Start by marking “Llama Llama Zippity-Zoom” as Want to Read:

Llama Llama ZIP!
Llama Llama ZOOM!
Llama Llama Red Pajama
VROOM, VROOM, VROOM!

On the playground, Llama goes fast! Llama zips by on his scooter and swishes down the slide--whoosh! These board books are more than great read-alouds--they're great act-alongs, too! Younger audiences will love doing as Llama does in these supremely adorable, incredibly engaging
Board Book, 14 pages
Published May 1st 2012 by Viking Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Llama Llama Zippity-Zoom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Llama Llama Zippity-Zoom

Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna DewdneyLlama Llama Mad at Mama by Anna DewdneyLlama Llama Time to Share by Anna DewdneyLlama Llama Home with Mama by Anna DewdneyLlama Llama Misses Mama by Anna Dewdney
Preschool-'L'
14 books — 7 voters
Is Your Mama a Llama? by Deborah GuarinoLlama Llama Holiday Drama by Anna DewdneyHearts and Llamas by Tara SivecThe Llama Space Tale by Isshak FerdjaniLlama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney
Llamas
61 books — 8 voters

More lists with this book...

La Coccinelle
Feb 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
This is another of the Llama Llama board books for very young readers. I was taken aback when I opened up the e-book because Llama's ears were waving in the breeze on the cover! The motion continues on the pages, with ears and tails wagging. I'm not sure I really like this e-book feature; it was kind of distracting for me.

The other problem is that this particular e-book is missing nearly 1/4 of the text. The rhyme is supposed to go:

Llama Llama ZIP!
Llama Llama ZOOM!
L
/>
Dolly
Dec 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their little ones
Shelves: childrens, 2012, rhyming
We've read many of the books in the Llama Llama series by Anna Dewdney and they are really fun books to read aloud.

Unfortunately our girls are growing out of books like this, so I have to sneak them in on my own when I get a chance. This is a short and cute book that encourages being active and zooming around.

There's lots of onomatopoeia and I'm sure that the littlest ones will want to hop and clap along with this book.

The narrative and illustrations are just as adorable and entertaining as I've come to
Sara (Sjthroughthelookingglass)
My daughter finds the book no matter where it is on her shelves. She loves pointing at the ball, at the car, trying to make the vroom noises from one of the pages... it's a favorite.
Jessica
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
It kept saying “Llama Llama red pajama” but he wasn’t wearing red pajamas.
Kimberly
Jun 22, 2019 rated it liked it
A cute introduction to the llama and onomatopoeia for tiny humans.
Aneesa
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Another favorite (of mine, at least).
Jem
Jul 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
Lame lame llama. Shit didn't even rhyme.
Julia West
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Summary: This story observes Llama Llama as he zooms through a fun-filled day.
Evaluation: The text has great rhythm and sight words perfect for kindergarten.
Teaching Ideas: Llama Llama is a great character to use within the class. I would suggest this book for students in kindergarten to read individually. Students can do a picture walk and then read using the sight words they know. The teacher can also use the many onomatopoeia's in the text to teach her students what they are, and
Alison Reads
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1-3
This is classic Anna Dewdney mini-sized. Written in her distinctive rhythmic style it is perfect for reading aloud. It has a subtle message about friendship slipped in but its basically just a short, fun read. If your child enjoys this than read more Anna Dewdney, of course!
Suzanne Kunz Williams
A fun book that illustrates so many of the toys children love to move with and play on. The onomatopoeia keeps the book fresh and fun

**What ways to you like moving / traveling? Do you prefer to go fast or slow? Why?
Juli
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
It really bothered me that the book says “llama llama red pijamas” so many times. The llama is not on his pijamas. My little one loves everything “llama llama”, so we have covered a lot of the text with our own version.
Kimberly
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this fun childrens book is about llama playing with his friends racing around and swinging and in the end he ends up tired out and all sitting under the tree relaxing
Krissy
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: board-books
My son's absolute favorite book at 7 months old! We read it many times a day, and he actually chooses this book to bring to me, which is adorable to see!
Caitlinleah
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: board-books
A rollicking good time. Excellent onomatopoeia. Simple plot conveyed with minimal words. Rhythmic rhyming at its best.
Mark
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet. Nice flow to the text. Fun little read.
Annie Payne
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
You can never go wrong with a Llama Llama book!
Megan
Jul 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute! Great for baby/toddler story time. Good rhythm and flow.
Austin Wright
Dec 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Llama Llama Zippity-Zoom deals with sound effects. It is a simple 30 second read.
Lillian
Feb 14, 2019 rated it liked it
The illustrations are great but there isn't much to this story.
Sevi Sather
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a punt.
Austin Gullett
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Serialized children's characters always, without question, need to have a book either about (1) vehicles or (2) movement, and this satisfies that requirement for our pajama-clad llama buddy.
Kevin
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
"Llama Llama Zippity-Zoom," is poetry in motion with movement as the theme. Llama Llama plays with a friend on all sorts of wheeled and non-wheeled movement makers. From scooters to slides this book promotes motion and examines the sounds they may make while in action. Every page is filled with smiles showing the true enjoyment of motion. The colors are appealing to the eye and allow the reader to focus on the activity being demonstrated. After all the commotion and activities of the day there i ...more
Anastasia Tuckness
Sep 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ever since Llama Llama hit the picture book scene in his first book, Llama Llama Red Pajama, families have been enjoying the rhythmic cadence, touching moments, and humor that characterize these wonderful picture books.

This year, Llama Llama has his own set of board books! There are three so far. Zippity-Zoom is full of action sounds and words, as Llama and his friend "vroom, swoosh, and zoom" all over the playground. Guaranteed to make all readers want to run to the nearest park, th
Emily
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
With a lot of little ones in my life, I'm always on the lookout for strong board books. This one's full of great beginning sound effects to act out ("Llama llama ZIP! Llama llama ZOOM! Llama llama red pajama VROOM VROOM VROOM! Llama llama SWISH! Llama llama SWOOSH!" etc) Could actually be read as a bounce (baby on lap, adult acting out motions) & perhaps become a baby's favorite that way. Exceptionally special? No. But it's simple, done right, and Anna Dewdney's rhymes never fail to scan.
Linda Branich
Nov 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s, poetry
This sturdy little board book is perfect for little ones to hold and turn the pages; not too big, and not too small. It is written in rhyme with onomatopoeia, and I believe that after enough repetition, the cute pictures would trigger them to recite to themselves. Llama llama is very active on many toys and sounds are associated with the activity, something that young children love to hear and imitate.
K Brown
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
My students, my nieces, my children and I get much joy reading the Llama Llama books.
jacky
Jul 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: lib-lew, board-books
These board books are a nice addition to the llama llama series. There isn't much to them, but that makes them good for very young readers, as a board book should be directed. Natalie still likes them because she already loves Llama Llama. We like that the car in this one looks like the one we have.
Rosa Cline
May 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
We have read every Llama Llama book there is now, and they are all super good. My 2 year old granddaughter loves him and has since she was about 9 mths old.

This board book is more for babies or very early readers it has two or three words per page as Llama Llama and his friend play. Fun words like 'zoom' 'zip''vroom' etc. ones that make little ones laugh and giggle
Jennifer Heise
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Despite the fact that my 4 year old had gone off of Llama Llama in general, he ADORED this one: the rhymes, the zooming! Lots of giggling and reciting, and you don't need to be a Llama Llama groupie. Nothing much happens except that Llama and his friend do lots of action things, there is a near crash but a happy ending.
Russell
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
Cute rhyming scheme, nice uses of onomatopoeia. (view spoiler)
« previous 1 3 next »

• Silly Little Goose!
  • Dinosaur Dig!
  • The Wheels on the Bus
  • You Are My Sunshine

Llama Llama (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Llama Llama Red Pajama