Start by marking “Catalyst (Vampire Apocalypse, #2)” as Want to Read:
Catalyst (Vampire Apocalypse, #2)

Catalyst

(Vampire Apocalypse #2)

Blood is power. Since the world froze and the humans died off, blood has become scarce. There’s barely enough to sustain the vampire population, even though their masses have dwindled. Many vampires are reduced to the measly few drops of blood rationed to them by the Regent, which is enough to keep them alive, barely. It’s survival; an undesirable existence.

Before the worl
Published 2012 by Laree Bailey Press

To ask other readers questions about Catalyst, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catalyst

Nereid
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Kahli had to fight for everything in her life, surviving by eliminating the trackers and wolves that pursued her, struggling to keep her freedom. Fleeing the castle, it is now a game of cat and mouse to see how long she can evade the King and Queen of the Vampires who are in pursuit. Kahli trusts that Will will keep her safe as they have an understanding now and she feels like she can depend on him to help her reach safety. Will is still keeping dangerous secrets from her which could easily dest ...more
MOVED - CHECK BIO
A.R.C. I'm the queen of them. ;D

Kahli, the kick-butt redhead, returns in book #2 of the Vampire Apocalypse series by H.M. Ward. :)

The main conflict in this book is an amusing, dangerous one. Everyone either wants to kill Kahli or capture her. Sounds like fun right? 'Yay! I get to run for my life! Later suckers!'

Kahli was kick-butt in this book. She pissed a lot of people off, gave awesome retorts, and-well-was Kahli. ;D There were hilarious parts in this book, romance parts, and action scenes th
B at Spare Time Book Blog
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
See more reviews on my blog! http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/

Since Bane was my favorite vampire book for 2012 I was highly anticipating the sequel Catalyst. I was sooo excited to get an ARC!! I feel like the story was written so well. Very put together. In other words, Catalyst was awesome! It picks up where Bane left off. Kahli and Will have escaped and are trying to recover from the crash. I love that Kahli and Will had to talk about their relationship. It turned out different then I tho
MSL
Jan 14, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Don't bother. Author abandoned series YEARS ago.

This book was great. I loved it- YEARS AGO- and I was previously very excited for book 3, as it had a publish date of 2012. Not so. I held out hope but it's 2015... The author lost interest, moved on, and wrote an endless stream of soap opera sex novels. This isn't the first series she's abandoned. Thus faithful readers are left wondering with false hope and empty promises. My advice-don't buy/read it... there isn't any more and it leaves you hangi
Holly
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this book besides it is way better than the first!! I couldn't put this book down unless I had to! There is so many twists and turns in the book it will leave you wanting more. There were times when I wanted to strangle a certain character, not to name names Will! What a jerk! Yet he can be a sweetheart. Then there is Kahli we get to know more about her and some of her strengths. Who knew a wild girl could be loyal to someone she just met? She is one strong female that I'd l ...more
Jelzc
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-faves
I didn't even know this was out until I was browsing on my kindle. I was glad to come across this, purchased it right away and read it within a few hours. More action, more spunk, more secrets, you'll never really know who's your ally or your enemy. It broke my heart at the end when Kahli realized Will wasn't on her side, then again, maybe he is. I definitely can't wait until the 3rd one. December couldn't come soon enough
Mike J
Oct 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great continuation of the series... Looking forward to the next one!

I don't understand the 1-star reviews that were left before the book was even released. Seriously? WTH? I think I'm liking this series even better than Demon Kissed, the authors last series - which was also awesome.
DeeDee
Aug 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books
I enjoyed this as much as the first! I love all of the characters, even the villains. There's lots of vampire action in this post-apocalyptic world. There's romance but it doesn't overpower the story. I do smell a love triangle coming up in the next book, which I'm looking forward to.
Adriana Rios de Biedermann
Oct 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
OK... December it not to far... But will be a ready ugly waiting..... I love the second book.... Really really good one!!!,
Laura Griffin
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Keeps moving

Fast paced. Easy to read. Good storyline. Enjoyed the book . Good formed characters . Lots of dialogue . Highly recommend.

S.M. Stryker
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hm-ward
loved the story, but didn't realize there was another book. I thought since this was written a couple years ago the series was completed.
Anita Powers
I love these books and I will say this book is even better then the first one. There is so much action in this book, there is drama, suspense, romance, betrayal, and secrets uncovered. I love Kahli and Will together, I loved the time they spent together. I thought Cassie was great in this book, so strong. Cole does not thrill me, yes he is a great brother but I do not feel any chemistry with him and Kahli. I love how Kahli goads Reggie, I think it is so funny how she can get under his skin. I th ...more
EMILY
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
DISCLAIMER TO MY FELLOW GOODREADER
This review is my personal opinion and may contain: spoilers, quotes, rants, cussing (sometimes I cannot help myself) and a possible full on recap. I in no way want to ruin anyone’s book reading experience so please read my words with caution.

Kahli barely survived the King drinking from her and trying to claim her as his. Will is able to save her but had to give her his blood, now they are bonded. Will is able to hide what's going on inside of his mind better th
Tanya
Book 2
YA Post Apocalyptic

Book 2 of this series is a build up book. Kahli has recently escaped the King , who was trying to rape and kill her by draining all of her blood. Will , a vampire human hybrid , followed her to save her from the elements outside the palace and from the royals. Will and Kahli attractions for each other grows , and she is a moment away from being bitten and bonded to Will until .... she is once again captured.

At the palace, all of the bloods slaves, Cole , Cassie and Brent
Shannon Mcfarland
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great characters! You have strong Kahli, who has to survive by eliminating the ones chasing her in order to stay free. She must evade the vampires. However, can she trust her ally to keep her safe? All the while a rebellion is taking place and the other characters are at risk. Great action and suspense!!!
Go DeArt
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More Please!

More Please!

Not too scary, but tense at times, this book would be suitable for young adult readers. It has a steady pace, but the depth of each character seems shallow or hollow at times. I hope Divergent will give more in-depth character development and resolve the story.
Tia
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this one, it was most definitely my favorite so far and it felt way longer than any other of the novels. I knew there was something fishy about Cole from the beginning and I can't believe Will betrayed her. I honestly wish it was December already, so I could have the third novel in the series!
Kate
Oct 14, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. i like the characters and the story line although it seems to be lacking something that i cant quite put my finger on.

will definitely continue with the series!

recommend for vamp lovers.
Kathy M
Nov 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!!!
I felt that Cole had something to do with Kahli's past... I felt it in my gut.
And the ending... WOW
Tracy Kincaid
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I llove be Wards books but you can tell that these books were her early books due to issues with editing. I'm enjoying the story and I sure hope Will gets redeemed.
Christie Mccormick
I like this series

I like this series. It's got twists and turns that HM Ward puts in her books. I love her books and will continue to read her books.
Marjana
Even more interesting than first one. I've liked the plot, but surprised in the end how it ends with all caracters. I will wait for next book with delight.
SLH
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it but it left me hanging! How long do I have to wait for the third installment?
Amanda Hall
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I would love to see what is next!
Eliza
Aug 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Great follow on from Bane, definitely read of you've read it!

Again great characters, great story, great plot.

Loved it!
Belinda
Oct 12, 2015 rated it did not like it
dnf at 25% :/ it was just too boring and the writing too bad.
Katherine Strom
Nov 23, 2014
Brooke Bingham
Dec 19, 2014
  • Dark World
  • Charmed Vengeance (The Aether Chronicles, #2)
  • Immortal Rain, Vol. 4
  • Chrono Crusade, Vol. 7 (Chrono Crusade, #7)
  • Stake You (Stake You #1)
  • Crimson Sky (Dark Sky, #1)
  • Babylonne (Pagan Chronicles #5)
  • This Time (Grace Allen, #3)
  • Change (Lacey Hannigan Trilogy, #2)
  • Jiu Jiu, Vol. 2
  • Rise of the Olympians (Rise of the Olympians, #1)
  • Unknown (The Elements Trilogy, #1)
  • The Lightning Storm (The Hunt, #0.1)
  • Stray Love Hearts, Vol. 04
  • Secrets Vol. 2 (Secrets, #2)
  • ココにいるよ!(2) (Koko ni Iru Yo!, #2)
  • A Touch of Honor (The Honor Trilogy #1)
H.M. Ward continues to reign as a NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author who surpassed more than 13 million books sold, placing her among the literary titans. Ward has been featured in articles in the NEW YORK TIMES, FORBES, and USA TODAY to name a few.

You can interact with this bestselling author at: www.facebook.com/AuthorHMWard. Text HMWARD to 24587 and get a text reminder on release & sale day

Vampire Apocalypse (3 books)
  • Bane (Vampire Apocalypse, #1)
  • Divergent (Vampire Apocalypse, #3)
“Those guards are going to be all sorts of pissed when they find out they've been following a bunny rabbit.” 4 likes