Sōdoāto Onrain Puroguresshibu 4] (Sword Art Online: Progressive Manga, #4)
  • Nube Guru Ahli Roh Vol. 4: Wanita Bermulut Robek
P.J. Night Revealed
Revealing Questions

Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
A. Reading, writing, and scaring up new ideas!

Q. What is your motto or maxim?
A. There are mysteries everywhere . . . you just have to know where to look.

Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
A. Sitting with my cat on my lap and reading a book I just can't put down.

Q. What’s your greatest fear?
A. Flowers

You're Invited to a Creepover (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Truth or Dare (You're Invited to a Creepover, #1)
  • You Can't Come in Here! (You're Invited to a Creepover, #2)
  • Ready for a Scare? (You're Invited to a Creepover, #3)
  • The Show Must Go On! (You're Invited to a Creepover, #4)
  • There's Something Out There (You're Invited to a Creepover, #5)
  • Best Friends Forever (You're Invited to a Creepover, #6)
  • Is She for Real? (You're Invited to a Creepover, #7)
  • Together Forever (You're Invited to a Creepover, #8)
  • It's All Downhill from Here (You're Invited to a Creepover, #10)
  • Don't Drink the Punch! (You're Invited to a Creepover, #11)