Start by marking “Rosemary Opens Her Heart (Home at Cedar Creek, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rosemary Opens Her Heart (Home at Cedar Creek, #2)

Rosemary Opens Her Heart

(Home at Cedar Creek #2)

Another spring reminds the Amish of Cedar Creek, Missouri, that for everything there is a season.

Zanna Lambright is finally marrying Jonny Ropp, and friends and family have come from far and wide to celebrate. Among them is young widow Rosemary Yutzy, mother of toddler Katie, whose husband was tragically killed last fall. With a willing heart Rosemary has taken over care
Published November 6th 2012 by NAL (first published October 2nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Rosemary Opens Her Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rosemary Opens Her Heart

Start your review of Rosemary Opens Her Heart (Home at Cedar Creek, #2)
Rhonda Gayle
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Naomi King has written a lovely Amish tale of a young woman who opens her heart to love again after losing her husband far too soon, leaving her alone to raise little Katie. Katie charms all around her and especially Matt Lambright, who also notices her mamm's gentle smile and loving ways. Abby has finds her chance for love with James. You will definitely find many enjoyable hours reading to see how things turn out for these young couples. It is a story of commitment and families taking care of ...more
Book Him Danno
I am an official Amish Romance fan. I wanted to read this book, the second in the series, to see if my favorite characters from the last book got together or not….well this book has a bit about those two, but it focuses on a completely new character. Rosemary.

Rosemary is a young widow who comes to Cedar Creek for a wedding. She meets Matt and he falls for her the moment he sees her. She takes a bit more convincing, well quite a bit at that. She is head strong and yet follows her views as an
TAMMY CUEVAS
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When young widow Rosemary Yutzy attends the wedding of Zanna Lambright and Jonny Ropp, she attracts the attention of the bride's brother, Matt. Although Rosemary is still mourning her late husband, Matt's persistent courtship causes her to begin to see the possibility of a second chance at love.

This is a very enjoyable sequel to Ms. King's Abby Finds Her Calling. Although I recently wondered if I could be at the end of my fascination with Amish fiction, this novel convinced me otherwise.
Wendy Hines
Dec 21, 2012 rated it really liked it

I really enjoy well written Amish fiction. I live close to an Amish community so it is always interesting to see how well researched the author is. Rosemary Opens Her Heart is wonderful. In fact, I loved this book! I want to read the whole series now! This is the second book, but I'm planning on going back to get the first.

There is just something about the simple life that sings to me. Rosemary is a great character whom's struggles are real, physically and spiritually. She still loves her late
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
"Some of us have dealt with disappointment this past week, and it seems to me that instead of making lemonade from such lemons, maybe a pan of lemon bars - or a lemon meringue pie! - would be a better way of chasing off our negative moods. We have to take the sour with the sweet, and when you bake up a pie or a batch of lemon bars, you spread happiness along with your treats. I wish you someone wonderful to share them with this week. ~ Abigail Lambright"

Abigail or Abby as her friends call her is
Tara Lee
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Naomi King's novels. Rosemary Opens Her Heart is no exception. I love her portrayal of the Amish communities and culture and the way that she spins her stories together with romance are just fantastic.

Rosemary was a bit frustrating at first. Here is this handsome kind-hearted man who is interested in her and is incredibly kind to her little girl. And here is this town full of kind-spirited Amish folk who are more than happy to welcome her into the fold. Why is she so hesitant to let
Patricia Kemp Blackmon
Aug 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book starts out where book one left off, which is at Zanna Lambright and Jonny Ropp's marriage ceremony and celebration with family and friends. This newlyweds act as matchmakers pairing up young Amish men and women in hopes of the possibility of the couples will be a good match that would end up in courting leading to marriage.

Two such couples stand out from the rest. Abby Lambright and James Graber were both surprised to be paired up for dinner by the bride and groom. Then Matt Lambright
Gayle Pace
Oct 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
REVIEW
We are at the wedding of Zanna, Abby's sister, to Jonny Ropp. Zanna had gotten pregnant by Jonny Ropp during their Rumspringa. They had a little boy they called Harley. James Garber thought Zanna was going to be his betrothed . He is attending the wedding anyway. James had forgiven Zanna and they are now friends. Then we have Rosemary Yutzy, a young widow with her toddler Katie. She attracts attention from the bride's brother Matt while at the wedding. Matt becomes very persistent in
Brenda
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
After reading "Abby Finds Her Calling" the first book in the Home At Cedar Creek series I couldn't wait to read this one,and I must say I wasn't disappointed!

This book takes off right where the last one left off. It's the wedding of Zanna Lambright and Johnny Ropp. With many in attendance including Zanna's jilted beau James Graber, thing is James realizes that now that Zanna is married it's time to move on with his life, and hopes that God will reveal his plan to him sometime soon. He is unsure
Sheila
Nov 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked this book, but I wish I would have read the book that came before. I felt like I couldn't connect to all of the characters as quickly because there was a lot of back story that wasn't there, and it felt like I should have already known about their history, but I didn't. It took me longer to get into the story. I love this author's writing, but this is a book that will be enjoyed more if you have read the first book in the Home at Cedar Creek series.

As far as the story, it was a journey
Ruth Hill
Nov 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This is the perfect sequel to the first in series, and it was so nice to see characters that I recognized and read about the community at Cedar Creek yet again! If you follow my reviews regularly, you know that Amish fiction is something I delight in reading, and Naomi King (who also writes as Charlotte Hubbard)is one of my favorite authors of this genre. I tried to figure out why I like her writing style so well, and I think that this is what I discovered. I love the fact that she writes about ...more
Maureen Timerman
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
We begin this story at the wedding of Abby's sister Zanna to Jonny Ropp. Attending the wedding is a young widow and her daughter Rosemary Yutzy and toddler Katie. Also attending is the fellow who thought Zanna was going to be his wife...James Garber.
We find that the paths we have chosen for our lives are not always the ones God has for us. Things change, sometimes it is hard for us to understand.
When James was interested in Zanna, he couldn't see Abby, even though he had known her most of his
Meagan Myhren-bennett
Dec 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Rosemary Opens Her Heart
Home at Cedar Creek Book 2
By Naomi King

Rosemary Yutzy is still grieving over her husband Joe. But when she attends a wedding in Cedar Creek change that she never expected is about to come yet again into her life in the form of Matt Lambright. For Matt, Rosemary is everything he has ever wanted in a wife but can he convince her.

Meanwhile Abby Lambright may be about to have her lifelong dream finally come true when James Graber starts paying attention to her. James realizes
D.J.
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I hope you’ve read the first book in this series… it’s definitely my favorite way to read continuing stories. Although each book can be read as a stand-alone, it’s much better to enjoy the story, as it continues.

In the beginning of this book, Zanna and Jonny are wed. Abby and James finally have a chance to court—or do they? Well, you’ll have to read the book to find out what happens with Abby… and James, too.

Abby’s nephew Matt sees Rosemary at the wedding, and takes to her right away, but
Shirley Hailstock
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Naomi King’s second installment in her Home at Cedar Creek series involves widow Rosemary Yutz, content to remain single and rear her toddler daughter, Katie. But Matt Lambright is looking for a wife and when Rosemary walks into his line of vision at a wedding, he knows he’s found his love.

Convincing Rosemary proves difficult, however. She’s running a baking business, taking care of her in-laws and her daughter. Still nursing the memory of her dead husband, Rosemary has no time or inclination to
Barbara Thompson
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rosemary Opens Her Heart is the second book in the Home At Cedar Creek series and the author writes a beautiful love story. Rosemary with her little toddler, Katie, lost the love of her life, her husband Joe. She started taking care of her in-law's family and running a home-based business, but change was coming to her life. Could she move to a new Amish community? What about her home-based business? The big question, could she love again?

The author gives more than this love story in this novel.
Dorrice
Nov 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good book by Naomi King, the second in a series. Rosemary is a young widow still grieving for her Joe who had passed away a few months earlier. She has a 3-year-old, Katie, who is prone to running off to explore and sometimes gets herself in trouble or danger.Enter Matt Lambright, who is smitten at first sight. After a time all comes out as it should. They are planning to marry, although she insisted on a long courtship so they could get to know each other better. Another couple are ...more
Ann
Oct 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amish-romance
Rosemary Opens her Heart is book 2 of the Home at Cedar Creek series continuing the story of the Lambrights, Garners and other lovable characters from book 1, Abby Finds her Calling. We catch up with Zanna and Johnny and see how Abby and James start to develop a closer relationship while being introduced to new love interest for Matt Lambright. A feel good book you will not be able to put down. I can't wait for the next book!

Janice
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read this on the kindle

This is a nice series but you do need to read in order so you can follow better while it does refer back to things from book one

Rosemary is a widow who Matt has fallen for but she still grieving for her dead husband while taking care of his father & sister plus her daughter

It a easy read that leaves you in that feel good mood
melissalynnmckim
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love series like these that you can feel like your in the story when you read them..I'm glad I found these and decided to read them. I am rating this book already even though I'm not done with it cause I love it..good work Naomi King . love the covers of these to. matches with the story.
April Suter
Apr 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Matt eye catches someone new at his siser, Zanna, wedding. Rosemary is healing from losing her mother-in-law and husband within a short time. Matt is in love at first sight, Rosemary has her daughter to think of first.

It had some repeats from the first book in the series.

279 pages
Peggy Clayton
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love the way Naomi King writes and I always get so involved with the character but Rosemary was so easy to like and you just felt for her for the entire book. I'm sure if you like Amish books that you will also love this book and any others that she writes.
Arlene
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the book that I know I will be reading again and again. I enjoyed the book so much.
Pat
Nov 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Good book, the story continues from the last book and focuses on a new one.
Jessie Cumpson
Jan 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Good book.
Christy
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amish
I enjoyed the openness in this story that you don't find a lot of times in fiction.
PWRL
Oct 25, 2013
Paula
Sep 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• A Promise for Ellie (Daughters of Blessing, #1)
  • Summer of Secrets (Seasons of the Heart, #1)
  • An Unbroken Heart (Amish of Birch Creek #2)
  • Like a Bee to Honey (The Honeybee Sisters #3)
  • Winter of Wishes (Seasons of the Heart #3)
  • A Love Made New (Amish of Birch Creek #3)
  • Promise Lodge (Promise Lodge, #1)
  • Christmas at Promise Lodge (Promise Lodge, #2)
  • Written in Love (Amish Letters #1)
  • Harvest of Blessings (Seasons of the Heart #5)
  • The Hearts of Horses
  • The Christmas Cradle (Seasons of the Heart #6)
  • A Simple Christmas (Simple Gifts #3)
  • An Amish Family Christmas: Heart of Christmas\A Plain Holiday
  • Alaskan Holiday
  • Any Dream Will Do (New Beginnings, #4)
  • Breath of Spring (Seasons of the Heart, #4)
  • A Place at Our Table (Amish Homestead #1)
Drawing upon her experiences in Jamesport, the largest Old Order Amish community west of the Mississippi, longtime Missourian Naomi King (a.k.a. Charlotte Hubbard) writes of simpler times and a faith-based lifestyle in her new Seasons of the Heart series. Like her heroine, Miriam Lantz, Charlotte considers it her personal mission to feed people—to share hearth and home. Faith and family, farming ...more

Home at Cedar Creek (2 books)
  • Abby Finds Her Calling (Home at Cedar Creek, #1)