Start by marking “The Baby Cheapskate Guide to Bargains: How to Save on Blankets, Bottles, and Everything Baby” as Want to Read:

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  35 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
How to get everything you need for your new baby-without breaking the bank. When Angela Wynne started preparing for her baby's arrival, she was overwhelmed by all the must-haves she supposedly needed. She quickly discovered that the average American family can expect to shell out more than $23,000 for the first two years of the baby's life. Daunted by the cost of having a ...more
Published May 1st 2012 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about The Baby Cheapskate Guide to Bargains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Baby Cheapskate Guide to Bargains

Stacie
Apr 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
No I am NOT having a baby, but I almost wish I was. Ok, maybe not, but I DO wish I had this book when I was having babies. This book would have been a life-saver to me and I am sure it will be to many, many pregnant and new moms out there. Even though I am not expecting a baby, I learned something about searching on Google for products from this book.

The book is not only full of advice from Wynne, but also full of reader tips from moms. The best advice I ever got since I became a mom came from
Josiah
Apr 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Angela packs tons of helpful information into this book by giving the baby product-lowdown on what you need, what you might want, and what you should skip. There are reviews of the most highly-rated products in several categories (bedding, diapering, toys, strollers, etc). Dozens of websites are listed for further research and purchasing. And best of all, she lists the prices you should be able to purchase products at (if you do your homework). She makes couponing, price comparisons, and online ...more
Clarissa
May 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
I got this book as a First Reads book. This was a great book full of helpful tips and information from both the author herself as well as other moms. It was wonderful and I can't wait for my chance to use the tips. I have past my copy on to my sister who has a 4 month old son, and she loves it too.
Kara
Jun 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads. and love it!
Jill
Jul 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Great ideas on saving money. I was hoping for a long list of websites with specific things to get for free, but still enjoyed the great ideas, even for baby #3.
Kourtney Hanks
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Informative, both for baby needs and how to get them at cheaper prices. Quick and easy to read.
Karyn
Jul 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Well-organized and incredibly helpful. I think she has a very rational outlook on preparing for a baby. I took notes and even marked sections for my husband to read for "homework!"
Kimberly
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I do not have kids. Yet. This is a great book that I will pass on to my mama friends. This is a great book to tell moms what they need and what not to waste money on.
Emily
Megan Morrow
May 03, 2012
Claudia Alderman
Feb 08, 2013
Atlanta-area resident Angela Wynne started her blog, BabyCheapskate.com, in 2005 when her son was just a few months old. She and her husband were self-employed and had zero money to spare–and babies are expensive. Each week Wynne searched through circulars for the best deals on diapers, formula, and everything baby. Then she decided to pass these bargains on to other parents to save them time and ...more
More about Angela Wynne...