Start by marking “The Power Is Within You” as Want to Read:
The Power Is Within You

The Power Is Within You

Louise expands on her philosophy of “loving the self” and shows you how to overcome emotional barriers through learning to listen to your inner voice, loving the child within, letting your true feelings out, and much more!
Paperback, 40th, 240 pages
Published January 2009 by Hay House, inc (first published May 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Power Is Within You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Power Is Within You

Start your review of The Power Is Within You
Nat K

"...the simple things are usually the most profound."

Sometimes a book politely taps you on the shoulder, and says "here I am". For me, this was the right book at the right time. While "self help" books are no longer new and have become somewhat of an over-inflated phenomenon, it's nice to get back to one from an Author with integrity like Louise Hay.

I've read many of Louise Hay's books over the years, and find that her warmth and empathy shine through. For me, so much of what she writes makes se
Krystal
This is basically a simplistic version of The Power of Your Subconscious Mind so I rather enjoyed it!

The premise itself is simple: Change your thoughts, and you can change your life.

It's about not seeing yourself as a victim but learning from every experience, whether good or bad.

It promotes gratitude, and the notion that what you put out into the universe comes back to you in kind, often magnified. So if you treat people like crap, guess how you're going to be treated?

I love this idea that our
Debbie
Jul 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have learned so far so much about myself and my responses or non-responses to the past pain in my life - if you are experiencing depression, addiction, or grieving the loss of a loved-one, this is a book worth reading.
Maria Naydenova
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has given me strength in my life more times than I wish to admit. This time is no different.

This is one of those books that you have to reread periodically in certain stages of your life, just to remind yourself how strong you are and that nothing can actually take you down or make you feel down, despite you - yourself!

I truly believe in the amazing power of positive thinking, although I have to admit, sometimes in life it's just easier to stick to the bad. I'm so glad Louise wrote th
Patricia Mock
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adore Louise Hay's books. There are my go to in rough times and they always find me when I need them the most. I believe, if everyone on this planet would read her books, the world would be a better place. Enlightening, powerful and a must- read for everyone.
TheGirlWithTheHeartShapedGlasses
It was the first book ive read after ages.So it took bit longer to get it and feel it truly.I had misunderstandings and confusion i dont know why because of the translation problems or i couldnt comprehend.This is why this kind of books should be read twice.I love the parts that saying;

1.Look at the mirror and say "I love you" to yourself.
2.Listen more.
3.Realize your strenght parts and enhance it.
4.Don't use negative words,swears.
5.Be thankful to the things you dont like so that there will be so
swan lake
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started reading this book the day after its writer Louise Hay passed away at (30.8.2017) .. i owned it months before and at that day i felt its time to read her book and revive her soul that lies within the lines she left for us .. it has been with me for three months filling me up with the power of love every time i read it .. Thank u Louise Hay from heart ❤️

“You are not here to please other people or to live your lives their way. You can only live it your own way and walk your own
Leehan
Dec 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What i like about Louise Hay books are its simplicity writings and personal feelings i get reading them. I have read " How to Heal Your Life" prior to this and i feel that this book is an extension or a supplement reading to it. I have enjoyed it and i hope you do to.
Maja
The power is within you is like cleaning for the soul.
Even if you don't like or agree with everything she does or thinks, you'll still be touched. I wish everyone would take a day and read this book. You feel positive energy while you reading it.
Séverine
Dec 02, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who have no problem with the New Thought movement
While I enjoyed some of the ideas of Louise Hay, others were a bit strange to me (probably because the author is a member or follower of Religious Science). I still took away some good advice from the book.
Dawn
4.5 stars. Audio read by the author, Louise Hay. I love her gentle and soothing voice. A companion book of sorts to You Can Heal Your Life as it reaffirms the lessons learned in it and provided you with a few more.
Darlene
May 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read this book 2 times in one week. It had so much content that I was ready to hear. Louise Hay writes in a way that is very simple to understand yet has a huge impact on the self and the planet.
Huda  Aldaqqaq
the biggest inspiration is here!
I feel really relaxed when I read it!

I liked it all!
Marissa
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is the bible i now follow
Hitessh Panchal
Okay, There are many good tips and many good Affirmations, But one thing that put me off was citing examples about 'Cancer' after every few pages.

If Louise Hay is a believer that , whatever we read, see , and think about is what we attract, this book is going to make many readers cancer prone.

If you can just ignore all those pages that have references to cancer , this is a good book. The Last Few Pages are very well written , especially , the Appendix, where there is a summary of every chapter
Kat
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Took me so long to finish because I was reading/enjoying the same pages again and again and....
Haya
A lovely gift, I read it in the right time🤍
Mery
Mar 31, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was looking for this same titled book written by Claude Bristol. I could not find it, so I went thru this in about 20 min. I am very very very disappointed with this book/'writer' and cannot seem to understand what people like about it.. I have read many books from New Thought writers, so I am well aware of the philosophy she mentions in the book. She is repeating some words she heard at her science church and repeats words and sentences that she does not understand, nor can explain, which she ...more
Sandra
A good friend of mine told me about this book, so I knew more-or-less what to expect. I was vaguely familiar with the idea of affirmations and Louise Hay's methods. I have to say there were portions of this book that seemed a bit far-fetched (e.g. the idea about incarnation), but I decided that I would suspend my disbelief and just let it speak to me in its own way, in its own words. The idea about loving ourselves and garnering the power that is deep within us is not entirely unfamiliar, but th ...more
Angela
I like the person who is Louise Hay. She is a fantastic public speaker, charismatic and relatable, warm and strong. After having listened to one of her CD's my granny lent me this book. Perhaps my expectation was too far removed but I thought the whole thing fluffy and somewhat tiresome to get through. She writes as she speaks, which is fine but not what I was searching for at that particular time.

Her principals are idealistic. A more helpful starting point would be to embrace the negative as we
Pamela Fernandes
This book reinforces a person with self belief. The "I can" mentality. The book doesn't tout any religion but does say there is a higher power. What you call it is up.to you. Because of the author's own experience with abuse, she'd quite understanding of issues from childhood and it spurs her to drive this concept of inner child within each of us. She also defines success and I liked the part where she talks about growing older and aging gracefully. If you need a boost in self esteem, then this ...more
Diana Nagy
The Power is Within me! It really is. Thanks to this book, I have learned so much. This is another book that is a must read. So spiritual. SO meaningful; so inspirational. My copy is thicker because of all the flags I placed on the pages on various excerpts...so, so many. Definitely a book to be read multiple times to be sure you get the gist of all that is contained within this mid size copy.
Karen
Nov 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I personally found this book to be very inspirational, it has made me realise how unique, beautiful and powerful we really are. To sum it up, by the end of the book, I felt like the world was my oyster. It is the sort of book that I would read again in the future - and still get something from it.
Kelly
Feb 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book went hand in hand with Anatomy of the Spirit. You will begin to evaluate your thought processes, and begin to be nicer to yourself.
Morgan
Jun 07, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology
Thoughts on the power is within you

Pros:
Resentment/Anger chapter great and helpful - has explained a lot of my depression. Helpful tips to improve your mood via your anger and resentment!

Grieving death: thankfully haven’t had to use it but I think it would be helpful to listen to especially during current pandemic. I had feared losing someone but in addition to fear chapter where I understand that fear is not trusting yourself to handle a situation, I now feel less afraid to lose someone. This i
Maria Jose Valera-Brush
To be perfectly honest I had never bee into self help books, specially because of their reputation. Anyways, fast forward, 2020 and a global pandemic hits so now I have a book membership I need to use and only about 6-7 available books.
Why not give it a go and see how you feel about it? You know, never know it until you try it. So I did the inevitable: *fast forwards 3 minutes * I tried it.

I enjoyed the book, it was a light read. Took me about two weeks, some chapters were definitely better tha
vicky
“Your uniqueness sets you apart from all the others. There has never been another person like you since time began, so what is there to compare or compete with. Comparison either makes you feel superior or inferior, both of which are expressions of your ego.”

“Everything changes and what was perfect for you in the past may not be perfect anymore. In order for you to keep changing and growing, go within and listen to what is right for you in the here and now.”

“I am in the right place, at the right
Cristina C
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely not a book to be read for its writing style or maybe a book that can take you to some fantasy world which you will find hard to let go of at the end of reading. No. It is a book that will help you discover the new world that's already in your Universe but has been sitting undiscovered for too long. It is a book that, if you let in, will clean your soul and mind of doubts and fear and negative energy. It sounds a bit science fiction but all you have to do is let yourself flow w ...more
Priyanka
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
--Read on Audible--

Okay, now I understand why everyone loves Louise Hay so much -- she's wonderful! "The Power Is Within You" is the dose of positivity and the inspiration to change everyone needs in their life. She is so uplifting to listen to in the background when you're not in the right frame of mind. When you feel like you're losing perspective, Louise Hay will bring you back to what's real, to what matters, and to your true self.

Favorite quotes:

- "Life is here to support you; trust the po
Soniuca
Simple summary: "Change your thoughts, you can change your life". If you didn't go through trauma... maybe that's true, you can manipulate your thoughts to find a short term alleviation of your symptoms/problems...

But if you didn't go through trauma why would you have internalized voices telling you "I am not enough", "I don't deserve..."?

I agree, the power is within you, I knowww... it's self help... I should't be this critical:(

What about going to the root of the problem and working from the
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• نبأ يقين
  • أسرار الحياة الطيبة
  • I Heart Me: The Science of Self-Love
  • Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing the Uncommon
  • Synchrodestiny: Harnessing the Infinite Power of Coincidence to Create Miracles
  • The Only Diet There Is
  • You Can Heal Your Life
Louise Hay was born to a poor mother who married Hay's violent stepfather. When she was about five, she was raped by a neighbor. At fifteen she dropped out of high school without a diploma, became pregnant, and on her sixteenth birthday gave up her newborn baby girl for adoption.

She moved to Chicago, where she worked in menial jobs, before moving in 1950 to New York. At this point she changed her

News & Interviews

“Responsibility is our ability to respond to a situation. We always have a choice.” 15 likes
“When I talk about responsibility, I am really talking about having power. Blame is about giving away one’s power. Responsibility gives us the power to make changes in our lives. If we play the victim role, then we are using our personal power to be helpless. If we decide to accept responsibility, then we don’t waste time blaming somebody or something out there. Some people feel guilty for creating illness, or poverty, or problems. They choose to interpret responsibility as guilt. (Some members of the media like to refer to it as New Age Guilt.) These people feel guilty because they believe that they have failed in some way.” 12 likes