Start by marking “America Rising” as Want to Read:
America Rising

America Rising

When an old friend of Josh Henson’s is found beaten to death in the parking garage of the San Francisco radio station where he works, the former newspaper reporter turned Internet investigator is drawn from his home in the bucolic Florida Keys into a world of political maneuvering, intimidation and assassination, all parts of a battle not only for control of the country bu ...more
Kindle Edition, First, 252 pages
Published February 2012

To ask other readers questions about America Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about America Rising

Start your review of America Rising
Jim A
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Actually I give this author four stars for the story and three stars for the presentation. There are several time line errors and since the author created the time line, I find it hard to excuse them.

This is a political thriller of sorts and favors the left of center point of view of the American corporations that are destroying the country via their greed.

A passage from the novel discussing politicians and their corporate benefactors: "Government isn't broken, it's just another bus
Mike
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As both an action thriller and social warning it is an excellent read. While the events are exciting and the scenario daring, it never goes too far, remaining on the side of believability.
This week's news (15 May 13) regarding the targeting of conservative groups like the Tea Party for special scrutiny by the IRS gives this book's theme a frightening touch of veracity. Conspiracy theorists and serious red-necks will accept it as self-evident but we have seen enough erosion of people's free
Alan Arkwright
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
America rising grabbed me from the moment I opened it. It seems to encapsulate the anger and frustration that so many Americans express about the mess in US politics. In some ways it is comparable to Aaron Aalborg's 'Revolution' which I just finished and rated, though it has less of an international perspective.

The characters were attractively drawn and the plot believable. Both these two books will likely appeal to the same disaffected groups, i.e. intelligent readers who are tired
Robbie
May 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was one of those books that pulls you in and grabs hold of you. Reminds me a little of watching REAL NEWS that actually deals with the truth - you may not like what you hear, but it's important that you know. There was plenty of action, characters you could like, characters you could hate and optimism. I like what you wrote and how you wrote it "Tom Paine". I'll be looking for more from you.
Alex
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Do you ever wonder what if? Do you think about the different directions the nation can take in the future? This book deals with the occupy movement and is a big what if scenario with the unrest taken to the extreme.
Mahree Moyle
Mar 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
The story plot kept me reading. The characters were alive and colorful. I didn't regret finishing the book. Would read other Tom Paine stories. His writing style flows well. Would recommend this book to mystery/suspense/action lovers.
Joan Thompson
Nov 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Reminded me of Ayn Rands book, Atlas shrugged.Enjoyed this powerfully written book.
Patricia
Jul 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
I think this book in many ways portrays the political climate of today and makes you think of the consequences resulting from "crooked" government and extreme groups of citizens.
Naplespeg
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Every American should read this book. It is very scary but also very hopeful.
Nancy Batezel
Mellie B
Randall Burns
Apr 30, 2014
Sheyla Oliveira
rated it did not like it
Nov 19, 2012