Start by marking “A Grid for Murder” as Want to Read:
A Grid for Murder

A Grid for Murder

(A Mystery by the Numbers #3)

Savannah Stone makes her living creating puzzles for logic lovers. But when a novice puzzle maker’s number is up, Savannah has to fill in the blanks to solve a murder...

Savannah would almost rather drink poison than have tea with Joanna Clayton. Not only is the unpleasant woman one of the worst gossips in Asheville, North Carolina, over tea she flaunts her new assignment c
Published October 2nd 2012 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about A Grid for Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Grid for Murder

Cheryl Landmark
Oct 19, 2012 rated it liked it
My bad. I'm usually so careful about starting off a series with the first book, but, for some reason, I missed the fact that this was the third book in the A Mystery by the Numbers series. Oh, well.

Anyway, this was an enjoyable read for the most part, despite the fact that I came into the storyline a little later than usual. There was enough back story references to give me the general gist of the history of Savannah and Zach.

For the most part, I liked the characters and the mystery. Savannah so
Bethany
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really like this series. The heroine is a puzzle maker (and they give examples in the back!) and her husband is an ex-chief of police, now semi-retired into a consulting job. In this book, she was actually a potential suspect, so she decided to help solve the crime. Great characters -- interesting murder victim! Definitely recommend this series.
Andi
It’s a shame the series has ended. It’s not the first time a Tim Myers series has been dropped like this and it’s frustrating every time!
Christine
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Freelance puzzle creator Savannah Stone is happily married to Zach, a retired police chief, and is loving life in Parson’s Valley, North Carolina. One afternoon while running an errand to nearby Asheville, Savannah is approached by a not so friendly acquaintance, Joanne Clayton. Savannah and Joanne share a table at an outdoor café, where Joanne boasts to Savannah that she is getting into the puzzle-creating business. Joanne is later found dead – a victim of poisoning. Joanne had plenty of enemie ...more
LORI CASWELL
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2012
Savannah Stone makes her living creating puzzles for logic lovers but her life hardly follows a logical course. Who could have dreamed that Joanne Clayton would get a job for a local newspapers creating puzzles? A newspaper that has repeatedly turned down Savannah's work. Joanna Clayton knows nothing about making puzzles, all she knows how to do is spread gossip. There is no way this makes any sense but Savannah heard it directly from Joanne herself. Right there at the Cafe Noir. Savannah just w ...more
Fred
Aug 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A Grid For Murder is the third book in the A Mystery By The Numbers series by Casey Mayes.

Savannah Stone needs to go to Asheville to do some shopping and afterwards decides to stop be Cafe Noir for some refreshment before heading back to her home in Parson's Valley, that she shares with her retired police chief husband, Zach. Just as she finds a table, Joanna Clayton, waves and invites Savannah to share her table. Then Laura and Sandra, also from Parson's Valley are invited to the table. None of
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Oct 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This third book in the 'A Mystery by the Numbers' series has to be my favorite one yet. Our sleuth, Savannah Stone only went into Asheville, NC to fax her latest math puzzle to her syndicate office, thought she would have a nice bite to eat outside and enjoy the fall weather at a cute cafe, The Cafe Noir. What happened is that she had a cup of tea with a woman who would shortly be a murder victim.

Savannah, married to the former Charlotte, NC Police Chief, Zach Stone, finds herself among several
Hillary
Jul 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
Decent cozy, though not quite enough atmosphere for me. Basically once our main character is on the case, that's all she does - stalk around town and question people. No working in of puzzles or atmosphere. No plot to have her accidentally overhear conversations, or learn things from third sources - just interviews and trips to City Hall/Hall of Records. I may go back and read the first in the series, but I hope it is a step up in the other elements.
Natalie
Nov 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: penguin-2013
I wanted to really like this because I'm sick of so many of these involving someone dating (and I've been married for almost 13 years) but it just didn't work out as being a book I'd love, even though I appreciated someone in a happy marriage.

Not bad, just not anything to get excited about.
Anastasia
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Did not feel outcome provided all the answers
ChrisGA
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: z-read-2014
I really enjoyed this series as well as the lighthouse series under the name Tim Myers
Joyce Rawlins
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoywd this book. The main character created math puzzles for a local newspaper. Her competitor gave her a hard time until she ended up dead. I didn't want to put the book down.
Serena
Oct 02, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
My Rating System:
'jean
Dec 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
It's a mystery...the plot was okay, the writing was average.
Misslea007
Jan 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Slow and formulaic in the beginning. Quicker and more suspenseful toward the latter parts.
Amy
Jul 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Enjoyed the book for the loveable character Savannah. Surprisingly it was a hard book to put down and had me guessing til the end.
June
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read this in one day. was very good.
Pamela Richard
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this series, wish there were more!
Constance
May 23, 2013
Kris
Oct 30, 2014
Natalie Tyler
rated it did not like it
Jul 29, 2013
Mary  (Biblophile)
Aug 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Pseudonym for Tim Myers

A Mystery by the Numbers (3 books)
  • A Deadly Row (A Mystery By The Numbers, #1)
  • A Killer Column (Mystery by the Numbers, #2)