Start by marking “The Chinese Vegan Kitchen: More Than 225 Meat-free, Egg-free, Dairy-free Dishes from the Culinary Regions o f China” as Want to Read:

Colorful, aromatic, and flavorful—and as simple as ordering in.

The harmonious blending of color, aroma, and flavor has made Chinese cuisine one of the most popular on the planet. As the world’s largest producer of fruits and vegetables, China boasts an impressive array of meat-free, egg-free, dairy-free dishes that has also made its cuisine one of the earth’s healthiest.
Published December 4th 2012 by TarcherPerigee

To ask other readers questions about The Chinese Vegan Kitchen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chinese Vegan Kitchen

Start your review of The Chinese Vegan Kitchen: More Than 225 Meat-free, Egg-free, Dairy-free Dishes from the Culinary Regions o f China
Anita
Jan 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am so proud of this 7th book of Donna's! The recipes are great (even for a non-vegan) and her writing is inspiring. I have known Donna since she became my sister's best friend in college and am amazed at her accomplishments, especially the year spent in China, which inspired this latest book. ...more
egellston
Apr 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
In her book The Chinese Vegan Kitchen Donna Klein has done a marvelous job of taking down the intimidation factor of Chinese cooking.

She does a fabulous job in the beginning of explaining the ingredients and where they can be purchased.

The ingredient list in the recipes seem long at first but if you make many of the things in the book your pantry will be well stocked and the list will seem approachable. The directions are clear and easy to follow.

Thank you Donna for stretching the American rep
mad mags
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks, reviewed
Toss the takeout menus and get cooking!

Full disclosure: I received a free copy of this book for review at the publisher's behest.

I've taken to reviewing cookbooks lately because I like the challenge. I can be rather lazy when it comes to cooking, and tend to procrastinate to the point where my only choices for dinner are last night's leftovers - or a pita bread pizza. Making unfamiliar dishes, on the other hand, requires planning and flexibility - my culinary arch nemeses! Enter: the cookbook re
Randall
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Full transparency I am not vegan, rather I eat vegan for a healthy balance about three days a week. Having said that, I was vegan for over eight years and am a formally trained macrobiotic chef.

This is one of those rare gems where the book is well written and loaded with great recipes. The author does a spectacular job of covering all the steps and little details. Not one of these has failed in our test kitchen;)

The only negative, not liking this on my Kindle. So nothing to do with the author an
Julie Merson
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Donna's cookbooks, and was so excited to get this one. Although I needed to take time and slowly stock up my pantry, most of the items are cheap (under $5) and last a long time. All the directions for fresh noodles and whatnot can seem off-putting, but using the dried stuff in the supermarket works just fine. And frying your own tofu is so easy, so don't go out of your way to find the premade stuff. My favorite recipe is Quick Chao Fen with Scallions and Peanuts. Easy and so, so good. Bas ...more
Karen
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
well worth your $. Budget friendly.
Sandy  Kemp
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vegan
yum
Karen Pickard-Four
Oct 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: blio-ipad
These recipes are interesting but reading a cookbook electronically is not working for me....though blio's not a bad platform. ...more
Kisha Smith
Nov 30, 2012
Dana Altier
Jul 10, 2021
Rachel
rated it did not like it
Feb 01, 2020
Rachel
Feb 03, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Choose Me
  • The Water Margin (Real Reads)
  • No Meat Athlete, Revised and Expanded: A Plant-Based Nutrition and Training Guide for Every Fitness Level—Beginner to Beyond [Includes More Than 60 Recipes!]
  • The Hope Chest
  • The Golden Ass
  • The Bazaar of Bad Dreams
  • Seriously Curious: The Facts and Figures that Turn Our World Upside Down
  • An Ethiopian Romance
  • 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do: Take Back Your Power, Embrace Change, Face Your Fears, and Train Your Brain for Happiness and Success
  • Lies We Bury
  • Turn Right at Machu Picchu: Rediscovering the Lost City One Step at a Time
  • The Apology Project
  • MINIMALIST HOME: Simply Less! Cozy Home, Minimal Style
  • Gerald's Game
  • Minimalism: How to Simplify and Declutter Your life With Minimalist Habits
  • The Truth About Clutter: 9 Truths That Will Empower You to Let Go and Live Free
  • The Magic of Found Objects