Start by marking “Endgame (Sirantha Jax, #6)” as Want to Read:
Endgame (Sirantha Jax, #6)

Endgame (Sirantha Jax #6)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  2,526 Ratings  ·  265 Reviews
Regret nothing.

Sirantha Jax has the J-gene, which permits her to “jump” faster-than-light ships through grimspace. She loves nothing more than that rush, but the star roads have to wait…

Her final mission takes her to La’heng, a planet subjugated during first contact. Since then, the La’hengrin homeworld has been occupied by foreign conquerors.

All that’s about to change.
Published August 28th 2012 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about Endgame, please sign up.
Kersten Ms. Aguirre wrote in the Acknowledgments for the book that this is the final Jax novel.

✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)

Yes. This is Sirantha Jax. And I DNFed at 20%.

Lots of cursing to be expected, don't say I didn't warn you.

Congratulations Ann Aguirre, you managed to ruin what could have been the greatest series ever, with the most amazing heroine ever. Fuckup doesn't even begin to cover it. Oh you really excelled here. You actually did even better than KMM with Iced and Burned. Now that is setting the bar VERY high. I didn't think it was possible but hey, you did it. I DNFed your book when I managed to finish
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Ever since I started blogging, I've been going on and on about Ann Aguirre's books and how much I love them. The time has come for me to tell you why. Ann Aguirre understands life, she understands love, she understands war and the very basic human nature. She knows what makes people tick and how far they would go to defend what they love and that knowledge reflects in her work. Endgame is no exception. If anything, it is the best of her books so far.

In Endgame, last book of the series, Sirantha
Rhiannon Frater
Feb 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
(Note: Ann Aguirre provided the galley for this book. I LOVE her.)

I love this series. It's been awesome since GRIMSPACE and has only gotten better with each installment. I love the world building, the characters, the overall plot, the individual novel plots, the evolution of Jax, and just about everything to do with this series. I have been heavily emotionally invested in Sirantha Jax and her life for a few years now. I was enthralled and saddened with the announcement that ENDGAME would bring t
Cheryl La Pa
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-may
I’m so glad that I picked up this series – it has been a diverse and turbulent road for Sirantha but a most enjoyable and intriguing one for me.

Endgame is the final book in the series and it wraps up the series quite nicely with a satisfying conclusion. This series is about Sirantha Jax’s life journey, set in a science fiction world where Sirantha is determined to live life to the fullest and explore new planets and species.

This is not a love story. It is my life, and as such, there is love, lo
Pamela / SpazP
Oct 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This review is spoiler free, but assumes a familiarity with the Sirantha Jax series.

I have put off writing this review, because it is, for me, the final step in accepting that the Sirantha Jax series is over. How do I write about a book that concludes one of my most cherished series, and somehow manage to do it the justice it deserves? I will certainly try now.

Engame starts out with Sirantha Jax continuing in her mission to liberate La'heng from the Nicuan nobles. A long time ago when humans fir
Anzu The Great Destroyer
No more hiding. No more secret schemes or sneaking around. It’s time to fight.

If only there was more fighting and less useless bullshit going on. If only.

Endgame is, as the title suggests, the final book in the Sirantha Jax installment. It's supposed to bring peace and happiness to us readers and fans. It’s supposed to. The painful truth is that it doesn’t. At least for me it doesn’t.

I was a bit afraid of Endgame considering how strange the last two books were. Since it’s the end, I was expect
JAIME
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm a little unsure about quite a bit of the content of this one. But, I (mostly) liked the ending.

More to come, when I won't be spoiling it for my maniac mates Shelly and Sarah .
Kristen
Apr 22, 2013 rated it liked it
A little disappointed.

Overall, I still liked the author's writing style, the character development, and the closure. YET.

I feel like the end of the Jax-Vel-March triangle was a little too contrived to actually be the ending of the series.

We're REALLY supposed to believe Jax & Vel are just friends, even after his speech about realizing just how much she meant to him and all the hints that in time there might be "something more"? We're really supposed to believe March is cool growing old &am
Candace
What happened to this series?

I remember reading Grimspace and being completely entranced - entranced by the universe, the action, the writing, and most importantly, the characters. So, it pains me to see the series fall so far, but I don't necessarily hold it against Aguirre. She probably got burned out with the series, or stuck, or unsure how to end it... and well, Endgame is the result.

But, alas - gone is the snarky heroine I've come to love. And without her, this book just crumbled.

It didn't
Sunny
Nov 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Spoiler alert....this review is full of them

The Sirantha Jax series was the first series I read after Harry Potter and the Hunger Games. I cut my Ann Aguirre teeth on Enclave and was seeking another book in which to lose myself. I was thrilled to find stories that were as good as my then favorites, Harry Potter and Katniss Everdeen.

In past books, Sirantha Jax fights corruption, evil warlords, the terrifying Morguts, and the even the betrayal of one her own (aka Jael). I love Jax’s commitment to
Emma Rosloff
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I caught this series at the tail end of it's publication. After reading Grimspace and subsequently devouring the next four books, it was tough to wait even the two months for Endgame to be released. As expected, I gobbled this book up as quickly as the rest. Aguirre's prose is both casual and beautiful, as always, layered with lovely turns of phrase without the pace suffering for it. Endgame does not disappoint.

Jax has come so far since we were first introduced, and I think the events of this fi
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Opening line:
This is not a love story.
It is my life, and as such, there is love, loss, war, death and sacrifice. It’s about things needed to be done and choices made. I regret nothing.

These opening lines summarize the entire Sirantha Jax series for me. What a journey it’s been! Ann Aguirre has accomplished a great feat with this series. Infusing love and war together to make a pulse-pounding, heart-breaking read, the Sirantha Jax series has become a series that will
Jamie
Disclaimer: I am a tad biased in this review, and I am a fan girl! You've been warned!!!
***Slight spoilers from previous books in the Sirantha Jax series***

No matter how interminable something feels, there is always, always an ending. Sometimes that's good, and sometimes it's bad; sometimes it's a matter of indifference, and sometimes it's heartbreaking and your life is never the same thereafter. ~ Grimspace

Oh, Sirantha Jax! How hard it is to say good-bye to you. You've kept me reeling through s
Katyana
Sep 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
This one is so, so hard for me to rate. Honestly, I always kick out reviews (when I am going to do them) immediately after reading the book, when I'm still breathing the story... but I wonder if I wouldn't be better off with time to digest. Ah well, onward.

Let's begin with: this is one of my very favorite series ever. This book in no way diminishes that - it was a good cap to the series, and will keep it solidly in my favorites pile. But was it everything it could be? I just don't know. While I
Regina
To read this review and others like it check out www.badassbookreviews.com

Waiting to start this book was like a blessing and a curse. I was very excited to have an ARC from the publisher but I knew that every page I read would bring me closer to the end of Sirantha Jax's world. I shouldn't have been torn. Aguirre writes it brilliantly. Endgame will not disappoint readers and fans of the Sirantha Jax series. This review is filled with emotional reactions and no spoilers I promise. I will just
Cathy
Well the series definitely didn't go where I expected it to. For a while there it seemed like it was going the route of Jax always being the center of interstellar politics and it got to the point where it was a little much for one woman to play such a prominent role in such huge sweeping stories. It made sense to try to bring the scale of the story back down a tiny bit and focus more on the characters that we care about, while still having an important mission for them to focus on. Using the co ...more
Keertana
Aug 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4.5 Stars

I thought I was ready to say goodbye to Sirantha Jax after Aftermath, but Endgame is such a brilliantly plotted novel that I feel nostalgic, bittersweet, and ever-so-upset after all. Aguirre's Endgame weaves together everything I've loved about this series since Grimspace: excellent world-building, blooming character growth, and complex relationships.

Once again, Sirantha Jax is a solider, a fighter, a warrior. On La'heng now, she is determined to free an enslaved race of people
Katie Michaels
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Several times over the course of the last two books in this series, I found myself wondering whether this is what Ann Aguirre had planned for these characters from the beginning. We have ended in a place so very different from which we began, and in so many ways. This book felt nothing at all like Grimspace. The characters have changed drastically. Their relationships are fundamentally altered. Even the focus feels less about Jax and more about a bigger picture. It’s almost like reading an entir ...more
Julia
Dec 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Catch-22, damned if you do, damned if you don't. Fidelity, immortality, and cross species devotion, Aguirre has written a relationship unlike any other. In ENDGAME Aguirre attempts to offer these beloved characters closure. This last book doesn't dethrone AFTERMATH as my favorite in the series, but it did make me nostalgic to go back to book one and start reading this series all over again.

Poised between futures with Vel and March, I could have been happy being left with only Sirantha's possibi
Allison
Endgame is a satisfying conclusion to the Grimspace series. The whole series ended up being different than I expected, not having one epic story arc with a cataclysmic ending. By the time I reached this book, I understood that better.

The entire book takes place on one planet again, involving the long struggle for freedom for the natives of La’heng. I have to say that although I missed Grimspace and some of the crew from the past, I was still captured by this story. I love Jax's relationship wit
Catherine
I know others in my circle didn't care for the last two books in this series, however I did. I thought the ending of this series was epic. Such an evolution of characters. Difficult and touchy, I thought the author gave me an exquisite study of love and friendship. More thoughts to come.
Damali
Jul 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Damali by: Regina
This world is so rich, and there's so many more stories that can be told. I hope Ann starts a new series with a different POV. The nephew, for instance. I started the first book four different times before I got into it. I'm so glad I stuck with it!
After Aftermath I was a little nervous about reading Endgame, I was worried about the direction certain things went and I wasn't happy at what seemed to be turning into a love triangle between Sirantha, March and Vel. As it turns out I'm actually quite glad that I did read it, if nothing else it means I have closure on the series and there were things I really enjoyed about the story.

To start with the positives I was really pleased to see Sirantha follow through on her promise to Loras to help h
Marissa
Jun 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
I am so, so sad to say goodbye to this amazing group of characters. They have been with me for so long; it’s almost like losing a limb. I’m not even ashamed to admit I got weepy a few times. Nevertheless, in the end we must all let go at some point and spread our wings wide in hopes of experiencing even more wonder and amazement that is just waiting to be found. This is also what I believe Jax and Company are out there doing at this very moment. (I’m such a sap, I know.)

I am very happy with the
Ashley
I’m not sure reading all six of these books back to back was such a great idea. I kind of got burnout and had a hard time finishing. But at the same time, I really liked what Aguirre ultimately did with this series. I thought Endgame was a great ending and really served to showcase just exactly what was important to her about Jax and Jax’s story. Jax herself tells us in the opening sentence, “This is not a love story,” so I’m not sure exactly how much clearer Aguirre could have made that.

Spoiler
Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews)
"But the truth is, the longer you love the same person, the more mysterious they become. March is like a pocket universe, full of stars, and I will never learn all his light."

"March knows what I want and what I can offer. He gets me down to my breath and bone; he will not try to change me. For him, I need not yield that which makes me Jax; I need not surrender the universe for March's sake. He will share it with me."

I've been all over the universe with Sirantha Jax, March, and Vel. This was a fi
Joy
Sep 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A perfect ending to one of my most favorite series. Ann Aguirre is an amazing author who has given me many hours of reading pleasure.
Michelle Cummings
Sep 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Great ending to a fantastic series. I actually thought that book 5 was the end of the series (I don't know why!) and I thought it's bittersweet ending was perfect for Sirantha Jax's life. This was not quite as perfect (IMO) but I think other people will actually like this story more.
Holly
May 29, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: science-fiction
I was so bugged with the choices Jax made that I couldn't finish the last few pages. Definitely not my fav.
Girls, Guns and G...: Endgame (Sirantha Jax #6) 31 55 Dec 22, 2012 02:08PM
  • Children of Scarabaeus (Scarabaeus, #2)
  • Hope's Folly (Dock Five Universe, #3)
  • Alien Diplomacy (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #5)
  • Honor's Knight (Paradox #2)
  • Enemy Within (Enemy, #1)
  • Gratuitous Epilogue (Touchstone, #4)
  • A Soldier's Duty (Theirs Not to Reason Why, #1)
  • Cottonwood
  • Silver Shark (Kinsmen, #2)
  • Pure Magic (Black Dog, #2)
  • An Accidental Goddess
Ann Aguirre is a New York Times & USA Today bestselling author with a degree in English Literature; before she began writing full time, she was a clown, a clerk, a voice actress, and a savior of stray kittens, not necessarily in that order. She grew up in a yellow house across from a cornfield, but now she lives in sunny Mexico with her husband, children, and various pets. She likes all kinds ...more
More about Ann Aguirre

Sirantha Jax (6 books)
  • Grimspace (Sirantha Jax, #1)
  • Wanderlust (Sirantha Jax, #2)
  • Doubleblind (Sirantha Jax, #3)
  • Killbox (Sirantha Jax, #4)
  • Aftermath (Sirantha Jax, #5)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Paradise Lost (The Vampire Diaries; Evensong, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Obsidian Curse (A Stacy Justice Mystery #5)
  • A History of Glitter and Blood
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Steeplejack (Steeplejack #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Oz Reimagined: New Tales from the Emerald City and Beyond
  • Long May She Reign
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Song of Achilles
    $11.74 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Sins of Empire (Gods of Blood and Powder, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Black Tuesday (Time Patrol)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3)
  • Cloaked in Red
  • Warrior's Revenge
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fire and Bone (Otherborn, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Pale Queen Rising (Pale Queen, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Emerald Isle (A Stacy Justice Mystery #4)
  • The Elven
  • Children of the New World
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Best of Robert E. Howard: Crimson Shadows (Volume 1)
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Romeo Catchers (The Casquette Girls #2)
  • The Graveyard Book, Volume 1
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Devil in Silver
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Hunt (Disrupted Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Quantum Thief (The Jean le Flambeur Series, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Starship Grifters (Rex Nihilo #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fields of Fire (Frontlines, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Changelings (The Twins of Petaybee, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Darwin Elevator (Dire Earth Cycle, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Country of Ice Cream Star
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The Cottingley Secret
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Blood Gamble (Disrupted Magic, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Closed and Common Orbit (Wayfarers, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
“This is not a love story. It is my life, and as such, there is love, loss, war, death, and sacrifice. It's about things that needed to be done and choices made. I regret nothing.” 13 likes
“Now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be shelter for the other. Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth for the other. Now there will be no loneliness, for each of you will be companion to the other. Now you are two persons, but there are three lives before you: His life, Her Life, and Your life together.” 11 likes