Start by marking “Born to Win: Find Your Success Code” as Want to Read:
Born to Win: Find Your Success Code

Born to Win: Find Your Success Code

Zig Ziglar’s Born to Win: Find Your Success Code, compresses four decades of life-changing tools and practices into one inspiring, easy-to-use format for people who want to grow and improve the whole spectrum of their lives now!

Zig has always taught that “You were born to win, but to be the winner you were born to be you must plan to win and prepare to win. Then and only
Published January 18th 2012 by AudioInk (first published January 1st 2010)

Chris Munson
Aug 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-improvement
"Born to Win" is basically an updated combination of much of Zig Ziglar's previously published (though groundbreaking) material. The book guides the reader through his well-known "plan, prepare and expect" strategy. Much of the material in this book is already contained in "See You at the Top" and the "Born to Win" audio seminar, so there isn't a ton of new material. The book is an excellent introduction for individuals new to Ziglar's world of self-improvement and it provides a great summary of ...more
Natalie Held
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Zig.
Aubrey
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a compilation of motivational lectures by Zig Ziglar that was worth every penny. It is extremely inspirational in every aspect of life. He covers self esteem, becoming an optimist, how to have great marital relations, how to have great relationships with others, how to be a good parent, how to set and achieve goals, and how to help others achieve goals, and I'm sure so much more that I have unintentionally left out. It is about 19 hours, maybe a little more, and will absolutely change y ...more
Anne Woodbury
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
My first zig book and I really enjoyed it. Really liked how he blends personal and professional and spiritual
Scott
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: personal-growth
A fantastic book that is the perfect compliment to "See You at the Top". Zig is writing after a lifetime of success. He is now in his 80's as he opens the book and shares the cream of the crop in regards to his ideas. I've used Zig's goal-setting process to achieve many things in my life, including career goals, educational goals (currently completing a Ph.D.), and managing my life's "Wheel" (seen in the book).

In a sea of books on personal growth, Zig's are the best. Standing with men like Jim
Darrin Holst
I've never read any Zig Ziglar books, but I decided to give this one a read since its recommended by Dave Ramsey and I do everything he says.

It's a short read that will take you through three parts of success: planning, preparing, expecting. It's kind of what you'd expect from a motivational book...you're awesome, you can do anything you want, help others, etc.

There's quite a bit of spiritual talk which, in hindsight, I should of expected, but didn't.

Overall I enjoy listening to successful old t
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Although the concepts in this book are great and I have no doubt that Zig Ziglar is a great motivational speaker, his ideas are not for me. After several references about God and how he is the one that truly makes you successful, I couldn't listen to this audio book any longer. It will be on my "did not finish" shelf.
Adam
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was really surprised at how good this was. I put this right up on my foundational personal development books. I have never read a book that is so simply written but so comprehensive in personal development. It really is a fantastic little book and one I would recommend anyone keep on their bookshelf.
Mary
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Zig Ziglar is a renowned personal development expert. This book includes some very good guidance for life planning and goal setting. Told in a folksy manner on audio by Andy Andrews, it took some time to get used to the cadence. Worksheets are available online through Ziglar's website. As do many of his predecessors, contemporaries and successors in this area of "life coaching," he discusses life balance and principles for living life well. Because I've read many books in this area and attended ...more
Stephen Lubin
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
7/10

Born to Win was a surprisingly good book. I say it was a surprise because the book is filled with self-improvement platitudes. It's nothing you haven't heard before but there is something about Zig Ziglar's delivery that makes it better than most of the success books you read. He does a good job framing his lessons and he curates the material so that it's very easily absorbed. He is a highly skilled public speaker and it shines through in the book. There is a reason he is considered one of t
Nguyen Luan
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well written and informative, this book is absolutely excellent. I love the materials for this book. This is the book you're looking for

And I have extracted from the book some paragraphs that I like best in order to introduce this good book to the readers. You can read these interesting quotes prior to making a decision to read the whole book....!

"Do any of the symptoms on this list sound familiar to you?"

"Six reasons to set goals"

Thanks and Wish you and your family health and success.
Ken Lenoir
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
excellent resource! zig ziglar is a treasure! I can't believe this is my first exposure to him but it is nonetheless. After I became a believer I invested in his How To Stay Motivated series as well.

I like Zig's humor, sincerity, and wisdom. He's a great speaker and entertainer! And his philosophies are truly beneficial:

you can get anything you want in life, if you'll just help enough other people get what they want.

you are where you are and what you are because of what you've put into your mi
Ronald
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very fast book that has a lot of actionable steps to analyze one’s life and make way for a better one. From how to set goals to things to reflect to general knowledge/stories that aim to show you how to win, this book gets straight to the point. Zig talks about faith a lot, since that’s his thing, but it’s in a way that is personable to him. It makes me see his drive and purpose, which was very clear from the beginning- to teach us how to win life
Adam
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
They don't make them like Zig anymore his son didn't fall to far from the apple tree.

Pearls of Wisdom:

The playing field of life is not level
Exceeds calculation
Fleas won't jump any higher then a capped jar story
People who take risks are the people you will lose against
It's out of our souls that our attitude flows the depth of your spirit will determine the height of your success
Human beings will give their lives for intangible ideas and principles
Persistent consistency
The project gives me m
Sandi
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it
This is NOT the book I read, but I don't see the book I read here on Goodreads. I read Born to Win by Zig Ziglar and Tom Ziglar, 2017. Nothing new but good to review to message every now and then.
James Marsh
Nov 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
I know this review will be colored by recent reviews. I was reading this when I heard that Zig Ziglar had passed away.

At the beginning he mentions this is his swan song, as he doubted his health would allow him to have the opportunity to write more.

Zig introduced me to personal development and motivation and has always been a great source of charm, wit, quotability mixed with good old fashioned down home wisdom.

This book is more or less a "best of" and someone looking for something new and radic
Devon Darden
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A splendidly written book by an author/icon that seems to capture and express so much in personal growth and development with the mindset of keeping it all so simple that a child could understand the intended message.
This book initially gives the impression of being written for business owners/entrepreneurs but once one dives in, it becomes immediately clear that the compassion that Zig has for his fellow man is evident and that he is wholeheartedly concerned with the good of a person in such a
Kevin Eikenberry
Let me start by saying I am a 100% Zig Ziglar fan, so by definition, this review will be biased.

I’ve read much of Zig’s writing throughout my professional life, listened to him speak, both live and on tapes (yes, cassette tapes) and have both benefited and been entertained in the process.

Born to Win is, as Zig, who is 85, says in the opening to the book, perhaps his last book. It is a book that talks about the steps required to move towards your best possible future. In it, he (assisted wonderfu
Bryan
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is truly one of Zig's best! Powerful, concise and to the point. Prepare to Win, Plan to Win and Expect to Win! Zig walks you through each stage and how to put the actions in motion to take you where you want to go in Life, personal and professional. I found it refreshing and motivattional and I am already putting the plans he shares into practice. Great advice and tools in the back to help.
Andrew
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
One of the better self-help writers in the genre. Ziglar has a unique voice and delivers quickly with his southern accent. The "wheel" strategy is excellent and easy to remember. Ziglar combines together many of his speeches into this book. I will listen to this book again and share it with friends.
Self-help and motivational speakers tend to blend together , but Ziglar is definitely one of the solid foundations of the genre.
Peggy Corino
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Born to Win is a compilation of all the different teaching tools Zig has provided over the years as a motivational speaker. It is a bang for the buck, if you will. There is a lot of great tools within this book to help you plan your goals and reach them. The information given can be added into your personal as well as business life and it is easy to begin.

For a more detailed Review: https://goofycorino.com/2015/06/26/bo...
BewareTheWildAnimals
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have ways heard about Zig Ziglar especially in relation to our business. This is the first book of his that I have read though. It was very well written and includes many of his most important points and lessons. If you haven't read his work, this is a good one to choose. Timeless lessons that are important for everyone to learn and incorporate into their lives.
Justin Jackman
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very good quick read to remind of the importance of what it takes to push ourselves to achieve our potential. Great reminder on effective goal setting strategies, and steps to propel personal and career life forward.
Engel Jones
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My encounter with Zig Ziglar was another step in transforming my mindset forever.
Russ
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Always uplifting and encouraging

I love the materials by Ziglar. They are timeless gems, with so much practical application that you can use in all areas of your life!
Raghad Khamees
Apr 17, 2014 rated it liked it
simple,clear,and easy book to read
it so motivational and leaves an impact on your life
Shannon Maddox
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-book-trek
Fantastic compilation of the knowledge of this great motivational speaker. Plus, Andy Andrews' narration made it even better.
Jerry
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Had read in earlier life but great refresher! Should be required reading for everyone...yes, everyone!
Lori Tian Sailiata
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Update on classic advice from Zig and his son. Their message may be a bit old school, but you won't have to strain hard to find their influence on the likes of Seth Godin and Malcolm Gladwell.
Brad Trademark
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Classic Zigglar.
  • Up, Down, or Sideways: How to Succeed When Times Are Good, Bad, or in Between
  • The Barefoot Executive: The Ultimate Guide for Being Your Own Boss and Achieving Financial Freedom
  • The Amazing Results of Positive Thinking
  • 212 the Extra Degree
  • What It Takes to Be Number One: Vince Lombardi on Leadership
  • Attack Your Day!: Before It Attacks You
  • Success Is Not an Accident: Change Your Choices; Change Your Life
  • Mind Over Money How to Program Your Mind for Wealth
  • Business By The Book: Complete Guide of Biblical Principles for the Workplace
  • The Art of Imperfection: Simple Ways to Make Peace with Yourself
  • Wealth: Is It Worth It?
  • Today We Are Rich: Harnessing The Power Of Total Confidence
  • Game on: Find Your Purpose--Pursue Your Dream
  • Wisdom Meets Passion: When Generations Collide and Collaborate
  • Pushing to the Front or Success Under Difficulties
  • Cracking the Millionaire Code: Your Key to Enlightened Wealth
  • The Emigrant Edge: How to Make It Big in America
  • Mission: Success
Zig Ziglar was a motivational teacher and trainer who traveled the world over, delivering his messages of humor, hope, and encouragement. As a talented author and speaker, he had international appeal that transcended every color, culture, and career. Recognized by his peers as the quintessential motivational genius of our times, Zig Ziglar had a unique delivery style and powerful messages that ear ...more
“People who accomplish great things work toward their objectives every day.” 7 likes
“If you don’t plan your time, someone else will help you waste it.” 6 likes